Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? (3600 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind:

lol!
Are u guys so doubtful of ur god?
So faithless?
U really do amaze me.

We are just laughing at your toyish understanding of the bible and also pity you because wether you believe God or not doesnt affect his supremacy. You will realise at last that you are the greatest loser. May God save you from hell.
finally, God is too big so cannot reduce him to a subject of argument. Gone are the days i engaged in such foolish acts. Wether you believe him or not is your own trouble to deal with.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 7:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: @Inurmind, ur true purpose of creating this thread is not to have an encounter with God but to "prove" that God does not exist. The thing is that, you do not know God and you don't understand His ways and people like you have to exist in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled. You might not know it but you are just doing His will and you are His subject.

Truth.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind:

Abraham said there was no need, but he didn't say he couldn't. If he wanted to I bet he would have.

Besides, I'm not asking for preaching, but for ur god to prove himself to atheists.
Is that so hard to do?
If u are so close to such a merciful, tolerant, and loving god I'm sure it would not be much of a problem.

What's ur spirituality for when u can't use it to touch lives?

Same thing am telling you. There's no need engaging in such a foolish act of reducing God's existence to a subject of argument. You as a human being is proof of his existence. You as an atheists is a confirmation of his word. Look my friend, the bible didnt tell us that the whole world must repent so if you choose not to believe God thats your business. If the whole world repents then the bible would ve been a lie. If there are no atheists or unbelievers in the world then the bible would be a lie. We have nothing to lose in your believe or unbelieve.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2012
alexleo:

Same thing am telling you. There's no need engaging in such a foolish act of reducing God's existence to a subject of argument. You as a human being is proof of his existence. You as an atheists is a confirmation of his word. Look my friend, the bible didnt tell us that the whole world must repent so if you choose not to believe God thats your business. If the whole world repents then the bible would ve been a lie. If there are no atheists or unbelievers in the world then the bible would be a lie. We have nothing to lose in your believe or unbelieve.

How are we to prove His existence? There is also proof we existed through other means....
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind:

Actually I had made up my mind to be quite tolerant b4 creating this thread. If u read my first post u'll notice that I was very nice, even encouraging.
To me it was going to be a test for christians on the sincere nature of their faith, not neccessarily atheists bashing and mocking christians.

But u guys totally killed urselves with ur lame excuses and vain curses.
U didn't only fail the test but went way below my expectations.

Anyway I don't think I should judge yet. There are still five days left.
Someone brave and believing enough might just pop up.
Keep expecting what is not meant for you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do not deserve any attention from Yahweh.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
alexleo:

Lol! U seem so angry. I thought u said u are too big for vain arguments.
Well why are u engaging in them?

U guys crack my ribs u know. Upon all ur boasting and flexing of fake muscles u still can't lift a finger.
Paralysed gorillas I say!
Paralysed gorillas!
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: Keep expecting what is not meant for you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do not deserve any attention from Yahweh.

Haba!shocked
Jesus died for me too nah.sad
I know my rights o.cheesy
Me I be bible scholar.wink
I deserve as much grace as u do o u faithless sheep.wink
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
Atheist:-D:

How are we proof of his existence? There is also proof we existed through other means....
Our very nature is proof of His existence. Look at your body and it's internal system, all systems working perfectly in harmony with one another and each system with it's own specified purpose. The heart always pumping blood, the artery carrying the blood to all parts of the body, the vein carrying blood towards the heart and the cycle continues. Infact all systems in our body proves that God exists, from the digestive,respiratory,reproductive,excretory,transport to the nervous system. Even the design of our brain shows that we were designed by an higher being. The design of the camera is based on the human eyes and yet you think that these eyes could have come by chance. Bottom line is that you and i were created by a supreme being, we couldn't have come by chance.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind:

Haba!shocked
Jesus died for me too nah.sad
I know my rights o.cheesy
Me I be bible scholar.wink
I deserve as much grace as u do o u faithless sheep.8-)
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever BELIEVES in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
You see where you got it all wrong? You have to believe in Him before you can expect anything from Him
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday:
You see where you got it all wrong? You have to believe in Him before you can expect anything from Him

Okay, I believe.
U happy now?
Do u agree to do it now?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by UyiIredia(m): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind: Don't u get it? Thats the point of the whole thing. To make unbelievers believe or vice versa.

In the contest on mount camel the people did not believe until the miracle was performed.
Ur god gave moses powers so the unbelieving pharoah and people would believe.
Even when Thomas doubted, he didn't just fall down and die, neither did he become blind. Instead ur bible says god revealed himself to him.

So what is my point? If u really and solely believe from the depth of ur heart that ur god is real, then do pray that before the first twelve days of december come to an end, he would have visited nairaland atheists.

Thanks!

The mighty miracles God performed didn't at all stop the Israelites from serving other gods. How much more atheists ? inurmind should be taking god for a fool by testing him. I ghave scoured many atheists sites and I'm very sure that some atheists could never be convinced of the reality of God's existence.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind:

Okay, I believe.
U happy now?
Do u agree to do it now?
Do you truly believe that God has a Son and He sent that same Son to die for mankind? Are you persuaded of the truth or existence of God and His Son, Jesus Christ? Or are you just saying you believe for the sake of it? If you do not "truly" believe, my prayer won't work for you.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
Aren't u guys tired of giving ''big for nothing'' excuses?

U are as faithless as u are pointless.
Uyi Iredia:

The mighty miracles God performed didn't at all stop the Israelites from serving other gods. How much more atheists ? inurmind should be taking god for a fool by testing him. I ghave scoured many atheists sites and I'm very sure that some atheists could never be convinced of the reality of God's existence.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: Do you truly believe that God has a Son and He sent that same Son to die for mankind? Are you persuaded of the truth or existence of God and His Son, Jesus Christ? Or are you just saying you believe for the sake of it? If you do not "truly" believe, my prayer won't work for you.

Haba!
Is it not believe u wanted me to say?
Why the follow-up questions?

If u are not ready then stop wasting space.
I'm really tired of going round circles with u.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: Our very nature is proof of His existence. Look at your body and it's internal system, all systems working perfectly in harmony with one another and each system with it's own specified purpose. The heart always pumping blood, the artery carrying the blood to all parts of the body, the vein carrying blood towards the heart and the cycle continues. Infact all systems in our body proves that God exists, from the digestive,respiratory,reproductive,excretory,transport to the nervous system. Even the design of our brain shows that we were designed by an higher being. The design of the camera is based on the human eyes and yet you think that these eyes could have come by chance. Bottom line is that you and i were created by a supreme being, we couldn't have come by chance.

Dont waste your precious time arguing God with them.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind: Aren't u guys tired of giving ''big for nothing'' excuses?

Well, I don't have to prove anything to you but I know that I do have faith in God and that He is capable of doing all things. God is not a magician, He doesn't just do anything for the sake of it for there is always a purpose for anything He does. I've learnt to ask for what is truly essential and not just babble, asking for unimportant and useless things. You seek to debunk the existence of God by asking people to pray that God should visit you when you know that you are not worthy to be in His glorious presence. Like I said before, you do not deserve the attention of Yahweh and asking Him to visit you would be unimportant and useless (and what did I say about unimportant things above?).
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by UyiIredia(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
inurmind: Aren't u guys tired of giving ''big for nothing'' excuses?

Excuse or fact. You are stup1d.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: Our very nature is proof of His existence. Look at your body and it's internal system, all systems working perfectly in harmony with one another and each system with it's own specified purpose. The heart always pumping blood, the artery carrying the blood to all parts of the body, the vein carrying blood towards the heart and the cycle continues. Infact all systems in our body proves that God exists, from the digestive,respiratory,reproductive,excretory,transport to the nervous system. Even the design of our brain shows that we were designed by an higher being. The design of the camera is based on the human eyes and yet you think that these eyes could have come by chance. Bottom line is that you and i were created by a supreme being, we couldn't have come by chance.

You are just repeating yourself. Nothing in our body indicates creation. Everything highlights the evolutionary aspect to our existence.

Proof is the fact that we are not unique. If we were created and all came from Adam, why are we so diverse? Why do we have genetic illnesses?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by UyiIredia(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2012

You are just repeating yourself. Nothing in our body indicates creation. Everything highlights the evolutionary aspect to our existence.

You are talking nonsense. Everything in our body screams intelligent design. The evolutionists talk of vestigial organs or junk DNA dies with new discoveries about the human body & DNA.

Proof is the fact that we are not unique. If we were created and all came from Adam, why are we so diverse? Why do we have genetic illnesses?

You are silly. How can you say humans aren't unique. Do you see animals building planes or cars or spacecraft to fly to the moon ? Do you know of animals with speech like ours ? or with the same diversity in language and culture ? We are diverse because were made by a Creator wonderfully diverse.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by truthislight: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

u have reasoned like a real atheist wt no true knowledge or understanding of d bible. May God forgive u.

Hmmm!

Guy, long time.

Where have you been?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You are talking nonsense. Everything in our body screams intelligent design. The evolutionists talk of vestigial organs or junk DNA dies with new discoveries about the human body & DNA.

You are silly. How can you say humans aren't unique. Do you see animals building planes or cars or spacecraft to fly to the moon ? Do you know of animals with speech like ours ? or with the same diversity in language and culture ? We are diverse because were made by a Creator wonderfully diverse.

What new discoveries? Vestigial organs have always been there. Other lifeforms have them too. Genetic illnesses are proof that there is no specific design. Inbreeding etc increases the chances of them. Diversity

We are unique. That I agree with. But so are other lifeforms. All lifeforns are unique. We have achieved a lot because we aee the most evolved but other lifeforms show different forns of intelligence. What about ants and their highly structured and organised societies. Dolphins communicate using ingenious methods. Some apes scan communicate with humabs and even perforn rudimentary tasks. One or two have been spotted using tools.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2012

What new discoveries? Vestigial organs have always been there. Other lifeforms have them too. Genetic illnesses are proof that there is no specific design. Inbreeding etc increases the chances of them. Diversity

We are unique. That I agree with. But so are other lifeforms. All lifeforns are unique. We have achieved a lot because we aee the most evolved but other lifeforms show different forns of intelligence. What about ants and their highly structured and organised societies. Dolphins communicate using ingenious methods. Some apes scan communicate with humabs and even perforn rudimentary tasks. One or two have been spotted using tools.

And you think all these lifeforms came by chance. So our purpose of existence is just to exist. Hmmmn........... That's good bad
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
*post edited*
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 08, 2012
alexleo:

Dont waste your precious time arguing God with them.

Funny, if u say I'm too small and unimportant for ur god, then why the heck do u keep revisiting my thread?
Sounds contradictory, doesn't it?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 08, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Excuse or fact. You are stup1d.

You know, I'm sure this is exactly how jesus would have replied me.
U sure are a model christiancheesy
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 08, 2012
Todaynatoday: Well, I don't have to prove anything to you but I know that I do have faith in God and that He is capable of doing all things. God is not a magician, He doesn't just do anything for the sake of it for there is always a purpose for anything He does. I've learnt to ask for what is truly essential and not just babble, asking for unimportant and useless things. You seek to debunk the existence of God by asking people to pray that God should visit you when you know that you are not worthy to be in His glorious presence. Like I said before, you do not deserve the attention of Yahweh and asking Him to visit you would be unimportant and useless (and what did I say about unimportant things above?).

How funny, I thought he was a god who cared about every soul so much that if one was won the whole heaven would rejoice.

Hmm, I guess that was trash talk after all.
Thanks for enlightening me @today, u have been a good christian effectively telling me that god is not so personal after all.

Now could u please leave my little self and unimportant thread, I need new, fresh, and ofcourse courageous faces.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 5:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Todaynatoday: And you think all these lifeforms came by chance. So our purpose of existence is just to exist. Hmmmn........... That's good bad

What is our purpose of existence? To serve God? To suffer on this earth in some sort of sadistic test.

Our purpose is defined by ourselves, our parents and our society.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 6:32am On Dec 08, 2012
inurmind:

Lol! U seem so angry. I thought u said u are too big for vain arguments.
Well why are u engaging in them?

U guys crack my ribs u know. Upon all ur boasting and flexing of fake muscles u still can't lift a finger.
Paralysed gorillas I say!
Paralysed gorillas!

I can see you dont read lines very well. I said God is too big to be reduced to subject of argument. Did i say am too big?
Again i made my points why i dont need to argue God with you. Where did i argue with you?
You said i sound angry. Why should i be angry? If you dont believe God i have NOTHING to lose so there's no basis for anger.
Finally feel free to call us more names we cant bow to your satanic tendencies. Jesus our master did not bow to satan even when he had the power to turn stones to bread as requested by satan. We cant bow. Look for more names to call us. Gorrilla is too mild a name. We will NEVER bow to satan. Period.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by alexleo(m): 6:40am On Dec 08, 2012
inurmind:

Funny, if u say I'm too small and unimportant for ur god, then why the heck do u keep revisiting my thread?
Sounds contradictory, doesn't it?

So why did you open the thread for christians. Open a thread for atheists and see if you ll find me there. And who says i shouldnt warn fellow christians not to engage in foolish argument.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2012
inurmind:

How funny, I thought he was a god who cared about every soul so much that if one was won the whole heaven would rejoice.
Yes, He truly cares about you and if you are willing to believe and accept Him, salvation will be granted unto you.
[s]Hmm, I guess that was trash talk after all.[/s]
Thanks for enlightening me @today, u have been a good christian effectively telling me that god is not so personal after all.
Being a good "christian" is not for you to give. There's only one who is good and that is God and He decides who truly are His sheep.

Accepting God and believing in Him is a personal choice, no one can force you to change your perception of God.

Now could u please leave my little self and unimportant thread, I need new, fresh, and ofcourse courageous faces.
I'll oblige to your request. But know this, you must truly believe in God if you are to have an encounter with Him. God is interested in those who earnestly seek Him.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2012
alexleo:

I can see you dont read lines very well. I said God is too big to be reduced to subject of argument. Did i say am too big?
Again i made my points why i dont need to argue God with you. Where did i argue with you?
You said i sound angry. Why should i be angry? If you dont believe God i have NOTHING to lose so there's no basis for anger.
Finally feel free to call us more names we cant bow to your satanic tendencies. Jesus our master did not bow to satan even when he had the power to turn stones to bread as requested by satan. We cant bow. Look for more names to call us. Gorrilla is too mild a name. We will NEVER bow to satan. Period.

lol!
Why the temper dude?
I can see the veins on ur skull from here.
And it surprises me since u have all u have been doing ever since was boast.
Its only someone who knew he really had nothing to boast of that would get this fustrated.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2012
alexleo:

So why did you open the thread for christians. Open a thread for atheists and see if you ll find me there. And who says i shouldnt warn fellow christians not to engage in foolish argument.

Point of correction, I created the thread for christians who actually had faith in their god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10hrs Of Praying In Tongues / 22 Powerful Prayer Points From The Holy Mouth Of Jesus Christ / Raising Up Godly Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.