Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754166 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2015
Akposy, welcome back. We missed you but don't tell me you ran from school cuz of the election??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2015
Kimoni:
Akposy, welcome back. We missed you but don't tell me you ran from school cuz of the election??
Tanx..... Am still in skool ooo, just dat am done with most of my course outline
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 23, 2015
Akposy:

Tanx..... Am still in skool ooo, just dat am done with most of my course outline
Welcome back. You've been missed.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FOREXMARTS: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
Chaii iyaffff teeeh oh. What did I miss?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nmeri17: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
everyone uploading their cooked food pics and u think I'm gonna be left out?? hell no!! angry

PS: my meat/fish is camera shy + I'm vegetarian at times cool wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nmeri17:
everyone uploading their cooked food pics and u think I'm gonna be left out?? hell no!! angry

PS: my meat/fish is camera shy + I'm vegetarian at times cool wink

Don't worry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Nigerian Chicken Curry. Very different from the curry you're used to. No cumin, cardamom, etc. I used good old Uziza seed, ehuru, and bay leaf. It was very simple, you can ask me to post the recipe, or find it here:
http://fruitfulkitchen.org/nigerian-chicken-curry-and-a-giveaway/

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 24, 2015
Dreamsinbc:
Nigerian Chicken Curry. Very different from the curry you're used to. No cumin, cardamom, etc. I used good old Uziza seed, ehuru, and bay leaf. It was very simple, you can ask me to post the recipe, or find it here:
http://fruitfulkitchen.org/nigerian-chicken-curry-and-a-giveaway/
Post your recipe please.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Herzumpther:
Welcome back. You've been missed.
Thank u madamoiselle Herzumpther
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vhickky(f): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2015
semovita and spinach , rice and beans

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
Nigerian chicken curry

Ingredients

1 medium chicken, cut into parts

1 small onion, minced

1/2 tablespoon of uziza seeds/ashanti pepper

2 Ehuru pods/calabash nutmeg

2 stock cubes

1/2 tablespoon of salt

2 tablespoons of olive oil

2 bay leaves

1 tablespoon of cornstarch

Method

Toast the uziza seeds, bay leaves and ehuru in a dry pan till the uziza seeds start "dancing" in the pan, about 2 minutes on high heat.

Grind the uziza, ehuru, and bay leaves till fine. If you can't get it too fine, sift it.

Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, and brown on each side for 1 minute each. Remove from pan.

To the same pan, add the minced onion. Stir, and add the ground uziza mixture. Stir continously for 2 minutes.

Add 4 cups of water, salt and stock cubes. Bring to a boil, and add chicken. Lower the heat, and cover the pot for 15 minutes.

Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water. Add to the chicken. Simmer for 1 minute, and take off the heat.
Serve!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
Breakfast of rice, spag, plantain, fish and egg.

Lunch of oha soup with fufu.

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ladynice: 10:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Gudmorning everyone I have been enjoying dis thread seriously learning how 2 cook everyday & now am preparing 4 my wedding by july & my husbands 2 b likes oha & bitter leave soup & I dont knw hw 2 prepare them pls house give me recipes & other suggestions of soup dat wil contain vegetables
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
ladynice:
Gudmorning everyone I have been enjoying dis thread seriously learning how 2 cook everyday & now am preparing 4 my wedding by july & my husbands 2 b likes oha & bitter leave soup & I dont knw hw 2 prepare them pls house give me recipes & other suggestions of soup dat wil contain vegetables
n

Hmmmmmmm....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
ladynice:

The only major difference between those 2 soups is the leaves. You use basically the same base for both of them. Now, where is your husband from? Anambra? Imo? I ask because Anambra people use longer bitter leaves, and cocoyam instead of achi to thicken the soup.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
nagoma:
3 DAYS TO PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION PLEASE IGNORE ALL
THE INSULTS FROM THE PDP THUGS ON NL
and CONSIDER THESE FACTORS BEFORE VOTING;

1. The Chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8. Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oil theft
11. Perpetual Power outage
12. Selling of NEPA to cronies and no
results.
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed NEPA Bills
15. ASUU & Poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
19. Stella Oduah Aviation Scam
20. Kerosene subsidy
21. Insurgency.
22. Pardon granted to treasury looters
22. Asked to declare assets... Response ..'I
dont give a damn'!
23. Asked questions on Economy..
Response.. 'I am not in charge'
24. Refusal to meet Chibok girls parents
until a small girl forced him
25. Foreign reserve depleted to zero
26. Nigeria debt paid by Obasanjo. Now
Nigeria is back into debt!
27. Not a single criminal in govt has been
apprehended or prosecuted
28. Quote of the year: Stealing is not
Corruption! (That from a PhD holder Pres.
GEJ)
29. Commander in Chief of Armed Force
who couldn't visit Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
to commiserate wt d people but plans to go
there to campaign!
30. Dollars loaded in Private jet to buy arms illegally in SA. ( for what purpose?)
PLEASE VOTE WISELY!

Vote APC
Vote GMB. VOTE for CHANGE.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lunch : Spagetti sautéed w obster tail, shrimp, scallops, tomatoes and butter wink

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Herzumpther:
Breakfast of rice, spag, plantain, fish and egg.

Lunch of oha soup with fufu.

Bia
Is it one person that will eat that mountain of fufu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Bia
Is it one person that will eat that mountain of fufu
Lol. No it's 4 people. We don't eat swallow individually in my house.

Most times we eat together except anybody goes out, that's when the person can eat alone when he or she returns.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
Lunch : Spagetti sautéed w obster tail, shrimp, scallops, tomatoes and butter wink
I loveeeeeee seafood. mehn dem scallops are screaming 'eat me'. Chei! grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
Herzumpther:

Most times we war together
except anybody goes out, that's when the person can eat alone when he or she returns.
awww...this is cute! I use to hate doing it with my folks mehn...chei! As in...na pure cheating i swear! one extra large hand will come from nowhere and carry one base and fiam! Portion don reduce. angry angry I showed them one day sha, I made dinner and portioned the extra for myself and i cancelled it before i dished out the main main. grin grin embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Herzumpther:

Most times we war together except anybody goes out, that's when the person can eat alone when he or she returns.

I for say
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
Idowuogbo:

awww...this is cute! I use to hate doing it with my folks mehn...chei! As in...na pure cheating i swear! one extra large hand will come from nowhere and carry one base and fiam! Portion don reduce. angry angry I showed them one day sha, I made dinner and portioned the extra for myself and i cancelled it before i dished out the main main. grin grin embarassed

Hahahahahaha
Reminds me of when my cousins would all come to spend time with us during the long vacation
After cooking some people will dodge food in the cupboards and oven grin and also partake in the remainder only to produce their loots later on
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 12:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Ewuro4:

i love lobster tail

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Shrimp scampi on linguine.

Wanna bottle the aroma. Breathes iiiiiiinnnn kiss

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 26, 2015
cococandy:
Shrimp scampi on linguine.

Wanna bottle the aroma. Breathes iiiiiiinnnn kiss

Oh boy
I want to steal that your phone
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:51am On Mar 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Oh boy
I want to steal that your phone
cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2015
Idowuogbo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Hahahahahaha
Reminds me of when my cousins would all come to spend time with us during the long vacation
After cooking some people will dodge food in the cupboards and oven grin and also partake in the remainder only to produce their loots later on
Lmao.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 26, 2015
babyosisi:

I for say
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
Breakfast..Yam pepper soup

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.