Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) (14094 Views)

Louise Jaiyeola Oduyoye Develops Neva, An Emergency Power Backup For Surgeons / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / Meet Nigerian 28-year-old ‘rocket Inventor’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by danikik7: 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
The FG should ensure this rear gem do not leave Nigeria shores,he should be encouraged and any demand from outside for him or traveling overseas should be discouraged.If given the necessary tools we shall ho places.
More grease !
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by texazzpete(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
matrixme: 'Bad-Belle' people at work here.. Black people with black mind. At least he has launched a rocket. What have you launched? Insults? I wish him the best at his dreams. If he keeps getting dissatisfied with the status-quo, he will join the league of scientists at NASA.

NASA?! With this high school science project? Don't make me laugh. Your mind is so simple...how little you know!
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by tomiedatlo: 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
OL
pDude: lOCAL TECHNOLOGY grin
lol na small small
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Ibime(m): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2012
Reading this thread just let me know the level of ignorance in Nigeria, and the defeated psyche of the Nigerian populace.

Busy lauding a high school project.

Some foolish Professors even asking Government to sponsor the guy.

I bet he achieved a first class degree for this.

The guy that said his knockout travelled more than 35 metres wasnt lying.

Hooray! Nigerian university student plagiarises sugar rocket formula to make a rocket which ten year old boys are making all over the world and mumu journalist is lauding his achievement.

I dont know who is more at fault, the journalist or the foolish Professors.

Just google "sugar rocket" and you would know that the journalist who made this into a story deserves to be sacked immediately.

4 Likes

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by uzoexcel(m): 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!lwkmd.....u be idottttttt...lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Aro Okigbo: Why this interest in rockets?
Is he a muslim?
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abeg, this thing looks like a giant knockout or banger. This is no where a rocket technology!
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by ABAKA72(m): 12:21am On Dec 05, 2012
Hope dey
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by matrixme(m): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2012
texazzpete:

NASA?! With this high school science project? Don't make me laugh. Your mind is so simple...how little you know!
I think you're the simple-minded one here Sire! If you weren't able to decode the last part of the statement easily, then it means if he keeps working hard in 'simple-minded' terms... He had to start from somewhere anyway, as most popular scientists did.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by EDDYIYKE(m): 3:41am On Dec 05, 2012
D guy really tried. I commend him 4 dt.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Dignitary: 4:55am On Dec 05, 2012
Only ppl in Nigeria will hail this as an achievement.

Actually tot the said 'inventor' is not in school ( like an illiterate)

It was when i read the second time that I discovered he's in the uni!!! This is an embarrassment!!!

It goes a long way to show how backward Nigeria's educational system is!!!

Some peeps have been saying he will be snapped up by d US....I'm still laughing grin

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by COOLDUN: 5:54am On Dec 05, 2012
baysol: ;DEgbunigwe for another Biafra war. What and achievement, hope this one will fly past river niger this time around. The boy resemble kidnapper sef maybe na another kidnapping wepon in the offin.

Arrogant witch/wizard, which one can you and your entire linage boast of inventing? Your people are only good in inventing, jealousy, hatred, bigotry, stray children, and area boy/men. Keep on killing yourselves for nothing, while others are busy making use of their brains. Good for nothing Ele Ero offspring.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by COOLDUN: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2012
baysol: ;DEgbunigwe for another Biafra war. What and achievement, hope this one will fly past river niger this time around. The boy resemble kidnapper sef maybe na another kidnapping wepon in the offin.

Arrogant witch/wizard, which one can you and your linage boast of inventing? Your people are only good in inventing, jealousy, hatred, bigotry, stray children, and area boys/men. Keep on killing yourselves for nothing, while others are busy making use of their brains. Good for nothing Ele Ero offspring.

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by crisycent: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2012
This one na fireworks....is this a rocket?
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Austinodark(m): 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Clemzy16: Good one! With more of those Rockets and a little improvement. The U.S is no match to Nigeria.
no match to Biafra u mean
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by donilalasky: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2012
afroxy :Pz:

​​U̶̲̥̅̊ be heavy mumu
Shut the Bleep up, the guy is saying the truth. It's belated! We shud have gone farther than this in technological development. Kudos 2d boy sha, but by the time we perfect ours, the world would have ended.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by georgesylva(m): 8:23am On Dec 05, 2012
Clemzy16: Good one! With more of those Rockets and a little improvement. The U.S is no match to Nigeria.
US is a billion mile away. Sorry.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by AjanleKoko: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2012
matrixme:
I think you're the simple-minded one here Sire! If you weren't able to decode the last part of the statement easily, then it means if he keeps working hard in 'simple-minded' terms... He had to start from somewhere anyway, as most popular scientists did.

Oga,
The Chinese were building rockets more than five thousand years ago.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by adim2(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2012
Some nigerians A̶̲̥̅я̲̅é̸ just fools. A young man tot of something, executed it with τ̲̅ђe little money he had aπϑ some people r here typing rubbish. Have U̶̲̥̅̊ asked yourself ђã†̥ will happen when he is given adequate back up? Τ̲̅ђe haters typing rubbish over τ̲̅ђe internet have not even thought of anything rather they go about reading theories why D̶̲̥̅̊☺̣̣̥̇ŋ't Ɣøû apply those theories Ɣøû know like τ̲̅ђe young man has done aπϑ see if it works or not. But rather we choose to kill our people aπϑ compare them with τ̲̅ђe whites. And we make τ̲̅ђe whites superior. Had its been Bill Gate was from nigeria people would not have seen τ̲̅ђe good i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his dream but today nigerians A̶̲̥̅я̲̅é̸ rushing to get microsoft product. To all τ̲̅ђe haters keep killing your dreams aπϑ continue to encourage τ̲̅ђe white mans achievement maybe that way nigeria will get better. No wonder King Leopard said to τ̲̅ђe missionaries teach τ̲̅ђe blacks to read aπϑ not to reason
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Parkac(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2012
I bet that all this people hating and criticizing the story did copy n paste in their various projects. that is if they know where a university is.
Get a LIFE and appreciate good things b4 ur success door will be closed for jealousy.
The guy is my classmate thou. HAPPY 4 HIM smiley
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Catchfire1: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Abyjah:

Small mind busy trying to stop the gospel. Just like Napoleon the great, you'll soon cry out that God almighty is too much for you.

I wanna still talk about Jesus.

How He made it clear that he that is not for us is against us. Sons of perdition.

you are a Goat!

Am almost certain you will end up in hell somewhere bad
angry angry

You de use God Play ba?
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Gnosticmovement(m): 10:52am On Dec 05, 2012
but this sugar rocket thing is all over google and wikihow...its not a new tin na..its even a do it urself project for kids...i dnt just get the professors ovation for this..hmmm..its like me making an astable multivibrator circuit and submittn it as a project to my sch (pti)....its laughable really....cmon dis is just copy and paste...young man try again later
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by playcharles(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2012
mtweech....that one na newsss,,, what about knockout or banger, no b nija here them they do am
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Capnd143(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
pDude: THE KNOCKOUT I FIRED ON 4TH OF JULY WENT HIGHER THAN 35 METRES cheesy
did you manafucture it? Common knockout you can't manafucter, its people like you that kills 9ja young talents.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Gnosticmovement(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Capnd143: did you manafucture it? Common knockout you can't manafucter, its people like you that kills 9ja young talents.
so na achievement say nigerian physicist build knockout?....nigerians dey fall my hand...dats hw dey all fell for d stu.pid story of urine generator.....calling it an invention...sugar rocket for a physicist to present as a project only shows hw bad our educational system is.....if u like argue , it wont change it....
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by samfibby(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
I hope the next 10 years he is forced to seek a job in of our nations misled ministry.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by adim2(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2012
The haters are there hating. When russian, america, chinese intelligence are just looking for a way to take him away. And i bet you, this is another brain that nigeria will lose to the white. If you like sit there and criticise instead of typing on google and doing the same thing he did and let the white come for you. This is another Emiahgwale that nigeria will miss. Hate or no hate the boy don dey grow.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by hod898(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thats a good brain work wink
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2013
I am sorry to say this but this is not worth congratulating unless it is for personal reasons. since the early 80's you can buy rocket kits from single stage to sophisticated multi-stage rockets, carbon or fuel with radio and location devices. any American interested can simply bu and build the kit. So this guy builds it himself, the tech is everywhere and well known, there is zero advantage re-inventing the wheel that looks, outdated, works outdated and is outdated.. If he per chance invented a new fuel dispensing system that is far optimal that today's tech, then maybe he deserveds praise. BTW has he flown abroad for further studies having built this grand firecracker grin
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Nicepoker(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
now i know sum nigerians are stupid . Sum 1 launched a crap that went just 35m and u cal that an achievement they even post it online its so shameful. If china did such they wont even let most part of their country aware let alone the whold world. By the way they said armature. So the pofesional level is left 4 who.
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Opoki(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
hmmm
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by Opoki(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
[size=80pt]Do you call this a rocket? sad shocked cry undecided lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) by hiuser(m): 1:25am On May 18, 2013
In this painting we see the atmosphere like a wardrobe hanger here :

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Earth%27s_atmosphere.svg[/img]

The height is like going from Lagos to Abuja in KM! Now if you build a Rocket with this in mind that in every atmosphere you will travel a certain distance so you will reserve fuel to blast into all allocations and then it can go into orbit properly?

The rocket will consist of many compartments(slide on a pole - space compass) just to do the flight? 2x as much to come back?? Noooo the air pressure is different! So how much fuel do you buy to go and come back?

Naira can't discover what is in your tank! Funnel?

Go to your physics teacher and and..

Blue light is scattered more than other wavelengths by the gases in the atmosphere, giving the Earth a blue halo when seen from space onboard ISS at a height of '402 - 424' km.

In Mars it's red so it's ehm..higher?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Artificial Intelligence May End Up Ruining Our Lives / What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. / Ikeja Electric Upgrades Mobile App For Better Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.