Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign (7270 Views)

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / IYC Rejects Reps Decision On PIB / Jonathan To Spend N6.5bn On State House Operations In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
Instead of wasting such a huge amount of money on a project that its execution can be carried out by other cheaper means, why not invest it on something that will touch the life of an ordinary Nigerian, like re-construction of damaged federal roads
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by kutchs: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
But just where did the minister say 6.2b will be used for publicity?
Sensational headline but lacking in substance.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by lacasa: 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2012
Una still neva See anything i swear grin

1 and a half years to go grin

FRESH AIR!!!
gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Ozonna(m): 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
kutchs: But just where did the minister say 6.2b will be used for publicity?

I tire!!! I wonder if guys actually took out time to read the whole news
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by takedat(m): 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
kutchs: But just where did the minister say 6.2b will be used for publicity?
Guy kindly read through to get a full grasp of the minister's request.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-spend-n6-2bn-on-petroleum-bill-publicity/

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by bigpastor(m): 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Abeg bring the money make I do the awareness for for una
No be petroleum wey every body don already sabi.
Na small work na

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by hamsky: 12:17am On Dec 04, 2012
I hate this country!
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Dkaz(m): 12:25am On Dec 04, 2012
na wa o
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by HighChief4(m): 12:28am On Dec 04, 2012
The painful part is that these thieves are BORROWING TO STEAL.

It is obvious that our leaders have fallen out of love with our beloved country, hence they are ra.ping her ruthlessly

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by 1forall: 12:31am On Dec 04, 2012
Naija people, we neva tire to dey try to analyse, criticize, rationalize, pray, curse, shout, vex, laugh, throway face, beg, complain, siddon look?

All the above have not worked and it's now time to act. Do we honestly think the nonsense is just gonna stop one day? Isn't it obviously getting worse? They are stone deaf and are not going to listen to reason, violence is the only language that would catch the attention of these robbers-in-power.
Abi if armed robber enter your house dey rob you freely dey go, u tink say e go hear if you nicely advise am honestly say: "Oga armu robber, eh, stealing is not good oh"?

But if you get gun for house u no go shoot am?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by taharqa: 1:23am On Dec 04, 2012
take dat: Guy kindly read through to get a full grasp of the minister's request.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-spend-n6-2bn-on-petroleum-bill-publicity/
Okay read dis article. It is still same of same- there was no where the minister was quoted as saying that, nor was there any explanation as to what 'publicity' or 'awareness' means as well as details of d expenditure unda d heading. The article for instance says that #17.3million was appropiately dis yr for 'awareness' (even if also admitting that it cud not provide implementatn details), yet #6.02billion is said to be usd for same 'awareness' for the bill! This doesnt make any sense. How can u use #17m to 'publicize' a bill in d main yr of lobbying for passage of a bill while still proposing to use over #6billion for the nx 3yrs to furda 'publicize' a bill that wud already hv bn passd by then. What wud u be 'publicizing' again about an already passd law? The story does not mk any sense, except if most of d #6.02 is actuali meant for the IMPLEMENTATION of d considerable changes that wud hv to be made in d entire oil and gas industry if d PIB bill is finally passd. To be sure of this, we wud hv to read a direct quote of d minister saying that they plan to use #6.2billion for the 'publicity' of d PIB bill AND we wud also hv to hv d expenditure Details of this 'publicity' budget heading in order to undastad what it is..... But if it turns out to be true ehnn, then..
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by 2pence(m): 1:30am On Dec 04, 2012
Government agencies are no longer scared again, Billion has become the new million.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by HarvardGrad: 1:47am On Dec 04, 2012
All this when some indigent students are struggling to pay school fees, many are looking for how to raise the necessary funds to buy their next cup of garri and many more are languishing in poverty?shocked

I don tire sef, I just hope this is all propaganda by the 'perceived enemies' of the state,but then no rebutal has been published since the story first broke.
Walahi if Nigerian government na my mama pikin, she go don flog am die. smh
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 04, 2012
Viewers:

Y'all should come to the romance section and vote abiL and ItsModella as Miss NL 2012/2013. Na beg I dey beg my ppl!! Vote on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1121321/miss-nairaland-elimination-round-1/12#13226129

Profile pics:

https://www.nairaland.com/abil
https://www.nairaland.com/itsmodella
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by ba7man(m): 3:11am On Dec 04, 2012
These people should be lined up and shot to death.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 04, 2012
ba7man: These people should be lined up and shot to death.
vote my candidates now wink
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by tarryT(m): 4:09am On Dec 04, 2012
NL...the home of saddist and "badbelly" people... Have read the articles several time and cant find where the minister said that she will use that amount.. What is wrong with Punch? Anyway, ur usual "bad news" meal is served, come and feast..bad belly people.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by kunlekunle: 5:16am On Dec 04, 2012
na trainee presido
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by corruptst(m): 6:19am On Dec 04, 2012
S , what r U?? going do about it? Nothing. Case closed!
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by gregg2: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2012
Naija journalists are dumb.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by AdoredLydkim2: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2012
What kind of 'awareness campaign' is this? Is this HIV AIDs campaign? How long shall the Federal Government make a fool of itself before us? One is for sure; there is no hiding for them and their offspring. Soonest, scores shall be settled... Watch out!
CFCfan: THE Federal Government is to spend N6.2 billion on an awareness campaign for the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB).

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dieziani Alison-Madueke, disclosed this to the National Assembly's Joint Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Petroleum Resources (Upstream) and Gas, at the 2013 budget defence Thursday.

The minister also disclosed that out of the N2.2 billion allocated to the ministry in the 2012 capital appropriation, only N820 million representing about 41 per cent had so far been released. She added that of the released figure, N759 million, representing 93 per cent had been utilised.

Reacting to the issue of low budgetary implementation in the 2012 appropriation, the Emmanuel Paulkar-led Committee flayed the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for the executive's reluctance to release money for the efficient execution of the budget.

Stressing that releasing only 41 per cent of the budget only a month to the end of the fiscal year was unacceptable. The committee expressed worry that even the ministry responsible for revenue generation for the country could suffer a similar fate as other sectors of the economy. This was irrespective of the fact that oil sold far above the benchmark in the 2012 budget.

"Your ministry generates revenue for the country; it is surprising that your appropriation was not fully released. Same thing applied to all sectors of the economy in the 2012 budget in spite of the fact that oil benchmark has been below sale price," he said.

However, while some members of the committee blamed the minister for the overall low implementation of the budget, others attempted to exonerate her on the grounds that the poor release of the budget was the hallmark of the 2012 fiscal year.

"The problem is from the Ministry of Finance. I don't think it is wise holding Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) responsible for low performance since money was not released to them."

Thus, a question put forward by a member of the committee from the House of Representatives on the likely sanctions for low performance of subsequent budgets was over-ruled by the Chairman of the joint committee, Emmanuel Paulkar.

Despite the shortfall in the budget released, the minister said she had succeeded in reducing oil theft from 150,000 barrels to 100,000 a day, gas flaring from 63 per cent to 21 per cent as well as improved gas supply to the electricity sector, which has resulted in an improved power supply.

Meanwhile, the Senate has suspended plenary sitting till December 11 to allow committees complete their works on the appropriation. Before the adjournment, a Conference Report on the Money Laundering Act 2011 (Amendment Bill 2012) was adopted.

The Senate and the House of Representatives had earlier passed the Money Laundering Act on October 17 and October 9, in that order with differences and consequently set up a committee to harmonise the differences.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/nov/30/18.html
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by ITbomb(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2012
taharqa: Now assuming this #6.2billion is actuali to be usd for publicity (whateva dat means), then it is both wasteful and stu.pid. Howeva, i seriously doubt it; and what to see d Minister being directly quoted as saying it, and also importantly wud want to see the breakdown of the proposd Budgetary spending. Since Oct, many Nigerian newspapers reportd that the Presidency was going to use #1.3billion to feed itself cos they saw d sum as d amount proposd under the heading 'food, entertainment and other expenses' when the actual amount meant for food and entertainment for thousands of ppl (villa residents and guests) was #203million when the details of d that budgetary heading was releasd. Moreova, only #17million was approvd for publicity dis yr from d article, so it hard to bliv dat #6.2billion wud be usd for 5 yrs when only #17m was appropiatd in d main yr of lobbying for the bill..... Lets find out the details sha, and if it is true that #6billion was actuali proposd just for publicity (again, what d heell does dis mean), then it is most wasteful and shld not be approvd by d NA, period
So we still get people for Naija wey dey read book.
#HOPEISNOTLOST

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Why are you people stil readina about Nigeria. This country is such a BAD NEWS
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by koolg: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2012
Give me 200k and the whole world will be aware of the bill. I guess everyone here feels me
Barawo government

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by pipeewa(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2012
O God of creation direct our noble course.
Guide our leaders right, help our youth the truth to know................. Great lofty heights attain to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign. That is my prayers for Nigeria on hearing this news today. Sobs. If only they know......
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by greaterlove(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2012
taharqa: Now assuming this #6.2billion is actuali to be usd for publicity (whateva dat means), then it is both wasteful and stu.pid. Howeva, i seriously doubt it; and what to see d Minister being directly quoted as saying it, and also importantly wud want to see the breakdown of the proposd Budgetary spending. Since Oct, many Nigerian newspapers reportd that the Presidency was going to use #1.3billion to feed itself cos they saw d sum as d amount proposd under the heading 'food, entertainment and other expenses' when the actual amount meant for food and entertainment for thousands of ppl (villa residents and guests) was #203million when the details of d that budgetary heading was releasd. Moreova, only #17million was approvd for publicity dis yr from d article, so it hard to bliv dat #6.2billion wud be usd for 5 yrs when only #17m was appropiatd in d main yr of lobbying for the bill..... Lets find out the details sha, and if it is true that #6billion was actuali proposd just for publicity (again, what d heell does dis mean), then it is most wasteful and shld not be approvd by d NA, period
I agree with you, we shouldn't be too quick to criticize yet until we get all the details. The oil buisness is a global thing that I know, if in the budget she is also proposing to take the awareness to countries we do buisness with then we need to know. I believe this is why we have the press and why the FOI is in place, the press should not be waiting for a presidential media chat to ask questions and get clarification, they owe us the people to give us details when we need it.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Nafizzey(m): 8:22am On Dec 04, 2012
chuquiz: You all wanted "fresh Air" , dont complain my fellow 9ja people, receive 02, receive!! cheesy
i dont see any policy making an impact on Nigerians, only the negative ones are immediately felt, all na fresh air join,lol
fresh Air indeed.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by jidemojola(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Someone should stop these govt officials from ruining this country.What awareness does NNPC wants to create wt 6.2bn in 5yrs?what is d duty of the Nigeria orientation agency and other govt's prints and electronic medium?Enough of these stupid waste,ha!Do u knw what 6.2bn will do to d lifes of 160million people.This govt does not give a damn about d welfare of its people.its so sad.
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by bknight: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2012
Ozonna:
...I wonder, I just wonder (In Olu Jacobs voice)

Vintage! cheesy

Ozonna: I wonder how most guys that commented missed ur points here. However, What really caught my attention was what might have been the reason behind NOI refusal to release @ least 60% of budgeted funds of the Min Of Petrol...

You might need a third eye to see... grin cool
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by buJu234: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
am not surprised ; she is the next in command of corruption after GEJ
Re: FG To Spend N6.2bn On PIB Awareness Campaign by Navalsadiq(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
6.2 billion ke na.see as them they share public fund.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unremitted N450bn: EFCC To Grill Jonathan’s Ex-ministers, Perm Secs / Zonal Congresses: PDP Seeks To Dislodge APC, Return To Power In 2023 / Osinbajo Asks UN Security Council To Help Rid Nigeria, Others Of Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.