Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? (7949 Views)

Wife Opens Secret: What My Husband Did To Me In The Bedroom / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by hanelson(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2012
Better have it and dnt need it than to need it and dnt have it.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by deloon(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
I'll definetly keep a weapon in my bedroom and possibly somewhere else. The spouse doesn't have to know about it though unless she's fully trusted with such matters.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Horlawoomey(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
Am going to buy many, ranging from SHOT GUNS to PUMP ACTIONS, they will be well hidden in different places around my house. She wont even know about it.[img]Am going to buy many, ranging from SHOT GUNS to PUMP ACTIONS, they will be well hidden in different places around my house. She wont even know about it.[/img]Am going to buy many, ranging from SHOT GUNS to PUMP ACTIONS, they will be well hidden in different places around my house. She wont even know about it.

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Horlawoomey(m): 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
I need all these cos people are turning to vampire these days.[img][/img]
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
oraclefemi: I think with the current safety problem Nigeria has , weapon shouldnt be far but sometimes it could lead to domestic violence for example if your neighbor annoys you to an extent and you know you can threaten him or her with a weapon , an accident might happen.

Only threaten those that you fully intend to kill.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by dnawah(m): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
It can protect u but,just imagine ur wife getting angry and cutting/shooting u in ur sleep.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by InvertedHammer: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

Only threaten those that you fully intend to kill.

You are right on the money. Guns are not for threats. You pull that gun, you must shoot and intend to kill.

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by addictiv(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2012
thats why i love igbo people. i tell you almost every igbo man has a weapon in his bedroom. i think its just instinct. my dad has an armory in his room where you ll find all types of weapons placed in strategic locations that are well hidden and easy to reach if such situation such suffice. myself i cant sleep with both eyes shut without a sharp machete under my bed. call me a scared dog, i don't care.

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by charlesditro: 12:11am On Dec 05, 2012
Ryabcool: The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided
1 question brov. How do u think this world would look like if every body had a gun? Then the criminals would be very carefull paying u a visit right? Even friend and family would endevour to send you a notice attaching a reminder on the exact time and date of visit. So to answer your question, since only the force are legally allowed to possess this weapon and unfortunately and unfairly this criminals misteriously acquired this arm. I WOULD ADVICE ANYBODY IN QUESTION TO OBTAIN A DYNAMITE EXPOSIVES , AN M16 RIFFLE, A SHORT GUN AND A 24 ROUNDS CARLIFONIAN PISTOL. If you can afford a reenforced security door fine. Wen eva u hav a visitor let the fireworks begine.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by charlesditro: 12:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Ryabcool: The idea of a man keeping a weapon in his bedroom for protection, what's your take on it? Can you keep a weapon in your bedroom for safety? Take for instance, your house is about to get burgled by robbers, would you prefer it if there is something(perhaps a gun) that can protect you and your family from these people? I'm basing my question on something I just read online. Honest/Candid views please... undecided undecided
1 question brov. How do u think this world would look like if every body had a gun? Then the criminals would be very carefull paying u a visit right? Even friend and family would endevour to send you a notice attaching a reminder on the exact time and date of visit. So to answer your question, since only the force are legally allowed to possess this weapon and unfortunately and unfairly this criminals misteriously acquired this arm. I WOULD ADVICE ANYBODY IN QUESTION TO OBTAIN A DYNAMITE EXPOSIVES , AN M16 RIFFLE, A SHORT GUN AND A 24 ROUNDS CARLIFONIAN PISTOL. If you can afford a reenforced security door fine. Wen eva u hav a visitor let the fireworks begine.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by addictiv(m): 12:17am On Dec 05, 2012
why shouldn't i have i gun? even my grand popsi get gun (Dane gun). my popsi get armory, me i must get artillery......... cool
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by RudySmith(m): 12:33am On Dec 05, 2012
the weapon should only be kept if it is locked and secured. Wifey must not have the key for her own protection (we all know how some women can be too emotional), since daddy is the only one who can fire the damn gun anyway.

In 9ja, having your own gun should be a requirement/necessity!
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by minute(f): 12:45am On Dec 05, 2012
Elsewhere. There is nothing to fear about having a gun in the house but for a balance between protection and safety,it's best
to keep your gun in the attic(up high) or an electronic safe in the bedroom closet. The safe should be bolted to a wall or floor
(not both)in your bedroom closet. It is actually advisable to store the pistol in the safe loaded if you feel you may need to use
this in the event of home invasion.

Honestly I have guns in my home.Unloaded. I keep my handguns in a safe that has both a key and combination lock....
My partner was paranoid until she learned to shoot it, load it and took a gun safety class.
We went to a friend's house with the kids last summer for a barbeque. They also had a 3yr old. We were all busy. They kids playing
in the boys bedroom. Well after the barbeque, i got a call from the boy's dad saying that he had kept a gun in his nightstand and
when he went to bed, the gun was on the floor with sticky jelly on it, and realized when we thought the the kids were playing safely,
they were handling a gun. Had i taught my son about dangers of guns, perhaps he would have come told, or not touched it.
You are looking for trouble if when they grow older, they come across one and don't know what to do. My 5 year old daughter does not
know about the guns yet but she will when shes 7 at a range (with a .22 rifle)with her Dad.

A firearm can be used for good as well as evil. If the gun is not available to you or your spouse when you need it most, there isn't
much point in having a gun in the first place now is there?

6years range shooting.

1 Like

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by charlesditro: 12:53am On Dec 05, 2012
Ill advice u get an M16, a 24 rounds carlifonia pistol and som dynamite. When eva dey pay u an un-notified visit just let the firework begin.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 05, 2012
kiss

Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 05, 2012
gazilion: At the name of Jesus every armed robber must bow!!
The Lord is my defence and my shield..whom shall I fear.
A thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand...but it shall never come near me and my household.

Finally...JESUS IS MY WEAPON

Lol!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by baby124: 4:40am On Dec 05, 2012
jidegirl12:

You're my girl baby..... we should do the shooting range together ! grin grin show off those big guns wink
grin grin grin. I love guns. The thing I noticed though is if I suggest an outing with males to the gun range. They suddenly become alarmed, and think I am crazy. No one wants to take me, so I will take myself. cheesy. Funny how the best shooter in the olympics is female and SINGLE. Hahaha. cool. We can go anytime.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 05, 2012
NO.
My dad used to have double barrel then and is kept on top of the wardrope while d bullets are kept inside d wardrobe. The gun is never loaded until action. He was well trained and can shoot to kill or maim depending on what he wants. Then, theieves fear him that nt just dt they don't steal around our compound, bt after stealing elsewhere, they avoid passing through our route. That was in the 80's and early 90's.
Such weapons can only keep small thieves away these days. They go with d most sophiscated weapons that can never be licensed for a civilian. I remember two brothers that were landlord's in a street. Bad boys came to d younger ones house wit info ( he was to go to mkt d next day) , the elder bros fired a pump action, they called him by his name and warned him they did not come for him.
The next day, the bad boys despite d security in d man's house came in d afternoon and followed his kids that came back from sch,unarmed d security and collected d pump action while stealing all d money they could lay their hands on.
Nowadays, because ppl don't keep money in houses again, there is hardly house burglary bt kidnapping and they move in numbers. If they decide to burgle a street, they move in 20-30's so what will a one man squad do to them?
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 05, 2012
I support keeping a gun to protect ur family and I intend doing so myself when I have mine but the gun shouldn't be loaded sha! U can keep the gun in one place and the cartridge somewhere else to avoid any knee-jerk intinct to use it like during a fight with ur spouse
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2012
shadrach77: i will never keep a weapon in my house neither will i encourage my partner to do so. Reason is simple. The devil might tempt one of you to use it on the other if you enter into an argument. Even the bible warns us to flee from any appearance of evil. the devil is sly smiley smiley wink

When you live in one of those Boko Haram infested areas, you will understand the importance of protecting yourself by keeping a short gun close to your bed cheesy
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by obowunmi(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2012
I own several guns, I don't hv a wife, I live in a safe neighborhood in Lagos.
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Yvete(f): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2012
gazilion: At the name of Jesus every armed robber must bow!!
The Lord is my defence and my shield..whom shall I fear.
A thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand...but it shall never come near me and my household.

Finally...JESUS IS MY WEAPON

Amen!
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ballotti: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2014
That is his business! kiss
Nothing disturbs my sweeeeeeet sleep or slumber!!!! cool
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcool(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2014
Ballotti: That is his business! kiss
Nothing disturbs my sweeeeeeet sleep or slumber!!!! cool
lol! Well you're a tough one, aren't ya?
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by phazotron(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
no worry o. dey keep gun for house una no hear werin do reeva steenkamp for oscar pistorious hand abi?
Re: Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? by Ryabcoool: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Her To Stop Being A Lesbian / How To Encourage Parents To Let Daugthers Stay With Boyfriends Overnight? / Video ...big Girl Caught Stealing From Her Sugar Daddy, Stripped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.