Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. (32299 Views)

Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Les: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
akthedream: You christain must be dump to its a statue of your god,Jesus.Come to think of it,it might be that of a Gay.But,definately not that of Jesus...Apart from doing all u can to buy PRIVATE JET,what else do christains do with their brain if there is even any?
dat's wat am talking about but beside, why put mouth for christian wahala?? I tire for this world o. Jesus christ do fast and come o or you rapture me personally, I yam tired of this world o.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Otorock: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
Bad belle people make unner go die perharps dem get transformer close to unner mak unner try huge one one
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by drnoel: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hoodrat: This is just simple example out of the way catholic is been run in Poland is a serious thing and is more of secret cult. Fews days ago a polish friend was telling me how bad it is and why he gave up attending polish church because the bishop and church contributed a greater amount to the racism and bleeped up mind of the poles. Poland is the only place in central europe where bishop can be caught preaching nothing but hatred and encouraging violence against blacks people and jews. The country got a long way to go except the catholic in poland is reformed I don't see a way around here and the jesus status don't mean a thing for the mind who built such status lies a greater amount hatred. Don't let them fool you
Now am hearing this like this for the first time. I was lead to believe that its the atrocities committed by the blacks that were previously there that lead to these hatred.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by nagoma(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
How much does it cost to construct this? How many jets can it buy?
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Arysexy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
Les: are you sure?? To me, God said thou shall not make thyself a graven image, meaning dont even make any image talkless of worshiping it. God knew if he allowed man to make images, he might worship it dat's why he instructed never to make any image at ol, catholics dem no de hear word, sometimes i dont blame atheist, they only get it wrong when then begin to mock Christ.

wot about the winged creature in exodus? Does God contradict himself? Wot about the moulded snake that was lifted by moses in d desert and those bitten by snake and look at it get healed.

I hope u don't have ur father's pix in ur house, by the way all YORUBA will go to hell because they BOW down to human beings and call it respect, shebi na so?

By the way who worships image? did d catholics tell u they do or u assume they do? Ignorance is a disease.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by ziccoit: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hope it wont constitute a danger to lives and properties on the long run.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Walexz02(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Red-Light:
choi, they found work for the catholics. they will worship the statue morning till night. BTW how did they know What Jesus looks like? undecided
abeg help me ask them:/

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Hoodrat(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
drnoel:
Now am hearing this like this for the first time. I was lead to believe that its the atrocities committed by the blacks that were previously there that lead to these hatred.

No isn't true! Don't believe such. Poland has little or no experience with black people both in the past and present. The hatred is a social problem and are generally born to hate even the neighbour surrounding them like slovakia czech republic.. They don't even like their selves in a place like krakow they are completely hostile and hate people from warsaw or from other town. The hatred against black and jew goes a long way to the ww2.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by igbojicollins: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hoodrat: This is just simple example out of the way catholic is been run in Poland is a serious thing and is more of secret cult. Fews days ago a polish friend was telling me how bad it is and why he gave up attending polish church because the bishop and church contributed a greater amount to the racism and bleeped up mind of the poles. Poland is the only place in central europe where bishop can be caught preaching nothing but hatred and encouraging violence against blacks people and jews. The country got a long way to go except the catholic in poland is reformed I don't see a way around here and the jesus status don't mean a thing for the mind who built such status lies a greater amount hatred. Don't let them fool you
And pope Johnpaul 2,a religious leader known for his positive impacts on world peace came from there.how come? undecided

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Rastamann: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
choi, they found work for the catholics. they will worship the statue morning till night. BTW how did they know What Jesus looks like?

Catholics don't worship statues. I wonder why some people on this trend will always want to talk to be recognized even when they have nothing meaniful to say.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Les: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
Arysexy:

wot about the winged creature in exodus? Does God contradict himself? Wot about the moulded snake that was lifted by moses in d desert and those bitten by snake and look at it get healed.

I hope u don't have ur father's pix in ur house, by the way all YORUBA will go to hell because they BOW down to human beings and call it respect, shebi na so?

By the way who worships image? did d catholics tell u they do or u assume they do? Ignorance is a disease.
you just proved dat!! When did i say catholic worship idols as if i dont attend catholic?? Pls try differentiate prostration to respect from bowing down to worship. God instructed dont make for thy self, not dont make for my self. B4 Christ came, God can use anything he wishes to manifest his Powers like d ark of d covenant, Jesus came and brought d new covenant sealed by God's grace......... mhen i no wan preach, i de cook. Guy think wit ur spirit and stop contradicting God cos he's d ALL SOVEREIGN GOD, let urself be led by the spirit if u're a xthian, If u are not, sorry to say dat d tins of God is foolishness to those dat think wit their brain and not wit their spirit.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Hoodrat(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
igboji collins: And pope Johnpaul 2,a religious leader known for his positive impacts on world peace came from there.how come? undecided

Don't be a fool dear. Exactly the reason why poland got added to the Eu just because of that wonderful fortunate pop who sacrifice a lot for his people freedom from the communist. Unfortunately not all pop or bishop can be like pop john paul despite not all fingers are equal the truth lies in the mind of the hateful ones and it all boils down to the poverty of the minds and pocket.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by EFX001: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Red-Light:
choi, they found work for the catholics. they will worship the statue morning till night. BTW how did they know What Jesus looks like? undecided

What makes you think that the son of God that loves mankind with upspeakable love would never return to check out on his flock more than 2000 years after his death i bet you know everything.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by EFX001: 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
My Opinion: All dis white people wt their drama, d time wey Jesus come to this earth I have never read dat Jesus ever took pictures buh here comes d people of d world making statue of their grandpa nd calling it Jesus...God is watching una
Jesus is still with us everyday. Its not a white people thing, its called FAITH!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by free2ryhme: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
exodus 20:4-5

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by stjudas(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
salafiyy: THEY WOULD WORSHIP IDOLS STYLISHLY AND CLAIMED THEY ARE WORSHIPPING GOD (JESUS)...SOMEBODY SHOULD ASK THEM TO DIFFERENCIATE BETWEEN JESUS AND GOD; YOU WILL SEE THEM IN COMMOTION AND CONTRADICTING THEMSELVES...TELL ME, WHEN JESUS (may the peace of God be upon him) WAS ON EARTH IS THERE ANYTHING DEVICE LIKE PICTURE?...THOUGH, THIS IS NOT THE JESUS I BELIVED IN AS A TRUE PROPHET OF GOD
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b] Mugu numero uno! Who tell u say pictures na device.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by EFX001: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Excellent, i love it. Glory be to Jesus.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by promkingzz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
Matt. 16:18, "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it."

I am proud to be a Roman Catholic and a member of the church which St Peter himself founded! I'm sure the Bible all u Catholic critics use contains the verse above. The scriptures never in any page says that Oyedepo or Oritsejafor or whoever will find a church, not even by prophesy! and you critics still have the guts to come on NL and accuse the catholics of idolatory?

Anyway sha, na una get una mouth so mk una dey talk. no time for timaya sef e com be una. Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by oraclefemi(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
religion the opium of the masses
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by klax(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ My Opinion: All dis white people wt their drama, d time wey Jesus come to this earth I have never read dat Jesus ever took pictures buh here comes d people of d world making statue of their grandpa nd calling it Jesus...God is watching una....

Hahahahahahaah bros no kill person with laugh abeg.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Emmy9ite(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nice concept. If the statue of common men like Michael Jackson, Alex Ferguson et al can be erected, why can't the statue of Jesus who is the Saviour of the world be erected too. Lets assume it was the statue of obama or messi, nobody will talk abt worshiping it. Hypocrites!
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by hotwax: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ice4jez: One tin u pple fall to get is those pple are not trying to worship dat stature but are trying to develop a place like Brazil dat has one.the Chinese has a big stature of Buddha .make we too do one of sango;ogun,or just anything dat Can make tourism sector grow.all u do is hate while other pple are think to make their country among the best
You have successfully proven you are not A̶̲̥̅​ monkey. These posters are the main reason why they call black people are called banana eaters. They behave as if their brain is black.
Thank you for showing the world we black people are not monkey.

Do Americans worship the liberty statue? I was sad when I saw many comments on this thread. Are black people lesser human beings?
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Werehkpe: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
First of all let me ask. HAVE U HEARD OF THE SHROUD OF JESUS? i think you will be better of reading about it first b4 making comments. perhaps you will understand how we came about the looks of Jesus.

SECOND I find it hard to understand why people worship with pastors like adegboye etc when the same bible we read and we agree is the WORD of GOD says "U R PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I SHALL BUILD MY CHURCH".[/b]

For the records Peter is the first Roman Catholic Pope and his tomb ( Rock if u like) is believed to be under the centre of the Catholic faith building - [b]St Peters Basilica which took 100 years to build

Why dint Jesus say "U R ADEGBOYE AND UPON.........."
Dont be fooled for on that day Jesus will say "I DO NOT KNOW U"

U will all make noise den pay tithes/DASH someone like u money to buy private jets while you will be entering okada and pot-holes. But who am I to judge. All i can do is follow the words in the Bible and go to the Catholic church.

THIRD Catholics do not worship idols nor worship Mary. There is a difference between reverence/respect and worship

One thing people get carried away by is they want to see physically miracles? Well, if u go to some catholic places E.G Dominican Community in Ibadan you will see miracles and demons casting outs.

The Catholic church is the ONLY chritian RELIGION with its own sovereignty - THE VATICAN CITY. Thats the Glory of God. It is the richest Church in the world. and its members are not really necesarily th RICHEST in society BUT THE POOREST from ALLOVER the World. Thats the Glory of God!

One thing u MUST accept is that the universal Catholic church is the creation of Jesus Himself. So if you belief in Jesus why wont you go to His church? THINK?

The Catholic Church is the ONLY church that has d EXACT procedure for service and readings irrespective of location. This means, what u will hear in Rome is EXACTLY the same u will hear in Surulere or Aba or Australia. Thats the Glory of God speaking!

INDEED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS IT ALL. its the COMPLETE package. Thats the Glory of GOD

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by frankgreat(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
which is better? worshiping an image belived to be jesus dan worshiping your pastors that use your heads to buy private jets

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Arcard(m): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Thres Freedom of religion in nigeria dnt preach fo me t change chrch.sumtyms u guys r nt dffrnt frm d bokoboys.pastor worshipper.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Arcard(m): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Thres Freedom of religion in nigeria dnt preach fo me t change chrch.sumtyms u guys r nt dffrnt frm d bokoboys.pastor worshippers.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Mariojane(f): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
My Opinion: All dis white people wt their drama, d time wey Jesus come to this earth I have never read dat Jesus ever took pictures buh here comes d people of d world making statue of their grandpa nd calling it Jesus...God is watching una
have u not read that when Jesus was on is way to be crucified,Mary magdalene wipe his face with a piece of cloth and his face remain on d cloth ever after. Go and read more of ur bible.if its were to be ur jet buyers churches they criticise like Catholics am very sure ur churches would have been history by now bt cos catholic church its a true church its remains unshakable.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Obviously, there are alot of people who know nothing about the history of the christian religion and some of them are actually christians. In the thread about optical illusion, I told you guys that this image wasn't suddenly made up.. You guys should google "Shroud of Turin", you will know where the image of Jesus we see today came from... As for the people saying that catholics worship idols, personally I don't think you guys are very smart... This is one of the greatest misconception of the catholic church that has been explained many times and in so many different websites obviously you guys just don't want to accept the truth. I also suggest that you guys stop putting the image of Christ on the cross in your several pentecostal churches and for the ones that have it, don't ever say your prayers while looking up at the cross ... SMH... Seeing so much ignorance is quite irritating..
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote
author=Wereh kpe]First of all let me ask. HAVE U HEARD OF THE SHROUD OF
JESUS? i think you will be better of reading about it first b4 making
comments. perhaps you will understand how we came about the looks of
Jesus.

SECOND I find it hard to understand why people worship with pastors like
adegboye etc when the same bible we read and we agree is the WORD of
GOD says "U R PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I SHALL
BUILD MY CHURCH".
[/b]

For the records Peter is the first Roman Catholic Pope and his tomb (
Rock if u like) is believed to be under the centre of the Catholic faith
building - [b]St Peters Basilica which took 100 years to build

U will all make noise den pay tithes/DASH someone like u money to buy
private jets while you will be entering okada and pot-holes. But who am I
to judge. All i can do is follow the words in the Bible and go to the
Catholic church.

THIRD Catholics do not worship idols nor worship Mary. There is a
difference between reverence/respect and worship

One thing people get carried away by is they want to see physically
miracles? Well, if u go to some catholic places E.G Dominican Community
in Ibadan you will see miracles and demons casting outs.

The Catholic church is the ONLY chritian RELIGION with its own
sovereignty - THE VATICAN CITY. Thats the Glory of God. It is the
richest Church in the world. and its members are not really necesarily
th RICHEST in society BUT THE POOREST from ALLOVER the World. Thats the
Glory of God!

One thing u MUST accept is that the universal Catholic church is the
creation of Jesus Himself. So if you belief in Jesus why wont you go to
His church? THINK?

The Catholic Church is the ONLY church that has d EXACT procedure for
service and readings irrespective of location. This means, what u will
hear in Rome is EXACTLY the same u will hear in Surulere or Aba or
Australia. Thats the Glory of God speaking!

INDEED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS IT ALL. its the COMPLETE package. Thats
the Glory of GOD[/quote] You have said it all... some people find it so hard understand simple things... anyway, who am I to judge?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote
author=Wereh kpe]First of all let me ask. HAVE U HEARD OF THE SHROUD OF
JESUS? i think you will be better of reading about it first b4 making
comments. perhaps you will understand how we came about the looks of
Jesus.

SECOND I find it hard to understand why people worship with pastors like
adegboye etc when the same bible we read and we agree is the WORD of
GOD says "U R PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I SHALL
BUILD MY CHURCH".
[/b]

For the records Peter is the first Roman Catholic Pope and his tomb (
Rock if u like) is believed to be under the centre of the Catholic faith
building - [b]St Peters Basilica which took 100 years to build

U will all make noise den pay tithes/DASH someone like u money to buy
private jets while you will be entering okada and pot-holes. But who am I
to judge. All i can do is follow the words in the Bible and go to the
Catholic church.

THIRD Catholics do not worship idols nor worship Mary. There is a
difference between reverence/respect and worship

One thing people get carried away by is they want to see physically
miracles? Well, if u go to some catholic places E.G Dominican Community
in Ibadan you will see miracles and demons casting outs.

The Catholic church is the ONLY chritian RELIGION with its own
sovereignty - THE VATICAN CITY. Thats the Glory of God. It is the
richest Church in the world. and its members are not really necesarily
th RICHEST in society BUT THE POOREST from ALLOVER the World. Thats the
Glory of God!

One thing u MUST accept is that the universal Catholic church is the
creation of Jesus Himself. So if you belief in Jesus why wont you go to
His church? THINK?

The Catholic Church is the ONLY church that has d EXACT procedure for
service and readings irrespective of location. This means, what u will
hear in Rome is EXACTLY the same u will hear in Surulere or Aba or
Australia. Thats the Glory of God speaking!

INDEED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS IT ALL. its the COMPLETE package. Thats
the Glory of GOD[/quote]

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Pastor's Wife Whose Womb Was Removed During Surgery Gives Birth(p / Gay Church In Nigeria / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.