Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,429 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? (9384 Views)

How To Motivate Yourself To Study / 48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by ignis: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
ahika: Mingle with friends who like reading a lot, and you will be motivated
Best contribution so far.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by homiben(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
had same problem while in sch... Usually, i wait until i fail a test and lik a mad fire i get motivated to study, just lik tha... Just sacrific 1 paper, dat wud b all d motivatn u nid!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by kokoye(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
ahika: Mingle with friends who like reading a lot, and you will be motivated

depends on what they are reading....Pacesetters, linda ikeji...or chemistry?

Not much motivation is needed to read the first two.

sorry...
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by lif2uz(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Determination is the key, if you determine to excel in your studies then nothing stops you from READING your books.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by trolling(m): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
if yr studies dont fascinate and intrigue you, you wont have the desire for it....much studying wears the mind down.....i would say fast from it then the hunger or desire would come again
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by maclatunji: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
I just focus on the prize at the end of the exam and that motivates me. I am naturally a lazy student but I can step-up the intensity when I am really motivated. I need to write exams, I haven't written any in quite a while.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by femijck(m): 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Why not leave ur comfort zone til afta d exam and make sure u dnt charge ur fone battery full if at all u nid to go wif it.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by trolling(m): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
i remember when i was in school, I didnt have the desire for my course, i just read sometimes when it was time for exams but before exams na flenjor i dey flenjor
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by prinxard(m): 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Stop watching por.n, stop m.asturbating, tell ur shagg mate to get the fu'k behind u, don't talk about other peopls problems, talk only when necessary. Have ur mind set on what u wana become in the future, read inspirational quotes, have set out goals..and the most important one of'em all.DISCIPLINE AND CONSISTENCY...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by lif2uz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
cooltony09: You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..

changing of school will not motivate her without the intrinsic determination to excel academically, determination is a drive that will motivates her; shikena!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Astronott(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
indoorlove: Read this book: the power of ur subconscious mind written by Harry W. Carpenter, and thank me later
that book is written by Joseph Murphy. There are other books on similar topics.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
Great
ideas here. Didnt know d thread had been reopened again. The exams has
been over 2wks now, bt contributions here are so valuable I'm sure they
would be of immense help to others in future. Fnxx

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by ZeusI: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
preshuzpearl: I started this exam last weekend and that first one was okay though i stressed myself out a bit. The second stage comes up next weekend and i havent covered the four courses I'm going to write. Problem is, i do not have any drive or motivation to read angry All day, i run around d house, cooking, watching tv and my mind keeps telling me 'you know you're supposed to be doing something else,...., 'go and read, 'u should be reading' but i cant just get to hold that book for an hour and concentrate.
Pls i need advice on what to do. Does this happen normally?if it does, what can one do to restore the ethusiasm
Envision what you would be the next thirty years; whether an unemployed-complaining Nigerian or Esteemed member of board of directors in any organisation of your course-study, and let it be the reactor/ instigator to read or not to. We decide our future by our every step. Good Luck!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by ZeusI: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
preshuzpearl: I started this exam last weekend and that first one was okay though i stressed myself out a bit. The second stage comes up next weekend and i havent covered the four courses I'm going to write. Problem is, i do not have any drive or motivation to read angry All day, i run around d house, cooking, watching tv and my mind keeps telling me 'you know you're supposed to be doing something else,...., 'go and read, 'u should be reading' but i cant just get to hold that book for an hour and concentrate.
Pls i need advice on what to do. Does this happen normally?if it does, what can one do to restore the ethusiasm
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Usminous: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
firestar: If you're into classical music, play orchestra for a few minutes....

Preferably no lyrical content. Just instrumentals. cool
just like me i do listen to Jazz music when i am reading so that i won't feel bored and feel like sleeping...
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Astronott(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
sometimes, when you have at the back of your mind that people are watching you for failure, you can be motivated to work even harder. That way, you will give your best effort unconsciously.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by 735i(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
I write down the names of the places I'm targeting to work at and paste them on the wall facing me presently...I have Goldman Sachs and BCG on on the list..Heineken NL is also on the list...so when I get tired; I look up at the list...and get down to my books again...
I must enter one of these coys nxt year oh...dis exam must yield to my push...
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by kpolli(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
Remind urself how much it cost. . . . works for me grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by delors(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
indoorlove: Read this book: the power of ur subconscious mind written by Harry W. Carpenter, and thank me later
You want her to read this before the exams when she never even read her core course? Bros, I bow to u o... cheesy
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Pennywise(m): 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
All these advise is good but none is going to work bc OP knows she can always 'block' if she fails. How then can she concentrate?

Its standard practice these days for students to set aside 'block money' while preparing for exam. Am sure OP has done that.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by delors(m): 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2012

I had the same feeling last week before my papers too...the best thing to do is to leave ur room or ur house and probably check out the school library where there is a bit of distraction...when u see people reading, u'd probably be motivated and it wouldnt be u alone in u room...a very convenient room isnt so ideal for studying trust me. Mingle with study groups and change ur study pattern a bit just to restore the drive to study...it works always. Goodluck in ur exams. Cheers
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by yme1(f): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
1) I feel bad when my friends are studying and I am not. that motivates me to study
2) I love challenging educated people, the only way to achieve that is to study
3) I love watching intelligent movies/series and when a character in the movie is damn intelligent, I aspire to be like that hence the motivation to study comes in (weird abi grin)
4) when my friend calls me a scholar (which i am clearly not cheesy)i get motivated to study cheesy
5) when I am being a lazy bum and I update on BBM i am finding it difficult to study, I get pings on how hardworking I am and that in a way gives me the motivation to study because I know people believe in me
6) The fact I feel I am career oriented also motivates me to study

P.S. No matter what, there are times when you don't feel like studying, don't push it because in many occassions you will achieve nothing from studying unwillingly, just relax and set a time for yourself to study and make sure you keep to it smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
The fear of failing should be a good motivation. It ensured I never had a carry over course while in delsu.

Have a few nerdy friends that hardly discuss anything other than academic work. You will start reading if you want to be a participant in their discussion.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by hrykanu231(m): 11:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
I just fink of my mum and the "faith" she has in me, the urge 2 surpass ma previous records drives me even more.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Mexyz(m): 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Well gal u ve gotn all d replies u need to motivate u,bt dnt 4get to THINK too,cos our problm as Africans is dat we do too much of reading nd less thinking.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by DonTim1: 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
Austinobisnr: help me tell am ooo... Great ife home of jackinchans

Ever heard of FPA ekiti ? D path to class is always like a market during my time thr n u get to have names that r prefixed by "iwe" - book. I miss that period.

@op, u dnt av to "read" too long to feel u r "studying" divide ur studies,one at a time n make sure u knw d little studied dan the much read.

Another method dat worked for me,tink of ur folks,dat gurl u nid to impress (pun intended) ,dat goal u nid to achieve,dat person u want to be,den tink abt not making it come tru n u will grab u books fast.

Gosh! I hate n can't even study for too long! N I dnt do music nor chew food/snack not even gum! While studying.

Its total concentration.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by j4jj: 12:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Like I did my parents were supportive though, u can never stay @ home nd read for exams lailai cos there are several distractions at home TV, families, domestics even bed etc. The best advise for you is to wake up early in d mornin do d little domestics u can do! Don't get urself tensed up! Den dash off to the nearest Library! I wish u success
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by lafuria1(m): 2:30am On Dec 20, 2012
y me: 1) I feel bad when my friends are studying and I am not. that motivates me to study
2) I love challenging educated people, the only way to achieve that is to study
3) I love watching intelligent movies/series and when a character in the movie is damn intelligent, I aspire to be like that hence the motivation to study comes in (weird abi grin)
4) when my friend calls me a scholar (which i am clearly not cheesy)i get motivated to study cheesy
5) when I am being a lazy bum and I update on BBM i am finding it difficult to study, I get pings on how hardworking I am and that in a way gives me the motivation to study because I know people believe in me
6) The fact I feel I am career oriented also motivates me to study

P.S. No matter what, there are times when you don't feel like studying, don't push it because in many occassions you will achieve nothing from studying unwillingly, just relax and set a time for yourself to study and make sure you keep to it smiley
no 3. not realy weird, same here. u then must be watching ELEMENTARY tv series
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Idolys(m): 3:56am On Dec 20, 2012
If u really want get all time motivation,just come to ADSU where jakiechans hardly survive.
Proudly Adsuite!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 20, 2012
Idolys: If u really want get all time motivation,just come to ADSU where jakiechans hardly survive.
Proudly Adsuite!

Which mushroom university is ADSU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Admission: Ijmb (a Level) As The Best Alternative To Jamb / Top 5 Best JAMB CBT App/software / Ondo State School Of Health, Akure : Past Entrance Examination Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.