Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank (1057 Views)

Evil Maltreatment Of Customers By MTN Over Re-registration / A Complaint On The Inhuman Treatment Meted Out On A Friend By Some Khaki Men. / Nigerian Banks Cheated Customers By N6bn In 2012- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank by chygoz3(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
My friend and I stared with utter disbelief as we were denied access to use the automated teller machine installed within the banking premises of Ecobank, Omoku branch, Rivers state. The reason for this being that we were not customers of the bank and that the money available in the machine was only for their customers. We were in fact dumbfounded. While trying to decipher the reason for this discriminatory policy, the new CBN directive, which required that banks forfeit the N100 ATM fee charged when a non-customer withdraws money using their machine, came to mind. I have to admit that i was seriously disappointed especially since i had to pay N200 to transport myself to the location. If banks do not want to implement this CBN directive, they should have voiced out their disapproval rather than causing unnecessary hardship to individuals.
Re: Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank by EcobankGroup: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Dear All,

Our attention has been drawn to this story and we wish to apologise sincerely for the miscommunication. The ATM within the banking premises of Ecobank, Omoku Branch in Rivers State developed a fault and was trapping the cards of users from other banks. In order to avoid the embarrassment clients from other banks would have to go through to have their cards returned to them, the explanation was not well communicated. The intention was not in any way to prevent clients of other banks from accessing the cash in our ATMs. Once again, we apologise to the people affected and to the general public for this incident.

Management has put in place measures to ensure that this does not recur.

Regards,
Ecobank
Re: Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank by tpia1: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Always two sides to every story.
Re: Discrimination Meted Out To Non-customers By Ecobank by chygoz3(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
I hope this is the correct story. Because the way the security man talked to us was really rude.

(1) (Reply)

70M Nigerians Are Poor - World Bank / "The Nigerian Disease" - Prof. Wole Soyinka / Why Do SW People Hate Ojukwu more than SE People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.