Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,708 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5772772 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (3481) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
chucky234: 160 X 1yr right ?
I will make out time for us to drive down to Agbara to see the house and then take some pics for you.

Yes for a year.

Just let me know wen u r ready.
So I can give u the full description.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
bebe2:

Yes for a year.

Just let me know wen u r ready.
So I can give u the full description.
Ok, I'm gradually becoming your caretaker, lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
chucky234: Ok, I'm gradually becoming your caretaker, lol

Lol,
Yes ooo, road far for me nahhh

Am relying on the kindness of strangers grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
bebe2:

Lol,

All is well my sister.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
EfemenaXY: Good cooks in the house, I think I need some help.

Every time I go food shopping at the market for fresh foods / meats / veg, I can't help eyeing up those luscious looking garden eggs. Thing is, I've never eaten one, much less know how to cook them. Same thing with water / cocoyams.

Can any one of you recommend a couple of tasty dishes I could make with either or both of these?

Chillisauce? Edwife? Cococandy? Beeevan? LyndaRoyce?

Help a sister out, Biko (preferably with pics) ... cheesy
There are various delicious dishes one could prepare with cocoyams.....
Personally, I use mine as a thickener...nothing more.
Cocoyam is the first ingredient to cross my mind whenever I decide to prepare my home made onugbu soup....
You must ve heard of it(onugbu soup), haven't you?
Okay, lemme share my recipe...
Ingredient..
--Cocoyams.....7small corms(depending on the soup quantity).
--palm kennel...(Optional) some prefer red oil...but I use palm kennel.
--assorted fish(dry fish,smoked fish,stockfish)
--beef
--pepper, salt, maggi, grounded crayfish and ogiri(to taste).

Before u cook.
Boil the bitterleaves for 15mins.... Wash with cold water such that there is lil or no taste of bitterness left.
Wash and boil your cocoyam and palm kennel till soft....
Remove the cocoyam peels, using a pestle and mortar to pound to smooth paste. Dish the paste out in a small plate.
Then u pound the palm kennel such that its oil would be easy to come off. Wash and then sieve out the oil frm the chaff.....
Preparation.....
Place the pot of the extracted palm kennel oil on your cooker....
Using spoon, Add your cocoyam paste to your mixture.....
Melt your ogiri with warm water, and also add to the pot
Close the pot and allow it boil for 15mins...
Add your assorted fish, grounded crayfish, pepper, maggi and salt to taste....
Stir and allow to boil for 5mins....
Add your bitter leaves....
Stir... Then allow to boil for 2mins.
Dinner is ready!!!
Can be served with semovita, wheat etc.

As regards to garden eggs, I use them to prepare my "african salad" tapioca or abacha....
And sometimes, munch straightaway with my peanut butter(osei oji)...

Wateryam? I don't like it.... Kinda tasteless in my mouth. And the kids? They won't even ve a bite.

How ve u been efe? Longest time
Chillisause lorreta edwife beeevann, how are you and yours?....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
^^ Nice one Lynda, thanks! cheesy cheesy

My dear, I'm good jor. Yes you are right, longest time indeed... How are you and yours? smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 29, 2014
MadCow1: Just Now...

Mad Cow Noodles... grin

Recipe.. Anything I could find in the fridge.. Including:

Green and orange peppers..
Fresh hot chilli peppers.
Shrimps
Minced Meat
Sausages
Onions
Indomie Noodles
Knorr cubes
Dried peppers

pictures..

Looks good! Props!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 7:43am On Sep 29, 2014
LyndaRoyce: There are various delicious dishes one could prepare with cocoyams.....
Personally, I use mine as a thickener...nothing more.
Cocoyam is the first ingredient to cross my mind whenever I decide to prepare my home made onugbu soup....
You must ve heard of it(onugbu soup), haven't you?
Okay, lemme share my recipe...
Ingredient..
--Cocoyams.....7small corms(depending on the soup quantity).
--palm kennel...(Optional) some prefer red oil...but I use palm kennel.
--assorted fish(dry fish,smoked fish,stockfish)
--beef
--pepper, salt, maggi, grounded crayfish and ogiri(to taste).

Before u cook.
Boil the bitterleaves for 15mins.... Wash with cold water such that there is lil or no taste of bitterness left.
Wash and boil your cocoyam and palm kennel till soft....
Remove the cocoyam peels, using a pestle and mortar to pound to smooth paste. Dish the paste out in a small plate.
Then u pound the palm kennel such that its oil would be easy to come off. Wash and then sieve out the oil frm the chaff.....
Preparation.....
Place the pot of the extracted palm kennel oil on your cooker....
Using spoon, Add your cocoyam paste to your mixture.....
Melt your ogiri with warm water, and also add to the pot
Close the pot and allow it boil for 15mins...
Add your assorted fish, grounded crayfish, pepper, maggi and salt to taste....
Stir and allow to boil for 5mins....
Add your bitter leaves....
Stir... Then allow to boil for 2mins.
Dinner is ready!!!
Can be served with semovita, wheat etc.

As regards to garden eggs, I use them to prepare my "african salad" tapioca or abacha....
And sometimes, munch straightaway with my peanut butter(osei oji)...

Wateryam? I don't like it.... Kinda tasteless in my mouth. And the kids? They won't even ve a bite.

How ve u been efe? Longest time
Chillisause lorreta edwife beeevann, how are you and yours?....

Hi Lynda,

Just want to ask a few questions

1. Is boiling the bitterleaf meant to remove the bitterness or does it do something else?

2. Did you boil your stock before adding to the cocoyam paste? I am thinking 5mins is short for it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Hi Lynda,

1. Is boiling the bitterleaf meant to remove the bitterness or does it do something else?

2. Did you boil your stock before adding to the cocoyam paste? I am thinking 5mins is short for it

i know soaking the bitterleaf in hot water removes the bitterness.
2. boil your stock before adding cocoyam paste.

hello lyndaroyce
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Hi Lynda,

My bad... Seems I omitted that in my recipe..... You boil your stock before you add the paste.. And yea, boiling the bitterleaf b4 wash is to remove the bitter taste......
Hello buka...hope u're good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2014
LyndaRoyce:

My bad... Seems I omitted that in my recipe..... You boil your stock before you add the paste.. And yea, boiling the bitterleaf b4 wash is to remove the bitter taste......
Hello buka...hope u're good.

I am good, thanks

We wash the bitterleaf with palm oil

@Stock, I guessed as much

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2014
Chillisauce:

i know soaking the bitterleaf in hot water removes the bitterness.
2. boil your stock before adding cocoyam paste.

hello lyndaroyce

Hi Chillisauce cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Hi Chillisauce cheesy

Welcome to our kitchen!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
bebe2:

Lol,

How today sis, I'm free tomorrow and can check out the apartment.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rebella(f): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
@madcow1, much respect to your cooking skills. Erm, can I borrow your kitchen for 1 day ?

I use cocoyam when I am doing oha soup
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beeevan: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lynda is that you cheesy?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
chucky234: How today sis, I'm free tomorrow and can check out the apartment.

We dey o my brother.
Yeah tmrw is fine.

Will pm u d address.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
bebe2:

We dey o my brother.
Yeah tmrw is fine.

Will pm u d address.
ok, is there anyone we can call when we get to the estate.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lepasharon(f): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mmmm..yummy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
beeevan: Lynda is that you cheesy?

No its you tongue
"Munch straightaway hun... #i understand..... #winks
My kisses to ur kids

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AfricanApple(f): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
LyndaRoyce:

No its you tongue
"Munch straightaway hun... #i understand..... #winks
My kisses to ur kids
and who say I didn't miss this gentle woman

mrs Lynda I hail o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bebe2(f): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
chucky234: ok, is there anyone we can call when we get to the estate.

i will give u the number of my contractor.
he might even be working there.

if not i will give u a gud description so u can go there urself.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
bebe2:

ok.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
I tried so hard to upload these pictures yesterday to no avail, but am glad it worked today...

White Jollof Rice made with bleached Palm oil...awesome taste

Beans and plantain jollof ..

Egusi soup and tomatoe stew

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Beans and plantain..

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chucky234(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
bebe2:

Sat will be just fine.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sheunfemix: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
LyndaRoyce cheesy long tym.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by palacious: 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
White Rice and Catfish Pepper soup

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tranxo(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2014
yme1: well. . . .My own way of preparing tomatoes egg cheesy
looks tempting. recipe please
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Roland17: I tried so hard to upload these pictures yesterday to no avail, but am glad it worked today...

White Jollof Rice made with bleached Palm oil...awesome taste

Beans and plantain jollof ..

Egusi soup and tomatoe stew
nice job wink
palacious: White Rice and Catfish Pepper soup
shey mama put na your kitchen so

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Truckpusher(m): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2014
cococandy: nice job wink shey mama put na your kitchen so
I am aware that ladies love mama put sha......how I wan take talk about wetin I no sabi cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (3481) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bukenke86 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.