Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,221 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5766639 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
chinnyness122:

Yea it's fresh fish and u can serve with white rice, yam or agidi. I prefer it with pounded yam shaa

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
byvan, abeg where u dey live? I want to come and greet you grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
naijababe:
byvan, abeg where u dey live? I want to come and greet you grin

Ole grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ewuro4:

Ole grin

Emi lo kesi yen o grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 24, 2015
How come most of the fried plantains are burnt. Wetin una dey chop? Burnt food.

Most food look colourful... I doubt if some will be tasteful.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 24, 2015
Nobody eats Amala, Semo, Pounded yam, Beans and Corn, Pap and Akara, Moi-moi, Massa, ...na wa oh.

All I see is foreign food... Brocolli, Masala, Tikka, Fijita ,Hawaiian roll, Salsa, Tacos and na so so Eggs...no wonder air pollution is beyond control and poor drainage due to sewage blockage.

Some people need to see dietician.

I pity any broke ass or people from low socio-economic back ground visiting this food thread. Na depression straight.

Please don't just cook and paste pics here. Reach out to some of us who don't have means to eat such. You can invite us for lunch, dinner or breakfast.

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rhukie(f): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Amis:
Minced beef sauce with veggies....Been lurking around this post for more than 6months...and just have the nerve to post something....well done guys really you guys are an inspiration to me cheesy
please can you share your recipe?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Amis:
Minced beef sauce with veggies....Been lurking around this post for more than 6months...and just have the nerve to post something....well done guys really you guys are an inspiration to me cheesy
recipe please
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ingredients:
minced beef
1 can of Plum tomatoes or 4 medium size tomatoes
1 big bell pepper..tatashe
1 whole onion
1/2 onion chopped
1 scotch bonnet...Rodo
Spring onions
5 tablespoons olive oil( you can use any cooking oil of your choice)
1 carrot
1/2 cup peas
1/2 red, green, yellow peppers chopped
garlic cloves minced
2 cubes maggi
1/2 teaspoon of herbs...curry and thyme
Bay leaves
Salt to taste

Directions
Blend the tomatoes, whole red bell pepper, scotch bonnet and whole onion to a smooth paste and set aside.
Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a cooking pot, place on a hob on medium heat. When it’s hot, pour in half of the chopped onions and fry till fragrant.

Now add the blended pepper, 1 maggi cube, seasoning, mixed herbs and salt. Fry till the tomato loses its sourness and the oil begins to flow to the top of the stew.
While that’s frying, place another pot on a hob on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil..
When it’s hot, add the remaining chopped onion, fry till translucent…
Now, add the minced garlic, sauté till fragrant..
Add 1 maggi cube
, stir, then begin to add the chopped veggies, starting with the carrots, saute for 2 minutes….
Now, add the chopped peppers, continue to sauté for 2-3minutes….
Now, gradually add the mince… Sauté till the mince loses its pinkness and is brown all over…
This should take 5-6 minutes, then add the chopped spring onions, saute for a minute…
Now, slowly add the stew into the mince, combine thoroughly
Turn the heat down, leave to simmer for a further 3 minutes..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Amis:
Ingredients:
minced beef
1 can of Plum tomatoes or 4 medium size tomatoes
1 big bell pepper..tatashe
1 whole onion
1/2 onion chopped
1 scotch bonnet...Rodo
Spring onions
5 tablespoons olive oil( you can use any cooking oil of your choice)
1 carrot
1/2 cup peas
1/2 red, green, yellow peppers chopped
garlic cloves minced
2 cubes maggi
1/2 teaspoon of herbs...curry and thyme
Bay leaves
Salt to taste

Directions
Blend the tomatoes, whole red bell pepper, scotch bonnet and whole onion to a smooth paste and set aside.
Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a cooking pot, place on a hob on medium heat. When it’s hot, pour in half of the chopped onions and fry till fragrant.

Now add the blended pepper, 1 maggi cube, seasoning, mixed herbs and salt. Fry till the tomato loses its sourness and the oil begins to flow to the top of the stew.
While that’s frying, place another pot on a hob on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil..
When it’s hot, add the remaining chopped onion, fry till translucent…
Now, add the minced garlic, sauté till fragrant..
Add 1 maggi cube
, stir, then begin to add the chopped veggies, starting with the carrots, saute for 2 minutes….
Now, add the chopped peppers, continue to sauté for 2-3minutes….
Now, gradually add the mince… Sauté till the mince loses its pinkness and is brown all over…
This should take 5-6 minutes, then add the chopped spring onions, saute for a minute…
Now, slowly add the stew into the mince, combine thoroughly
Turn the heat down, leave to simmer for a further 3 minutes..

Chinma414, Rhukie
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Amis:

Chinma414, Rhukie
thanks love

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rhukie(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Amis:

Chinma414, Rhukie
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lepasharon(f): 12:07am On Jul 25, 2015
Oh yes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 25, 2015
FannySwindler:
Nobody eats Amala, Semo, Pounded yam, Beans and Corn, Pap and Akara, Moi-moi, Massa, ...na wa oh.

All I see is foreign food... Brocolli, Masala, Tikka, Fijita ,Hawaiian roll, Salsa, Tacos and na so so Eggs...no wonder air pollution is beyond control and poor drainage due to sewage blockage.

I pity any broke ass or people from low socio-economic back ground visiting this food thread. Na depression straight.

Please don't just cook and paste pics here. Reach out to some of us who don't have means to eat such. You can invite us for lunch, dinner or breakfast.
Lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lol.

I nearly called you on this thread yesterday but somehow I didn't.

You know we used to get this original African dishes from you, but you sef don turn to oyinbo food now. It's all good though.

When I was pregnant and didn't have an appetite, I only needed to look at your locally prepared dishes and I would go and eat immediately.

How have you been wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2015
Kimoni:

You know we used to get this original African dishes our from you, but you sef don turn to oyinbo food now. It's all good though.

When I was pregnant and didn't have an appetite, I only needed to look at your locally prepared dishes and I would go and eat immediately.

How have you been wink
Lol. I still have lots of meals to post but no phone. I will start posting my African dish hopefully from next weekend, I should have gotten a new phone by then.

I've been good dear.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by akinwole21: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=Herzumpther post=36248325]Lol.[/quote
Breakfast for me and hubby(don't mind my username, I use my hubby's account). I would have made pap but I find it hard to buy it out so we settled for agege bread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=akinwole21 post=36254357][/quote]Wow.....inviting. Just wish I can have some. sad

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
FannySwindler:

Hmmm last couple of pages on this thread was almost 6 traditional soups. I even asked a poster if I can serve it with other carbs besides swallow.

Oga I don't know what yours or anyone else's problem is abeg. Was there an obligation as to what kind of food to showcase here? The thread says Cook in your kitchen and showcase the picture. Abi Na you wan chop am? If the Tacos & fajitas likes aren't appealing to you , just scroll past them and MOVE ON.

By the way, it's the same you and your likes that will be the first to criticize a swallow plate if posted. Not only that, some two faced dolts likes the critic post to the roof to provoke the poster too. Once posted a semolina, okra & fresh fish stew and the fish happened to secrete excessive oil in the plate, there was a three page slandering if my memory serves me right. Yes on this same thread.

By the way my family as a whole barely eat swallow , 1x /month at most and served Yoruba style(if you know what'a mean). Been a cool cat lately and would hate to tear this awesome thread down with abusive exchange with some people who barely can afford 3 square meals/day trying to transfer their aggression on me via my food.

Yall should face front and let people be abeg.

Good morning you & everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
FannySwindler:

1. How come most of the fried plantains are burnt. 2. Wetin una dey chop? Burnt food.

3.Most food look colourful...

4. I doubt if some will be tasteful.

1.Things happen for a reason & doesn't have to suit your taste. Na my plantain I burn oga not your eyeballs.
2. Na food
3. I use an iPhone6 plus with crazy photo features so yes the food must look colourful , is that a problem?
4. Let your imagination run wild. Not your biz, you ain't gonna eat it.

5. Are you jealous?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bottom line.. Yall lowlives should butt off this thread if you can't stand some posters instead of trying to pick a fight you started on another section.

Get a life.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ewuro4:

Hmmm last couple of pages on this thread was almost 6 traditional soups. I even asked a poster if I can serve it with other carbs besides swallow.

Oga I don't know what yours or anyone else's problem is abeg. Was there an obligation as to what kind of food to showcase here? The thread says Cook in your kitchen and showcase the picture. Abi Na you wan chop am? If the Tacos & fajitas likes aren't appealing to you , just scroll past them and MOVE ON.

By the way, it's the same you and your likes that will be the first to criticize a swallow plate if posted. Not only that, some two faced dolts likes the critic post to the roof to provoke the poster too. Once posted a semolina, okra & fresh fish stew and the fish happened to secrete excessive oil in the plate, there was a three page slandering if my memory serves me right. Yes on this same thread.

By the way my family as a whole barely eat swallow , 1x /month at most and served Yoruba style(if you know what'a mean). Been a cool cat lately and would hate to tear this awesome thread down with abusive exchange with some people who barely can afford 3 square meals/day trying to transfer their aggression on me via my food.

Yall should face front and let people be abeg.

Good morning you & everyone.

True talk oo my sis....

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
It's like you're in my mind.

Herzumpther o.

I dey wait you.

Craving African salad like bad. Believe I'll enter my phone and eat the food if you post them wink.

Kimoni:

You know we used to get this original African dishes our from you, but you sef don turn to oyinbo food now. It's all good though.

How have you been wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lmao @ people grin
Someone actually created another moniker the other day to yab the 'rat poison' I'm posting in the kitchen as food.

Instead make e ask me nicely to package some send for am.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:
Lmao @ people grin
Someone actually created another moniker the other day to yab the 'rat poison' I'm posting in the kitchen as food.

I think one of your best friend has a hand in some of the alternate monikers.

Check who unfollowed you.
*Unfollows thread* grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
FrancisTony:

I think one of your best friend has a hand in some of the alternate monikers.

Check who unfollowed you.
*Unfollows thread* grin
I couldn't care less.

I've like 8 full pages of followers. How am I supposed to know who unfollowed me?
I no dey check those kind things.
No time.

I do suspect a certain real life troll was behind those rubbish not a friend per se. I know his style.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:
Lmao @ people grin

You sef don lose form pass Emenike three days, you no dey post those mouth-watering meal pishures like before. Maka why? angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You sef don lose form pass Emenike three days, you no dey post those mouth-watering meal pishures like before. Maka why? angry

It's not been more than 3 days since I last posted an. I don't cook everyday so I can't post everyday.

Wey your own post BTW?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
Bottom line.. Yall lowlives should butt off this thread if you can't stand some posters instead of trying to pick a fight you started on another section.

Get a life.

Chai this babe don start again. grin I got much love for your fights just as I have for your cooking. grin

Oya fight, fight, fight, fight!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ewuro4. Thanks for the Ranting and Rambling.
I did not mention names neither did I finger point. It was just an observation which am entitled to.

Why have you taken it personal? Do you know me from before?.

How come you did not rant and ramble about, cooking and inviting some of us for breakfast, lunch or dinner since we have no access to such meal being showcased on the thread.

Yet you called us low life because an observation was made, there are ways to make someone see reasons with you rather than using socio-economic status to belittle someone. Just because someone has food today doesn't mean they will have tomorrow.

Yeah some people cannot afford 3 square meals like you...is that enough reason to call them names. Your braggadocio on food, iPhone tells me more about your person.

Before you reply me again...mention where your name was cited on my post. I have no reason to be jealous over what you don't have or what you eat or use, Cos am on a level Beyond.

I have not used any derogatory word, neither have I called names...just wondering why you flaring up. If your latest cooking didn't come out well or is not tasty..you can trash it...Don't transfer your aggression
on me.

By the way am not a jealous guy. I only Swindle Fanny.
I can't be a Fanny Swindler and also be a jealous guy.
Just like you can't be a player and hate a player.
There is nothing you think you may have that people have not had before.

We just don't care about what you claim to have.
By the way why am I even replying you. Go In Peace.
Am less concerned.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:
I couldn't care less.

I've like 8 full pages of followers. How am I supposed to know who unfollowed me?
I no dey check those kind things.
No time.

I do suspect a certain real life troll was behind those rubbish not a friend per se. I know his style.
I am not talking about the recent stalker but "Nl..true".

She always come to save herself whenever someone dissagrees with her and she knows a lot about you.

*I love aproko* Unfollows thread. grin

Herzumpther, those foods, eh. tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:

It's not been more than 3 days since I last posted an. I don't cook everyday so I can't post everyday.
Sorry I meant these days not three days, na error be that biko. E don almost reach 10 years last wey I see you post Pishure last sef

Wey your own post BTW?
errrrrrmm ..... [img]http://cs537423.vk.me/u90619118/docs/1c00dffc1e7b/49658-Johnny-Depp-Ed-wood-speechless-3lEc.gif?extra=Is0xkTvp7_2KjzWnbKXvr7l45VuQub6xMQHdVsC67hdeOo18F4j_H8N2poche7x3r1lXak50LwktvIrBLcCh_IS7gbBUGl0[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.