Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,964 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:57 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6044674 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (3566) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2016
zaynie:
Dear Cococandy,
Today I tried to make puffpuff your way.
I dreamt of it being golden colored.
Perhaps vanilla flavored.
I checked your recipe that I shared.
I mixed it up buh it didnt have an actual volume of water to use.
I debated whether to ask or use my discretion.

I should have asked cry

All I got was puffpuff that looked like a wet rag!
Oil wet though.
Maybe I should call them oil puffs lipsrsealed
I ate my oilpuffs with tissue paper to squeeze the oil.
My son helped me to eat like a couple.
My husband did not even touch it angry
I gave some to my neighbours
I won't be surprised or angry if I see them in the bin tomorrow.

Please how much water should I use for 250g of flour.
And how much sugar too?

Thanks.

You sound traumatized cheesy grin

ndo sorry

makes me recall and shudder about the day myself and my eggs got scotched lol

#catering practical tins cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 11:02am On Feb 01, 2016
babythug:

You sound traumatized cheesy grin

ndo sorry

makes me recall and shudder about the day myself and my eggs got scotched lol

#catering practical tins cheesy

Na serious trauma.
At the end, I barely had 1/6th of the oil I started with. My puffpuff don swallow the oil finish cheesy lol!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
zaynie:

Na serious trauma.
At the end, I barely had 1/6th of the oil I started with. My puffpuff don swallow the oil finish cheesy lol!

kent stop laughing here oh!!!!!!!!!! you were *puffed* at the end of the day i'm sure

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Most likely, the dough didn't rise. Was the yeast active? Sometimes a lack of patience to allow the dough rise properly can produce ur heavy kpuf kpuf. Sorry, better luck next time
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
smartmom:
Most likely, the dough didn't rise. Was the yeast active? Sometimes a lack of patience to allow the dough rise properly can produce ur heavy kpuf kpuf. Sorry, better luck next time

The yeast was active.
I left it to rise for almost 1.5hrs
I think it was too much water.

Next time....hopefully I will get it right. My son loves puffpuff too much for me to give up.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Team 4th trials here grin
First try was like a stone (stoney puff)
Next try was watery
Next try didn't rise
Yesterday try no gree cook in the middle

Waaaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh grin
thank goodness say flour, sugar water and yeast cheap.
Because the rate wey I dey sink them down the drain, my account for don empty grin

zaynie:

The yeast was active.
Next time....hopefully I will get it right. My son loves puffpuff too much for me to give up.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
armyofone:
Next try was watery
Next try didn't rise

Because the rate wey I dey sink them down the drain, my account for don empty grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Try and gimme hope now.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hahaha cheesy
Really?

I wonder what could be the matter.
Maybe it's from the yeast.
You know you could use 'fast action yeast' instead of 'active dry yeast' if that one is proving difficult.
Some of those different types of yeasts can affect the end result.

armyofone:
Next try was watery
Next try didn't rise

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9inches(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
cococandy:

Almond soup?
How do you make that?
Same way you prepare egusi soup. Only difference is you are using almond instead of egusi. You might ditch egusi if you taste it unless you are concerned about the price.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
armyofone:
Next try was watery
Next try didn't rise

Try using warm water

Don't add a lot of water that is at less water than what the recipe calls for

Try making small to medium puff-puff

Make sure your oil is not too hot. when it is, it browns too fast, remove it from the heat and reduce the heat(not so much). Put it back after like 20 secs or when the sizzling has reduced

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:03am On Feb 02, 2016
9inches:

Same way you prepare egusi soup. Only difference is you are using almond instead of egusi. You might ditch egusi if you taste it unless you are concerned about the price.
Nice. So you blend it with normal blender?

Actually, Almonds are cheaper than egusi to me cheesy

I even have to go very far to buy egusi. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
Thank you. I did all you mentioned. I think the hot oil part and the puffpuff size. I will try again while making sure of your last paragraph.

daretodiffer:

Try using warm water

Don't add a lot of water that is at less water than what the recipe calls for

Try making small to medium puff-puff

Make sure your oil is not too hot. when it is, it browns too fast, remove it from the heat and reduce the heat(not so much). Put it back after like 20 secs or when the sizzling has reduced

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
grin thank you. You should see the assorted yeasts in my cabinet.
I used the fast action yeast last week. It came out okay but for the running dough jelly in the middle which was due to overly hot oil. I left the oil go take care of one small business grin

cococandy:
Hahaha cheesy
Really?

I wonder what could be the matter.
Maybe it's from the yeast.
You know you could use 'fast action yeast' instead of 'active dry yeast' if that one is proving difficult.
Some of those different types of yeasts can affect the end result.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
You got it, we shall overcome this puffy one day wink

zaynie:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Try and gimme hope now.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by proudmom38(f): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
zaynie:

The yeast was active.

Zaynie yaff reach here o cheesy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
proudmom38:

Zaynie yaff reach here o cheesy...

Shhhhhh lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lovely cupcakes from my baby shower.

And other foods.

I don't know how my friends made them so don't ask me for recipe grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by proudmom38(f): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
zaynie:

Shhhhhh lipsrsealed

Bribe me first...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9inches(m): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2016
cococandy:

Nice. So you blend it with normal blender?

Actually, Almonds are cheaper than egusi to me cheesy

I even have to go very far to buy egusi. angry

I buy it already blended.

@bolded, good for you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
cococandy:

And other foods.

Lovely, indeed. You're expecting, Coco?

I've went shopping for a bridal shower just last week and another one a month before that, plus a housewarming. This weekend, I'm going on a pricey prenatal scavenger hunt for yet another shower, baby this time. All kinds of showers all over the place and it's not even April yet tongue

Congratulations, love! kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Blame dem dudes.
They won't let mama bears rest. grin
Hahaha.

Thanks Hun. smiley smiley
EnlightenedSoul:

Lovely, indeed. You're expecting, Coco?

I've went shopping for a bridal shower just last week and another one a month before that, plus a housewarming. This weekend, I'm going on a pricey prenatal scavenger hunt for yet another shower, baby this time. All kinds of showers all over the place and it's not even April yet tongue

Congratulations, love! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
9inches:

I buy it already blended.

@bolded, good for you.
i don't think i can find the blended one
. Maybe I'll just go for shredded ones so that blending will be easier.

Thanks for the tip.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
cococandy:
Blame dem dudes.
They won't let mama bears rest. grin
Hahaha.

Thanks Hun. smiley smiley

Loll, indeed.

Well, here's to health, happiness, and your bundle of joy smiley Take care now, dear.

P.S. I like your profile meme cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Loll, indeed.

Well, here's to health, happiness, and a bundle of joy smiley Take care now, dear.

P.S. I like your profile meme cheesy
thanks and thanks.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
(1)Rice and sauce
(2)Dunno if this is scrambled egg or cooked egg lol (hubby's handwork) with lettuce.
(3) egwusi soup with wheat for 2 lol ( I used achi as suggested and pounded + moulded the egwusi ) but it still didnt come out in lumps. Is it because its too thick cos I dont like water in my egusi?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9inches(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
cococandy:
i don't think i can find the blended one
. Maybe I'll just go for shredded ones so that blending will be easier.

Thanks for the tip.

Of course you can buy and blend it as u like.

You are welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gracious10: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
cococandy:

And other foods.

Awww cococandy, you are having a baby? Now I know why you've been cooking a storm..lol.. God's blessings o...safe easy delivery.
And thanks for the video of bread buns by maangchi.The puff puff and meatpie
Tried the recipes and they came out well..
May the birth of your baby bring u unending blessings and joy. Dalu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thanks a lot dear.
Amen to the prayers.
smiley
Gracious10:

Awww cococandy, you are having a baby? Now I know why you've been cooking a storm..lol.. God's blessings o...safe easy delivery.
And thanks for the video of bread buns by maangchi.The puff puff and meatpie
Tried the recipes and they came out well..
May the birth if your baby bring u unending blessings and joy. Dalu.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
mitchelle1989:
(1)Rice and sauce
(2)Dunno if this is scrambled egg or cooked egg lol (hubby's handwork) with lettuce.
(3) egwusi soup with wheat for 2 lol ( I used achi as suggested and pounded + moulded the egwusi ) but it still didnt come out in lumps. Is it because its too thick cos I dont like water in my egusi?

I said 'ósu' not achi. Osu is what you need to make it stick!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:15am On Feb 05, 2016
Dinner
Sticky rice
Orange chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2016
cococandy:
Dinner Sticky rice Orange chicken.
recipe for the orange chicken pls
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2016
cococandy:
Dinner Sticky rice Orange chicken.
recipe for the orange chicken pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (3566) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Troublemakerman(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.