Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards (11744 Views)

Ben Murray-bruce Serves Epic Clap Back To Guy Who Tried To Disrespect Him / Jonathan’s Body Guards Posted Out Of Aso Rock Villa At Last / APC Resorts To Private Security Guards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by blackmann(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2012
I noticed these days, especially here in Abuja, that people show no regard whatsoever to security men stationed at places. These men are there to protect and maintain order, but u see some pompous elements of the society insult them as if they are nothing but fat flies and beggars. These men are trying to earn their daily pay to put bread on their tables, but the way people insult them for carrying out their duties baffles and puts a lot to mind.

Why do people look down on security men/women? Aren't they humans as well? Why do some people behave so callous and rude to them?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
it is what they sow that they are reaping, its unfortunate though! the security men are too arrogant, especialy d police dat are suppose to be friend of the people. we can actualy excuse d arrogancy of soldiers.
d way police carry demselves n d society s not a good story t write and an unborn child know dat what a Nigeria police wants frm you is 20/50 naira, dey ar a set of rude beggars!
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
In Nigeria, Money = Respect

No Money = No respect

I believe your question has been answered.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by lekzy007(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
it happens almost every part of the country,some people look at the security men/women like people without hope.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Because they don't carry guns.The only thing respected is the gun.if na lie make you go slap Mopol.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by lilvonz(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Only the ones that got no guns tho
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by freakcin: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Not just security men, anyone perceived not to be rich is instantly relegated subconsciously. Which really is a bad attitude. Na only naija peeps dey look down on anyone not rich.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Vicotex(m): 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
jackbauersballs: In Nigeria, Money = Respect

No Money = No respect

u re quite funny lolz
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by chinnyonwu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Because theve not been able to tackle the boko boiz yet they prey on the weaker citizens sad
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by omicron(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Cos in Ngeria, there is no dignity of labour. If u are not a banker, lawyer, doctor, engineer, a high civil servant or such elitist professions/jobs then your rep is gone. Cleaners, Gate keepers, security men, Messengers, Store keepers etc hardly get respect from Nigerians. It's a mirror of our value system sha. When people want to respect u, they will first of weigh how much money u make.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by packman: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
[size=30pt]A QUESTION ONLY GOD CAN ANSWER..............[/size]
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by KingPradas(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Because there are rude, and they dont respect people.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
KingPradas: Because there are rude, and they dont respect people.

You mean like that Display pic you are presenting to the Public?.

A sweaty niqqah with some sloppy tattoos...

Get on outa hea Bwoy...wit that Boolshit asss Display Pic.

Go take a shower and Dry yo face Niqqah.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by manny4life(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
The way you carry yourself will determine how someone regards you. People naturally tend to look down of security officers everywhere, but some don't insult them like they do in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by ehispapa(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
blackmann: I noticed these days, especially here in Abuja, that people show no regard whatsoever to security men stationed at places. These men are there to protect and maintain order, but u see some pompous elements of the society insult them as if they are nothing but fat flies and beggars. These men are trying to earn their daily pay to put bread on their tables, but the way people insult them for carrying out their duties baffles and puts a lot to mind.

Why do people look down on security men/women? Aren't they humans as well? Why do some people behave so callous and rude to them?
dont mind them, go abroad and see the way they respect illiterate guards, talkless of police..mtchwee
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
because dem no jam dem with gun for night
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by GentleNaaz(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
@ op, if u wan knw d reason y, slap a police man n dn u go slap army man. U go notice d difrnc n dn u wud knw d reason
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by prettyboi1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
The answer's simply that "most Nigerians are stewpeed." Every Nigerian always wants to feel above the law. This is the same reason it is hard to tackle boko Haram... Because most Nigerians would always want to feel above the law & be acting stewpidly rude when they are stopped to be searched. How then won't boko boys pass such checks? when they (boko boys) can just act like the average Nigerian. Nigerians are generally undisciplined & lawless goats & we need someone that would wage war against indiscipline & purge the entire country clean from top to bottom in ALL SECTORS by making penalties to lawlessness very stringent & HARSH.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
lynpetra: because dem no jam dem with gun for night

Damn Look at this Fine Chocolate Sister^ tongue

Shirt looks like a damn Coloring Book, You Fine as Hell, can i bring my daughter over to your house so she can color on ya Shirt Mamii?

My Blaq Chocolate Goddess.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
~Royal~:

Damn Look at this Fine Chocolate Sister^ tongue

Shirt looks like a damn Coloring Book, You Fine as Hell, can i bring my daughter over to your house so she can color on ya Shirt Mamii?

My Blaq Chocolate Goddess.

kisssend her rite away
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by maygah(f): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
Because they look down on security guards & feel dey re shit. Just like one did to our office guard today. Ewo afoju di , lo ma mu won lo ju tongue
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by baby124: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
He doesnt have a weapon na. You know Nigerians get mouth. If he carries gun you will see them walking cautiously. If he shouts they will say "SIR?". grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by OluDD: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
I heared this new bulk sms website is carrying out pilot run on their bulk sms website and they are giving free sms upon subcription
www.sonshinesms.com
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by GentleNaaz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
On 27 Dec. 2011, i wnt 2 c my girl. Yl we wr 2geda, 3 guys appeard n askd ha "so ds is d guy dat hs bn behnd ur hard 2 get". 1 of dm confrontd me n i bounced on hm*figth bgn*. After about 13 minutes fight, i realized dat dose guys r army men.
Dy made call n hilux wt extra 4 soldiers appeard. Wr dy carry me go dat 9t, i no knw. Dy beat me so teh i come dy c stars ascndn n dscndn. I tnk God say i survive am.
If i wan chyk any girl nw, i wl first ask ha " do u knw any army guy, weda na broda, frnd, neighbor, church member, or any tn at all"
trut b told, i visitd hell dat 9t n came bk 2 lif

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by GentleNaaz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
lilvonz: Only the ones that got no guns tho
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2012

No Money = No respect

I promise u OP, this is ur answer. Whether they are credible or not money changes the way 'Nigerians' approach a person.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=Gentle Naaz]On 27 Dec. 2011, i wnt 2 c my girl. Yl we wr 2geda, 3 guys appeard n askd ha "so ds is d guy dat hs bn behnd ur hard 2 get". 1 of dm confrontd me n i bounced on hm*figth bgn*. After about 13 minutes fight, i realized dat dose guys r army men.
Dy made call n hilux wt extra 4 soldiers appeard. Wr dy carry me go dat 9t, i no knw. Dy beat me so teh i come dy c stars ascndn n dscndn. I tnk God say i survive am.
If i wan chyk any girl nw, i wl first ask ha " do u knw any army guy, weda na broda, frnd, neighbor, church member, or any tn at all"
trut b told, i visitd hell dat 9t n came bk 2 lif[/quotey

you shud ve reported them na.Army has code of ethics na,dem for put them for guard room if u report to thr rite command
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by ignis: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2012

No Money = No respect

You are on point
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by dickhardener: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
~Royal~:

You mean like that Display pic you are presenting to the Public?.

A sweaty niqqah with some sloppy tattoos...

Get on outa hea Bwoy...wit that Boolshit asss Display Pic.

Go take a shower and Dry yo face Niqqah.

Bros this your nigga yo nigga yo talk is hard to understand o.
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
lynpetra:

kisssend her rite away

As Ebony as Lynpetra!
Re: Why Do Some People Disrespect Security Guards by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Haaaa!! Did I hear the op say they are protecting us? Or we are the one's protecting them ok check this out, you run to a group of policemen on the road to report a robbery scene going on and the next thing you notice is dusts they ve all scampered for there lives. That's how we protect them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / 2019 Campaign: Osinbajo Thrills Abuja Residents To `next Level’ Song- Vanguard / Nnamdi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Complication – IMN Confirms (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.