Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? (15594 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by ektbear: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2012
What is the big deal as long as the man gets served?

Nigerian men get spoiled sha

Me, I have to cook my own meals or buy them myself.

Even if a girl(friend) cooks for me, I have to serve it myself.

Na wa for una

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2012
debrief08: Lol Uju, You want to give some people High Blood Pressure you this "westernaised" wife, "soon someone else will serve your husband, maybe the maid self and snatch him, then you will come here and be crying, instead of you to take a teacher or civil service job that will give you time to prepare every meal, keep the house clean and sparkely, and be dressed in the s3xiest nightgown waiting for him when he gets home you are here saying you can't serve your husband. Don't you know that a womans life begins and ends in the kitchen cooking and serving? Don't you see all the desperate women doing night vigil for husband? Do you think having a husband is easy? Stay there and be doing oyibo, one day your husband will be served food and will mumuily enter a land of no return"
Hope I said it right. Uju, a word is enough for the wise, better resign and look for a job that will allow you serve your husband you are here doing oyibo, this is not America oh, Nigerian Men have no self control, and God forbid that he cooks or brings dinner home and serves you, you are looking for trouble, they will snatch your husband oh, na serve and follow, any woman you allow to serve him will carry him and go.
I don't blame you sha, You didn't get the "How to be a Nigerian Wife Manual"

debrief you be comedian o! grin LWKMD for this post. This is such a typical sexist pig comment.

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by ba7man(m): 11:01am On Dec 05, 2012
Maid walks into the living Room from kitchen wiv a tray of "Oga's" food....Looks left and right, the kids aint in sight...Knows madam is still in the kitchen. She starts to sway her hips as she approaches "Oga" sitted at the dinning table....she makes a brief eye-contact wiv him and shyly looks away....she bends xtra-low so he can have a good view of "Bobby Brown". Oga stares... swallows spit...,she turns and walks away shakin them hips. Next meal, the story continues.

7 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by ddippset(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
ba7man: Maid walks into the living Room from kitchen wiv a tray of "Oga's" food....Looks left and right, the kids aint in sight...Knows madam is still in the kitchen. She starts to sway her hips as she approaches "Oga" sitted at the dinning table....she makes a brief eye-contact wiv him and shyly looks away....she bends xtra-low so he can have a good view of "Bobby Brown". Oga stares... swallows spit...,she turns and walks away shakin them hips. Next meal, the story continues.
CRAZY GUY!
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Dalby(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
ba7man: Maid walks into the living Room from kitchen wiv a tray of "Oga's" food....Looks left and right, the kids aint in sight...Knows madam is still in the kitchen. She starts to sway her hips as she approaches "Oga" sitted at the dinning table....she makes a brief eye-contact wiv him and shyly looks away....she bends xtra-low so he can have a good view of "Bobby Brown". Oga stares... swallows spit...,she turns and walks away shakin them hips. Next meal, the story continues.

grin grin grin grin

Well said
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by GentleNaaz(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2012
Immediately a maid begin serve d oga wt smile on ha face, madam knw say water don pass garri. D man don chuk am somtin 4 ha central tendency

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Shinatu: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2012
I wonder why people think having your husband 'snatched' is the worst thing that can happen to the woman?

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 11:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Shinatu: I wonder why people think having your husband 'snatched' is the worst thing that can happen to the woman?

Don't you know that a woman's life cannot go on unless she is married?
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Joyeux: 11:41am On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^^^^
Not true.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Joyeux: ^^^^^^^
Not true.
I was being sarcastic.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Turbocharged: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Na wa o!

Kobo, if you don't mind my asking...why're you always so angry on the threads? undecided

I think say na only me dey notice am.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Xano(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2012
its wrong. If the wife is not at home,the husband should prepare food. In my opinion, he should know how to cook some kind of food,if not all. The husband should prepare food for his wife when he's home early. The husband and his wife should help each other.

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Elebiju: 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
debrief08: Thank God for real men sha who don't mind cooking an actually serving others, and who have better things to occupy their minds thaan being served hand and foot while they read paper and watch ball.
here comes another feminist,I know ur type and d kinda man u want,u need a mugu that will do d cooking,laundry even d baby's diapers and ur f..king undies abi?I do the cooking sometimes if my babe is tired but not as a chore,I'll only agree to d maid serving me if only she can serve me in bed
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Elebiju: 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
debrief08: Thank God for real men sha who don't mind cooking an actually serving others, and who have better things to occupy their minds thaan being served hand and foot while they read paper and watch ball.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Elebiju: 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
ekt_bear: What is the big deal as long as the man gets served?

Nigerian men get spoiled sha

Me, I have to cook my own meals or buy them myself.

Even if a girl(friend) cooks for me, I have to serve it myself.

Na wa for una
are u a dyslexic?is it abt gf or maid serving d husband,if u like no serve urself even if na mad woman u marry e no concern us
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by kemifemi: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=[CHocolaTE]]

Don't you know that a woman's life cannot go on unless she is married?[/quote

I beg to differ. A woman's life can go on well whether she's married or not!

At poster,
most men that cheat on their wives have the best wives in town. A man that will cheat will cheat even if you cook and serve him all the days of his life,
Even if she's a great cook,housekeeper et al, if a man wants to cheat, he will.

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Mavor: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Efemena_xy: It's quite simple really.

The bit in bold got me wondering.

You're lashing out. Why?
It is called guilty conscience. Probably she suspects her maid is serving more than just food to her husband while she galavants all over town and buys every asoebi and goes to all the happening weddings and obitos.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by LongOne1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
torres2: please i have seen people talk about maid serving the husband on this...what your view on this? Right or wrong

Not comfortable with it to be honest, prefer family life without outsiders. I cook well, made a 3-course meal the other day, which was finger licking good, literally.

Heck, I probably do it my grandpa’s style depending on my location, using a cook if need be, which will be strictly professional with defined daily hours, and without accommodation.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by ifyalways(f): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Biko, what do we mean by "serve" ? I be proper Igbotic girl and needs it broken down to avoid asiri .

Is it cooking? Or dishing out food? Abi doing eba and heating up soup? Or na to put food, drinking water, toothpick, serviettes et all on the dining table then walk sheepishly to say " Oga sir, your food is ready"

The husband that's waiting to be "served" (whatever that means) is he physically challenged undecided

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by oyin50(f): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shinatu: I wonder why people think having your husband 'snatched' is the worst thing that can happen to the woman?
. Ideally, the answer to this question is determined by individual priorities. To some being divorced or single is nightmarish and not on their agendas, to some being single or divorce is hip and could care less of having multiple partners.

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Solozzo(m): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
In reality why can't the man serve his own meals? If the kitchen is kept clean and orderly one can dish out meals for himself. The women use this "let me serve you" attitude to ensure control over the man, so he gets fat and lazy, and unable to live without a wife or any woman for that matter. Men on their part use this phenomenon to show domination over women.

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Solozzo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
ifyalways: Biko, what do we mean by "serve" ? I be proper Igbotic girl and needs it broken down to avoid asiri .

Is it cooking? Or dishing out food? Abi doing eba and heating up soup? Or na to put food, drinking water, toothpick, serviettes et all on the dining table then walk sheepishly to say " Oga sir, your food is ready"

The husband that's waiting to be "served" (whatever that means) is he physically challenged undecided

I wonder o!!
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
What kind of servin if i may ask? Is it the toto servin or what? I just dont gerrit....As for me, only my wife will serve me everythin kiss
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by LongOne1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
ifyalways: Biko, what do we mean by "serve" ? I be proper Igbotic girl and needs it broken down to avoid asiri .

I think it involves all of the above.

Something to think about, when you provide children food, do you ‘give’ them or ‘serve’ them?
If I were a child, and you told me to serve myself, mehn, that your pot of soup is in serious trouble, particularly the meat.

Come to think of it, even as an adult (e.g. husband), the above, applies.
Therefore, to prevent aggravation and instant reduction of possibly ‘limited’ resources, is it not better for the cook (wife) in this instance to 'serve'?
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by miredia(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
I personally don't see anything absurd in having a maid serve me food, however what would rather be bizzare is having my wife cross her legs, without being indisposed, no house help at home and expect me to go grab my meal. I will shout o.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Solozzo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Xano: its wrong. If the wife is not at home,the husband should prepare food. In my opinion, he should know how to cook some kind of food,if not all. The husband should prepare food for his wife when he's home early. The husband and his wife should help each other.

Correct theoretically but most Nigerian women have been brought up to cook and do the housework without question. They feel threatened by a husband who does those things for himself.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by HyconBc: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
If she fine, NICE,if she no fine make she no even come my side...na she and my wife get word
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Xano(m): 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Solozzo:

Correct theoretically but most Nigerian women have been brought up to cook and do the housework without question. They feel threatened by a husband who does those things for himself.

its practical. Its already been done. Before she said, "i do",among others, she knew he can cook. She should not be threatened by it, but be delighted.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Candybob(m): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is careless to just let anybody serve you meals! A wife should take care of the food, other chores can be assigned to the helps.
As for me, i might just empty the soup of all the orisirisi and encouragements while tasting if i venture into the kitchen.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
miredia: however what would rather be bizzare is having my wife cross her legs, without being indisposed, no house help at home and expect me to go grab my meal. I will shout o.

You are correct sir. Women are supposed to serve their husbands food whether they like it or not.
I don't understand these modern day women that think women are equal to men. Women should show their inferiority by serving food to their husbands instead of waiting for the husband to serve himself.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by asiwaju2000(m): 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is the best at all.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hehehe..... maid serving food? why not put the whole pot on the table for everybody to serve themselves? Abi what's the ceremony about eating that's not gonna last half hour? Naija I hail thee o! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Aging Scare You? / Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. / 4 Lessons I Learned From My Abusive Father About Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.