Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss (9648 Views)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? / Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PrinceChibueze1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yes, i believe so.[b][/b]
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by JallowBah(f): 12:05am On Dec 19, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
As a Pagan Traditionalist, i believe in reincarnation. it makes sense and is very closely related to the 1st Law of Physics.

i certainly cant take in any heaven/hell bull****. these are all fairytales and ki :Pds stories. .

For the first time I actually agree with you.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Solozzo(m): 5:38am On Dec 19, 2012
claremont: No, I don't believe in it. I believe the human body has an expiry date, and it expires in full when it reaches that date. I don't believe in such things like reincarnation, golden unicorn, talking snakes, burning bushes e.t.c. They are tales-by-moonlight stories.

Same view as me. Firstly there is very little clarification of what reincarnated-spirit, soul , ghost. How does it transfer from body to body. Why more people on earth, not a fixed number recycling. How are we fundamentally different from animals or plants? Do they reincarnate too? Why are we more scared of a dead body than the living one?

Some explanation of the reasons for claims of reincarnation are as follows;

1. Resemblances to parents or late relatives - genes, animals and plants are similar.
2. Beliefs of relatives being alive after death -dreams, misidentifications, hallucinations.
3. Belief in life after death also triggered by myths, near death experiences, people in coma experiencing weird phenomena. Our inability to accept the truth of our own fragility, our inflated self esteem that we are immortal, claims of being above all living things so we cannot just die like that etc.
4. We also use reincarnation to exploit and control others eg pastors threaten hellfire

The fact remains that life finishes when we die. We are subject to the same natural laws as all living things. Our existence is extended through our children's via genes and we split these genes to multiply in new children. So our existence continues as genes in our children; that is why being childless is si so painful because one reaches an evolutionary dead end.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Solozzo(m): 6:04am On Dec 19, 2012
stephenponti: Minion- Do you believe in reincarnation?
Hades- no I don't & shouldn't as a Christian 
Minion- Your sacred text (bible) postulated a theory of reincarnation!!
Hades- Falsehood superstition & heresy!
Minion- Malachi 4.5 Look , I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome Day of the LORD comes. Omen--->>Fulfilled-Matt 17v10-12So the disciples questioned Him , “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first ? ” 11 “Elijah is coming and will restore everything ,” He replied . , 12 “But I tell you : Elijah has already come , and they didn’t recognize him . On the contrary , they did whatever they pleased to him . In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” ,
Hades- You mean John the baptist was the incarnate of Elijah?
Minion- Be the judge of your own scripture!!!
Hades- Forgive my foolishness for now understanding the allegory of the scripture.

The bible is not a book of historical facts. It is replete with myths allegories and mysteries. It is. Written by different authors with different views. Example: ecclesiates says there is no life after death-you would be dead longer Han you live. In one of the gospels, people do not return to earth until the last day. Also remember is an ancient book collection written thousands of years ago in Jewish and Greek cultural background. They were written for spiritual enlightenment, not as science or history.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by coretechng(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2012
*Kails*:
Part of my believes in it.
Part of me don't. tongue

It's like some souls i believe recycle.
Every generation will have it's Hitler, Mother Teresa, Obama, Jesus, etc.

But then one must ask, if this is the case, then how could one explain the billions of people who are now here, but not before?

how is it possible to go from 2 billion to 7+ billion if reincarnation is real?

Who knows? undecided All I know is, I don't want to come back! tongue
Unless God has rebuilt the Earth and I can come back as an ancient person. grin
Hmmm deep thinking.I never thought of that before.

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by dasparrow: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2012
@Post

No, I do not believe in reincarnation because it goes against what my bible teaches.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2012
I don't believe yet till I m convinced with real proofs (if it's possible). But there's dis Yoruba Mythology of 'Abiku'. It's believed dat if a child dies & some marks are inscribed on d body, d child may b reborn by d same mother, with d same marks in order 2 confirm reincarnation.
bojar: If you believed in re-incarnation, then your tombstone should read "BRB" and not "RIP"
u jst cracked my ribs.

*Kails*:
Part of my believes in it.
Part of me don't. tongue

It's like some souls i believe recycle.
Every generation will have it's Hitler, Mother Teresa, Obama, Jesus, etc.

But then one must ask, if this is the case, then how could one explain the billions of people who are now here, but not before?

how is it possible to go from 2 billion to 7+ billion if reincarnation is real?

Who knows? undecided All I know is, I don't want to come back! tongue
Unless God has rebuilt the Earth and I can come back as an ancient person. grin
lol.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Oahray: 9:56am On Dec 19, 2012
folanaira:

- You can't be in two places at once obviously. Why do you merge the two? We are here on earth for a reason and are given several chances to try until we get it right. And like repeating a failed class, after a number of tries you eventually pass (heaven) or fail.
lmao. Funny how you just messed yourself up. Many people believe everyone goes to heaven or hellfire at death. Do you even know what you are defending at all? How does this long pile of emptiness you just posted support that claim and yet support your reincarnation claims?
If everyone goes to heaven/paradise or hell at death for eternity as muslims and most christians believe, at what time do they get reincarnated? Think bro.

- First you completely ignore a direct quotation from your Bible (the quotation included the exact chapter and verse) and claim that you don't know where it is seen in the bible. Then you take the interpretation of that quotation and pose it as a question to a completely different quote that suitably supports your argument. How does that make any sense?
I expected you to add bible verses to this post supporting your claim as a reasonable person would, not rant like the average fanatic.

Second, your quote said "the SOUL that is sinning will die". It says "soul", not body. This is correct, the soul that is sinning will die. But it gets several chances to reincarnate in the flesh (body) repeatedly until it rights its ways. Each life is a manifestation of the Creators mercy that you can try again. But yes, the "soul" will die once "if it is sinning" and this happens in the end. And so your quote refutes nothing of what has been said.
reincarnation springs directly from the belief that the soul is immortal and cannot die. The bible didnt say the soul would die 'only after several reincarnations'. Ezekiel was talking to the people about their present actions and the fact that God is the owner of life. Death is the wage of sin and every human has fallen short.

Third, go and read the quoted verses, it is in your bible. Don't be so bull headed as to not even try!
I have read the verses bro. It still doesnt support reincarnation anymore than calling the devil 'the god of this age' makes him the creator.

- First, according to your bible, God created Adam and Eve (Adam and Eve ONLY), where did Cane's wife come from?
Good question. First of all, the bible never said Adam and Eve had only sons. Why do you suppose they had no daughters? Did you ever pause to think that? Absence of evidence isnt evidence of absence. Cain obviously took one of his sisters as his wife. At that point in human history, mankind was still close to perfection and genetic effects of interbreeding would have been negligible.

-Second, if we do reincarnate, where to souls that are recently departed go? Can we see this other world? Do we know how many souls are there waiting for another sojourn on earth?
when we die, we are dead. Our spirit or life force returns to our maker. If he chooses to restore that life, it is what the bible terms resurrection.

-The second set of questions should give you an answer to your question. If there were 2 billion souls here on earth then, there must have been 5 billion or more in the beyond waiting on their next incarnation. Now that there are more people here on earth (7 billion) then there must be less waiting on an incarnation.
now this is absolutely hilarious. Until the 19th century, the world population had never been up to 2billion. It has been increasing over time and is expected to increase still. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, it means the <2billion souls then alive are souls that have been recycled. All of a sudden 5billion more are added. How many of these added souls have lived before if the former 2billion have been recycled have been recycled over time?
Could it be some souls do not get reincarnated at all, while some get to come back in a short while as their grandchildren?
You talk about that which you do not know as if they were proven.

What is wisdom? and of what world does the quote refer to? Don't gamble away your existence on blind faith. It is important to seek the truth bravely and with your eyes and ears wide open.
If anyone can be called blind its confused persons like you. You do not want to believe that we are new beings resulting from procreation, but you would like to believe that there were five billion souls awaiting reincarnation.
At what point were these waiting souls created or start to exist?
If they were created why cant they be destroyed?
Examine your beliefs youngman. Human philosophy is confusion and it would never lead you anywhere.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2012
Oahray:
lmao. Funny how you just messed yourself up. Many people believe everyone goes to heaven or hellfire at death. Do you even know what you are defending at all? How does this long pile of emptiness you just posted support that claim and yet support your reincarnation claims?
If everyone goes to heaven/paradise or hell at death for eternity as muslims and most christians believe, at what time do they get reincarnated? Think bro.

I expected you to add bible verses to this post supporting your claim as a reasonable person would, not rant like the average fanatic.

reincarnation springs directly from the belief that the soul is immortal and cannot die. The bible didnt say the soul would die 'only after several reincarnations'. Ezekiel was talking to the people about their present actions and the fact that God is the owner of life. Death is the wage of sin and every human has fallen short.

I have read the verses bro. It still doesnt support reincarnation anymore than calling the devil 'the god of this age' makes him the creator.

Good question. First of all, the bible never said Adam and Eve had only sons. Why do you suppose they had no daughters? Did you ever pause to think that? Absence of evidence isnt evidence of absence. Cain obviously took one of his sisters as his wife. At that point in human history, mankind was still close to perfection and genetic effects of interbreeding would have been negligible.

when we die, we are dead. Our spirit or life force returns to our maker. If he chooses to restore that life, it is what the bible terms resurrection.

now this is absolutely hilarious. Until the 19th century, the world population had never been up to 2billion. It has been increasing over time and is expected to increase still. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, it means the <2billion souls then alive are souls that have been recycled. All of a sudden 5billion more are added. How many of these added souls have lived before if the former 2billion have been recycled have been recycled over time?
Could it be some souls do not get reincarnated at all, while some get to come back in a short while as their grandchildren?

If anyone can be called blind its confused persons like you. You do not want to believe that we are new beings resulting from procreation, but you would like to believe that there were five billion souls awaiting reincarnation.
Examine your beliefs youngman. Human philosophy is confusion and it would never lead you anywhere.

First, for you to call me a fanatic is laughable. A visit to webster will do you plenty good.
Fanatic: "A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, esp. for an extreme religious or political cause."
Of course, you can never be convinced that your "excessive clinging to the Bible and your demands that anything that isn't provable therein doesn't exist" is just that: fanatic.
But thankfully, each one can draw his own conclusions.

I would respond to you but there is no point in this exercise. You are clearly convinced about your opinions and biblical verses so I leave it there and wish you well.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by jdsage(m): 7:44am On Dec 24, 2012
How about you, do you believe?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: lol.

WHY ARE PEOPLE LAUGHING AT MY POST?! grin grin grin

What did i say?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
coretechng: Hmmm deep thinking.I never thought of that before.

cool cool
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i can explain that. as the population decreases, the resources (Animal, plantlife for eg., ) decreases to feed the growing population , and thereby maintain the balance. now animal and plantlife also have spiritual Energy/Soul. so you see the Spiritual Energy is still being recycled. however in excess, it can be fatal. it is upto us to curb this abnormal growth.

AHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok....I get it. Thus why many Rastas, Hindus, Buddhists; etc refuse to eat meat citing it as cannibalism. See, you don't always talk off the wall after all. smiley

190-the-clown:

of course you would quote me and feign confusion. tongue
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
bojar: If you believed in re-incarnation, then your tombstone should read "BRB" and not "RIP"

Troll: [size=13pt]Yes I Do!!! I'm One Reincarnated Murthafucka!!! tongue[/size]

grin grin

i cant believe i left this thread!! grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
*Kails*:

AHHHHHH!!!!!

Ok....I get it. Thus why many Rastas, Hindus, Buddhists; etc refuse to eat meat citing it as cannibalism. See, you don't always talk off the wall after all. smiley

why do you mean i dont always talk off the wall I always talk ON the the wall. it is just that you have selective hearing. not my fault. undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

why do you mean i dont always talk off the wall I always talk ON the the wall. it is just that you have selective hearing. not my fault. undecided

Me and the entire nl abi? grin
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
*Kails*:

Me and the entire nl abi? grin

no. you and the entire akata/oyinbo gang.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by NegroNtns(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2012
pagan9ja,

You are a bad face for paganism. I have chosen to watch this topic from sideline but I was hoping that if anyone would lead the contributions with educative and informative posts you should be in the top 5 rank, however your contributions are shallow and off mark. You excel at attacking good contributions than you do sharing knowledge and ingenuity.

I am challenging you, for all the noise you make attacking cultural beliefs, to now use this great opportunity to teach and inform us on the dark mysteries of reincarnation.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no. you and the entire akata/oyinbo gang.

grin

you dey crace!! well i can bet the gentleman who i have quoted below is not
an "akata" (which your ppl created btw) nor an oyinbo...and yet notice the objections. wink

Negro_Ntns: pagan9ja,

You are a bad face for paganism. I have chosen to watch this topic from sideline but I was hoping that if anyone would lead the contributions with educative and informative posts you should be in the top 5 rank, however your contributions are shallow and off mark. You excel at attacking good contributions than you do sharing knowledge and ingenuity.

I am challenging you, for all the noise you make attacking cultural beliefs, to now use this great opportunity to teach and inform us on the dark mysteries of reincarnation.

*brews more tea*
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by jdsage(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2013
Do u?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

we acknowledge their deeds and their spirit imprint. the point is that the concept of spiritism is very diverse. genrally it is so that the spirit reincarnates according to the law of conservation. however an imprint is left behind which is what generally stays back as a guiding force in the natural material world. it is this that we honor.

a part of this imprint lies within you. you are a direct material product of this ancestor. you share the same blood and genetic heritage . therefore a part of the spiritual force remains attached to the material one. all of this comes under the category of the dissipiated fraction.

the same case with your ancestral home, lands , etc. a part of the spirit remains attached to the material world to which the spirit has been associated with. i think from this comes the origin of "haunted" places or spirit-inhabited places. you get the feeling when you are there.

for example, whenever i visit my ancestral home, i get this overwhelming protective sense and of that as if i have left some part here. it is almost sacred infact. it is hard to describe. .

this is like physics. when you heat a beaker of water. most of the heat is transferred to the water. however some of the heat energy, a small fraction, is lost to the surrounding and dissipiated.

i have also noticed very close similarities on material physics and spiritual physics. almost the same , in fact. i will be writing a thesis on this.
na wa o..u left Christianity..left Islame..u didn't even try Atheism..man 1 word...ure lame..
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yes I do.

Came to this belief after much thought about our place in life.

The Heaven/Hell concept doesn't provide much closure after death.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Chikeziehosan: na wa o..u left Christianity..left Islame..u didn't even try Atheism..man 1 word...ure lame..

a$$ I am born Pagan.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by phillippians(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Oahray:

I believe in reincarnation
Let me quickly clear this statistical misunderstanding of 19th century 2billion people on earth as against the current 7billion. Purgatory is a place where the human soul goes to stay after death. There are phases/ranks in this purgatory. Now, depending on your karma, some souls are not fit to transcend to the next phase of spiritual grant having not completed fully, their assignment on earth so they are made to go back to the living world in a new body(Re-incarnation), in hope that the reincarnated soul should now utilize this second opportunity to be spiritually grounded to make it into the next phase of spiritual maturity should another death occur. Depending on ur karma as regards how u live your previous life, some souls can't come back as humans, they go to reincarnate animals, trees, some reincarnates snakes �(DEPENDING ON YOUR KARMA). Now a reincarnated human soul can mimic d exact existence of his/her previous life in terms of achievements, belief, lifestyle etc or it can be a complete opposite in comparison to the previous existence. Example : a know wealthy and famous man with plenty kids, wives, when reincarnated will most likely be wealthy again, while in opposite cases he can become as poor as church rats with no kids or wife at all...DEPENDING ON HIS KARMA/FATE. I I am also believed to have reincarnated my maternal grandma's elder brother, whom was attached with a chair on his head by one of his wayward sons, and the deep injury inflicted on the dead man's skull is very visible on my skull � till today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? / Please What Is The Meaning Of Nekwa And Inukwa / African Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.