Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Do You Love America? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do You Love America? (13840 Views)

Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel / What Do You Love About Some Places And States In Nigeria? / Where Would You Love to Have Your Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Tiwanna(f): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2012
Leripa:

grin grin off topic comments are witnessed in almost all topics. may God help us my sister.

no be small tin.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
Tiwanna: i think say this thread na 4 why we love america and not why we hate it? hmmm
@leripa change the name of the thread.

so the people who don't love America don't have a say in it? By the way, I personally never said that I hated America, I just said I thought they have very bad politicians who started war for stupid reasons.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Tiwanna(f): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
well to me, i think they should open another thread for that.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
jennykadry:

Like the killing in Connecticut trending now?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

Honestly , it is becoming a national disgrace, they need to do something on this gun violence fast.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
I think what miss-sweety86 was trying to explain is how bad the US has contributed negatively to some countries without the consent of the countries. You could imagin on reaching her explanation, another breaking news came in how a gunman who opened fire on shoppers at a Portland mall in the same US, which means miss-sweety86 has already written on the wall. grin . To me, i'll agree to a point from her points. US is so dangerous when it comes to intervention if a country is having problem on their own. Its non of US's business. Look at how they destroyed Iraq, etc... I'm sure if Nigeria is one of the countries the US has ever destroy, no one will disagree with miss-sweety86's point about the fact only in terms of the US claiming to enter your country to settle fight whereas they are only there to steal from you and cause lot of Gobe plus Wahala there.... wink

Secondly, about the SWITZERLAND, i will agree with Justwise.. Switzerland returns $700m Abacha’s loot to FG, but the question is 'AFTER HOW MANY YEARS'? Why now? Why not before now? The Switzerland Gov should be questioned why the return of the $700m now after how many years? Why not immediately after Abacha's death? even though the money would definately be more than that. 'thief wey dey collect money from thief'

If you're not a criminal, why are you accepting dirty & unclean money from criminals?
Various categories of persons including Popes, presidents, prime ministers, corrupt dictators, wealthy business men, and drug dealers have all used and benefited from the banking secrecy laws of Switzerland. As a result her economy has been described as an underground economy, a deposit box for dirty money and a “dirt-driven economy”. So what are we saying? THIEF IS A THIEF. You don't care where the money was coming from, buy you care in accepting the money and using the money for businesses for your own interests. Why must it be like that?

The way the UK Gov contacted the Nigeria Gov when they discover that our governors stealing our money to their country and prosecute them, should be exactly the way the Switzerland Gov should have done, and this will make us realise that the Switzerland Gov are of no interest in accepting those money brought by those criminals from Nigeria.

Western governments have argued that dirty money in many forms welcomed by the Switzerland allows the proceeds of corruption, drug trafficking, racketeering and terrorism to tag alongside and deny the world´s poor the chance to escape poverty. Swiss banks are reputed to be holding an estimated 35% of the world’s private and institutional funds (or 3 trillion Swiss francs)”.

It is time for Switzerland to turn words of fighting corruption into action and deeds and repatriate all the stolen money to its rightful owners and stop parasiting on poor African and third world countries so they can also have the opportunity to escape poverty like most citizens of Switzerland have.

ABOUT SWITZERLAND WAR, i beg Switzerland sabi war pass America sef grin

1460 Swiss Conquest of the Thurgau
1468 Swiss-Habsburg War
1474-1477 Burgundian War
1499 Swabian War
1499-1504 Milanese and Neapolitan War
1508-1509 War of the League of Cambrai
1510-1516 War of the Holy League
1513 Luzern Peasant War
1529 First War of Kappel War between Zürich and the Five Cantons
1531 Second War of Kappel War between Zürich and the Five Cantons
1536 Bernese Conquest of Geneva

http://www.zum.de/whkmla/military/italy/milxswitzerland.html

http://www.swissworld.org/en/politics/foreign_policy/neutrality_and_isolationism/

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question106547.html

So, Switzerland don kill plenty innocent people sef.
Our prayer be say make God help us stop all these war issues O!

Justwise, i beg leave sister miss-sweety86 alone O! grin maybe she no really get your point too..
Make una enjoy una weekend O! Me i dey enter town O! grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: I think what miss-sweety86 was trying to explain is how bad the US has contributed negatively to some countries without the consent of the countries. You could imagin on reaching her explanation, another breaking news came in how a gunman who opened fire on shoppers at a Portland mall in the same US, which means miss-sweety86 has already written on the wall. grin . To me, i'll agree to a point from her points. US is so dangerous when it comes to intervention if a country is having problem on their own. Its non of US's business. Look at how they destroyed Iraq, etc... I'm sure if Nigeria is one of the countries the US has ever destroy, no one will disagree with miss-sweety86's point about the fact only in terms of the US claiming to enter your country to settle fight whereas they are only there to steal from you and cause lot of Gobe plus Wahala there.... wink

Secondly, about the SWITZERLAND, i will agree with Justwise.. Switzerland returns $700m Abacha’s loot to FG, but the question is 'AFTER HOW MANY YEARS'? Why now? Why not before now? The Switzerland Gov should be questioned why the return of the $700m now after how many years? Why not immediately after Abacha's death? even though the money would definately be more than that. 'thief wey dey collect money from thief'

If you're not a criminal, why are you accepting dirty & unclean money from criminals?
Various categories of persons including Popes, presidents, prime ministers, corrupt dictators, wealthy business men, and drug dealers have all used and benefited from the banking secrecy laws of Switzerland. As a result her economy has been described as an underground economy, a deposit box for dirty money and a “dirt-driven economy”. So what are we saying? THIEF IS A THIEF. You don't care where the money was coming from, buy you care in accepting the money and using the money for businesses for your own interests. Why must it be like that?

The way the UK Gov contacted the Nigeria Gov when they discover that our governors stealing our money to their country and prosecute them, should be exactly the way the Switzerland Gov should have done, and this will make us realise that the Switzerland Gov are of no interest in accepting those money brought by those criminals from Nigeria.

Western governments have argued that dirty money in many forms welcomed by the Switzerland allows the proceeds of corruption, drug trafficking, racketeering and terrorism to tag alongside and deny the world´s poor the chance to escape poverty. Swiss banks are reputed to be holding an estimated 35% of the world’s private and institutional funds (or 3 trillion Swiss francs)”.

It is time for Switzerland to turn words of fighting corruption into action and deeds and repatriate all the stolen money to its rightful owners and stop parasiting on poor African and third world countries so they can also have the opportunity to escape poverty like most citizens of Switzerland have.

ABOUT SWITZERLAND WAR, i beg Switzerland sabi war pass America sef grin

1460 Swiss Conquest of the Thurgau
1468 Swiss-Habsburg War
1474-1477 Burgundian War
1499 Swabian War
1499-1504 Milanese and Neapolitan War
1508-1509 War of the League of Cambrai
1510-1516 War of the Holy League
1513 Luzern Peasant War
1529 First War of Kappel War between Zürich and the Five Cantons
1531 Second War of Kappel War between Zürich and the Five Cantons
1536 Bernese Conquest of Geneva

http://www.zum.de/whkmla/military/italy/milxswitzerland.html

http://www.swissworld.org/en/politics/foreign_policy/neutrality_and_isolationism/

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question106547.html

So, Switzerland don kill plenty innocent people sef.
Our prayer be say make God help us stop all these war issues O!

Justwise, i beg leave sister miss-sweety86 alone O! grin maybe she no really get your point too..
Make una enjoy una weekend O! Me i dey enter town O! grin

you should maybe look for more details about those wars, like the reason the wars started (some of them are religous conflicts) and the number of people killed before you say that Switzerland fought more wars than America. Plus at that time it wasn't Switzerland as the political entity it is now. So it cannot be compared to America because the history is more important considering America is quite a young country. So I think it's very wrong to compare the Swiss wars to the American wars. No the same purpose, not the same extent, not fought on similar territories (Switzerland fought on his territory or with its neighbours while America invaded many countries).

Regarding the money: I'm not specialized on that issue, but the money was returned, so it wasn't stolen! And the banking system doesn't reflect 100% of the political culture of the country. And now we're changing our banking system to prevent fiscal evasion. And I don't think it's because of Swiss banks that African citizens are still poor! First you should blame your own governments for being so corrupt before you start to blame others! Plus I know that Switzerland has many development projects in various countries, so it's not like we enjoy your money while we leave you starving!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
miss-sweety86:

you should maybe look for more details about those wars, like the reason the wars started (some of them are religous conflicts) and the number of people killed before you say that Switzerland fought more wars than America. Plus at that time it wasn't Switzerland as the political entity it is now. So it cannot be compared to America because the history is more important considering America is quite a young country. So I think it's very wrong to compare the Swiss wars to the American wars. No the same purpose, not the same extent, not fought on similar territories (Switzerland fought on his territory or with its neighbours while America invaded many countries).

Regarding the money: I'm not specialized on that issue, but the money was returned, so it wasn't stolen! And the banking system doesn't reflect 100% of the political culture of the country. And now we're changing our banking system to prevent fiscal evasion. And I don't think it's because of Swiss banks that African citizens are still poor! First you should blame your own governments for being so corrupt before you start to blame others! Plus I know that Switzerland has many development projects in various countries, so it's not like we enjoy your money while we leave you starving!

Now, you're getting me wrong too. It's non of my business whether the money was returned or not. My point is ''Why the return of the money NOW? Why not before now? Where was the money for all these years? Pls answer...

Secondly, It's non of my business whether America killed billions of people than Switzerland.. But the question for you is: Has Switzerland ever killed people before during war or not? What's the word PEOPLE mean? more than 1 innocent soul?

U need to udnerstand my point sister !
I never disagree with you about US's war comparable with Switzerland war. WAR is WAR. Can you predict one might not be killed during any war? No !
Don't even talk about banking issue with the bank issue. A THIEF IS A THEIF. Why are you accepting money from

Switzerland a parasite feeding on developing world?
Over the last couple of years countries such as United States, Germany and France have argued that they have become victims of Swiss illegal financial activities

As monies meant for development are stolen and stashed in Swiss Banks, the poor are left on their own to fend for themselves with aid agencies being left to pick the pieces with them. Millions have died, millions are starving and many more are suffering as a result of the role played by Swiss banks, real estate agencies and other companies. In this 21st century such suffering cannot go on forever. Switzerland cannot continue to be a willful accomplice in crimes involving the death of millions of children and women.

But Switzerland has had it both ways with her hypocrisy and double standards. Her politicians condemn corruption in Africa and the third world while her banks make fortunes off that corruption. Why must it be like that if SWITZERLAND herself is not a confam CRIMINAL? .... haba, think about it too now...
I don't think there is a need been biased anyway ! sad
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
A war fought by bombing people's house isn't the same than a war fought with the weapons they had in the 16th century

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone else because first of all you have a biased point of view, second of all you don't get your information from reliable sources, third of all you are mixing so many levels, fourth you only take part of the story into account and that it makes impossible to discuss anything with you.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
miss-sweety86:
A war fought by bombing people's house isn't the same than a war fought with the weapons they had in the 16th century

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone else because first of all you have a biased point of view, second of all you don't get your information from reliable sources, third of all you are mixing so many levels, fourth you only take part of the story into account and that it makes impossible to discuss anything with you.

You're very funny... Are you a Fally Ipupa? grin Do i look like Awilo Logomba? grin
Clearly i'm not biased. Clearly you are biased. Honestly it's non ma business who's war more critical.. Soul is Soul.. Are you saying Switzerland should be counted as war free country? So, those war you fought, you're killing animals? not humans?
You're very funny. You should be crowned the COMEDIAN OF THE YEAR 2012 grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 9:48am On Dec 16, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

You're very funny... Are you a Fally Ipupa? grin Do i look like Awilo Logomba? grin
Clearly i'm not biased. Clearly you are biased. Honestly it's non ma business who's war more critical.. Soul is Soul.. Are you saying Switzerland should be counted as war free country? So, those war you fought, you're killing animals? not humans?
You're very funny. You should be crowned the COMEDIAN OF THE YEAR 2012 grin

grin grin grin. First of all, go down low...

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2012
Leripa:

grin grin grin. First of all, go down low...

grin Yes oo, ''Gbagbe Oshi'' jorrrrrrrr grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

grin Yes oo, ''Gbagbe Oshi'' jorrrrrrrr grin

"O ni mo da bi eni to ti fa gbana..." grin grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
Leripa:

"O ni mo da bi eni to ti fa gbana..." grin grin

Yes oo, and ''Ogbanje'' grin grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 2:46am On Dec 18, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Yes oo, and ''Ogbanje'' grin grin

"Olamide is here naa nii..." grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 4:11am On Dec 18, 2012
Leripa:

"Olamide is here naa nii..." grin

Are you a learner? grin

Oya stop! I don tire mhen grin

I dey play, I dey play, I dey play grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Hardfact: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2012
Sorry guys, thought it's about love for America. Is it now about Olamide's "Go Down Low", who has the full lyrics?
By the way, dotcom na me na me your comments on Swiss are wellnoted.
Guess America's different strokes for different folks.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hardfact: Sorry guys, thought it's about love for America. Is it now about Olamide's "Go Down Low", who has the full lyrics?
By the way, dotcom na me na me your comments on Swiss are wellnoted.
Guess America's different strokes for different folks.

grin grin grin
It's play time my brother. Laughter is good most times!
Re: Why Do You Love America? by dotcomnamename: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
Leripa:

grin grin grin
It's play time my brother. Laughter is good most times!

Abi now, laugh good most times oo, christmas don dey knock na grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:40am On Dec 22, 2012
MERRy! MERRY!!Christmas

Re: Why Do You Love America? by gnykelly(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2012
If you got idea like me. America is a place to showcase it. Cos America copyright and patent law function.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
MERRy! MERRY!!Christmas

Wishing you the same oooo.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Happy New Year to you all.
It is going to be a fruitful year for everyone of us in Jesus' name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by ahmedgafar7(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
Leripa: Happy New Year to you all.
It is going to be a fruitful year for everyone of us in Jesus' name. Amen.
amen
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 3:17am On Jan 24, 2013
America on my mind everyday.
Lord, i'm counting on you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 5:16am On Feb 07, 2013
Everyone has a special affinity for the place they call home. Where in America would you love to stay and why?
#aquickoneandateaser
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
snow stom in the east coast...watchout for the update..
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
snow stom in the east coast...watchout for the update..

and this has led to several flight cancellations ahead of the storm with United Airline and Delta Airlines cancelling about 900 and over 700 flights respectivelly.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Faith2013(f): 4:09am On Feb 13, 2013
The only western country with a black President. Barack Obama. Proud to be a citizen of this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Faith2013(f): 4:13am On Feb 13, 2013
Leripa: Everyone has a special affinity for the place they call home. Where in America would you love to stay and why?
#aquickoneandateaser

Grew up in New Jersey hun! my favorite state. Garden state
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
To the glory of God, we've had successful transitions of many DV winners to the US. It will be a thing of joy if you can share with your fellow DV winners, what and what you have seen/encountered that further buttress your reasons for loving America.
Is it what you see when you go for sight seeing? Is it the environment?
@gunners4u, adzovia, jidedon and the rest...tell us your experience.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by gunners4u: 1:14am On Mar 05, 2013
welcome leripa, which ar u
Leripa: To the glory of God, we've had successful transitions of many DV winners to the US. It will be a thing of joy if you can share with your fellow DV winners, what and what you have seen/encountered that further buttress your reasons for loving America.
Is it what you see when you go for sight seeing? Is it the environment?
@gunners4u, adzovia, jidedon and the rest...tell us your experience.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 1:25am On Mar 05, 2013
gunners4u: welcome leripa, which ar u

I'm yet to have my interview. Just glorifying God on behalf of you guys that have successfuly moved to the states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Survive The Bus Life In Lagos, Nigeria / Schengen Italy Visa Application Processed In 5days / FG Faults British Travel Ban, Alleges Most Infected Travellers From UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.