Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,602 members, 7,770,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss (9649 Views)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? / Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
lynpetra: In as much as I hate sounding dogmatic,I do beleieve in it.I ve dis little boil on my head since birth and my GM told me few yrs ago that I was reincarnated.She said her cousin,a gurl who is ving mental issue use to live with her as a teen.She was always octracised by friends and family cos she smells really bad.My GM went on to state that my fatheras a little boy back then was the only person that was pretty much around her and she loves him as much too.This lady died at 23 orso,and my GM remembered her always shouting(whenever she was beaten)that she will soon be a beautiful girl,with her own mind,and rich husband and no one will ever make her feel less than human again.Well I came back to my father not as his aunt but as a daugther!(So I was told)and up till now I wonder y I have more than 23 designers perfume at 24!or why I am respected by friends and family too much that my opinions are highly regarded...so many other things too that I can't mention...

That's an interesting story. I've heard similar. I believe that bonds such as love do influence our future paths.
Have you seen the movie: Cloud Atlas. I think this movie so clearly captures much of my thoughts/beliefs about reincarnation.
There is a portion where it reads/says:
"From womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past, and present and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Jazzgreen(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
bojar: If you believed in re-incarnation, then your tombstone should read "BRB" and not "RIP"

You strike on a very important error there. If you imagine that your life is work and that reincarnation is a continuation of that task.
And that each sojourn on earth is a critical stage in a task which you must fulfill in all urgency. Then the statement "rest in peace" almost sounds like a curse!
IE to sleep away and leave your task, your reason for existing unfinished.
However, it shouldn't read BRB, it should read similar to things people say when you embark on a long journey or a/another important mission.
You will hear things like "journey well", "journey mercies", "may your Creator grant you wind at your back and wings to your feet as you continue your journey."

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by igbeke: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
reincanatn is real cos i am a withness 2 it:
wen i was 2yrs old, dey said i walked up 2 my dad on a sunday, in d presence of his numerous guests and told him 2 accord me d respect i deserved cos i am his grandfather. my dad and his guests were shocked, but 1 of dem asked, 'wat den is ur name?'
it was said dat i called d name wich my dad has not heard 4 over 40yrs ago. not even my mom has heard it b4.
oda misteries followed wich may not be neccessary 4 dis discussion.
it is no fiction, reincanation is real.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by questioner: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
@Folanaira, pagan nga, kails, jazzgreen, Igbeke and especially LYNPET.

I think you guys should pay this thread a visit . . . . .it might help.

https://www.nairaland.com/608819/dont-mad-see-psychiatrist

abeg no vex o, i jus wan assiist una small
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Brisingr(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2012
I do I just don't think we will come back as humans maybe as cockroaches or rats or any other malign lower animal this is while I kill my roaches with broom instead of the less humane insecticide and behead my rats instead of rat poison.I would think if I do comeback as one of the forementioned somebody would do the same for me.so for all u dat torture animals chew on this.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by igbeke: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
questioner: @Folanaira, pagan nga, kails, jazzgreen, Igbeke and especially LYNPET.

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by tsharp(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yes I believe. It's the only way the justice of God can make any sense. Ask yourself, we say God is just, why then will one child be born in the White House in DC and another under the bridge in Ojuelegba? Why do good things happen to bad people and bad things to good people? How come no matter how much we pray we more often than not do not get our wishes despite the bible saying "ask and it shall be given". You get only what you deserve. Made clear by reincarnation. I urge everyone to investigate this matter objectively. "Seek and ye shall find".
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by igbeke: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
questioner: @Folanaira, pagan nga, kails, jazzgreen, Igbeke and especially LYNPET.

i hav just checked it. u know wat? i tink u deserve dat more dan any of us. no insult intended pls.
where r u 4rm? 4 u 2 tink dat wateva u r ignorant of does not exist, u need 2 be reoriented.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Azedplus(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
From islamic perspective.No,people of d underworld ( jinns,witches,witchcraft etc) all takes the form of human (relatives or whoever) to perfom their devilish acts,
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by 190theclown: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
*Kails*:
Part of my believes in it.
Part of me don't. tongue

It's like some souls i believe recycle.
Every generation will have it's Hitler, Mother Teresa, Obama, Jesus, etc.

But then one must ask, if this is the case, then how could one explain the billions of people who are now here, but not before?

how is it possible to go from 2 billion to 7+ billion if reincarnation is real?

Who knows? undecided All I know is, I don't want to come back! tongue
Unless God has rebuilt the Earth and I can come back as an ancient person. grin

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by streetsoldier1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
As a Pagan Traditionalist, i believe in reincarnation. it makes sense and is very closely related to the 1st Law of Physics.

i certainly cant take in any heaven/hell bull****. these are all fairytales and ki :Pds stories. .

Whatz the first law of physics?? Don't just come here and start talking trash!!!!
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
I believe in re-incarnation to an extent, the only thing is, not everyone will re-incarnate, just a selected few.

For example, my grandmother believed my mum is a reincarnation of a woman that used to live in her family, the woman was very wealthy, neat and beautiful and died way before my mum was born. When my mum was born, she did not walk till she turned three, and during the time she was not able to work, my grandma took her to different prayer homes, and she was told that the woman who had died long time ago, came back as my own mother and needed her present family and successors to know that she actually came back, so she should take my mum to that woman's family, explain to them and they should check some of her stuffs that she left behind, that some beads would be found, they should wear those beads around my mum's wrists and ankles and sing her praise-chants, when everything was placed on my mum as it should be and the chants were song, my mum stood up immediately and began to walk. That dead-woman's family were filled with fear, love, admiration and wonder.

That is a personal experience.

the other is in the BIble, where Jesus told his disciples that Elijah came as John the baptist to be the fore-runner of Christ.

Like Ifyalways said, it is the spirit that gets a new body.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by stephenponti(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
Minion- Do you believe in reincarnation?
Hades- no I don't & shouldn't as a Christian 
Minion- Your sacred text (bible) postulated a theory of reincarnation!!
Hades- Falsehood superstition & heresy!
Minion- Malachi 4.5 Look , I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome Day of the LORD comes. Omen--->>Fulfilled-Matt 17v10-12So the disciples questioned Him , “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first ? ” 11 “Elijah is coming and will restore everything ,” He replied . , 12 “But I tell you : Elijah has already come , and they didn’t recognize him . On the contrary , they did whatever they pleased to him . In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” ,
Hades- You mean John the baptist was the incarnate of Elijah?
Minion- Be the judge of your own scripture!!!
Hades- Forgive my foolishness for now understanding the allegory of the scripture.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by nollywood20: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
I believe more in what I call the Conspiracy of the Universe Theory.
That there are known and unknown forces and powers in the universe who conspire for or against the ambitions of humans on planet earth.

Now looking at the following mysterious strange facts of American history.

[size=18pt]

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil
rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White
House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named
Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was
born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was
born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln,
was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy,
was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."

Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made
by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before
their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in
Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with
Marilyn Monroe.

AND...................:

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin
ran to a warehouse...

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the
assassin ran to a theater...[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by eduson77(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
YES I DO
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by tsharp(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
@nollywood20

Nice one. At first glance it's hard to dismiss this as mere coincidence. And I believe it isn't. Consider also that "known and unknown forces" can bring about stranger things eg reincarnation. If you googled the subject, you will be amazed at stories you will find including verifiable evidence of people who have lived before in another part of the world being able (through even stranger circumstances) to remember these other lifetimes and to prove it. It takes an open heart.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Whymee: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
Africa magic hallucination,

Prove it to me that cows, ram, hen that are brutally killed in slotters slab reincarnate.

Why is it that it is only human being that return to earth after death.

Wise Up

Watch National Geography and NatGeo Wild and free from long term psychological bondage.
Don't be boxed
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
*Kails*:
Part of my believes in it.
Part of me don't. tongue

It's like some souls i believe recycle.
Every generation will have it's Hitler, Mother Teresa, Obama, Jesus, etc.

But then one must ask, if this is the case, then how could one explain the billions of people who are now here, but not before?

how is it possible to go from 2 billion to 7+ billion if reincarnation is real?

Who knows? undecided All I know is, I don't want to come back! tongue
Unless God has rebuilt the Earth and I can come back as an ancient person. grin

i can explain that. as the population decreases, the resources (Animal, plantlife for eg., ) decreases to feed the growing population , and thereby maintain the balance. now animal and plantlife also have spiritual Energy/Soul. so you see the Spiritual Energy is still being recycled. however in excess, it can be fatal. it is upto us to curb this abnormal growth.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by azyaq(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
According to quran their is nothing like reincarnation if U̶̲̥̅̊ ar dead U̶̲̥̅̊ ar dead, but while on earth if U̶̲̥̅̊ ar d type that open ur unclothedness without caution d jinn will picture ur image nd put it on when U̶̲̥̅̊ ar dead, so they will they will begin to react as if is real being. So becareful of our U̶̲̥̅̊ open ur body
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
street-soldier:

Whatz the first law of physics?? Don't just come here and start talking trash!!!!

SHUT UP YOU FOOL! I NEVER TALK TRASH! angry angry angry angry

the first Law of Physics states that (material) Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it is conserved. Since the SPiritual World is a Complement/Reflection of the MAterial World, Spiritual ENergy (Soul) can neither be Created nor destroyed, it is conserved.

This has some connections also with the parallel Universe Theory. more Pagan research / Pagan Sciences needs to be done. The ancestors of old knew after all. .
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Abali1: As a Christain I don't/shouldn't believe in it.
But when I was a kid, some people from my fathers family believe that I am a reincarnation of my grandfather.
Reason: there are certain marks at different strategic places on my body that gives them that idea. Till date, some of my fathers people still call me Dede (the title used in addressing my grandfather).

Christianity is a tool to surpress the ancient knowledge,thereby keep the population ingnorant.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by nokingasgod: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
Whymee: Africa magic hallucination,

Prove it to me that cows, ram, hen that are brutally killed in slotters slab reincarnate.

Why is it that it is only human being that return to earth after death.

Wise Up

Watch National Geography and NatGeo Wild and free from long term psychological bondage.
Don't be boxed
IGNORAMUS, ANIMALS DON'T HAVE SPIRITS BUT THEY HAVE SOULS. IN THE SOULS OF HUMAN BEINGS ARE SPIRITS AS THE CORE ESSENCE AND THIS IS LACKING IN ANIMALS!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Revolva(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
cool Re incarnation is real for all you that don't know its real - if the same bible speaks about jesus re incarnated then that's is enough - ok
Well take a look at abe lincoln - jf kennedy , martin luther king - Barack Obama. And many more even as we inherit our grandfather looks its all part of it - sometimes when some parent look at their kids they just remember their own grandparent and say haa!! Dis my pikin na my grandpapaer be dis oo in everything looks , characters ...
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by FrankC3: 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
I strongly believe in re-incarnation. I cannot really prove it to the satisfaction of any body, but my finite mind can only explain certain infinite occurrences and events by this theory. Reincarnation is real!
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Oahray: 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Airheads! If the body perishes and it is an immortal soul that gets reincarnated, why is it you guys believe reincarnation because of facial resemblance and even body marks? Are those things imprinted on the immortal soul too?

How a christian or muslim can believe in reincarnation and still beleive in hellfire beats me. Do people get reincarnated and yet burn in hellfire of enjoy in heaven/paradise at the same time?

Contrary to what some people here have stated in previous posts, the bible doesnt teach reincarnation. Dunno where you guys saw all that. The bible says "the SOUL that is sinning will DIE" -Ezekiel 18:4. How does that agree with reincarnation?

Somewhere in the 19th century, the population of mankind was around a mere 2billion. 2centuries later (21st century), it is 7billion. If souls are neither created nor destroyed but simply reincarnated as you guys believe, where did the extra 5billion souls come from?

The wisdom of the world is foolishness!
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by nokingasgod: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2012
REINCARNATION IS REAL. Whether it is acknowledge or not is immaterial and does not diminish the truth of its reality. It is a Divine Law which will take its course either we accept it or not. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is Nigerian president, this is irrefutable and constant and not subject to any logical debate. Probably the election was rigged, he is a weak president, his party was bad etc. He is the president pure and simple. Believing or not in reincarnation is not pre-requisites for salvation.Like a writer once said, ''When a child throws a ball into the air, the ball comes down again even if he or she has never heard of Isaac Newton. So it works with or without our knowledge''.

The spirit of a man knows no barrier, never dies and can be projected to any part of the world. THere are evidences that human beings of today are all recycled spirits with the last chance for them to right some wrongs, pay some debts in order for them to be able to ascent. This is by the Grace and Mercies of the Creator.

THere are allusions in the bible about reincarnation and as been noted previously, a good reference will be where Jesus identified John the Baptist as Elijah.''And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear''.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
nokingasgod:
IGNORAMUS, ANIMALS DON'T HAVE SPIRITS BUT THEY HAVE SOULS. IN THE SOULS OF HUMAN BEINGS ARE SPIRITS AS THE CORE ESSENCE AND THIS IS LACKING IN ANIMALS!

NO YOU JUST SHUT UP! SOULS AND SPIRITS ARE SIMILAR THNGS! ANIMALS HAVE IT TOO! JUST SHUT UP! YOU AND YOUR MAN-WORSHIP! angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2012
bojar: If you believed in re-incarnation, then your tombstone should read "BRB" and not "RIP"

Most thought-provoking comment. Noted
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2012

Why? It clearly hasn't cured whatever it is you're suffering from since, in your opinion, anyone who doesn't completely agree with you has mental issues.
You know, you can tell the level of intelligence and maturity of a person as soon as they open their mouth. Read the post you put on and ask yourself where you would rank yourself in intelligence and maturity.
Your arrogance is such that you suggest that people with opposing views "must" be mentally unstable. Take some homework: look up the meaning of idiocy and stew over it a little.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Oahray: Airheads! If the body perishes and it is an immortal soul that gets reincarnated, why is it you guys believe reincarnation because of facial resemblance and even body marks? Are those things imprinted on the immortal soul too?

How a christian or muslim can believe in reincarnation and still beleive in hellfire beats me. Do people get reincarnated and yet burn in hellfire of enjoy in heaven/paradise at the same time?

Contrary to what some people here have stated in previous posts, the bible doesnt teach reincarnation. Dunno where you guys saw all that. The bible says "the SOUL that is sinning will DIE" -Ezekiel 18:4. How does that agree with reincarnation?

Somewhere in the 19th century, the population of mankind was around a mere 2billion. 2centuries later (21st century), it is 7billion. If souls are neither created nor destroyed but simply reincarnated as you guys believe, where did the extra 5billion souls come from?

The wisdom of the world is foolishness!

1. "How a christian or muslim can believe in reincarnation and still beleive in hellfire beats me. Do people get reincarnated and yet burn in hellfire of enjoy in heaven/paradise at the same time?"
- You can't be in two places at once obviously. Why do you merge the two? We are here on earth for a reason and are given several chances to try until we get it right. And like repeating a failed class, after a number of tries you eventually pass (heaven) or fail.
2. "Contrary to what some people here have stated in previous posts, the bible doesnt teach reincarnation. Dunno where you guys saw all that. The bible says "the SOUL that is sinning will DIE" -Ezekiel 18:4. How does that agree with reincarnation?"
- First you completely ignore a direct quotation from your Bible (the quotation included the exact chapter and verse) and claim that you don't know where it is seen in the bible. Then you take the interpretation of that quotation and pose it as a question to a completely different quote that suitably supports your argument. How does that make any sense?
Second, your quote said "the SOUL that is sinning will die". It says "soul", not body. This is correct, the soul that is sinning will die. But it gets several chances to reincarnate in the flesh (body) repeatedly until it rights its ways. Each life is a manifestation of the Creators mercy that you can try again. But yes, the "soul" will die once "if it is sinning" and this happens in the end. And so your quote refutes nothing of what has been said.
Third, go and read the quoted verses, it is in your bible. Don't be so bull headed as to not even try!

"Somewhere in the 19th century, the population of mankind was around a mere 2billion. 2centuries later (21st century), it is 7billion. If souls are neither created nor destroyed but simply reincarnated as you guys believe, where did the extra 5billion souls come from?"
- First, according to your bible, God created Adam and Eve (Adam and Eve ONLY), where did Cane's wife come from?
- Second, if we do reincarnate, where to souls that are recently departed go? Can we see this other world? Do we know how many souls are there waiting for another sojourn on earth?
- The second set of questions should give you an answer to your question. If there were 2 billion souls here on earth then, there must have been 5 billion or more in the beyond waiting on their next incarnation. Now that there are more people here on earth (7 billion) then there must be less waiting on an incarnation.

"The wisdom of the world is foolishness"
- Do you even know what this means? What is wisdom? and of what world does the quote refer to? Don't gamble away your existence on blind faith. It is important to seek the truth bravely and with your eyes and ears wide open.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by bigmaut: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
why did d disciples ask jesus:master who sin that this man was born blind was is it him or his parent?can a man sin & be punished b4 he was born?unless he has existed b4.ezekiel 18:4 the soul that sinneth it shall die.It is talking of spiritual death not physical death d death when d soul shall lost its existence in creation back 2 its primordial state which is d final death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Beauty / Please What Is The Meaning Of Nekwa And Inukwa / Eyonu/Ebe Awon Agba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.