Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (6043507 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (3566) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2017
yorhmienerd:
You said you were gonna see me in February, this is March sad

Remember the question I asked in RED ASHES? you've not answered that too angry
Oh the Feb thingy......Eish, I thought it would be ready but this job has made it difficult for me to deliver as promised. I'm still working on it and will call you when its ready.

The red ashes ?........Remind me again.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello foodies. Pls help a sister, i need food ideas for a very picky husband who wants swallow maybe 2ce in a month, doesn't want beans and doesn't want spag. Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nimi22:
Hello foodies. Pls help a sister, i need food ideas for a very picky husband who wants swallow maybe 2ce in a month, doesn't want beans and doesn't want spag. Thanks.
ask him what he wants.........

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
ask him what he wants.........

Rice everyday, í personally is tired of dat ríce and i can't be cooking two meals. Sometimes he wants yam too.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nimi22:

Rice everyday, í personally is tired of dat ríce and i can't be cooking two meals. Sometimes he wants yam too.

Give him what he wants and prepare urs separately learn to get use to it,to avoid stories that touch

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
When autumn turns to winter, one needs hotties

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nimi22:

There are numerous methods of making plantain (fried, baked, cooked), fish, yam(Porridge with meat/ fish, fried yam, cooked) and even beans (Moi-Moi, Akara), Swallow (Iyan, fufu, oat, wheat flour, cassava, garri, plantain flour). You can even make Jollof rice and beans or separate with stew.

There are numerous soups out there (delve outside your comfort zone, try other tribe's soup), especially if you are resident in Nigeria where the leaves are readily available and fresh, unlike this nonsense we eat here. Research a new soup and have him taste and tell you if he likes it or how he would like it. Remember, he is your husband, your honey, your whatever!!!! It's all about research, creativity and resilience. When you guys go out together, observe what he eats outside the normal and prepare them.

You can also make him understand the health implication of indulging in rice (Pretty high starch), especially as you both get older. Diabetes, and high blood pressure are also associated with food food with high carbs.

The fact you are worried about his eating proves you genuinely care about him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bollinger(m): 1:47am On Mar 28, 2017
Roland17:

You can also make him understand the health implication of indulging in rice (Pretty high starch), especially as you both get older. Diabetes, and high blood pressure are also associated with food food with high carbs.

You better stop the rough play angry. Which kain health implication? Take your time oooo. As far as i am concerned, your three square meals are not complete without rice in the morning, noon and night. cool

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 3:20am On Mar 28, 2017
Bollinger:

You better stop the rough play angry. Which kain health implication? Take your time oooo. As far as i am concerned, your three square meals are not complete without rice in the morning, noon and night. cool

LMAO..The thing dey pain me pass you sef..If i had my way, i would eat swallow for breakfast, rice for lunch and bread for dinner. Whenever i plan to eat swallow, i hit the gym really hard with emphases on cardio, i burn alot of calories to create space for the swallow.

Sadly, as Nigerians its natural to consume a lot of carbs, however, the health implications are dire especially if you don't have an intense lifestyle. The realities of diabetes and high blood pressure are real. Moderation is the word for me, as difficult as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by josessybj: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Lol

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Alennsar(f): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2017
josessybj:
Lol
wat type of food is dis
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Roland17:

LMAO..The thing dey pain me pass you sef..If i had my way, i would eat swallow for breakfast, rice for lunch and bread for dinner. Whenever i plan to eat swallow, i hit the gym really hard with emphases on cardio, i burn alot of calories to create space for the swallow.

Sadly, as Nigerians its natural to consume a lot of carbs, however, the health implications are dire especially if you don't have an intense lifestyle. The realities of diabetes and high blood pressure are real. Moderation is the word for me, as difficult as it is.

Ha ha ha...
Rightly so.
our traditional food is geared for the days when the average adult spent the day at the farm, hunting, or treking miles to get supplies. Sadly people still eat like that in the name of enjoyment whist having a desk job, being driven everywhere, and wven having house chores done by others and the average idea of recreation is hanging out at a club or joint.... to eat more food and drink senseless.

Then we wonder why some diseases are rampant.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2017
Roland17:

There are numerous methods of making plantain (fried, baked, cooked), fish, yam(Porridge with meat/ fish, fried yam, cooked) and even beans (Moi-Moi, Akara), Swallow (Iyan, fufu, oat, wheat flour, cassava, garri, plantain flour). You can even make Jollof rice and beans or separate with stew.

There are numerous soups out there (delve outside your comfort zone, try other tribe's soup), especially if you are resident in Nigeria where the leaves are readily available and fresh, unlike this nonsense we eat here. Research a new soup and have him taste and tell you if he likes it or how he would like it. Remember, he is your husband, your honey, your whatever!!!! It's all about research, creativity and resilience. When you guys go out together, observe what he eats outside the normal and prepare them.

The fact you are worried about his eating proves you genuinely care about him.

Thanks so much i really appreciate your comment. I will try to research more into foods.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ElmaSpeed(f): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2017
Nimi22:

Thanks so much i really appreciate your comment. I will try to research more into foods.

This will be very useful to you
www.allnigerianrecipes.com

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nimi22:

If you start with the things he eats then radiate out.

Rice - types: long grain, basmati, thai jasmine, ofada/ local rice, paella rice, risotto rice,

All these can be cooled multiple ways:
Jollof, fried, coconut, paella, risotto or white rice and sauce/ stew. Rice and beans cooked together or rice&peas as our jamaican brethren call it.

Stew/ sauces can be cooked multiple ways and each will have a different taste!
Stews:
Chicken stew, orisirisi meat stew, fresh fish stew, fried fish stew, ofada stew/ayamase and if you are bini there is a nameless recipeless localised stew we tend to call "efry" only rule is that you use palm oil.

Sauces: curries - indian, thai, carribean
Chinese sauces - the list is practically endless
Moroccan lamb tangine, chilli con carne and endless sauces that can be made with seafood, shredded or chopped beef,chicken, pork.
Casseroles made with rabbit, other specialty meat/ bushmeat, or even guinea fowl and duck

Yam: boiled/ steamed, fried, roasted, or used in ojojo( grated and fried) in pottage with or without palm oil, or even in yam cakes.

Lets look at other staples:
Dont overlook the humble irish potato. It can be cooked skin on or skin off, boiled/ steamed, fried as chips, roasted whole or as wedges , jacket potato, mashed, as tastee fiesta, as topping for pies like shepherds pie, fish pie, steak and kidney pies.

Pasta : all forms and shape of spagetti and macaroni
Plain boiled with tomato based sauce
Plain boiled with white sauce - cheese based
In jollof version
As pasta bake
As lasgna

Plaintain:
Fried, boiled/ steamed, roasted (boli) as pottage ( either unripe only or mix with ripe plaintain) even as chips.

For boiled yam and plantain you can use stew, garden egg sauce, vegetable sauce, owo ( edo/ delta palm oil and pottash soup)

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
josessybj:
Lol
Explain please grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nimi22:

Stylishly switch to brown rice (just tell him it is Anambra rice). Hit the internet and get lots of Indian recipes (easy to find their spices in Lagos). Followed by Chinese and Mediterranean recipes. European meals require stuff like Broccoli and cauliflower (and those veggies are like gold nowadays). Plus, casseroles in the oven are usually pasta-based. Sweet potatoes are really good for you. And can you juice fruits? I just juiced pawpaw, Watermelon and pineapple, add a dash of orange, blend it thick and call it a smoothie.

But life is not good. Why must one give up processed sugars by 35??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JewelStone(f): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2017
Onegai:
Stylishly switch to brown rice (just tell him it is Anambra rice). Hit the internet and get lots of Indian recipes (easy to find their spices in Lagos). Followed by Chinese and Mediterranean recipes. European meals require stuff like Broccoli and Cheese (and those veggies are like gold nowadays). Plus, casseroles in the oven are usually pasta-based. Sweet potatoes are really good for you. And can you juice fruits? I just juiced pawpaw, Watermelon and pineapple, add a dash of orange, blend it thick and call it a smoothie.

But life is not good. Why must one give up processed sugars by 35??

No one has to give up processed sugars at any age except they are diabetic/at risk of diabetes or overweight and need to lose weight. Like any other food groups, sugars ( including fruit sugars) has to be taken in moderation. Even with weight loss, you only have to reduce your intake not give it up entirely.

The rest of your post is confusing cos I don't understand how cheese is a veggie and how broccoli and cheese are gold.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
Anyone from Kenya or well informed about kenya........please come forward.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Buns for everyone grin grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
jagugu88li:
Anyone from Kenya or well informed about kenya........please come forward.

I believe they have a forum, you might want to check it out
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lunch anyone?
Beef/chicken and jollof rice

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Bulk cooking ....

Some vegetable soup

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
eyinjuege:
Bulk cooking ....
Some vegetable soup
kuku kill me

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:

kuku kill me

grin grin

Hehehehehehe grin grin

Na so...
I will send your own portion through Seun.
Pick one

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
eyinjuege:

Hehehehehehe grin grin

Na so...
Pick one

ahahaha I need my portion o

I'm hungry, two plates are enough!!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kingreign(m): 9:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
eyinjuege:
Lunch anyone?
Beef/chicken and jollof rice
Choi see chow shocked cheesy cool
Abeg relocate sharpaly come my compound. I go do make them evict my neighbour sabi burn pot angry
Na ya house we go dey spend most times of the days wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
eyinjuege:
Bulk cooking ....

Some vegetable soup

Na wao, #ShowOff angry tongue do you know how to handle Tiger Prawns and can you show me please?

There's this lady on IG who caters. You need to see her pics. I have never been so confused in my entire life, wanting to eat stuff I have never been interested in eating before. grin she got me interested in Tiger Prawns and strangely found Lobster as well (she's in Lagos).
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

Na wao, #ShowOff angry tongue do you know how to handle Tiger Prawns and can you show me please?

There's this lady on IG who caters. You need to see her pics. I have never been so confused in my entire life, wanting to eat stuff I have never been interested in eating before. grin she got me interested in Tiger Prawns and strangely found Lobster as well (she's in Lagos).

I'm still a learner when it comes to seafoods o. I just follow some online recipes if I try to make prawns the Chinese way.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by amiibaby(f): 6:43am On Apr 01, 2017
Sweet

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rhukie(f): 6:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Wow. Please how many bunches of vegetables did you use to achieve this quantity?
eyinjuege:

Hehehehehehe grin grin

Na so...
Pick one
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rhukie:
Wow. Please how many bunches of vegetables did you use to achieve this quantity?

I had to use three large packaged bags of baby spinach. I'll take a picture of one from a store when I go.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (3566) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joudini(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.