Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? (7970 Views)

Wife Opens Secret: What My Husband Did To Me In The Bedroom / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ryabcool: So far so good I've been getting female responses. I wonder what the males think...
...wil i kip a gun in my bedrum?...hell yeah!...i'l get myself a .45mm police special en a revolver..i'l hide one in my bedrum en d oda in d livin rum...cnt stand dese loosers pushin me around in front of wifey en kids...i'l unload both guns in d mornin en reload at nyt though...jst 2b on d safe syd..
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
SniperInADiaper: Eff yes!

Ohhhh that's an understatement ..... I know this kind of discussion will swell your brain grin grin
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Cupidkc(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
As for me, will always keep a weapon(a double barrel gun) in my bedroom,just like my Dad. And to crown it all,we the children knew where the gun is but was too scared to touch it cheesy. But when we were of age(like 19) my Dad now allowed us to clean and service it for him. The gun is usually "loaded",but with the safety ON. I must add that the gun save us from arm robbers on three occasions...and my Dad is feared and dreaded in our street because of that.
well, i love guns and will have one when the time is right.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Clairette(f): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
Zeus I: As a man, i will keep weapon wether my spouse likes it or not. She would not even know. As for her keeping one; i won't accept, female genders has the habit of thinking straight, she may use it on me if she get infuriated unlike men.

Primitive thought.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
jidegirl12:

Ohhhh that's an understatement ..... I know this kind of discussion will swell your brain grin grin

I am A-lined all the way! The only problem with guns is when stupid people own them.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
chaircover: Nooooooo Wayyyyyyyy!!!

Unless there are no kids in the house. Kids are inquisitive by nature and the firearm you thought you hid very well will be easy for them to find.

You're overreacting madam grin cc ..... even with keys and combination ?
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by 3direct: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
gUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE!!

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by patholaw: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
I already have a 9MM....& wen i get married i intend keeping it....
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by cold(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Here's my guiding principle on the need for weapons & sundry issues; 'better to have it & don't need it. Than to need it & don't have it'.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by saem(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
I will keep a weapon in my house any day any time! I grew up in jos and I have learnt my lessons!
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by oraclefemi(m): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
I think with the current safety problem Nigeria has , weapon shouldnt be far but sometimes it could lead to domestic violence for example if your neighbor annoys you to an extent and you know you can threaten him or her with a weapon , an accident might happen.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Blueeyedboi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
I was taken unawares bk in skul...i en my gal went 4a nyt out..came bk around 1a.m en went straight 2bed...sumtym around 3a.m i was rudely woken up by two fierce-lukin boys pointin a gun 2my head askin 4money,phones,necklaces en watches...dey tuk all dese en left wit a strict warnin dat i dare nt make any noise cos dey intended goin nxt door 2rob my neighbours also....av neva felt so helpless en i hated myself 4dat...i vowed neva 2b vulnerable in d presence of a lady i was supose 2protect..
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by baby124: 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sure, if its my weapon. Planning on learning how to shoot a gun anyway.grin grin cheesy. Sure i would be damn good. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
baby_123: Sure, if its my weapon. Planning on learning how to shoot a gun anyway.grin grin cheesy. Sure i would be damn good. kiss kiss kiss

You're my girl baby..... we should do the shooting range together ! grin grin show off those big guns wink
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
I need any of the following at home: A .44 Calibre Magnum, a Deagle, a Ballers or a 9mm Beretta
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by 19naia(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
No, not if i am a cheating ,lying womanizer who abuse the woman when she ask so many questions about the other womans clothes she finds in the bedroom and the smell of "asewo" on my body when i return home late for work....i dont need her to get any bright ideas on a final solution to her woes;with a gun in the house::::::?? i am not married myself or have any woman involved with me, i am just talking hypothetical:common situation of daily humanity

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Elebiju: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
hrmkz: I will prefer protection d african way dan risk regreting keeping a weapon cos if its nt used by spouse againt spouse, child against parent or self, it still nt safe if d bandit finds out abt it.
the african way?u mean with charms and talisma?I've got a whole trunk of those but I can't do without my cutlass and my metal storm under my bed,she can't complain cos she knows d kinda man she got indulged with
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
erhhhm, i read somewhere that people who keep guns in their homes for protection, are the most likely to be killed by attackers. This is from a test carried out in the united states.
So, in that light, i'd hesitate if the idea should come up.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
erhhhm, i read somewhere that people who keep guns in their homes for protection, are the most likely to be killed by attackers.
In otherwords, more often than not, it actually ends up achieving the very opposite of the aim.
This is from a test carried out in the united states.
So, in that light, i'd hesitate if the idea should come up.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by sandee575(f): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
If you must keep a gun, be prepared for the implications.

1. A robber who discovers a gun while searching your house might not have intended to
kill but could just as well since he stood that chance of being shot at the first instance.

2. You must know how to operate it effectively during an armed combat which might arise during
a determined onslaught by the invaders at the return of your fire.

3. Have a mapped out positioning advantage and option B.

4. They may come back with reinforcement some other day assuming you win round one.

5. The good Lord is our Security.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by InvertedHammer: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
I don't think any right thinking criminal will walk into my house. In California, certain guns are legal. I have AR-15(semi-auto), 9mm x 4 and a GSG1911
hidden and secured in strategic places around the house. My neighbor's house is an armory and that dude sure is crazy.

If any motherf...kr tries anything funny, I will blast away
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
No.

Must gun-related incidents occurred in the home by the owners of the gun.

Most unintentional firearm-related deaths among children occur in or around the home; 50 percent at the home of the victim, and 40 percent at the home of a friend or relative.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ryabcool: The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided

If you aren't planning to cheat on him, then its fine.

On a more serious note, as long as there are no negative trust issues, no palaver.
Advice him though to separate where he keeps the gun from where he keeps the bullets and to make sure its one with a safety lock. While I was growing up, I discovered that my dad had a quality double barrel in his cupboard. I and my bro always used to open it up in fascination and play a little bit with it. Interestingly, he never knew we knew he had a gun.Good thing though he always locked up the bullets somewhere else.

Point is, make sure it is kept out of the reach of kids and all safety precautions should be followed.
In Nigeria we all need guns.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by yoged(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
Efemena_xy:

It's quite normal for couples to have such weapons in their homes, especially in countries where it's legal to - if you've got a license for it. (I'm thinking the USA)

But then again, if you've got kids, you've got factor them in and be very, very careful...to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
yap bro, I really wish a man in my parent's town( ilesa) would know the consequences of keeping guns at home, the most stupid part of it, his kids new where the guns were being kept.. Keeping it short, the 1st wife kid shot the 2nd wife kid. Rip instantly.They were just playing it.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by gazilion: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
At the name of Jesus every armed robber must bow!!
The Lord is my defence and my shield..whom shall I fear.
A thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand...but it shall never come near me and my household.

Finally...JESUS IS MY WEAPON

2 Likes

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by linearity: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
My wife kicked against me getting a gun license, but I told her that; I do not want to imagine myself helpless and begging for my life or imagine someone entering and doing my kids or herself harm, while I just stood there powerless, helpless, speechless. As a man, it is in our instinct to take action...so I got me a .40 with 12 rounds.

Am even thinking of getting a 9mm. Each time I go to the gun range, I see kids as young as 10 with their dad doing target practice.

I wish one can easily, after thorough background checks obtain gun license in 9ja.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by kkkossy(m): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ryabcool: The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided

Hope u knw how marvin gaye died? He was shot by his own father after a quarell. I dnt buy the idea one bit.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by segun2012: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
i will prefer to go African way... i'll put juju insi ;Dde my bedroom coz its also a form of weapon too.... Juju go kill dem all if dey try any shit grin
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
I will support ma husband to keep every kind of weapon-gun,knife,sword, hammer,teargas, in d house and evn in his car,office,etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Father's Pain / Is Boarding School Beneficial To Children? / Managing Your In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.