Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? (19561 Views)

Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram / Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? / Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by vizion: 5:34am On Dec 04, 2012
even if it is not in the bible, respect and etiquette demands a man removes his head cover when indoors. so if you don't want to do it for God, do it for the man beside you

P.S.
the bible cannot contain all the custom, rules, regulations, and law that a christian should follow, christian tradition covers the rest.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by queenbinteo: 6:00am On Dec 04, 2012
Talk of spiritual covering.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Ezeufi: 6:24am On Dec 04, 2012
Okija_juju: So that their cap will not fall when they are dancing....

grin grin grin I thought they were meant to give in such a way that the right hand shouldn't know what the left hand has done grin grin grin

Nevertheles, this church is awesome, and I would pay to go and watch this happening every sunday grin even though Im not a lost sheep of anyone
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by doofanc: 6:35am On Dec 04, 2012
vizion: even if it is not in the bible, respect and etiquette demands a man removes his head cover when indoors. so if you don't want to do it for God, do it for the man beside you

P.S.
the bible cannot contain all the custom, rules, regulations, and law that a christian should follow, christian tradition covers the rest.

Really? Christian tradition not found in the Bible? Then what makes it Christian?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by davades(m): 6:49am On Dec 04, 2012
I love †ЂΞ verse 3 so much :
Ladies shey una dey see ?

3 But I want you to know and realize
that Christ is the Head of every man,
the head of a woman is her husband,
and the Head of Christ is God.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by doofanc: 6:53am On Dec 04, 2012
Cherechy: From what I understand from that chapter, only women who have shaved their heads should cover it while praying, for it is shameful. It says that the glory of a woman is in her hair and it has been given to her as a covering.
That's d part I'm interested in, sorry for diverting the thread. So pentecostals that go to church with their hair uncovered are actually right. I cover my hair to church because of the doctrine of my church and not because its biblical. Shikena

In biblical times, women of questionable character were punished by having their hair shaved off. It was seen as a big embarrassment to them. Now given habit of the Corinth church of taking some things to the extreme, it appears some of the women began to shave off their hair just for the fun of it and refusing to cover their head. Paul most likely found this unacceptable especially if the woman is married, hence his admonition. Its however notewothry he was stating his personal opinion on the matter, and he made this very clear.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Joagbaje(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2012
chukwudi44:

Oga joagbaje don come againoo wetin pesin no go see for nl.Do you really mean to tell me that men are no longer inferior to God? This sheer heresy of the worst proportion.

In christ I am no longer inferior to God. I have his divine nature . His righteousness and his life.

John 17:22-23
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by thorpido(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2012
all4naija: Yes! Islam is a religion of Hypocrites. I am Atheist. You are just being myopic to think I am Muslim.
Your case pass myopia.U are in total blindness and darkness!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by ijawkid(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

In christ I am no longer inferior to God. I have his divine nature . His righteousness and his life.

]

Oboy abi something dey worry your head of recent??......

You are no longer inferior to GOD??....who are you??....

Even JESUS is inferior to GOD more or else "DUST" like you.....

Oboy take time oo............
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by MrAnony1(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

John 17:22-23
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
BLASPHEMY!!!! How dare You??

Go and get born again now! Repent immediately!
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by MrAnony1(m): 11:38am On Dec 04, 2012
dabrake:
It says head and not hair. I believe the 'head' word has another meaning
Lol, ok o. I hear you.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Passerby2(f): 11:59am On Dec 04, 2012
Christ is the head of the husband as the husband is the head of the wife... Its d word of God and sometimes d help of d Holy Spirit is needed to understand wat it really means.... Christ is a perfect God and the man doesn't need to cover him up. He wants d man to show him to the world without fear of vices.... But d woman ought to cover her man cos he's only human...and he's subject to vices...so u're to help him be a better man while shieldin his vices from d world.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by mko2005: 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
2nedo: I can remember last time d pope visited naija d bembe cap waz on his head while praying.hin no c am 4 bible?i wonder how some things are done at times.
E dey for bible,may be d pope read or study am but him no understand am like that ! E depends on the spirit wey dey with you as at the time wey you dey read or study the bible !
God bless us
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by mko2005: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
vizion: even if it is not in the bible, respect and etiquette demands a man removes his head cover when indoors. so if you don't want to do it for God, do it for the man beside you

P.S.
Study your bible critically with the help of the holy spirit you will find all the so called christian traditions inherent.But if you can't find it even with the help of the holy spirit,then there is no such thing as christian tradition but the tradition of men who claim they are christians. Everything is in the bible ! Just ask the holy spirit to help you !
God bless us
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by mko2005: 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
doofanc:

Really? Christian tradition not found in the Bible? Then what makes it Christian?
Love this question ! If it's not scriptural,
then it is not christian !
God bless us
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by vizion: 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
doofanc:

The bible and the the Church (Christianity), which is older?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: This thread is already on the front page, Lord! Okay, where is Image123 to discuss this subject since KJV had contributed so much to your confusion, grin......I hope am not bullying this time, shocked
What is this nonsense, goshen? i just saw it today. You have issues with the kjv, go to King James' grave and deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Image123:
What is this nonsense, goshen? i just saw it today. You have issues with the kjv, go to King James' grave and deal with it.

Bros cool down o. Na because you said "the bible say so" na.....I called you to come explain. grin
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Bros cool down o. Na because you said "the bible say so" na.....I called you to come explain. grin
you sounded particular on some issues you have/had with the kjv. the answers have already been given on this thread, let him that have ears hear.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
^^^ Nooooo brother. I have no issue at all with Kjv. You know from my previous post that it's my favourite and will remain. But there shouldn't be monopoly of translations to believers. There was a kweshion on my mind at the time of the thread, do you mind if I still ask now or we forget about it?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ Nooooo brother. I have no issue at all with Kjv. You know from my previous post that it's my favourite and will remain. But there shouldn't be monopoly of translations to believers. There was a kweshion on my mind at the time of the thread, do you mind if I still ask now or we forget about it?
as you please.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
^^^ When a man is NOT praying or prophesying in church gathering, if he wears a cap.....is it against the scripture
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ When a man is NOT praying or prophesying in church gathering, if he wears a cap.....is it against the scripture
i would answer your question, but please answer. When a man is praying or prophesying in church gathering, if he wears a cap.....is it against the scripture ?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ahhhh, my brother don start dey play wayo o..... shocked. When you start this kind wayo naw.... grin Abeg answer my kweshion first joor.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
Image123:
i would answer your question, but please answer. When a man is praying or prophesying in church gathering, if he wears a cap.....is it against the scripture ?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by anukulapo: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Image123:
i would answer your question, but please answer. When a man is praying or prophesying in church gathering, if he wears a cap.....is it a
Against the scripture ?

Yeah goshen,I think this mirrowed question by image123 is worth pondering upon.
I choose to believe(note that it is my own opinion) many men (even the liberty professing pentecostals) subconsciously have issues with the "head" "hair" "covering" thing from 1 Cor if not, as they say their ladies are free to use no scarf/hat, they also should be free to put on caps and hats but they rarely do if not never sef.

Waiting to see the "big big" pastors and bishops dem from Christ Embassy,Living faith,COZA,C3, and from even your own church(you NLder that says bible no talk am). Let's see them on TV and let them choose to do so regularly to church if their conscience really is clear to what they profess.

They just can't stand for the doctrine nor able to convince women since they see "no covering" as liberty so they chose to say it is.

It is happening already---2 Tim 4:3 and 2 Pet 2:19(in any bible translation you like)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by blessmatics: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2012
[quote author=pheyiechemie][/quote] so where does that leave d unmarried?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by blessmatics: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2012
Luv dat
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by mooregan(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
This might not make sense shaa, but na Apostle PAUL write am o, and I think he wrote according to de traditions at that time.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by aribisala0(m): 9:27am On Apr 25, 2022
Do Jews cover their heads?
Did Jesus cover his head?
The simple answer is yes. They wear a Yarmulke
So why was this rule changed?
Simple European custom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful / Photos From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s 51st Birthday Party / Pope Francis Relative Killed In A Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.