Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State (21006 Views)

Photos From Fatal Accident Close To UNIZIK In Awka Area Of Anambra State / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
He took the pics of Calabar city which is just one part of the state of Cross River. Had he gone round CR, you would have seen the same picture like you saw in Anambra. Since Okija is from Anambra, he had to go to the interior especially the rural areas to take pictures which he couldn't do in other states that he visited. it was more like a pass through in CR, AK and IM.

Fam, are those pictures from Anambra - Yes, or No?? If they're, why try to defend the pictures?? Doing so means you're defending the clueless and corrupt governor of the state - and it's unacceptable....

Interior, or exterior - the damn place looks like Somalia, period...

And before you go the Lagos route, just know I call Lagos a snarl-up hell-on-earth... grin
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
shymexx:

Fam, are those pictures from Anambra - Yes, or No?? If they're, why try to defend the pictures?? Doing so means you're defending the clueless and corrupt governor of the state - and it's unacceptable....

Interior, or exterior - the damn place looks like Somalia, period...
I'm not defending anything. I'm educating you on the need not to compair a village with a city like Calabar. That's not fair.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not defending anything. I'm educating you on the need not to compair a village with a city like Calabar. That's not fair.

So, villagers don't deserve good roads and a clean environment, no??

The poster didn't compare the two places, he only posted pictures from his road-trip... And from the pictures - Anambra roads are death traps and the place is dirty... However, Calabar is on a completely different level...

God bless Calabar - the jewel of Nigeria!! cool
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
@shymex i bet dis Anambra villages is better than ur state capital.i've bn to some towns in the SW. 90% of the people are damn poor and dirty
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Emusan: OMG da pada....600+kb, my mb don finish ooo angryangry
buy BB
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Luchitec(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
First Lady of NVS, how you dey?
Baby mama:

Me too
So sad that insecurity will not allow us do that anymore
My father took us all over Nigeria in his peugeot when we were kids
I still remember my trip to calabar zoo with nostalgia

Yankari game reserve in Bauchi
Wild life park in Jos etc
Amusement park in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Rhea(f): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Okija Juju thank you for this amazing excursion down memory lane. You do well plenty plenty. Keep up the good work.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by omowolewa: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
Great
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Sugardiva(f): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice post. Love the pics. Pls take a trip to other parts of naija so we can see d picstory.

By the way its Cross River State not Cross Rivers. Just that I shld say since a lotta NLs make dis mistake.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
kcswat: @shymex i bet dis Anambra villages is better than ur state capital.i've bn to some towns in the SW. 90% of the people are damn poor and dirty

SMFDH... The difference between you and me is that - every time I see pictures of the ugly parts of Lagos, I always feel like blowing the noodles of those who made the place the filth it's off!! Flow my lead, numbnut!!

Comparing 10th world savagery to another one - medieval Nigerian mentality and emptiness!! undecided
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by eaglechild: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
shymexx:

SMFDH... The difference between you and me is that - every time I see pictures of the ugly parts of Lagos, I always feel like blowing the noodles of those who made the place the filth it's off!! Flow my lead, numbnut!!

Comparing 10th world savagery to another one - medieval Nigerian mentality and emptiness!! undecided
I guess u are averse to education.
The Anambra roads i saw are not death traps. They are rural roads which happen to be paved.
They are not as wide as the roads in Calabar or Uyo which are state capitals.
The worrisome pics i saw include the itu bridge road in Cross river and that of the erosion site in Imo.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
My candid assessment - From the pictures displayed, Calabar is finest. You can see the good, well kept roads and green trees dotting the green areas. Anambra and Uyo roads look rough and unkempt. They probably dont care for the plants on the major streets nor do they recognise that grasses if they were planted at all in the green areas of the streets should be protected and nurtured. For me, Calabar is the destination of choice.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by iconaus: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
The peeson who displayed the photos are bias given that he went to the remote villages in the east and shot the photos and even showed how far the east has gone interns of development . No mud or shabby houses as could be seen in other states .
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by 4chi: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
kcswat: Where are all d ofe people who never step out of Lagos that say SE is scanty, all this pics na Village. See how dense it is.SOUTH EAST VILLAGES IS THE BOMB. I'VNT. SEEN A MUD HOUSE B4 IN SE. IGBO KWENU
Ode, when you get what you are angling for now, you will start calling on the moderators and start whining in the typical okoro mode.as rightly advised you had better metchie onu, focus on the thread,jerk off like the others and move on
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by cold(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Abeg the only beautiful picture up there is the nut buying photo & the smile on the girl's face grin Maybe that could be attributed to the fact that i'm a sucker for nuts...lol. Nice one Okalla madu,kala muo. You did a stellar job
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 09, 2012
I so much love Uyo cool
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by oncode1: 12:44am On Dec 09, 2012
Thanks for this pictures boss, can't believe you took a picture of my village junction shocked and my local Government (Njaba LGA) grin damn, I sure miss naija/home. seeing this pics just reminds me of how much SWEET HOME IS cheesy THANKS A MILLION

1 Like

Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by macob(m): 2:24am On Dec 09, 2012
Alusi plz wat are u telling dat babe dat sells cashewnuts? I no trust u oo. lol
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by gregg2: 5:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Calabar will never disappoint anyday. . . but those Anambra villages are cool, considering they are villages.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by sandy409(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2012
Akwa ibom state ' d finest'. Truely Akwa ibom 'ayaya'
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by gregg2: 8:30am On Dec 09, 2012
Baby mama:

[size=18pt]The pictures in Anambra are from rural towns and Calabar is a state capital
Can't you people read?[/size]

Yea . . . I think some peeps here are just trying to make jest of Afam, considering he is from South East.

Anyway, I think Calabar is blessed naturally. The city does not have this kind of red, dusty soil we saw in Anambra.
Besides. it has a large body of water (sea) stretching almost the right length of the city providing this welcoming temperature to visitors.
The Calabar drainage system too, though not underground like Abuja and Uyo, is very effective. It rains silly,but dries up almost immediately.
So apart from the clean and green, nature favoured Calabar.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Blyss: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
Every single town and city outside of North and South Africa look like a Ghetto mess.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 10, 2012
ROTFLMAOOOO excuse me, Wha da fcukk is this?

shocked shocked

Last time I was in Ekiti, our own was 5x the size of this one nau

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/905240_main_glb_corp_localep-ngHOMEPHC1L0239211DocumentsNew_FolderDSC00731_jpg4cbb25c322dcc44941804adc0460c400[/img]
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by somegirl1: 2:37am On Dec 10, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
ROTFLMAOOOO excuse me, Wha da fcukk is this?

shocked shocked

Last time I was in Ekiti, our own was 5x the size of this one nau

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/905240_main_glb_corp_localep-ngHOMEPHC1L0239211DocumentsNew_FolderDSC00731_jpg4cbb25c322dcc44941804adc0460c400[/img]

explains a lot
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Okijajuju1(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2012
eaglechild: Okija_juju
The Nri picture with the Brothers that did ichi ozo ceremony, wow! actually got an IV but only my folks attended!
Still have their souvenir.
Small world.

You got an IV to the ozo celebrations?!!

I'm somewhat related to those folks you know.. grin
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:01am On Dec 10, 2012
icon aus: The peeson who displayed the photos are bias given that he went to the remote villages in the east and shot the photos and even showed how far the east has gone interns of development . No mud or shabby houses as could be seen in other states .

Sir...

In all fairness, apart from the pictures of Owerri (which will come later), every other picture you see simply fell in my route.. I was on a drive to attend a friends fathers funeral in Amawbia, stopped in Nri to see my Grand father and made my way back to Port-Harcourt via Ekwulobia and Owerri.. It was only on entering Owerri that I decided to stop and spend the night there while trying to bring Nairalanders some pictures of the state capital.. If there was any bias in my photos, it was towards Owerri and no other place.. I am an Anambra man, I wouldnt put down my own. I simply took pictures of the places I passed on my way back.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2012
And to those of you who loved my pictures, I took them with you guys in mind..

There is no better way to tell a story than with nice pictures..

I was rather dissapointed with the state of Onitsha and Akwa. The road from Onitsha to Akwa is pitiful.. Not even an SUV can withsatnd the over 10km of bad road. I wonder what it would look like in the rainny season. And more disheartening is the fact that I didnt see any construction work going on. Nri seems like no government has entered the place since 1990.. However, even with the obvious neglect from the government, there is no questioning the beauty of serenity of the towns & villages I passed.. Agulu was lovely..

I will be returning to Nnewi this christmas for a wedding, I hope to bring you guys pictures of the world famous Nnewi... Oganiru Anambra..
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by Afam4eva(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2012
We're expecting the pics from Owerri..

Nice Job Man.
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by exalt2009: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2012
I am very happy to see these picture...God bless you very much...I will be glad to go with U̶̲̥̅̊. on any of your road trip again becos I am a̶̲̥̅̊ historian...so you know why I am very happy....
Okija_juju: And to those of you who loved my pictures, I took them with you guys in mind..

There is no better way to tell a story than with nice pictures..

I was rather dissapointed with the state of Onitsha and Akwa. The road from Onitsha to Akwa is pitiful.. Not even an SUV can withsatnd the over 10km of bad road. I wonder what it would look like in the rainny season. And more disheartening is the fact that I didnt see any construction work going on. Nri seems like no government has entered the place since 1990.. However, even with the obvious neglect from the government, there is no questioning the beauty of serenity of the towns & villages I passed.. Agulu was lovely..

I will be returning to Nnewi this christmas for a wedding, I hope to bring you guys pictures of the world famous Nnewi... Oganiru Anambra..
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by bbporsche: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2012
mike404:
nwokem mechie onu there

y r u beefing the guy for sayin the truth nah??

@poster; nice work kiss kiss. im proud to be a native of Akwa Ibom kiss smiley
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by bbporsche: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
calabaman:
Brotherly u are ryt. As i said, the name calabaman sounds funny thats why i decided on it! But i let people know am proudly ibibio frm ikono in Akwa Ibom State. I guess its my fault for creating the impression that i choose the name calabaman because of pples belief that anyone from that syd is Calabar. You ave made ur point oga anambra and i totally agree with u!

so u r my broda. i'm from Ini, i just sent u a pm
Re: Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State by gidiMonsta(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
Why is there red dust all over the place? Why is everywhere so rough?

Calabar & Uyo looks very nice, the rest is as shitty as they come. Utter BS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Knocked Down By Hit & Run Driver In Nnewi. Do You Know Him? (Graphic Photos) / LRU Recovered A Fallen Truck At Suru-Alaba, Lagos (PHOTOS) / Groom, His Brother, Sister Killed In Fatal Auto Crash On Their Way To Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.