Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5748712 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
cococandy:
Who knows any other way of making peppersoup without peppersoup spice? embarassed
I've searched and searched and I can't find it. Or scent leaf even. I'll substitute that one with basil leaves but the peppersoup spice thing is driving me crazy.

It's not peppersoup without the peppersoup ingedients na. What you are referring to is just plain soup. Cook it without the peppersoup ingredients and you'll get what you want.

Have you eaten something similar somewhere?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
hahn:

You must be Yoruba. There's no need for stew when there's peppersoup
So how do you folks eat it? Eat a spoon of white rice and drink small peppersoup with it? Or you simply pour the white rice in the bowl of peppersoup and stir? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
So how do you folks eat it? Eat a spoon of rice and drink small peppersoup with it? grin

Yeah. Or pour the pepper soup over the rice or scoop rice and dip it in the p.soup before inserting in your mouth
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
hahn:

Yeah. Or pour the pepper soup over the rice or scoop rice and dip it in the p.soup before inserting in your mouth
Oh nice. cheesy I have always thought it is only stew that can go with white rice.
Now Lemme quickly go boil some rice, I think I still have some ogbono soup left in the kitchen.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Oh nice. cheesy I have always thought it is only stew that can go with white rice.
Now Lemme quickly go boil some rice, I think I still have some ogbono soup left in the kitchen.

Nice. I've never tried it with ogbono though. Be sure to let us know how it goes. I heard bread and ogbono is also delicious
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
hahn:

Nice. I've never tried it with ogbono though. Be sure to let us know how it goes. I heard bread and ogbono is also delicious
grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
cococandy:
Done. Goat meat and cow belly peppersoup with rice.

Thanks Amis et Ewuro4

Sigh of relief.

grin you welcome dear. I understand that feeling grin...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello house

What is coriander leaf in Yoruba/Nigerian parlance?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 3:23am On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
Done. Goat meat and cow belly peppersoup with rice.
Thanks Amis et Ewuro4
Sigh of relief.

Looks inviting . You're welcome dear.

FriedPlantain:
So how do you folks eat it? Eat a spoon of white rice and drink small peppersoup with it? Or you simply pour the white rice in the bowl of peppersoup and stir? grin
FriedPlantain:
Peppersoup and white rice? Where is the stew? undecided

See this bush man cheesy I've been eating peppersoup served with rice/yam/amala at my usual night spot in Naija since the 90s .... Infact na basmati rice I take knack that one I posted earlier.

hahn:

I no fit laugh abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Ewuro4:

See this bush man cheesy I've been eating peppersoup served with rice/yam/amala at my usual night spot in Naija since the 90s .... Infact na basmati rice I take knack that one I posted earlier.
undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ewuro4. Did you make your cake or you bought and added the colour?

What type of cake is that ? Flavour?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
FannySwindler:
Ewuro4. Did you make your cake or you bought and added the colour?

What type of cake is that ? Flavour?

Hey, I can only hope you understand my own side of our sour exchange wasn't really who I am. When posters with proconcieved notions attack me, I have no choice but go after their families now (I wasn't like that before) . That said, I sincerely apologize for my rude comment in regards to yours. May his perfect soul rest in peace and my best regards to your mom.

@post , Made from scratch before adding food color to the batter.

Pound cake. Sour cream flavour. Sweet yet savoury aftertaste to it.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Breakie.. Boiled potatoes & fried eggs (onions and hot peppers)

Dessert .. Apple pie (used granny's smith (green) apples)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Turkey pie grin (mixed veggies & ground turkey filling, used corn starch to bind it)

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
bukatyne:
Hello house

What is coriander leaf in Yoruba/Nigerian parlance?
Coriander leaf in Yoruba parlance is called Koriade leefu. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Gerrarrahia mehn!!! grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ewuro4. I know that's definitely not your person. And also apologize for all I said too. And bygone is bygone.

Back to post: As for the cake will try it out someday. Not a fan of anything apple..apple pie. Not heard of turkey pie..but guess it will taste good. Looks Yummy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chineloSA(f): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
FriedPlantain:

grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chronique(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Smh for fannyswindler and ewuro4. Instead of two of una to talk say una like each other,una first come hear dey form fight,so tey una scatter food wey people suffer cook. Anyways,na the norms for nairaland be that(fight,make-up and exchange contacts). Pls,if any fanny is swindled,let the details not appear here o.

Ladies and gentlemen,raise your glasses up as we toast to the new couple who just found love in the kitchen after a very terrible fight...
For throwing our foods away and scaterring the whole place,ewuro4 should be made to cook 6 different types of meals for us,while fannyswindler should be made to wash all the plates we used in eating,and all the kitchen utensils used in cooking. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
cococandy:
Cantonese fried rice. With gizzards instead of regular chicken.
babe,MIND IF WE TAKE OUT SOME TIME TO HANGOUT,need to learn those kitchen skills of yours.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
hilaomo:
babe,MIND IF WE TAKE OUT SOME TIME TO HANGOUT,need to learn those kitchen skills of yours.
lol.

Hang out on this thread? Abi where?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
hahn:

*faints*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chronique(m): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hangout with someone's wife? Bia,your village people are at work o. For America,almost everybody get gun o. Nor go do the one we them go come post your story for nairaland front page with the thread title "Nigerian man shot dead while trying to learn how to cook from a pregnant married woman".
hilaomo:

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chronique. You funny. I thought mine will be to Swindle 6 Fannies from the thread rather than plate washing.
Anyways no complaints....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chronique(m): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
My friend,don't be greedy. How can only you swindle 6 fannies? What do you want the rest of us here to do? Na only you waka come? Abi you think say na plywood dem take construct our body ni? In short,just wash your plates and leave the kitchen quickly. The fanny you have swindled is enough for you.
FannySwindler:
Chronique. You funny. I thought mine will be to Swindle 6 Fannies from the thread rather than plate washing.
Anyways no complaints....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 12:24am On Aug 09, 2015
chronique:
Smh for fannyswindler and ewuro4. Instead of two of una to talk say una like each other,una first come hear dey form fight,so tey una scatter food wey people suffer cook. Anyways,na the norms for nairaland be that(fight,make-up and exchange contacts). Pls,if any fanny is swindled,let the details not appear here o.

Ladies and gentlemen,raise your glasses up as we toast to the new couple who just found love in the kitchen after a very terrible fight...
For throwing our foods away and scaterring the whole place,ewuro4 should be made to cook 6 different types of meals for us,while fannyswindler should be made to wash all the plates we used in eating,and all the kitchen utensils used in cooking. grin grin

No mind them jare...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amis(f): 12:27am On Aug 09, 2015
Puffs with smoothie.... I Remember those day we use to queue to buy hot puff puff by the roadside grin

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 1:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Pasta with chicken and fish
then I stepped it down with ube

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:01am On Aug 09, 2015
chronique:
Hangout with someone's wife? Bia,your village people are at work o. For America,almost everybody get gun o. Nor go do the one we them go come post your story for nairaland front page with the thread title "Nigerian man shot dead while trying to learn how to cook from a pregnant married woman".
grin

My ribs.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:01am On Aug 09, 2015
touchmeder:
Pasta with chicken and fish
then I stepped it down with ube

Omg ube embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:03am On Aug 09, 2015
I need to take break from this thread mehn.
Touchmeder did you boil soft corn to go with it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Jollof rice, salad and chicken

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sirwilson(m), jahson19(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.