Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5739857 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
tranxo:
Okpa di oku with corn/dawa pap.

Well I bought the okpa but I "cooked" the pap.

Balanced meal of protein and carbohydrates. Work beckons.
This okpa plenty o. Na for only u?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
tchiwinnie:
This okpa plenty o. Na for only u?
Lol. Na fuel for big motor. At 6ft tall and 90kg, it is not even enough to go round.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
cococandy:
you're not alone.
It took me forever to learn
Chai! shocked umu nwanyi!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
at Coco wink a good friend of mine who could cook anything just didnt know to make eba without it turning soggy too. But the secret of pap is to make sure the cold mix is really thick and pour in the hot water quickly shikena! Tranxo abeg no laff dem o. There could be one simple thing you may NOT know how to do.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
cococandy:
you're not alone.
It took me forever to learn

You are not alone, i still havent learnt. I think its probably cos i like it watery anyways.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
smartmom:
at Coco wink a good friend of mine who could cook anything just didnt know to make eba without it turning soggy too. But the secret of pap is to make sure the cold mix is really thick and pour in the hot water quickly shikena! Tranxo abeg no laff dem o. There could be one simple thing you may NOT know how to do.
Lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
smartmom:
Yea I've got it now.
Then I didn't just know how to mix it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kilokeys(m): 3:15am On Dec 09, 2015
Okay.. Long story cut short.. My gf and I just broke up..

I got mad.. Walked into a veggie store.. Kado estate abuja.. Picked some items (#200) those guys are my friends.. Spent three hours in total from market to kitchen.. Came up with this..

Breakdown..
I got the apple cutting vid from YouTube..

The goatmeat peppersoup is quite easy.. Curry leaf, scent leaf ( i dunno if its d same as curry leaf o, the ibo woman forced it on me), goatmeat, all kinds of peppers, onions. And the ground peppersoup mix

Then I got Basmati rice 1kg for #850... Added my carrots (diced), green pepper, sweet pepper ( i swear, its nt pepperish at all.. Was surprised and very sweet)
And the remaining..
Lettuce.. And those circular stuff are called radishes.. Not a fan sha.. But its fun to garnish with.

Cost of that meal is maybe #1500.. Which is actually worth it.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:15am On Dec 09, 2015
Very Nice smiley

You stole my place (table) mat abi?
kilokeys:

I got mad.. Walked into a veggie store.. Kado estate abuja.. Picked some items (#200) those guys are my friends.. Spent three hours in total from market to kitchen.. Came up with this..

Breakdown..

The goatmeat peppersoup is quite easy.. Curry leaf, scent leaf ( i dunno if its d same as curry leaf o, the ibo woman forced it on me), goatmeat, all kinds of peppers, onions. And the ground peppersoup mix

Then I got Basmati rice 1kg for #850... Added my carrots (diced), green pepper, sweet pepper ( i swear, its nt pepperish at all.. Was surprised and very sweet)
And the remaining..
Lettuce.. And those circular stuff are called radishes.. Not a fan sha.. But its fun to garnish with.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
kilokeys:

Breakdown..

And the remaining..

Perfecto!!!!
One door closes and another one opens. Now go on and open that restaurant and watch your next queen walk right through the door.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
tranxo:

Perfecto!!!!
One door closes and another one opens. Now go on and open that restaurant and watch your next queen walk right through the door.

He's already a chef. undecided. A stingy one that has refused to invite me for a free meal!!

Kilokeys, see ya life for outside?? Well done! angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
kilokeys:

Breakdown..

And the remaining..

Really curious how you got your goat meat looking so soft looking and succulent. Were they shredded? I also love the artistic apple presentation. And your crockery wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
And yes kilokeys, what brand of basmati rice is best? how long did you cook it to achieve this perfect look?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 3:18am On Dec 10, 2015
tchidi:

He's already a chef. undecided. A stingy one that has refused to invite me for a free meal!!

Kilokeys, see ya life for outside?? Well done! angry angry
A chef? For real?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kilokeys(m): 5:29am On Dec 10, 2015
smartmom:

Really curious how you got your goat meat looking so soft looking and succulent. Were they shredded? I also love the artistic apple presentation. And your crockery wink
Thanks dear.. U could do it any way.. Boil the goatmeat.. Then shred later or shred before starting ( which I did).. Its quite tough to cut up from the beginning.. Bones and all.. But i didn't want to deal with the heat and inconvenience
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kilokeys(m): 5:49am On Dec 10, 2015
smartmom:
And yes kilokeys, what brand of basmati rice is best? how long did you cook it to achieve this perfect look?

I am nt keen on timing o.. I am just being creative.. U have to enjoy what u r doing to get the best..
I parboiled the basmati.. I didn't check my watch all through until I was done..

For instance I played with irish potatoes and did this...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kilokeys(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
What do i call this now?

Edit: I think the meal ushered in this beautiful software gf 2.0.. And she is finer than the last version

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
Egusi soup with goat meat and dry fish and Greis. Greis is a substitute for garri, its very nice and not heavy on the stomach. Goat meat here is very expensive. 4 pieces for 5.75 euros thats about 1,400 for 4 pcs of small meat. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
kilokeys:
What do i call this now?
Nice. Very artistic

Pls keep this up.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ifyalways(f): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2015
tranxo:
Okpa di oku with corn/dawa pap.

Well I bought the okpa but I "cooked" the pap.

Balanced meal of protein and carbohydrates. Work beckons.
Chineke mooooo cheesy

Only you download all that okpa? I rove you already. I love men that eat well and then work hard . cool

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Alubosa: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
kilokeys:

I am nt keen on timing o.. I am just being creative.. U have to enjoy what u r doing to get the best..
I parboiled the basmati.. I didn't check my watch all through until I was done..

Daumn!!! Kilokeys ur delivery and presentation na die!!! No woman go fit carry u shine. Allah!!! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Springz(f): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
kilokeys:
What do i call this now?
What's the combo in the plate that has the cutleries?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
kilokeys:

Breakdown..

And the remaining..

Evening

Well done dear.
- Looks SAVORY and RICH in color

Cherlene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
cheesy fufu and vegetable soup for dinner grin

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spankyflex(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2015
where is herzumpter?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
kilokeys:

Yummicious potatoes.

You parboiled the basmati rice?!!! shocked, assumed that would get it too soft. will try it henceforth
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
crowns2:
Egusi soup with goat meat and dry fish and Greis. Greis is a substitute for garri, its very nice and not heavy on the stomach. Goat meat here is very expensive. 4 pieces for 5.75 euros thats about 1,400 for 4 pcs of small meat. undecided

Go to the country side and look for the local butcher. You'll be surprised they have goat meat there. I had the same problem too till i found one. Cost me about 50 Euro for a whole goat.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by airmark(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Aminat508:
cheesy fufu and vegetable soup for dinner grin

It's ok. But as dinner ensure you do tummy exercises oo. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
airmark:

It's ok. But as dinner ensure you do tummy exercises oo. wink
okay ooooo angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by delishpot: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
tecno4life:
Nawa wetin hapun to this thread, na one small accident cause all this undecided

Dinner today ( yeah I know it's crazy, but that's what hapuns when I must fix dinner for myself cry )

You forget to fry the vegies?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by delishpot: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
crowns2:

Griz/Greis is semolina I believe

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by airmark(m): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Aminat508:
okay ooooo angry

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: radautoworks, eleniyan2020 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.