Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man (1329 Views)

Buhari's Ministerial List: Who Will Make It...? / Why Igbo's May Remain Politically Irrelevant In Nigeria / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by zentarr(m): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why Igbo's may not make it in Nigeria 2015 presidential race. Thoughts of a young igbo man.
Disclaimer: This are my thought and in no any way represent the collective ideology of the igbo tribe. This is my present mindset on this issue at this point in time in my life and it freely may evolve as I grow. This opinion is mine and in no anyway intend to be enforced on anybody.

First I am proud of being an igbo boy, born in this generation and time. Not in a tribalistic sense but in acknowledgement of the fact that I love where am from, our culture, beliefs, pride, entrepreneurial prowess, determination, tenacity in the face of opposition and extinction. We've survived the war, we've survived what life and Nigeria has thrown at us yet, we still stand flourishing in different sectors of the Nigerian's economy, creating jobs and doing exploits.
Like every other tribe we have our strengths and most importantly our weakness and unless we deal with our weakness, we still have a long way to go.
Now back to the reason of the post. Why I think we may not succeed in ruling Nigeria come 2015, is a result of my following observation. like I said it's my OPINION.

As a young man in my early 20's, born in a generation of change, progressive enlightenment and education of the Nigerian populace, my reason are embedded in just 2 points.

1. Before we can rule we have to Face some hard reality, answer some hard questions and form a consensus: The first reality is that we lost the war, forget about the "no victor, no vanquish" crap our fathers fed us, if we won we would've been Biafrans not Nigeria. Yes the reason we started the war was a noble and just one, we were face with homicidal tendencies by the north, We also know our heroes, scientist and soldiers fought bravely but the sad thing is that we lost it. And because we lost it we are victims. Let stop being in denial and face the truth. Yes we are victims there i said it, what are we doing to turn this tide, are we going to keep blaming the north or the west for making us victims and denying us the our right and also chance to rule this nation, or are we going to sit back and take active steps to turn this tide. Truth be told the north and the west are doing what any sane tribe would do to a fellow tribe they see as stubborn, brave enough to start a war and is also blessed with resources they really need. Which is to subdue and denying them of position of power lest they offset the balance of the nation, they see us as been unpredictable, a threat and thus the idea of them seeing us in power is not an option.
Yes we lost. Where do we go from here, Are we bent on bringing Biafra to existence? Or we going to try to give ONE NIGERIA a try? I'll say really let's give one Nigeria a try. Why do I chose this option, it's because having our own nation will not in any way solve our problems at all, instead it is the beginning of a set of new ones, because the fact is that we lack unity, we are toooooo proud, we hate each other, for real we will end up killing ourselves. Also we don't have enough land, talk less of resources, the real resource is in the hand of the south south, which on the other had do not see them self as igbo and unlike before are now enlightened and will never let us rule over or enjoy their resources, biafra would've have worked then when they were unenlightened and really respected the igbo's. Even if they agree to go with us now we will still have division (Niger deltans and Igbo's) because of our pride we still see them as inferior, instead of equals. One Nigeria to me is a must not an option and until we as a tribe have this idea buried deep into our mind we've not started. Cos once we do so we will now start taking conscious steps to fit into this nation, not as individually as we see currently happening, but collectively as an ethnic group. With one voice and one mission, which is to regain our respect in this forced union through intellect, industry and our existing entrepreneurial prowess . We will strive to be a tribe that is not feared but respected. We need to understand that diversity is Nigeria's strength not her weakness. In fact the United States of America is the most diverse and also the most powerful nation on earth, made up of 50 states (each of them the size of Nigeria) all living together as one.

We are a minority group and should as such think like one. By this statement I don't mean we should see our self as minor or inferior but understand that as a every other minority group in a system of government that favors the voice of the majority (democracy) we are screwed. We are screwed in the sense that often time our opinions will be rejected our desire to rule will be faced with strong opposition, some things will be more difficult for us to achieve, this is fact is a reality, just like what the blacks are facing in the united state.

2. We need step back sort our priorities, question our motivation and Re-strategizes :- Why do we want to rule Nigeria? is it because we feel we've been denied that number one sit for decades, therefore we deserve it. Or because we need a man up there that will protect our interest, or one that will help us make Biafras separation possible using his executive powers. We need to question our motive and chose the right one, once we do that, we are half way there.

In my opinion our motive should be noble just, not selfish and fair. Our motive as a people not as individual should be thus. "We the igbo as a tribe have something great, unique and positive to offer this nation , this union and we want to deliver and showcase this greatness to our brothers in the north, west and south, actively contributing our own quota to aid the well being of every member of this nation doing so through unity of purpose, industry and intellect". This my friend is a better motive. With a better motive the path to recovery and stronger integration will be more easier. This motive will leads us to first discover our greatness and uniqueness afresh and take active steps to build on this greatness.

Our greatness is seen in our creative ingenuity, entrepreneurial prowess and business sense. let's look for ways to build and expand on this strength and to build this we need to start from the home . Our leaders need to go back sit down, think and look for ways to create an ecosystem in our states that promotes and rewards creativity and innovation, build well grounded business professional, create future leaders of industry, power the entrepreneurial potential of our people and create a conducive environment that has the ability of attracting the best and the brightest in the Africa. We should strive as individual and collectively as a tribe to shun mediocrity and crime. Focus on taking step to make our respective states better, cleaner, industrial, conducive and safer, Revamp our educational system, make one that churn out top quality graduates. Until we can do this we will never be taking serious. If we can revamp the east for good, we can do so for Nigeria.

In conclusion what the Nigerian people need is not an igbo, Hausa or Yoruba president, What they need is someone with a very strong game plan to revamp and move this nation forward, a person with the will passion and necessary firmness to stick to the plan. A man with a drive to make us the envy of the world not to enrich his pocket. Nigerians are becoming more enlightened intelligent and open, we are gradually getting to an era where superior ideas rule, I bet you if we van can provide this person. then we have our president. Remember good leadership starts from the home.
#justsaying.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
I agree.
Nigeria does not, and will NEVER trust an IGBO dictator.
Remember. . . "There was never a country"?
May your own words keep marginalizing your destiny.
Iseeeeee!!!! kiss

You may wanno try a president of Biafraland! kiss
All that can be done is keep giving you more States to keep you divided like the descendants of Cain and Abel. kiss
Nigerian dictatorship aka 'presidency'?
NEVER! You are NOT to be trusted!!!!kiss
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by yarodin: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ok how have the others that ruled Nigeria fared? Abi make we give IBB second chance since Obasanjo got his second chance? Fucking retarded country, I hope some die hard sharia loving f**ker becomes the president, we go see who go suffer pass.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Oh yes o.
I prefer BOKO HARAM to rule than ANYTHING IN IGBO FORM OR SPIRIT!!!
Across or around the NIGER!!!! HELL NO!!!! kiss
Jonathan Azikiwe Ebele GUDULUCKU. IS IGBO ENOUGH!
Thank you! kiss

So those greeeedy ndi Igbos will carry us and enter NZEOGWU-OJUKWU PART 2 MADNESS? grin

Arrrrrrantus Nonsensicus!!!!
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by yarodin: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lasinoh: Oh yes o.
I prefer BOKO HARAM to rule than ANYTHING IN IGBO FORM OR SPIRIT!!! kiss

Yes we all know ofemamu manu preferred to be ruled by mallam, afterall they have been your masters for years.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
yarodin:

Yes we all know ofemamu manu preferred to be ruled by mallam, afterall they have been your masters for years.

YES! At least we are still standing! cool
Before una carry Nigeria enter for BIAFRA JUNGLE WAR FOR IMBECILES!!!! grin

Come take PRESSSSHIDENSSSSSSHY!!!!

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by yarodin: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lasinoh:

YES! At least we are still standing! cool

Standing and begging, shame no dey catch una.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
yarodin:

Standing and begging, shame no dey catch una.

Better than begging and quenching from Abidjan EXILE abi? tongue
Who shame they catch for grave now?
One week one trouble for MY FELLOW WIDOWS and the many FEUDING bastards vs orphans of war! cheesy
Any Nigerian that advocates an IGBO dictator for Nigeria should be executed instantly. kiss
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
lol op is demented and one of these "born troways" who grew up in lagos -that is assuming he is igbo.
every ejiiot claims to be igbo just to sneak an insult at us. wonder when these ofemanus will grow balls to face us openly. mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by gbanikiti(m): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
The poster must be high on overdose of alabukun and some ediots ranting like wounded mouse just to get likes by his fellow bigots! Why did i click on this thread sef? Mtscheew!
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by OneNaira6: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
gbanikiti: The poster must be high on overdose of alabukun and some ediots ranting like wounded mouse just to get likes by his fellow bigots! Why did i click on this thread sef? Mtscheew!

My sentiment exactly. Waste of my time.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by pazienza(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hahaha! Poster, an igboman indeed,ewu.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by zentarr(m): 12:16am On Dec 06, 2012
From the comment that follow i deduce that most of youo never read through the post, (i apologies for it's length). Your comment i see are based on the topic of the post. I wonder at what time we can all put aside tribalism aside be more open superior ideas. when we will stop being emotional and become more reasonable. being an igbo, yoruba or hausa is not your making from whatever tribe, we come from we all have our strength and weakness, we all have something to offer. The future belong to those who see the world differently.

re@lchange:
lol op is demented and one of these "born troways" who grew up in lagos -that is assuming he is igbo.
every ejiiot claims to be igbo just to sneak an insult at us. wonder when these ofemanus will grow balls to face us openly. mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Far from it am not a born troway like you stated. I am a proud son of the land that has woken up to reality, i have chosen to see the world differently, I made effort to ask questions, the right questions, i am self-aware and have well formed opinions, am immune to insults and rants from illogical bunch.

yarodin: Ok how have the others that ruled Nigeria fared? Abi make we give IBB second chance since Obasanjo got his second chance? Fucking retarded country, I hope some die hard sharia loving f**ker becomes the president, we go see who go suffer pass.

The most reasonable comment so far. they've never fared well and will continue not to because of the wrong mindset and motivation with which they enter power with, Can the present igbo leaders of now do better no. because we too need to work on our source of motivation. we are yet to revamp our states talk less of Nigeria

like i state in this paragraph

"Why do we want to rule Nigeria? is it because we feel we've been denied that number one sit for decades, therefore we deserve it. Or because we need a man up there that will protect our interests, or one that will help us make Biafras separation possible using his executive powers. We need to question our motive and chose the right one, once we do that, we are half way there. In my opinion our motive should be noble, just, not selfish and fair. Our motive as a people not as individual should be thus. "We the igbo as a tribe have something great, unique and positive to offer this nation , this union and we want to deliver and showcase this greatness to our brothers in the north, west and south, actively contributing our own quota to aid the well being of every member of this nation doing so through unity of purpose, industry and intellect". This my friend is a better motive. With a better motive the path to recovery and stronger integration will be more easier. This motive will leads us to first re-discover our greatness and uniqueness. we also nows take active steps to build on this greatness. "

We can and will rule Nigeria someday but not 2015, for ever thing there is a season and a time. No one ever believed an African will become the ruler of the most powerful nation on earth. but her we have it. Our case is not different. We just need to take the right steps, to also those unrepentant tribalistic buch who refuse to think with the brain God's given you i wish you well.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by ak47mann(m): 12:25am On Dec 06, 2012
poster this thread how can one make sense when one EDO village psycho (LASINOH) We all know na toto she take get visa enter Yankee person no go hear word again.I dont think so cool BIAFRA MUST RISE BRO IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER cool
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 12:42am On Dec 06, 2012
ak47mann: poster this thread how can one make sense when one EDO village psycho (LASINOH) We all know na toto she take get visa enter Yankee person no go hear word again.I dont think so cool BIAFRA MUST RISE BRO IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER cool

You have resurrected this your DEMI-ILLITERATE HANDLE kwo? cheesy
Better than any of your miserable MGBEKE psycho biatchez on or off NL, who cannot use her own funky anus plus toto crawling with 'awor' plus calcified 'unwashable' se-men to snag a decent husband (even if na taxi driver) to get the same visa or green card in Yankeeland! wink Make you tell dem to siddon for NL and 'other websites' to be LUSTING AFTER ANY 'BALOGUN-MARKET-EDO-BLOKOS' ON THE INTERNET OOOOO. . . tongue Sorry. . . I don pass visa stage. . . REPEAT AFTER MOI. . . US PASSPORT for 12 years and counting! grin

Who say MGBEKE WITH SOUR TOTO NOR DEY CAREY LAST!

Obama don win sweerie. . . divide ya age by 20 make you qualify as 'UNDEPORTABLE MINOR'! Or you fit tell 'them' to jump go Mexico go phock one illegal-illegal to become " Nkechi Alvarez" or "Ngozi Gongalez"kiss

EWU BIAFRAN JUNGLE! kiss

Biafra rise!!!! wink OYA JOIN YOUR OKORO PEEPS. . . MAKE KWASHIOKOR/BERI-BERI KILL YA AZZZE AGAIN! Awolowo's grandchildren are still alive to starve you raggedly behind of oxygen this time around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbIYSlizA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ReFoFp0Gs

Abeg oh! E badu belle and e jolosi. . . hellep me sing. . . .

I LIKE TO BE IN AMERICA! tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6wo2wpT2k

Shameless IGBOTIC wasted sacrifice! Ozuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! kiss
Kimon take your useless 'BLAAAAAAACK, UGLY, DEGENERATE, OHAFIA-NNEWI'. PHOCKIN, DUMBO-COMBO OF A BASTARDLY AZZZE AND HEAD TO MALAYSIA for your death sentence! GENERATIONAL DRUG PUSHER WITH ANU-S! kiss

You offspring of a stark-illiterate, poverty-stricken, WAWA. BROOM-WIELDING, THIRD WORLD FAILED OLYMPIAN-CRIPPLED, ACHEBE-OID-PIECES-O-SHYTE! grin
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Dede1(m): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2012
@OP

The original poster is a flat ignorant fellow in all facets of human endeavor. I really wonder if the poster should be allowed to cross a major traffic carriageway alone without a guide. Ndigbo have not lost any war in Nigeria. However, Biafra lost a civil war to Nigeria while been led by an Igbo person. Since the cessation of hostility, the victors had continued the physiological warfare within the corridors of powers which had ever led Nigeria. One of the results of such physiological warfare on the presumed leaders of the breakaway ethnic group is, among other things, the creature in the mould of original poster.

The case of seeking for a country such as Biafra or Republic of Igbo land lies with attitude of the victor. It does not surprise me a bit that original poster has been harangued by victorious Nigerians to begin to question the reason for his\her existence on earth.

Most Igbo people such as any reasonable and confident group in the world would want to have a country where any Igbo person would not engage in a silly thought like the poster did, especially the discussion of bring voted as president of Nigeria.

I tried hard to reason with poster but each turn uncovers self-acclaimed idiocy. It is unfathomable exercise to blame a group of people for wanting a better country than Nigeria because the poster had accepted this particular group is “screwed” in the so-called democracy and even wanted the group to assume the status of “minority” yet seemed to encourage a continuous co-existence in bubble of emptiness.

It is display of idiocy for the original poster to demand behavioral demeanor from Ndigbo which is not compatible with Nigeria. Honestly, I do not think there is a right-thinking Igbo chap who would want to be the president of the cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh:

You have resurrected this your DEMI-ILLITERATE HANDLE kwo? cheesy
Better than any of your miserable MGBEKE psycho biatchez on or off NL, who cannot use her own funky anus plus toto crawling with 'awor' plus calcified 'unwashable' se-men to snag a decent husband (even if na taxi driver) to get the same visa or green card in Yankeeland! wink Make you tell dem to siddon for NL and 'other websites' to LUSTING TO SCREW ANY 'BALOGUN-MARKET-EDO-BLOKOS' ON THE INTERNET OOOOO. . . tongue Sorry. . . I don pass visa stage. . . REPEAT AFTER MOI. . . US PASSPORT for 12 years and counting! grin
Who say MGBEKE WITH SOUR TOTO NOR DEY CAREY LAST!

Obama don win sweerie. . . divide ya age by 20 make you qualify as 'UNDEPORTABLE MINOR'! Or you fit tell 'them' to jump go Mexico go phock one illegal-illegal to become " Nkechi Alvarez" or "Ngozi Gongalez"kiss

EWU BIAFRAN JUNGLE! kiss

Biafra rise!!!! wink OYA JOIN YOUR OKORO PEEPS. . . MAKE KWASHIOKOR/BERI-BERI KILL YA AZZZE AGAIN! Awolowo's grandchildren are still alive to starve you raggedly behind of oxygen this time around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbIYSlizA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ReFoFp0Gs

Abeg oh! E badu belle and e jolosi. . . hellep me sing. . . .

I LIKE TO BE IN AMERICA! tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6wo2wpT2k

Shameless IGBOTIC wasted sacrifice! Ozuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! kiss
Kimon take your useless 'BLAAAAAAACK, UGLY, DEGENERATE, OHAFIA-NNEWI'. PHOCKIN, DUMBO-COMBO OF A BASTARDLY AZZZE AND HEAD TO MALAYSIA for your death sentence! GENERATIONAL DRUG PUSHER WITH ANU-S! kiss

You offspring of a stark-illiterate, poverty-stricken, WAWA. BROOM-WIELDING, THIRD WORLD FAILED OLYMPIAN-CRIPPLED, ACHEBE-OID-PIECE-O-SHYTE! grin

Seriously,are you a female ?? You sounded like a crackhead in the street of Cleveland...Tufia!!! Worthless bum!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 1:50am On Dec 06, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Seriously,are you a female ?? You sounded like a crackhead in the street of Cleveland...Tufia!!! Worthless bum!!

At least, you have seen a crack-head. I have NEVER. Prolly partially-aborted by one or more with cross-copulation IKEMBA STYLEEEE. . . . wink Any contributions to the topic? Useless ijjjiot! kiss Every female must look and sound 'MGBEKE-ISH' abi?
Try ya luck. You are in good company. . . My night off from 'the streets of Cleveland'. . . whereva the hell-hole dat iz! kiss
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:51am On Dec 06, 2012
zentarr: Why Igbo's may not make it in Nigeria 2015 presidential race. Thoughts of a young igbo man.
Disclaimer: This are my thought and in no any way represent the collective ideology of the igbo tribe. This is my present mindset on this issue at this point in time in my life and it freely may evolve as I grow. This opinion is mine and in no anyway intend to be enforced on anybody.

First I am proud of being an igbo boy, born in this generation and time. Not in a tribalistic sense but in acknowledgement of the fact that I love where am from, our culture, beliefs, pride, entrepreneurial prowess, determination, tenacity in the face of opposition and extinction. We've survived the war, we've survived what life and Nigeria has thrown at us yet we still stand flourishing in different sectors of the Nigerian's economy, creating jobs and doing exploits.
Like every other tribe we have our strengths and most importantly our weakness and unless we deal with our weakness, we still have a long way to go.
Now back to the reason of the post. Why I think we may not succeed in ruling Nigeria come 2015, is a result of my following observation. like I said it's my OPINION.
As a young man in my early 20's born in a generation of change, progressive enlightenment and education of the Nigerian populace, my reason are embedded in just 2points
1. Be we can rule we have to Face some hard reality, answer some hard questions and form a consensus: The first reality is that we lost the war, forget about the "no victor, no vanquish" crap our fathers fed us, if we won we would've been Biafrans not Nigeria. Yes the reason we started the war was a noble and just one, we were face with homicidal tendencies by the north, We also know our heroes, scientist and soldiers fought bravely but the sad thing is that we lost it. And because we lost it we are victims. Let stop being in denial and face the truth. Yes we are victims what are we doing to turn this tide, are we going to keep blaming the north or the west for making us victims and denying us the chance to rule this nation or are we going to sit back and take active steps to turn this tide. Truth be told the north and the west are doing what any sane tribe would do to a fellow tribe they see as stubborn, brave enough to start a war and is also blessed with resources they really need. Which is to subdue and denying them of position of power lest they offset the balance of the nation, they see us as been unpredictable, a threat and thus the idea of them seeing us in power is not an option.
Yes we lost. Where do we go from here, Are we bent on bringing Biafra to existence? Or we going to try to give ONE NIGERIA a try? I'll say reality let's give one Nigeria a try. Why do I chose this option it's because having our own nation will not in any way solve our problems at all, instead it is the beginning of a set of new ones, because the fact is that we lack unity, we are tooo proud, we hate each other, for real we will end up killing ourselves. Also we don't have enough land, talk less of resources, the real resource is in the hand of the south south, which on the other had do not see them self as igbo and unlike before are now enlightened and will never let us rule over or enjoy their resources, biafra would've have worked then when they were unenlightened and really respected the igbo's. Even if they agree to go with us now we will still have division (Niger deltans and Igbo's) because of our pride we still see them as inferior instead of equals. One Nigeria to me is a must not an option and until we as a tribe have this idea buried deep into our mind we've not started. Cos once we do so we will now start taking conscious steps to fit into this nation, not individually as we see currently happening, but collectively as an ethnic group. With one voice and one mission, which is to regain our respect in this forced union through intellect, industry and our exiting entrepreneurial prowess . We will strive to be a tribe that is not feared but respected. We need to understand that diversity is Nigeria's strength not her weakness. In fact United States of America is the most diverse and also the most powerful nation on earth, made up of 50 states (each of them the size of Nigeria) all living together as one.
We are a minority group and should as such think like one. By this statement I don't mean we should see our self as minor or inferior but understand that as a every other minority group in a system of government that favors the voice of the majority (democracy) we are screwed. We are screwed in the sense that often time our opinions will be rejected our desire to rule will be faced with strong opposition, some things will be more difficult for us to achieve, this is fact is a reality, just like what the black are facing in the united state.

2. We need step back sort our priorities, question our motivation and Re-strategizes :- Why do we want to rule Nigeria? is it because we feel we've been denied that number one sit for decades, therefore we deserve it. Or because we need a man up there that will protect our interest or one that will help us make Biafras separation possible using his executive powers. We need to question our motive and chose the right one, once we do that, we are half way there. In my opinion our motive should be noble just, not selfish and fair. Our motive as a people not as individual should be thus. "We the igbo as a tribe have something great, unique and positive to offer this nation , this union and we want to deliver and showcase this greatness to our brothers in the north, west and south, actively contributing our own quota to aid the well being of every member of this nation doing so through unity of purpose, industry and intellect". This my friend is a better motive. With a better motive the path to recovery and stronger integration will be more easier. This motive will leads us to first discover our greatness and uniqueness afresh and take active steps to build on this greatness.
Our greatness is seen in our creative ingenuity, entrepreneurial prowess and business sense. let's look for ways to build and expand on this strength and to build this we need to start from the home . Our leaders need to go back sit down, think and look for ways to create an ecosystem in our states that promotes and rewards creativity and innovation, build well grounded business professional, create future leaders of industry, power the entrepreneurial potential of our people and create a conducive environment that has the ability of attracting the best and the brightest in the Africa. We should strive as individual and collectively as a tribe to shun mediocrity and crime. Focus on taking step to make our respective states better, cleaner, industrial, conducive and safer, Revamp our educational system make one that churn out top quality graduates. Until we can do this we will never be taking serious. If we can revamp the east for good, we can do so for Nigeria.

In conclusion what the Nigerian people need is not an igbo, Hausa or Yoruba president, What they need is someone with a very strong game plan to revamp and move this nation forward, a person with the will passion and necessary firmness to stick to the plan. A many with a drive to make us the envy of the world not to enrich his pocket. Nigerians are becoming more enlightened intelligent and open, we are gradually getting to an era where superior ideas rule, I bet you if we van can provide this person. then we have our president. Remember good leadership starts from the home.
#justsaying.

I dont know wether you are really Igbo but you got so many things wrong in that your amateurish article; Y ou have done nothing but to come here to paint Ndigbo as weak and vulnerable. Yes, we fought the Biafran war and we are very proud of our efforts. I cant help you if you feel besieged but Ndigbo are not in any bondage. Personally, I dont feel we should be jostling too hard for the post of a President because we have more pressing issues to deal with. Ndigbo has wealth that are scatered everywhere in Nigeria but are they safe. I have always tell Ndigbo that they have the economy of Nigerian in their palms but all they need to do is squeeze. We can actually control the policies of this goverment whithout being in goverment.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:54am On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh:
At least, you have seen a crack-head. I have not. Prolly partially-aborted by one or more with cross-copulation IKEMBA STYLEEEE. . . . wink Any contributions to the topic? Useless ijjjiot! kiss

You are a disgrace to the whole member of your family...Time is money.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 1:55am On Dec 06, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I dont know wether you are really Igbo but you got so many things wrong in that your amateurish article; You have done nothing but to come here to paint Ndigbo as weak and vulnerable. Yes, [size=20pt]we[/size] fought the Biafran war and [size=20pt]we[/size] are very proud of [size=20pt]our[/size] efforts. I cant help you if you feel besieged but Ndigbo are not in any bondage. Personally, I dont feel we should be jostling too hard for the post of a President because [size=20pt]we[/size] have more pressing issues to deal with. Ndigbo has wealth that are scatered everywhere in Nigeria but are they safe. I have [size=20pt]always tell[/size] Ndigbo that [size=20pt]they[/size] have the economy of Nigerian in their palms but all [size=20pt]they[/size] need to do is squeeze. [size=20pt]We[/size] can actually control the policies of this goverment whithout being in goverment.

Oh shatttap!

WHO IS 'WE'? AND WHO ARE 'THEY'? See how confused you are? Yet, you can find a iota of fault from the write-up presented by the OP?

DID YOU FIGHT ANY WAR IN YOUR PAST OR PRESENTLY USELESS LIFE? cheesy
Some other 'm0r0n' must have falsely interpreted and written that your BLOODY, NRI-priesthood exams for ya. . .while you were btw his or her thighs for sure!

Written like a morbidly-DAFT, native-doctor of rats and rabbits for sure!
GO SQUEEZE YOUR IGBOTIC-BABOONISH BALLS BETWEEN YOUR LEGS FOR STARTERS. . . something like brain-cells may just fall out when you 'scream' at the full-moon with eja-cu-latory pleasure for mastu-bating demons likey ya! kiss

Nonsense!
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:47am On Dec 06, 2012
Lasinoh:

Oh shatttap!

WHO IS 'WE'? AND WHO ARE 'THEY'? See how confused you are? Yet, you can find a iota of fault wri?te-up presented by the OP?
DID YOU FIGHT ANY WAR IN YOUR PAST OR PRESENTLY USELESS LIFE? cheesy
Some other 'm0r0n' must have falsely interpreted and written that your BLOODY, NRI-priesthood exams for ya. . .while you were btw his or her thighs for sure!

Written like a morbidly-DAFT, native-doctor of rats and rabbits for sure!
GO SQUEEZE YOUR IGBOTIC-BABOONISH BALLS BETWEEN YOUR LEGS FOR STARTERS. . . something like brain-cells may just fall out when you 'scream' at the full-moon with eja-cu-latory pleasure for mastu-bating demons likey ya! kiss

Nonsense!

You are a complete nuisance...this is such a waste of my precious time.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Lasinoh: 3:13am On Dec 06, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

You are a disgrace to the whole member of your family...Time is money.

NRI PRIEST:

You are a complete nuisance...this is such a waste of my precious time.

HA!
Gooood 'phocking' riddance!
You added absolutely NOTHING TO THIS THREAD!
Go sprout some brain cells!
Thank you!
YOU ARE DISMISSED!
Next time, keep your grubby-stubby fingers OFF MY POSTS! kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by geez1: 6:27am On Dec 06, 2012
If 40years after the war and well over 50 NYSC batches later, Nigerians are not united, I presume they will never be united. At this point, I think what we need is a referendum
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by Afam4eva(m): 6:52am On Dec 06, 2012
I was agreeing with the poster until he chosen the part of shame by denigrating his own ethnic group. That's if he's really Igbo.

The truth is that there's a calculated effort to scheme Igbos out of the political calculations because the truth is that they're scared that an Igbo man being a very dogged and stubborn person will renegade against the status quo. The political elites and cabals can tame a Yaradua or Jonathan but taming an Orji Uzor Kalu will be one hell of a job. So, that's why the Northern elites in particular are trying so hard to keep Igbos out of the corridors of maximum power. This much is what i agree with the OP.
Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by kettykin: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2012
Igbos are now a political minority , however no body can make it to Aso rock without the backing of igbos, Awolowo tried it and Abiola even boasted that he can do without igbo votes . My thinking is that igbos should focus where they have comparative advantage in and leave the presidency for now to the real minorities in niger delta and middle belt

1 Like

Re: Igbo's May Not Make It In Nigeria 2015 Presidential Race. Thoughts Of A Igbo Man by ak47mann(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
geez*:
If 40years after the war and well over 50 NYSC batches later, Nigerians are not united, I presume they will never be united. At this point, I think what we need is a referendum
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

(OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE ) Rivers State Govt States Position On Grounded Jet / 23 Rivers LG Bosses Decamp To Apc / Gej Screened For Ebola Virus In Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.