Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas (8007 Views)

How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site / Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by OsunIfe: 1:29am On Dec 01, 2012
Fri, 30/11/2012

The Osun Government is to begin the conversion of human and animal wastes to industrial powder for cooking as part of its industrial package for 2013.

Mr Bola Ilori, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Environment and Sanitation, said this at Gov. Rauf Aregbesola’s second anniversary press conference on Friday in Osogbo.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the plan was to reduce carbon dioxide emission as a way of lessening the impact of climate change.

Ilori said the Ministry of Environment and Sanitation had already conducted research and discovered that the technology for the industry was locally available.

Specifically, he said, the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, could provide the needed technology such that cooking gas would be extracted from the waste matter.

According to him, for effectiveness and efficiency, the state government had already inaugurated both the technical and enforcement committees to work out the modalities.

Prof. Olubukola Oyawoye, the commissioner in the ministry, stressed the indispensability of the environment to human existence.

According to the commissioner, the growing population and its demand for convenient lifestyle has led to environmental pollution, all forms of degradation and diseases.

``This in turn causes shortages of food, potable or clean water, materials for shelter and other essential resources that would normally make life comfortable.”

Oyawoye said the state was set to curtail environmental ills such as flooding, erosion, water and air pollution, soil degradation and rainstorms.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=76020

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by OsunIfe: 1:29am On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 01, 2012
Let me see....
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by PaulJohn1: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2012
Osun A Dara!!!
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by excondido(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
na wash.....there are more vaible projects begging for attention yet they came up with this cheap stunt as diversion from the obvious decay. smh
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by GARRIx7(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
[size=18pt]O-SH1T[/size]
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by ypzilanti: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):
[size=18pt]O-SH1T[/size]
grin grin grin

O-sh1t grin grin grin grin grin grin

They better process that sh1t well well.

Papa Nkechi: What is that awful sh1tty smell coming from the kitchen.

Mama Nkechi: We are using O-sh1t gas to cook jollof rice, my dear.

9 Likes

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
The Only great news in Nigeria are always coming from South-west.

Why?

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by kunletech: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
na today?
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Syfy(f): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hmmm, something is smelling.
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by IlekeIdI2: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Its a normal thing now, this is what I wanted to do for my project before I changed my mind, biogas. That's what its called.

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Itoroetti(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The Only great news in Nigeria are always coming from South-west.

Why?
which great news?is d awarding of road construction in d entire south west to tinubu?is it d fake certificate tinubu obtained from non-existence toronto university?which great news?apart from lagos,which other SOUTH WESTERN state is making any impact?
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Standing5(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI.:
Its a normal thing now, this is what I wanted to do for my project before I changed my mind, biogas. That's what its called.
O-Biogas it is on the way to some O-meal.
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by billyG(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Yoruba feefle call it Igbe' grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
no tyme.....carry on
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by iamswizz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
how do i deposit mine??
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by stupor(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
GOd forbid ! Animal and human waste keh !

Ok I guess meant for cOòking things like Suya,public puffpuff,bònli,epa,rôasted yam and corn,and not fOr delicious pounded yam and Egusi sOup !

Hahahahaha just kidding ! Nice creative innóvatiôn.

OYES ! Osun state is really working !

Newest trailblazers !

Inpinle Omóluabi ni mere o !

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Archmed(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
For Sale!!
1kg of sh*t.....5k
2kg.................15k
10kg................40k..December Bonanza!!
Hurry now while stock last!
Terms and conditions apply

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Iaz93: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The Only great news in Nigeria are always coming from South-west.

Why?
ask gOOgle
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by IlekeIdI2: 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
Its not a new thing, they have been using it in india for long time.. Its nasty sha, and not so much efficient..
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2012
Itoroetti :

which great news?is d awarding of road construction in d entire south west to tinubu?is it d fake certificate tinubu obtained from non-existence toronto university?which great news?apart from lagos,which other SOUTH WESTERN state is making any impact?

How is this thread related to Tinubu?

Inferiority complex is your problem always looking for something to blame.

Dwarf Brain
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by younglad007(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ok,nice
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by younglad007(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ok,9ice
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by omenziate(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Methanogens and anaerobic respiration . He should contact Prof Olu Odeyemi in Ife, he is an authority in dat area. Went to his farm in ilesha and I was stunned, he uses d same biogas production method with the aid of methanogens. Though it could be shitty and one has to deal with d putrid smell at times.

1 Like

Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dis one na opportunity for osun people to dey defecate for public o. Well if u know dat u don't pay tax in osun state dis an opportunity to use ur shitt pay o. Govt is working pls citizens defecate here as ur bolus is highly needed for cooking gas. Watch out for thyphoid outbreak dia as made in osun shitts defies detoxification and refining processes. Up osun shitts
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Clemzy16(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hmmm.. Igbe to gbonò fèli féli
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Tolexander: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
That is to say ' won fe lo igbe wa ni ipinle osun'
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Zico0(m): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dos shotput and throw the shiit at thread
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Zico0(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Dos shotput and throw the shiit at thread
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2012
Nice one, more innovative ideas need to come to the fore,and to be implemented in Nigeria.

with this more local folks may have access to clean environmental friendly, and quick cooking fuel.
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by PosCaricature: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
'Shitting' gas can be very dangerous when inhaled in the kitchen. My thought! grin
Re: Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas by Mowire: 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
The cooking gas (methane) will be by-product of anaerobic digestion of organic matter (human & animal waste in this case, your leftover akpu, amala, eba, etc can thrown the mix too). The public will not even know the source of the gas cos it shouldn't smell any different from LPG.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines / Igbo: A Recognized Ethnic Group In Rivers State, Says RVSG / New Projects To Add 819mw Of Clean Power To National Grid By 2019 – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.