Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5759026 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aminat508:
Amala and ewedu with gbegiri on point grin cheesy
when and how did you prepare this
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
radiokilla:
when and how did you prepare this

Just this afternoon.

Amala,

Put the quantity of water you want to use in a pot, allow it to boil, use a small bowl to take out some boiled water, u might still need it in case your amala turns out too hard. while still on fire,then start adding the powdered elubo gradually, u can use one of your clean fingers to feel it while still on fire to be sure its neither too soft nor too hard, if its too soft you can add more elubo, and if too hard add your r reserved hot water. leave it on fire for some minutes , like 2 to 4mins, then bring it down from fire.

Gbegiri :

Ingredients

cup Honey beans
• 1 cooking spoon palm oil
• 3 Ata Rodo"Scotch bonnet/Habanero Pepper"(You can also use cayenne pepper) - Ground
• 1 tsp. Akaun "Ground Potash"- Optional (to soften the beans)
• Iru "Locust beans" - Optional
• 1 Seasoning cube
• Salt to taste

Procedure

Place the beans in a bowl and wash with your hands to remove the skin.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-JOddYe-x2AA/VEyCpFDM_6I/AAAAAAAAGmY/mGQZEHz_D5k/s280/how%2Bto%2Bpeel%2Bbeans.jpg[/img]

In a medium sized pot, cook the peeled beans in water with potash till soft. The beans can be cooked without potash although it will take longer time but it's definitely healthier. Using the ijabe broom, mash the beans in the pot (make sure there's water in it) just like it's done when making ewedu. Alternatively, you can use the blender for this. Simply leave the beans to cool down a little before placing in a blender and grinding till smooth.

Once you've gotten a smooth paste either from the blender/broom, place back on low heat, add the seasoning cube, ground pepper, palm oil, salt to taste and then stir. Gbegiri soup is a slightly watery soup so you'd have to add some more water to loosen it up and reduce the thickness.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-WzJ9eUBLcic/Vd-rBbmjKuI/AAAAAAAAIxk/XxcCBGrJH2Q/s280/Nigerian%2BBeans%2Bsoup.jpg[/img]

Ewedu :

Ingredients:::

• 1 bunch Ewedu leaves

• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp. potash
• 1 tsp. locust beans
• Salt to taste

Directions:
Pluck the ewedu leaves from the stem. Rinse the plucked leaves in clean water - Set Aside.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-umuvHMck-Sw/Vc7BhyVFU6I/AAAAAAAAItI/Erc8JGmeU70/s280/make%2Bewedu%2Bsoup.jpg[/img]
In a small pot, add the water and potash and leave to heat up. Once the water starts to boil, add the ewedu leaves and leave to cook for about 7 minutes. Turn off the burner and mash with the broom. Alternatively if you don't have the broom, leave the boiled ewedu to cool a little then pour it into a blender and blend.

Pour the ewedu back into the pot and turn the burner to the lowest. Add the salt, and locust beans. leave it to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Ready

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aminat508:

Just this afternoon.

Amala,

Put the quantity of water you want to use in a pot, allow it to boil, use a small bowl to take out some boiled water, u might still need it in case your amala turns out too hard. while still on fire,then start adding the powdered elubo gradually, u can use one of your clean fingers to feel it while still on fire to be sure its neither too soft nor too hard, if its too soft you can add more elubo, and if too hard add your r reserved hot water. leave it on fire for some minutes , like 2 to 4mins, then bring it down from fire.

Gbegiri :

Ingredients

cup Honey beans
• 3 Ata Rodo"Scotch bonnet/Habanero Pepper"(You can also use cayenne pepper) - Ground
• 1 Seasoning cube
• Salt to taste

Procedure

[img]http://4.bp..com/-JOddYe-x2AA/VEyCpFDM_6I/AAAAAAAAGmY/mGQZEHz_D5k/s280/how%2Bto%2Bpeel%2Bbeans.jpg[/img]

In a medium sized pot, cook the peeled beans in water with potash till soft. The beans can be cooked without potash although it will take longer time but it's definitely healthier. Using the ijabe broom, mash the beans in the pot (make sure there's water in it) just like it's done when making ewedu. Alternatively, you can use the blender for this. Simply leave the beans to cool down a little before placing in a blender and grinding till smooth.

Once you've gotten a smooth paste either from the blender/broom, place back on low heat, add the seasoning cube, ground pepper, palm oil, salt to taste and then stir. Gbegiri soup is a slightly watery soup so you'd have to add some more water to loosen it up and reduce the thickness.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-WzJ9eUBLcic/Vd-rBbmjKuI/AAAAAAAAIxk/XxcCBGrJH2Q/s280/Nigerian%2BBeans%2Bsoup.jpg[/img]

Ewedu :

• 1 bunch Ewedu leaves

• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp. potash
• 1 tsp. locust beans
• Salt to taste

Directions:
Pluck the ewedu leaves from the stem. Rinse the plucked leaves in clean water - Set Aside.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-umuvHMck-Sw/Vc7BhyVFU6I/AAAAAAAAItI/Erc8JGmeU70/s280/make%2Bewedu%2Bsoup.jpg[/img]
In a small pot, add the water and potash and leave to heat up. Once the water starts to boil, add the ewedu leaves and leave to cook for about 7 minutes. Turn off the burner and mash with the broom. Alternatively if you don't have the broom, leave the boiled ewedu to cool a little then pour it into a blender and blend.

Pour the ewedu back into the pot and turn the burner to the lowest. Add the salt, and locust beans. leave it to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Ready
mehn, i cannot handle this one o. Nice one sis.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kazrem(m): 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aminat508:
Did you use local "ijabe" or Jumia's? grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kazrem:

Did you use local "ijabe" or Jumia's? grin
lolz mine Na plastic Ijabe not onigi grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kazrem(m): 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aminat508:

Just this afternoon.

Amala,

Gbegiri :

Ingredients

cup Honey beans
• 1 Seasoning cube
• Salt to taste

Procedure

Ewedu :

• 1 bunch Ewedu leaves

• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp. potash
• 1 tsp. locust beans
• Salt to taste

Directions:

e go good if you post this on your blog o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
radiokilla:
mehn, i cannot handle this one o. Nice one sis.
lol very simple cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Aminat508(f): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kazrem:

e go good if you post this on your blog o
Lol my niche is not about food angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JayJustus(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Karleyb:

Recipie please!!!

ingredients:

pasta (whatever variant fits ya smileyI mixed mine)
cheese (I used cheddar...you can use monterey or parmesan for that extra cheesiness...lol)
garlic
milk
green onions
onions (up to you tho)
sausages (or whatever meat suits you)
mushrooms
flour
butter
peppers
cherry tomatoes (up to you tho)

RECIPE

1.boil pasta till desired texture
2. cut up all your garlic, peppers, mushrooms, sausages, green onions, onions(regular ones in this case...lol)
3. make the roux (flour and fat...) heat up some butter and then add flour and stir and stir and stir and stir and stir in low heat till you can stir no more...lol...
4.Add the everything you cut up in step 2 to the roux and stir
5.Add the milk and stir this mixture (bechamel sauce which you can use for other things...)
6. When the bechamel has slightly heated up then add your grated cheese
7. Cook in slow heat till the cheese is melted and then the sauce starts getting thick
8. Add the pasta and then mix em all up
9. If you have an oven, bake it at 350F for like 20 minutes...when the top is crispy and the inside is bubbling then you good to go (dont forget brush the top with butter and some breadcrumbs)

I dont have an oven so I just use a microwave to heat it up to satisfy my OCD problems that it is baked...lolololol

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tdayof(m): 6:25am On Feb 10, 2016
JayJustus:

ingredients:

pasta (whatever variant fits ya smileyI mixed mine)
cheese (I used cheddar...you can use monterey or parmesan for that extra cheesiness...lol)
garlic
milk
green onions
onions (up to you tho)
sausages (or whatever meat suits you)
mushrooms
flour
butter
peppers
cherry tomatoes (up to you tho)

RECIPE

1.boil pasta till desired texture
2. cut up all your garlic, peppers, mushrooms, sausages, green onions, onions(regular ones in this case...lol)
3. make the roux (flour and fat...) heat up some butter and then add flour and stir and stir and stir and stir and stir in low heat till you can stir no more...lol...
4.Add the everything you cut up in step 2 to the roux and stir
5.Add the milk and stir this mixture (bechamel sauce which you can use for other things...)
6. When the bechamel has slightly heated up then add your grated cheese
7. Cook in slow heat till the cheese is melted and then the sauce starts getting thick
8. Add the pasta and then mix em all up
9. If you have an oven, bake it at 350F for like 20 minutes...when the top is crispy and the inside is bubbling then you good to go (dont forget brush the top with butter and some breadcrumbs)

I dont have an oven so I just use a microwave to heat it up to satisfy my OCD problems that it is baked...lolololol

chai ontop few minutes food justus ehnn
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JayJustus(m): 7:15am On Feb 10, 2016
tdayof:
chai ontop few minutes food justus ehnn

don't let me send that thunder that is jogging here cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sayyid(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2016
Aminat508:
they call it Amala and abula(gbegiri and ewedu)

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 247notire(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
cocoama:

Do you have the recipe for yam porridge? I had it once and I really enjoyed it.
Lolz. Really? I cud help u with a recipe if ur serious bout it. I like ur pic by the way, if that's you without make up, then I gotta say ur effortlessly beautiful smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:55am On Feb 11, 2016
Cinnamon roll
Swiss roll
Glazed doughnut.

I did not actually bake it. It's a vocational course

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2016
processing.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2016
rich cake
dummy butter icing

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:24am On Feb 11, 2016
Akposy:
Cinnamon roll
Swiss roll
Glazed doughnut.

I did not actually make it. It's a vocational course

Nice

So who made them?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2016
Rigatoni pasta with a spicy gizzard,smoked turkey and onion stir fry.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:36am On Feb 12, 2016
cococandy:

Nice
So who made them?
it's a group work.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nuelzy: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Aminat508:
GOD forbid!!!

which kain food be dis one
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
nuelzy:
GOD forbid!!!

Koreans are not allowed here. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cherlene(f): 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Akposy:
Cinnamon roll
Swiss roll
Glazed doughnut.

I did not actually bake it. It's a vocational course

Happy Sunday

Now I am craving CAKE.
After all today is MOTHER'S DAY in Norway.

Cherlene
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nuelzy: 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
banmee:

Koreans are not allowed here. cool
d food looks weird....did u eat dat ....nd am not a korean joor
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
nuelzy:
d food looks weird....did u eat dat ....nd am not a korean joor

I eat amala all the time. You must be from Korea not to know what amala, gbegiri and ewedu looks like.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
Cherlene:

Happy Sunday
Now I am craving CAKE. After all today is MOTHER'S DAY in Norway.
Cherlene
Thanks. Same here

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FunadoysKitchen(f): 1:58am On Feb 15, 2016
Homemade Orange juice everyone.
All you need is oranges, ginger, water and swertner which is optional

See how its made in details here; http://www.funadoysrecipes.com/2016/02/homemade-orange-juice-recipe.html?m=1

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
nuelzy:
GOD forbid!!!

You may not like and ever eat it but its terribly rude to be doing God forbid on another person's food - terribly rude! Someone from another culture may say the same thing for your best food and I bet you'll feel bad. Just try to control yourself...

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
touchmeder:

You may not like and ever eat it but its terribly rude to be doing God forbid on another person's food - terribly rude! Someone from another culture may say the same thing for your best food and I bet you'll feel bad. Just try to control yourself...

I honestly don't know what koreans are doing on this thread.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
banmee:

I honestly don't know what koreans are doing on this thread.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eyaf bold.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nuelzy: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
touchmeder:

am sorry

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
tchidi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Useless thing no gree bold.

Lol. . . .It's because you co-joined the "are" with "koreans". There is no space between them after you tried to bold it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
tchidi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eyaf bold.

Lol. . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: islamics(m), Daryl123 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.