Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5749059 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kemiola89(f): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
datalossvictim1: Rice&stew/corn/meat balls grin I'm so immature ...
Biko, which kain combo be this one?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yerilistik: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
datalossvictim1: Rice&stew/corn/meat balls grin I'm so immature ...
Wetin person no go see for this thread biko shocked
Nne how did you arrive at this??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Food

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zemaye: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chillisauce: Food
tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jammal: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jammal: 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Rice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 25, 2014
kemiola89:
Biko, which kain combo be this one?

Lmao! It's just rice stew and beef with corn on the side...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 25, 2014
yerilistik:
Wetin person no go see for this thread biko shocked
Nne how did you arrive at this??

Lol which part? The rice and stew or beef ? Or is it the corn angry what's so special about the food

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by yerilistik: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol which part? The rice and stew or beef ? Or is it the corn angry what's so special about the food

I mean the combination na bomb !
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Inspired by tracybee grin

I was bored and decided to bake.

Before & after

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice smiley
How did you make yours?
datalossvictim1: Inspired by tracybee grin

Before & after

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Nice smiley
How did you make yours?

Thanks !
I watched and learned from a YouTube video.

3 Ingredients
Butter
Sugar
Flour

Measurement
I did not measure like I watched in the video
I just used my eye to measure the quantity I watched in the video.

I mixed the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Then I added the flour until it became a bit sandy.
Then I kneaded it until I could mould it.

I then put the moulded shape in a cling film and left it to cool down in the fridge for 30 mins.

I then placed the mould on the baking pan and kneaded it flat out. Not too flat. Then I made the lines and fork holes grin I'm so immature sorry..

Yeah, then I set the oven to 150 C and baked it for an hour. If you feel the heat is too much, you can reduce it like I did when I noticed it was getting too golden brownish at the top.

There you go coco wink cheesy don't mind me ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thanks smiley
datalossvictim1:

Thanks !
I watched and learned from a YouTube video.

3 Ingredients
Butter
Sugar
Flour

Measurement
I did not measure like I watched in the video
I just used eye measure not from the quantity I watched in the video.

I mixed the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Then I added the flour until it became a bit sandy.
Then I kneaded it until I could mould it.

I then put the moulded shape in a cling film and left it to cool down in the fridge for 30 mins.

I then placed the mould on the baking pan and kneaded it flat out. Not too flat. Then I made the lines and fork holes grin I'm so immature sorry..

Yeah, then I set the oven to 150 C and baked it for an hour. If you feel the heat is too much, you can reduce it like I did when I noticed it was getting too golden brownish at the top.

There you go coco wink cheesy don't mind me ...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nne/Nna, going complete vegan is not easy but can be done.
Eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, fish and nuts).

moca:
Nne, is it possible to go all vegan?
I've been toying with d idea o but no liver cheesy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
datalossvictim1: Inspired by tracybee grin

Before & after

wow this is nice!

I want embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
masonkz:

wow this is nice!

I want embarassed

Aaawwww it's almost finished.

I'll make some next time and send it to you tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2014
Lunch: JJ BLT

Yummy kiss

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 26, 2014
In my kitchen kiss

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2014
jammal: Hmmmmm

Jammal, what's the light grey and dark grey bits at the edge of the plate? embarassed

And what did you place the plate on? Animal fur? lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by krystal101(f): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yummicious from the looks. I want

Ilekere: In my kitchen kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good cooks in the house, I think I need some help.

Every time I go food shopping at the market for fresh foods / meats / veg, I can't help eyeing up those luscious looking garden eggs. Thing is, I've never eaten one, much less know how to cook them. Same thing with water / cocoyams.

Can any one of you recommend a couple of tasty dishes I could make with either or both of these?

Chillisauce? Edwife? Cococandy? Beeevan? LyndaRoyce?

Help a sister out, Biko (preferably with pics) ... cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Me too. Never eaten one.
EfemenaXY: Good cooks in the house, I think I need some help.

Every time I go food shopping at the market for fresh foods / meats / veg, I can't help eyeing up those luscious looking garden eggs. Thing is, I've never eaten one, much less know how to cook them. Same thing with water / cocoyams.

Can any one of you recommend a couple of tasty dishes I could make with either or both of these?

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:13am On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:24am On Sep 27, 2014
Efe here:
Boil th garden egg till tender, mash, add freshly chopped onion, palm oil and salt...pepper is optional.

Boil the garden eggs till tender, mash and set aside.
Pour veggie oil into saucepan, add freshly chopped onion and fry.
Add freshly blended tomato, red bell pepper and habanero. We use freshly made tomatoes paste (not canned or paste).
Finally, she pours her mashed garden eggs, add salt, cook for some minutes and then sauce is ready for yam.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beeevan: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I only know how to munch them straight away or cut them into African salad, am interested in learning other meals I can prepare with it too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2014
beeevan:

I only know how to munch them straight away or cut them into African salad, am interested in learning other meals I can prepare with it too.

Lol @munching straight away!

Morning Beev. How are you & the soldiers? kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:37am On Sep 27, 2014
armyofone: Efe here:
Boil th garden egg till tender, mash, add freshly chopped onion, palm oil and salt...pepper is optional.

Add freshly blended tomato, red bell pepper and habanero. We use freshly made tomatoes paste (not canned or paste).
Finally, she pours her mashed garden eggs, add salt, cook for some minutes and then sauce is ready for yam.

Thanks Army cheesy

But what's Habanero? sad And do I serve the sauce with boiled / fried yam? I suppose either is okay. Amma gonna try this new recipe out too. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 27, 2014

Efe, make garden egg sauce, eat with yam. Very nice. Only if eaten with yam.

For the preparation , I don't really know how but will ask it's the Ghanaian style.

As for cocoyam, I just use it as a thickener .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 27, 2014
armyofone: Efe here:

Correct woman. Only good for old yams.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2014

ahahaha,i have good recipes for them,but they are french. cheesy

You see,in Nigeria they like eating them raw,but with the french they cook them with vegetables,like spinach.

You can make delicious stew out of them.

1.garden egg stew

-7 garden eggs
-5 large tomatoes, chopped
-2 large onions, diced
-1 tbsp of paprika
-1 Chilli pepper
-1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
-1 inch of ginger, peeled and minced
-1/2 lb of steamed fish ( meaty white fish)
-6 king prawns
- coconut oil
- salt
-A pinch of freshly ground black pepper

Boil the garden eggs for 15 minutes, then remove the skin and seeds, dice the garden eggs and place in a bowl until later. Heat coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add some of the diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add the paprika, chilli and nutmeg and let simmer on a medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add the king prawns,then the chopped tomatoes and remaining onion. Let the sauce simmer for about 6 minutes then add water and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the fish and garden eggs and remaining seasonings and heat for 30 minutes until tender.
You can serve it with boil plantain or yam.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2014
edwife:

You see,in Nigeria they like eating them raw,but with the french they cook them with vegetables,like spinach.

1.garden egg stew

-7 garden eggs
-2 large onions, diced
-1 tbsp of paprika
-1 Chilli pepper
-6 king prawns
- coconut oil
- salt

Boil the garden eggs for 15 minutes, then remove the skin and seeds, dice the garden eggs and place in a bowl until later. Heat coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add some of the diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add the paprika, chilli and nutmeg and let simmer on a medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add the king prawns,then the chopped tomatoes and remaining onion. Let the sauce simmer for about 6 minutes then add water and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the fish and garden eggs and remaining seasonings and heat for 30 minutes until tender.

I just love this woman. Edwife i'm salivating already. More grease to your cooking elbow
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2014
edwife:

1.garden egg stew

-7 garden eggs
-2 large onions, diced
-1 tbsp of paprika
-1 Chilli pepper
-6 king prawns
- coconut oil
- salt

Ah...ah..

Even without tasting it, your very detailed description sounds gooood! grin

Not a fan of ginger though. Will also have to pop into my local Morrison's for that coconut oil.

Cheers Eds smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dejarae(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.