Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State (21009 Views)

Photos From Fatal Accident Close To UNIZIK In Awka Area Of Anambra State / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
calabaman:
Lol tot of that too, but "Calabaman" sounds funnier. Besides back den in school pple were fond of calling me calabaman anytym dey hear my surname. So it kinda stuck
Nigerians call anyone who's from Akwa Ibom or Cross river a Calabar person. They think Calabar is the name of a tribe. You guys have to start correcting that impression by letting them know that you're Either Efik, Ibibio, Anang etc because when a lie goes on for too long, it becomes the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by MeGaStReEt: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
See as Anambra be like village compared to Calabar
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by manny4life(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice pics though, at least, though we still need development, but these pics are no different than Lagos. In fact, most of them are better than some swampy dirty area in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by mallorca(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice picha from Awka-Amawbia-Ekwulobia
Ekwulobia Roundabout stiil be d same since 10yrs ago,nothing don change
So,Devlopment neva still enta Nri till date,
See as Aguata post office be like evill forest.

Nice Job Eze mmuo Okija
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
kcswat: Where are all d ofe people who never step out of Lagos that say SE is scanty, all this pics na Village. See how dense it is.SOUTH EAST VILLAGES IS THE BOMB. I'VNT. SEEN A MUD HOUSE B4 IN SE. IGBO KWENU

See Ekwulobia
Not a place most non Igbos know or have heard of
See how deserted grin
I just laff when I read all that " go back to your deserted villages"
This is our deserted village ROFL

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by mallorca(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Baby mama: It is exciting to see someone capture some pictures of rural Imo and Anambra
Looks a million times better than where some people live in the large cities
Small thing you for enter my village cheesy
Loved the pictures to pieces
My best was where you were buying a bottle of cashew nuts,the smile on the face of that little girl was priceless

Keep them coming bro
seconded
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by MeGaStReEt: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
See as Anambra be like village compared to Calabar
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by LightSon(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Okija_juju: Imo............

I think This is Orlu

Confirmed, this Orlu with construction site at almost all corners. Kudos to Rochas Okorocha's government... God will help him complete all!
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
MeGaStReEt: See as Anambra be like village compared to Calabar
That's rural Anambra. How can you compare it with Calabar. Na wa for some of you.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Kaiii Nigeria is very dirty. look at the walls. Dirty
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2012

[size=18pt]The pictures in Anambra are from rural towns and Calabar is a state capital
Can't you people read?[/size]
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
He took the pic of the route he pass through nt the whole of Anambra state
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
Anambra state is nothing to write about when compared to cross river state. The towns are even worst than the rural villages.

1 Like

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by eaglechild: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
P.U.S.H:
Anambra state is nothing to write about when compared to cross river state. The towns are even worst than the rural villages.
U mean Calabar vs Nri and Ekwulobia which are 'rural'.
Pls wake up.

1 Like

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Niggmatic: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
mallorca: Nice picha from Awka-Amawbia-Ekwulobia
Ekwulobia Roundabout stiil be d same since 10yrs ago,nothing don change
So,Devlopment neva still enta Nri till date,
See as Aguata post office be like evill forest.

Nice Job Eze mmuo Okija
seriously, i'm not expecting much development in Nri soon considering its location. Ichida and Nri are two communities in Anaocha that are yet to record any visible development apart from road construction.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by calabaman(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Nigerians call anyone who's from Akwa Ibom or Cross river a Calabar person. They think Calabar is the name of a tribe. You guys have to start correcting that impression by letting them know that you're Either Efik, Ibibio, Anang etc because when a lie goes on for too long, it becomes the truth.
Brotherly u are ryt. As i said, the name calabaman sounds funny thats why i decided on it! But i let people know am proudly ibibio frm ikono in Akwa Ibom State. I guess its my fault for creating the impression that i choose the name calabaman because of pples belief that anyone from that syd is Calabar. You ave made ur point oga anambra and i totally agree with u!
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by owanku: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice thread nwanne. I'm from Anambra and I was kinda disappointed with the pix of Awka (capital city) in comparison to Calabar and Uyo. I recognised Arroma junction, Eke Awka junction/road and the road enroute Amawbia close 2 d prison. Nothing has really changed sad For those blaming the OP for posting pixs of erosion sites in Imo, he took pixs ALONG HIS ROUTE. My family house at Nnewi has a massive erosion site behind it, was there b4 I was born and still there. I wouldn't mind if he posted pixs from there too.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pictures of Anambra messed up the thread... sad

Calabar is arguably the most beautiful state in Nigeria...
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by mojounited(m): 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
Okija_juju: Destination............ UYO!!
***** Itu Bridge *****

The conditions of that Itu bridge and other federal roads are rather becoming worrisome... The good news is that Gov. Akpabio has been given approval by the Federal Government to carry out reconstruction and dualisation of Akwa Ibom state sections of the Itu - Calabar and Ikot Ekpene - Aba/Umuahia roads, which will be reimbursed upon completion. So I guess the bridge will be reconstructed as well. Hopefully, that gets done before life threatening incidents occur...
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by azpekuliar: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice pics from Calaba and Uyo. Spent my formative years in NNMC, Itu LGA, Akwa-Ibom. Of all the pics, I recognise that roundabout which used to be called 'Ibom connection' back in da day during the Idong Esit Nkanga adminstration. On your way from Calabar to Uyo why did'nt you take a photograph of the Cross River bridge ? Its just before a junction called 'workshop' in Itu LGA that takes you to Oku-Iboku. Or is it what you call the 'Itu bridge' in your photographs? Oku-Iboku in Itu LGA is home to the Nigerian Newsprint Manufacturing Company. A vibrant paper print company in the '80s before Babangida's de-industrialisation drive ruined it!
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
shymexx: Pictures of Anambra messed up the thread... sad

Calabar is arguably the most beautiful state in Nigeria...
He took the pics of Calabar city which is just one part of the state of Cross River. Had he gone round CR, you would have seen the same picture like you saw in Anambra. Since Okija is from Anambra, he had to go to the interior especially the rural areas to take pictures which he couldn't do in other states that he visited. it was more like a pass through in CR, AK and IM.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by azpekuliar: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
In Itu LGA there is this small town called Mbak still en-route Uyo well before Nkim junction. There used to be a sculpture of a large hand holding an egg or something, is it still there?
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by somegirl1: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pitch Awka vs Calabar and Owerri vs Calabar, not entire states against a capital.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by kannymoore(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
some-girl:
Pitch Awka vs Calabar and Owerri vs Calabar, not entire states against a capital.

erm..sister.. Even if you pitch Calabar against all the capital cities in the South-East...or even most state capitals in Nigeria, CALABAR STILL TRUMPS THEM ALL!..

And thats a sad fact!
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
kannymoore:

erm..sister.. Even if you pitch Calabar against all the capital cities in the South-East...or even most state capitals in Nigeria, CALABAR STILL TRUMPS THEM ALL!..

And thats a sad fact!
Calabar will definitely thump most if not all state capitals when you talk of beauty. But there are other criteria that other cities will also use to thump Calabar.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
I THINK THIS STATES ARE ACN STATES grin grin grin
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:

I AGREE 100%.
However isnt Kalabari a sub-tribe of the Ijaws
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I AGREE 100%.
Yeah, they're kinda like a sub-tribe of Ijaws.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Charles1234: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I AGREE 100%.
Let use simple Illustration to solve this misunderstanding of Nigerian...Let use the formal Bendel state.which was Formally Edo state and Delta state of present,Delta state was created so it will be stupid for anyone to call Delta state people, Benin man or benin woman ,Benin is just the capital of Edo state ,the same with Akwa Ibom and Cross river state,Akwa Ibom was formally a local government in cross River state but in 1989,Akwa Ibom state was created but it still funny people haven't accepted it that Akwa Ibom is a State on it owns,refering Akwa Ibom people as the capital of cross river ,which calerber is not right..
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by somegirl1: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
kannymoore:

And thats a sad fact!

Which wins isn't the point. Comparison should be fair.
Nigerian capitals serve to mask the failings of states.

I've heard Calabar is nice and have heard Enugu (city) is as well.
Owerri, I hear, is not bad.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
bandiejay: Amambra Road dey learn where CrossRiver dey.. Okija Thumb up and btween why did the yellow Fever guy frowned U abi na so him face be? grin
By cross river you mean calabar municipal, cos if you venture up north towards ikom to ogoja you will cry. I've gone round both anambra and cross river and I think generally the roads in anambra might even be better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LRU Recovered A Fallen Truck At Suru-Alaba, Lagos (PHOTOS) / Groom, His Brother, Sister Killed In Fatal Auto Crash On Their Way To Katsina / How Much To Hold In Bank Account For Canadian Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.