Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5739560 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jpilata(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2017
Indomie, banana and cucumber for dinner.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:53am On Nov 02, 2017
shilz:
please can you write out your receipe?
Akpos Birthday Moist Chocolate Cake recipe

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water

Shift the dry ingredients together in a bowl
Mix gently with an egg whisk or spatula
Mix together the wet ingredients (except the boiling water)
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix in.
Gently add the boiling water. Mix with a spatula till you get a uniform mixture.
Pour in a baking tin/pan
Bake for 25 - 30 mins in a preheated oven (180degree)
Remove from the oven when am inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
Allow to cool and frost as desired!

Note
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I've ever tasted!

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by shilz(f): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
Akposy:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
½ cup boiling water

Gently add the boiling water. Mix with a spatula till you get a uniform mixture.
Pour in a baking tin/pan

Note
The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is correct and results in the most delicious and moist chocolate cake I've ever tasted!
thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ohferanmi(f): 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
Akposy:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
½ cup boiling water

Pour in a baking tin/pan

Note

Thank you for sharing and happy bd in arrears. Do you mean vegetable oil..used instead of margarine I guess

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
Yesterday's dinner, today's lunch.

Happy belated birthday Akposy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
looks yummy and healthy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mizjemie25: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
what's the red stuff on r the side?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 03, 2017
Mizjemie25:
what's the red stuff on r
the side?
meat gnocchi marinated in pomegranate sauce. You can use fish.....like selmon, cod or red snapper for easy slicing.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dingbang(m): 3:10am On Nov 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
meat gnocchi marinated in pomegranate sauce. You can use fish.....like selmon, cod or red snapper for easy slicing.

Thanks
I want to ear your food
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Minabee: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2017
Akposy:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 evaporated milk
½ cup vegetable
2 large eggs
½ cup boiling water

Pour in a baking tin/pan

Note
What's the difference between baking powder and baking soda?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ohferanmi:

Thank you for sharing and happy bd in arrears. Do you mean vegetable oil..used instead of margarine I guess
yes ma. veg table oil
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
thank you ma
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
Minabee:
What's the difference between baking powder and baking soda?
they are both leavening agents. one is acidic and the other is alkaline

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Minabee: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Akposy:

they are both leavening agents. one is acidic and the other is alkaline
ok, can you recommend any brand of baking soda?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
Some fresh semovita featuring nsala soup and chicken for lunch....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by elrony(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
funlord:

Some fresh semovita featuring nsala soup and chicken for lunch....

I sure say no be you cook am cheesy tongue

*prepares to run*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
elrony:

*prepares to run*

Lol.....at least na my money dem dey use!

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Decale: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
jagugu88li:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6198579_fbimg1508856320853_jpegbb32bfa9c9cdfc2bbcfb45d432cdc225

Aunty, judge yourself. If not for me, for God

I just reach house now with hunger wey wan kee me and you dey post this kain thing. This food that can feed 2 people na only you chop am.

I can even smell it from here. Even that green grass get aroma. The God that I serve will judge you

You can't even cook beans or cake like the members of the thread. Issokay, continue...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
elrony:

*prepares to run*

Oppression for you bagger! tongue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by elrony(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
funlord:

Lol.....at least na my money dem dey use!

Lol .. All join abi? cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by elrony(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
funlord:

Oppression for you bagger! tongue

Bia , I fit swear for you like this cheesy grin

Which kind wahala be this na?

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tintedniggz(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
elrony:

Bia , I fit swear for you like this cheesy grin

Which kind wahala be this na?
I swear nah real wahala....LMAOOO
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Minabee:
ok, can you recommend any brand of baking soda?

Not really. Just go to a cake store and ask.. Check the expiration date
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
Decale:

Aunty, judge yourself. If not for me, for God

I just reach house now with hunger wey wan kee me and you dey post this kain thing. This food that can feed 2 people na only you chop am.

I can even smell it from here. Even that green grass get aroma. The God that I serve will judge you

You can't even cook beans or cake like the members of the thread. Issokay, continue...
I give me a life time of prosperity, love for all, Christ the only way and a healthy life........and you will help me serve my sentence. Equal portion for both of us.

The sins we unconsciously do everyday.....tooo baaad grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tuhndhay(m): 7:59am On Nov 05, 2017
Jagugu88li.......... It would be nice to get invited for a lunch or dinner at your table
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 7:49am On Nov 06, 2017
Breakfast of champions...

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:13am On Nov 06, 2017
Zebra cake is ready

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Alennsar(f): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2017
Akposy:
Zebra cake is ready
please. how do you make dis?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Minabee: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Akposy:
Zebra cake is ready
This reminds me of marble cake. looks great

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adachibu(f): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2017

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 3:41am On Nov 09, 2017
Probz:
Who wants to know how to get the authentic smoky party jollof rice flavour without firewood?

There’s a few easy things you can do that only the mamas at the top know about. But I’ve discovered them, innit. Holla at me.

This thing I can recommend works even better if you’re based outside Nigeria.

^

The secret’s a drop or two of liquid smoke (Wright’s and only Wright’s brand). If you’re in the States go buy and add a drop to whatever you want to have a smoky flavour to (not just party jollof). You can use laspong souchong tea bags anywhere in obodo oyibo (that gives a smoky flavour too). One of those two will be fine. Just don’t burn the pot kpatakpata in the name of jollof. That one’s just burnt jollof.

You can order Wright’s liquid smoke on eBay if you’re not in America (that’s what I did). Una should try am and let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 3:44am On Nov 09, 2017

I’ll stress again it’s only Wright’s liquid smoke that’s worth buying. That one na pure smoke and water. The other brands sold in the market have added preservatives and nonsense like vinegar in them. Not good.

Oyibos do this liquid smoke distin all the time. It’s just that most Nigerians haven’t heard about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: prittyboi(m), Janyves(m), kasany(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.