Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5766899 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
I wondered also grin
wheat or not our soups alone is full of calories.
Girl, no swallow for breakfast or dinner wink Only lunch.

babyosisi:

Breakfast kwa
Biko what is lunch
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
grin
I don cook ogbono. Oh taste so good with hot eba I forget to snap pic

moca:
Armyofone,i dey envy u o.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LilMizzGood(f): 9:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
This is what I have been eating during my time away from Nairaland, the last one is for my little man, teaching him to eat healthy lol. FYI everything is home made, fresh ingredients.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
babyosisi:

Breakfast kwa
Biko what is lunch
He only eats breakfast and dinner. I just came in now so I don't know what others ate while I was out but we all had noodles in the morning as out breakfast except dad who is use to eating swallow to work.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by knuckle01: 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
My first try on paratas courtesy of my Indian buddy

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by knuckle01: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
datalossvictim1:

Skane
Nice... I think skåne is the best county
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
babyosisi:

Zubby is a spoilt man
He knows no woman will treat him this good grin
Aww. Now I want to get married. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LieDetector(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Herzumpther:
He only eats breakfast and dinner. I just came in now so I don't know what others ate while I was out but we all had noodles in the morning as out breakfast except dad who is use to eating swallow to work.
mzmariah, guess who's calling
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
I made samosa. an Indian appetizer
This is the veggie version.
You can also use chicken or most commonly beef
Very yummy.
It turned out so good I surprised myself being that this is my first attempt. smiley

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2015
Ready.
Been licking my fingers grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
Ready.
looks like meat pie to me. Get it here let me help u taste it more.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Mar 05, 2015
missberrypop5:
looks like meat pie to me. Get it here let me help u taste it more.

No meat. Just pure veggies
Fried and not baked
Crisp and crunchy unlike meat pie.

Come have more than one cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:

No meat. Just pure veggies
Fried and not baked
Crisp and crunchy unlike meat pie.

Come have more than one cheesy

i can imagin the taste. What am i doing here? I coming to have more that one o
hehehehehehehehehehehe
*running to obodo oyibo.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
Ready.
Cococandy!!! angry embarassed sad cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2015
missberrypop5:
i can imagin the taste. What am i doing here? I coming to have more that one o
hehehehehehehehehehehe
*running to obodo oyibo.
Me sef I'm coming with you. This intimidation is too much. angry embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:16am On Mar 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
Cococandy!!! angry embarassed sad cry
you're welcome to come and join smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 7:21am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
you're welcome to come and join smiley
Where exactly are you? Lemme know where I'm coming. Lemme know if it's Dubai. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Juliesexy(f): 8:07am On Mar 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
Aww. Now I want to get married. embarassed
And what are you waiting for? tongue grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
Ready.
I now believe you are out to get me!
How can u be posting such yummy looking snack & expect one not to atleast salivate?
Please, can I have the receipe for the filling? Thanks dear.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
I made samosa. an Indian appetizer
This is the veggie version.
You can also use chicken or most commonly beef
Very yummy.
It turned out so good I surprised myself being that this is my first attempt. smiley

This looks appetizing oo...i think I need a wife wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
Where exactly are you? Lemme know where I'm coming. Lemme know if it's Dubai. grin

Not Dubai. grin see thief.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Kizmarty:

This looks appetizing oo...i think I need a wife wink
pay me I'll find one for you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:

Not Dubai. grin see thief.
If not Dubai, where then? cheesy

Shebi they said for Nigerians, they must be 40 and above before they'd be allowed into Dubai? Unless you have someone there already who's ready to see to your stay. cry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
pay me I'll find one for you
shocked
You serious?
I nor dey play with this kind matter o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
cutiereborn:

I now believe you are out to get me!
How can u be posting such yummy looking snack & expect one not to atleast salivate?
Please, can I have the receipe for the filling? Thanks dear.

smiley

Very simple to make

Use your favorite veggies.
Minus broccoli or cauliflower (I hate those two)

I used green beans, egg plant, sweet corn,carrot,potato, onions,mushroom and spinach leaf.

Chilli pepper (ground)
Garlic
Salt
Half cup water
Accent seasoning(my personal favorite smiley )
Chicken flavor seasoning or maggi chicken
Boil the potato and dice.
Dice and fry your onions with curry and a pinch garlic.
Add the other veggies and let cook until carrots and green beans are soft.
Add the water and then Add mushroom,sweet corn,eggplant and spinach greens last because they cook at two minutes tops.

Then put your already diced boiled potatoes.
add little chilli pepper according to your taste but don't let it get too spicy

Salt and seasoning last according to your taste.
If it is too runny,add a teaspoonful of plain flour to thicken it

Let cool and use it to fill your pastry/dough before frying.

Don't make the dough too soft or too think or too thick either.

You get the general idea from my pic but I should have made my dough a bit stiffer so it would be crunchier.

The samosa should be Crisp and crunchy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside.

Make your dough stiff but not too hard to roll or cut.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
If not Dubai, where then? cheesy

Shebi they said for Nigerians, they must be 40 and above before they'd be allowed into Dubai? Unless you have someone there already who's ready to see to your stay. cry
i don't know my dear.
I've only been to Dubai once in my life and it was just a stopover flight to somewhere else.

I didn't even leave the airport lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Kizmarty:
shocked
You serious?
I nor dey play with this kind matter o
grin

Ok na play.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JoeCutie(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:
i don't know my dear.
I've only been to Dubai once in my life and it was just a stopover flight to somewhere else.

I didn't even leave the airport lipsrsealed

Naija bad boys and girls have shattered my ambition of going to Dubai soon. Now I'll have to wait until I turn 40. That'd be in the next 50 years. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:

smiley

Very simple to make

I used green beans, egg plant, sweet corn,carrot,potato, onions,mushroom and spinach leaf.

Chilli pepper (ground)
Garlic
Salt
Half cup water
Add the water and then Add mushroom,sweet corn,eggplant and spinach greens last because they cook at two minutes tops.

You get the general idea from my pic but I should have made my dough a bit stiffer so it would be crunchier.

The samosa should be Crisp and crunchy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside.

Thank you so much. Will try this soon hopefully.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by christabeli: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
cococandy:

smiley

Very simple to make

Chilli pepper (ground)
Garlic
Salt
Half cup water

Thanks . Please how can I make the dough
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
Breakfast- Noodles.

Lunch- Rice and beans with chicken/fish stew.

Dinner- unripe plantain pottage.

Pics has refuse to upload o. I don resize tire. sad

Now I can rest for today.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
christabeli:
Thanks . Please how can I make the dough

Mix one and half cups of flour with half teaspoonful of salt and two teaspoonfuls of vegetable oil . Rub in the oil thoroughly until absorbed by the flour.

Add half cup water gradually until you have a thick dough.
Start kneading the dough until it becomes very stretchy. If it sticks to your hands, put dry flour on both surfaces of your palms and keep kneading.

Note that the more you knead the tougher it becomes. You don't want to too hard to roll.

So stop when you've gotten a consistency that you can roll easily and at the same time be able to cut it shape.
Cover for fifteen minutes.

Then cut a handful of dough and roll into a flat circle. Cut the circle into three equal triangles (picture 1)

Fold each triangle into a cone using a little flour mixed with water to form a paste to secure the sides. (Picture two) One edge will stick out on top(pic 3)

Put your filling and fold the edge sticking out on top over the cone. Secure with more flour paste (pic 4) and set aside until you've done all of them and then start frying.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.