Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5732221 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MadCow1: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
spykid014:
My first attempt at Abacha ( African Salad ) making. Tasted even yummier than it looks. cheesy cheesy wink

Nice one.. I fit die on top Abacha matter. grin

Your final product looks quite soaked though, but not a bad attempt at all.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

grin

Lol... Thanks bro.. grin

And I did work for an oil and gas company, now I run my own company but still in the oil and gas sector.
nooooo wondaa!! cheesy

finally attained boss status smiley will join u guys soon wink

just read about yo mad little calves grin grin I'm really very sorry about them but can't help cracking up when I remember the phrase "mad little calves" grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MadCow1: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nmeri17:
nooooo wondaa!! cheesy

finally attained boss status smiley will join u guys soon wink

just read about yo mad little calves grin grin I'm really very sorry about them but can't help cracking up when I remember the phrase "mad little calves" grin

Thanks bro.. grin

Sad indeed but I know that all will be well..

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
So whose food did i post if not mine?

vokalguy:

Post YOUR OWN FOOD!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2015
saiprojects:
So whose food did i post if not mine?

Apologies! Thought you were one of those who copy & paste YouTube links... You are pretty legit, and good at what u do smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
No worries thanks for the apology; hope you've watched my videos and subscribed :-) stay blessed...
vokalguy:

Apologies! Thought you were one of those who copy & paste YouTube links... You are pretty legit, and good at what u do smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ladynice: 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
Dreamsinbc:
@ladynice, ok.

First thing to note, Anambra people don't joke with dry fish and okporoko inside soup.

Boil cocoyam and pound, set aside.

Boil meat with salt and maggi, when meat is almost done, add stock fish and dry fish. Add pepper (the ultimate in Oha and Bitter leaf is yellow pepper). Yellow pepper adds an aroma and taste that basic atarodo or dry pepper don't.

You may need to add some liquid at this point if your stock is drying out. Bring stock to a boil.

The easy way is to add crayfish, ogili (locust bean paste), palm oil and boiled cocoyam at this point, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes, till the cocoyam is dissolved.

Stir and taste. Add maggi, salt to taste. At this point, some people add ground uziza seeds, some don't. It's up to you.

Add your oha or bitterleaf. Stir once, and leave to simmer for about 2-4 minutes, depending on how soft you like your vegetable. I prefer less time, personally.

The soup should not be watery, but not too thick either.

*ask in the market for washed Anambra bitter leaf- it's longer than the other type. You still have to wash it well o.

thanks alot I appreciate
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spykid014(f): 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
MadCow1:

Nice one.. I fit die on top Abacha matter. grin

Your final product looks quite soaked though, but not a bad attempt at all.

Lol. Yes. I left in water for a long time. I actually forgot it. When I realised it was too soft ,it was late already as i had mixed it in the paste in the mortar. I would have thrown that away and soaked another. The raw abacha boku for here, straight from the east.
Everyone chop this over - soaked one sha, lick plate. I as so happy eh.
Anyway, I've learnt. Would be better at next try, I hope.

Thanks tho.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ladynice: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2015
thanks alot @ dreamsinbc
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spykid014(f): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2015
Teespice:

looks really nice.

when last did I eat Abacha. now I am hungry.

Daluu. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
cococandy:
yummy. I'm gonna try that plantain dish. What vegetable leaf did you use?

I don't even know.
The thing looks like ugu tongue grin

First time using it, not bad.
Ok, I just Googled it

Its called Chard.
When I was eating it.I could fell more blood forming in my body cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chillis: 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
saiprojects:
Rice and Peas with Oxtail Curry:-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysqbqQwt27w

http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2015/03/rice-and-peas-with-oxtail-curry.html

This is like the best meat if properly seasoned and cooked.

Difficult to fishout but taste great .

Nice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thanks that's why its essential to cook it for long so that the meat is super soft and easy to fishout; hope you've watched the video and subscribed wink
Chillis:

This is like the best meat if properly seasoned and cooked.

Difficult to fishout but taste great .

Nice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TrishaP(f): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nmeri17:
ho pee o smiley hi don cook hanoda won eo smiley disi wan geti fish hinsai smiley kiss
You wee not kee person. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
TrishaP:

You wee not kee person. grin grin
kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
Chillis:

I don't even know.
The thing looks like ugu tongue grin

First time using it, not bad.
Ok, I just Googled it

Its called Chard.
When I was eating it.I could fell more blood forming in my body cheesy
you're so funny grin

Anyway if i don't find it, I will use spinach

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 29, 2015
Nobody is cooking today abi
Because of election
Are you people fasting?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:06am On Mar 29, 2015
babyosisi:
Nobody is cooking today abi
Because of election
Are you people fasting?
grin

Egusi soup
Roasted chicken.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spykid014(f): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sunday rice.

Ofe akwu, white rice and dodo.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
spykid014:
Sunday rice.

Think I will have mine with pounded yam pls
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spykid014(f): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
vokalguy:

Think I will have mine with pounded yam pls

Ok. That's if it'll be you doing the pounding.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
cococandy:
grin

Egusi soup
Roasted chicken.
Yummy, is that pounded yam to go with the egusi?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
spykid014:
Sunday rice.

Ofe akwu, e have tey! tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
cutiereborn:

Yummy, is that pounded yam to go with the egusi?

Yep wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Happy Sunday y'all

Lunch is served

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Getting there
Wish me luck
This job ko easy ra ra o

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ok
Now let me do the needful grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
The Lord is worthy to be praised
May all glory,all power and all might be unto him for his mercies endureth forever

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
Don't judge my Sunday meal grin ; Baked Freshwater Salmon w tomatoes , Rice Pilaf and corn on a cob.
Dig in.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: korexes(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.