Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. (32304 Views)

Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 07, 2012
This vry nicezz..Jesus Igwe
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by fiftynaira(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Er...u guys do. And before u reply, I was born catholic so I do know what I'm talking abt.

@Topic: as a work of art, its beautiful I guess.
we worship idols? Yet our preachers preach against idol worshipping? Or do we worship idols like you worship ur pastors?
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 07, 2012
lol
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by ektbear: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2012
I've always liked Poles. Good Christian folk.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2012
Modern n advanced idolatry,,,those of u wey de ask how dem take get d picture of jesus..una no know say dem get spiritual photographer..na im snap d pix..wash d pix..kon give dem d pix,,,shaii! I no fit laugh,,,,na wetin de cus arguement between me n my friend bdat,,,if i ask am say how una take get Jesus image..he go say Jesus appear to one saint..he kon tell d saint say make him draw am..he go still say..na d pple wey Jesus appear to draw how dem take see am,,,chaii!!..i go laugh laugh wan die..d laugh sef no go let me sleep,,,,all dis are stigmatized scholartic fictions...,,although Jesus is real but no one can tell his actual image .
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by 1313(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2012
Very soon the catholics will go to poland to worship this statue.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2012
rudolph-bosco:
........i prat it doesnt get too late before you realize you are heading for hell.

..{{{Lmfao}}

Why are Religious People always wishing Evils Upon People?..LoL

Who wishes "Evils" Upon the So Called "Ignorant"
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by pinkkystel(f): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2012
frosbel: When will the Catholics cease from their idolatry !!
When you cease to exist
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2012
promkingzz: Matt. 16:18, "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it."

I am proud to be a Roman Catholic and a member of the church which St Peter himself founded! I'm sure the Bible all u Catholic critics use contains the verse above. The scriptures never in any page says that Oyedepo or Oritsejafor or whoever will find a church, not even by prophesy! and you critics still have the guts to come on NL and accuse the catholics of idolatory?

Anyway sha, na una get una mouth so mk una dey talk. no time for timaya sef e com be una. Mtcheww

History has it that Peter never visited Rome. Peter couldnt have founded the church of Rome. Besides a deep reflection on the name ROMAN catholic church should immediately suggests to you that this is not the catholic (universal ) church rather the roman catholic church.
From the creation of the office of the pope to the doctrine of purgatory to to replacement of bread with flesh to mass. You have alot to contend with the true catholic church of Jesus Christ. There are two significant Peters in the bible and it is obvious that Peter the disciple of Jesus has nothing to do with the roman catholic church. Very likely it's the other Peter ( Bar Jesus)
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2012
sylve11: Protestant hating catholic, catholic hating protestant; is this what christianity is all about? cool

To tell a man the truth is not thesame as hatred. It is love.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Catchfire1: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2012
kinguwem: 'Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image ....' (Exo 20:4).

Or any calendar of Adeboye

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by CCampbell(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
May the Good Lord who instituted the holy, Catholic, universal church forgive your ignorance and offer you castigators enlightenment!
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
May the Good Lord who instituted the Holy... Please stop these dumb azzz Negros from Praying and worshiping the remixed euro subset of the once proud yet still fabricated, middle eastern religion and deity.

Grant them the Power Lord.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by popovich: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ɣ☺ΰ telling м̤̣̲̣̈̇ε D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ doz dayz there were Ω̴̩̩̩̥o artist or all diz pipu D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ do art with woods.. A̶̲̥̅♏ nt saying daz Jesus bt by any means one can have an idea of ♓o̶̲̥̅̊Ψ he looks.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by nosagold(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
Its not necessarily idolatry, that you build a statue in honour of GOD does not mean you worship the statue, it means you actually believe in God
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by fiftynaira(m): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Catch_fire:

lols or any private jet
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by shizzle11(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
I AM BORN AND WILL DIE A CATHOLIC. HATERS CAN BURN TO ASHES!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Chylo(m): 12:28am On Dec 08, 2012
Catch_fire:

Are you drunk? How is a calendar a 'graven' image? You need psychiatric evaluation.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Chylo(m): 12:30am On Dec 08, 2012
Exodus 20:4-5

4. “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

5. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by rudolphbosco: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2012
Why can't all u motherfuckers stop these pointless conversations and stick to what you fucking believing in until you die and get to the judgement throne then we know who is right and who is wrong,and stop these fucking criticism,what if it is you who is critisizn another person that is not serving God the right way?.....think about it motherfuckers and stop congesting this place with religious barbarism..
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by ijawcitizen(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2012
belabela:

History has it that Peter never visited Rome. Peter couldnt have founded the church of Rome. Besides a deep reflection on the name ROMAN catholic church should immediately suggests to you that this is not the catholic (universal ) church rather the roman catholic church.
From the creation of the office of the pope to the doctrine of purgatory to to replacement of bread with flesh to mass. You have alot to contend with the true catholic church of Jesus Christ. There are two significant Peters in the bible and it is obvious that Peter the disciple of Jesus has nothing to do with the roman catholic church. Very likely it's the other Peter ( Bar Jesus)

ALWAYS DISPLAYING AND PARADING THEIR IGNORANCE EVEN TO THE HIGHEST HEAVENS....HMMMM, TYPICAL NIGERIAN!!

BALABALA OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, ABEG WHICH HISTORY BOOK DID YOU READ? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF YOU SAID YOU READ THOSE CRAP SOMEWHERE BUT YOU'RE NOT SURE OF ITS ACCURARY, AND THE ENLIGHTENED AND WELL READ PEOPLE HERE WILL TEACH YOU ONE OR TWO THINGS ABOUT CHURCH HISTORY.

PHEEEWW! I KNOWN HE IS GOING TO ATTACK ME LIKE HE IS PROGRAMMED TO. TYPICAL NIGERIAN ROBOT (95% OF NIGERIANS ARE ROBOTS, THEY DONT THINK BEFORE ACTING)

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Werehkpe: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2012
jim jones: i'm trying real hard to give a fark here.......

wow! i haven't read anything this retar*ded since the bible.

first off, the shroud of jesus turin is a known hoax.

second, what records do you speak of with respect to peter? there is no firsthand historical or even biblical record that puts peter anywhere, at any point in rome!

near 45 a.d.(around the time your catholic wankers claim peter was in rome), we find peter being cast into prison in jerusalem (acts 12:3, 4). in 49 a.d., he was still in jerusalem, this time attending the jerusalem council. about 51 a.d., he was in antioch of syria where he got into differences with paul because he wouldn’t sit or eat with gentiles. strange that the "bishop of rome" would have nothing to do with Gentiles in 51 a.d.! later in about 66 a.d., we find him in the city of Babylon among the jews (I pet. 5:13). remember that peter was the apostle to the CIRCUMCISED. Why was he in babylon? because history shows that there were as many jews in the mesopotamian areas in christ’s time as there were in palestine. it is no wonder we find him in the east.

in all of paul's writings about his dealings in rome, at no point did he mention peter. now let's get something straight, i aint no advocate for neither of these wankers, but hombre, get your history together. there's a huge disparity between the roman catholic account of history and actual history itself.

Please read my post properly and stop the use of abusive words.

1. I sed Peter's tomb is BELIEVED to be under the Basilica.

2. Check your records well and u will see that while Peter was the Catholic first Pope, Paul was d leader of the orthodox church. Am not 100% sure of the later.

3. The Shroud of Jesus is the same as the Shroud of Turin. U r right there. But contrary to what you insinuated, it is not a hoax. Present research on it are still ungoing. After a couple of initial test run on it, it was discovered that the piece of the shroud tested was actually a piece attached to patch a torn path of the Shroud.

I think you need to take sometime out and research on the Shroud and stop making definite statements when your facts are indeed watery.
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Werehkpe: 3:34am On Dec 10, 2012
jim jones: i'm trying real hard to give a fark here.......

wow! i haven't read anything this retar*ded since the bible.

first off, the shroud of jesus turin is a known hoax.

second, what records do you speak of with respect to peter? there is no firsthand historical or even biblical record that puts peter anywhere, at any point in rome!

near 45 a.d.(around the time your catholic wankers claim peter was in rome), we find peter being cast into prison in jerusalem (acts 12:3, 4). in 49 a.d., he was still in jerusalem, this time attending the jerusalem council. about 51 a.d., he was in antioch of syria where he got into differences with paul because he wouldn’t sit or eat with gentiles. strange that the "bishop of rome" would have nothing to do with Gentiles in 51 a.d.! later in about 66 a.d., we find him in the city of Babylon among the jews (I pet. 5:13). remember that peter was the apostle to the CIRCUMCISED. Why was he in babylon? because history shows that there were as many jews in the mesopotamian areas in christ’s time as there were in palestine. it is no wonder we find him in the east.

in all of paul's writings about his dealings in rome, at no point did he mention peter. now let's get something straight, i aint no advocate for neither of these wankers, but hombre, get your history together. there's a huge disparity between the roman catholic account of history and actual history itself.

Kindly watch this clip from youtube. i hope it clears ur doubts about the Shroud. U can start from 40mins to save ur time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79j9ei4Cb24?t=40m

Regards
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by blunderass01: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
akthedream: You christains must be dumb to refer it as a statue of your so called god,.Come to think of it,it might be that of a Gay.But,definately not that of Jesus...Apart from doing all u can to buy PRIVATE JET,what else do u christains do with ur brain if there is even any?

That is an insult! Be careful
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
ijaw citizen:

ALWAYS DISPLAYING AND PARADING THEIR IGNORANCE EVEN TO THE HIGHEST HEAVENS....HMMMM, TYPICAL NIGERIAN!!

BALABALA OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, ABEG WHICH HISTORY BOOK DID YOU READ? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF YOU SAID YOU READ THOSE CRAP SOMEWHERE BUT YOU'RE NOT SURE OF ITS ACCURARY, AND THE ENLIGHTENED AND WELL READ PEOPLE HERE WILL TEACH YOU ONE OR TWO THINGS ABOUT CHURCH HISTORY.

PHEEEWW! I KNOWN HE IS GOING TO ATTACK ME LIKE HE IS PROGRAMMED TO. TYPICAL NIGERIAN ROBOT (95% OF NIGERIANS ARE ROBOTS, THEY DONT THINK BEFORE ACTING)
99.89% of ur family and generation are robots,,,dey cant even act,,,,,METAL-HEAD
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by vm26: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2012
abubello:
But you also worship ghost as part of your trinity. Is that not idolatory?

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
jehovahnoni: 99.89% of ur family and generation are robots,,,dey cant even act,,,,,METAL-HEAD

WOW!
ANOTHER ROBOT DISPLAYING ITS TALENT
1. OF EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD, HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO PICKED OFFENCE
2. I WASN'T EVEN REFERING TO HIM NOT TO TALK OF HIS FAMILY
3. HE GLADLY ACCEPTED TO BE PART OF THE 95% DUMB NIGERIANS

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?
Re: PHOTOS: World's Tallest Statue Of Jesus.. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
ijaw citizen:

WOW!
ANOTHER ROBOT DISPLAYING ITS TALENT
1. OF EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD, HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO PICKED OFFENCE
2. I WASN'T EVEN REFERING TO HIM NOT TO TALK OF HIS FAMILY
3. HE GLADLY ACCEPTED TO BE PART OF THE 95% DUMB NIGERIANS

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?
ure a goat-ass....,,applauded CHICKEN-SHIT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Pastor's Wife Whose Womb Was Removed During Surgery Gives Birth(p / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.