Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

“We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors (13740 Views)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by chiteny(m): 5:09am On Dec 08, 2012
Honestly I cannot vouch if this man is a true man of God, but I am falling in love with his simplicity and humanitarian gestures. Let me wait and see if he buys a jet later or not. Then I will conclude about him.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Afam4eva(m): 6:06am On Dec 08, 2012
What's the basis of this man being labelled a false prophet in the first place. I've grown to view this man with suspicion but he seems to be the one doing the will of God. THe humanitarian service of this man should be commended.

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by otunbacymbal(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2012
Real Talk instead of joining does so call Daddy ,Papa that are using followers money too get Private Jet for themself plus expensive University
Welder: Nigerian preacher TB Joshua reacted with horror to reports that people in Zimbabwe wishing to visit Nigeria for healing sessions have been paying $100 registration fees. He has ordered immediate refunds.

He said in a statement: “I have received many emails and newspaper reports on the internet complaining of registration fees of $100. What then makes us an evangelist? When people go to concerts, they also register with $100. If we are evangelists, co-ordinating for God’s sake, all our concerns, aspirations and heart desires must be subjected to the gospel through works of charity by helping the sick, distressed and unsaved instead of collecting registration fees of $100 from them before giving succour, I mean, attending to them.

“This cannot be justified; it amounts to taking a portion of their situation. Your promise, if I may remind you, was to give rest to the sick, distressed and unsaved. If we are focused on making money only, a large slice of life will pass us by.”

Prophet TB Joshua, castigated ‘men of God’ who are living large at the expense of their followers.

“We should spend less on ourselves and more on others,” he said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/12/07/we-spend-less-ourselves-others-prophet-t-b-joshua/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-spend-less-ourselves-others-prophet-t-b-joshua
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Chefo(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2012
Thank you Man of God Senior Prophet T.B Joshua for reminding the worldly money making men of God in the name of so-called prophet and pastors the true Word of God practically written in the book of Matt. 8:7-8. Jesus said and I read, As you go preach this message; the kingdom of God is near. Vs 8. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons, FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY YOU GIVE.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ProPastorChris(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2012
Now many castigators of this MOG are suddenly turning back to swallow their vomits cos of what he said, now they praise him, bunch of hypocrites tongue

Furthermore, you guys - I mean castigators of MOGs be ready cos the affluence of the church is just about bursting forth and the world will not be able to comprehend or handle it.

Is it private jets that you guys are grumbling about undecided you will soon see action cos the church is the richest individual in the cosmos wink wink wink

We are just about warming up, some of you guys will definitely comit suicide out of anger and frustration when you see and hear of what the church will do.

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ignis: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2012
I wish all men of God in Nigeria could have the mentality of T.B. Joshua.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by realitychick: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2012
mekaboy: PPLE I DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH WELL IN THE NIGHT, THEY SAID HE "REFUNDED", DOES THAT IMPLY THAT HE WAS COLLECTING $100 BEFORE FROM PEOPLE WHO COME FOR HEALING ?

IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN HE IS WORSE THAT THE PRIVATE JET OWNERS, BECAUSE THEY DONT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLES SITUATIONS. PEOPLE GIVE TO THEM WILLINGLY.

JESUS NEVER COLLECTED A DIME TO HEAL ANYONE, SO IF TRULY HE COLLECTED THE MONEY HE IS REFUNDING, THEN HE IS CLEARLY OUT OF LINE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST.

Perhaps not only at night,i think all day too.Seems you comment before you Read.
You are the wosrt here,the MOG,is admonishing cordinators in other country to desist from such act,
you pretend by quoting the portion that u r little mind wants to judge.
You had better watch your comment.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by mekaboy(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2012
reality.chick:

Perhaps not only at night,i think all day too.Seems you comment before you Read.
You are the wosrt here,the MOG,is admonishing cordinators in other country to desist from such act,
you pretend by quoting the portion that u r little mind wants to judge.
You had better watch your comment.

[b] ABEG, LET US NOT BE BRAIN.WASHED HERE PLEASE. THIS MAN OF GOD WAS CAUGHT COLLECTING 100 DOLLARS FROM SICK PEOPLE WHO TRAVEL ALL THE WAY FROM ZIMBABWE TO GET HEALED.

NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN MADE PUBLIC, HE IS PREACHING TO OTHER MEN OF GOD.

MY QUESTION IS, IF IT WAS NOT MADE PUBLIC, WOULD HE HAVE REQUESTED THEY REFUND THE MONEY?

ON WHOSE AUTHORITY WAS HIS CHURCH COLLEECTING 100 DOLLARS.?

DID JESUS COLLECT MONEY TO HEAL ANYONE?

WHY DID HE COLLECT MONEY?

HE ASK THEM TO REFUND, WHAT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR YEARS?

SEE HOW HE HAS DIVERTED YOUR ATTENTION FROM THE MAIN FACT THAT, HE IS GUILTY OF MILKING THE SICK OF THEIR MONEY. [\B]
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by tfolamy: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2012
Dat nice of U̶̲̥̅̊.♍Ɣ father i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the lord prophet tb joshua
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by vin4ever(m): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2012
mankand: na wash.....

After you have over fed yourself with sales of Anointing oil N5, 000 per bottle you come out here to spit venom.

I comment my reserve
hahaha. . Bro, anointin oil is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, maybe u were scamed, u can go wit ur GP tank and get it 4 freeeeeee
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by abasgold: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2012
THIS MAN TB. JOSHUA IS A GREAT PROPHET OF GOD, I URGE EVERY OTHER PASTORS TO EMULATE HIM
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Harmonyco(f): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2012

After you have over fed yourself with sales of Anointing oil N5, 000 per bottle you come out here to spit venom.

I comment my reserve
Sori its not oil but water and its not 4 sell i ve one now
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by uzo4real(m): 10:23am On Dec 08, 2012
Well spoken.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by tawa89(f): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2012
ProPastorChris: Now many castigators of this MOG are suddenly turning back to swallow their vomits cos of what he said, now they praise him, bunch of hypocrites tongue

Furthermore, you guys - I mean castigators of MOGs be ready cos the affluence of the church is just about bursting forth and the world will not be able to comprehend or handle it.

Is it private jets that you guys are grumbling about undecided you will soon see action cos the church is the richest individual in the cosmos wink wink wink

We are just about warming up, some of you guys will definitely comit suicide out of anger and frustration when you see and hear of what the church will do.
look at the words that ​you are spitting out.wishing people death . good one pastor
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2012
saintvc: U are black, says d pot to d kettle

Right from time, T.B. Joshua has been a humanitarian and selfless man of God.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Egodons(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2012

I comment my reserve
d anoited water is not for sale. Just knw dat in life if u dont place value on a substance it will be commonise
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2012
if every other pastor can just do 30% of what Prophet T.B.Joshua does,then Nigeria will get better overnight

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Lobolintin(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
dady12: to identify a real man of God is to look to their teaching,the money this man ve spend on the needing is more than the so called private jet,did this man not having money to buy a private jet?the answer is simple as he cares for the needing, not our so call political pastors that call a private jet a necessecity why the needing are dying, other pastors should emulate him tb joshua so that poverty can be eraducated from nigeria,because of jet people are calling on the federal government to be taxing churches and mosque,what a lesson from a private jet!
Tb Joshua build d holy church wit a bilion naira,when al pastor neva even knw whats up... He his a true evangelist,d greates philantropic clergy of our modern day, very simple,and decent.. Unah dey watch Emmanuel Tv,then unah go knw whats up..I LOV U PAPA.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Lobolintin(m): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
John_son: i don't kn y ppl take dis man serious.i had bn following his growth since 1993.he is just trying to pull himself out of scanda.oda jet pastor church give 2 d poor but dey don't anouce 2 d world like him
Amadioha fire u,who and who has they gven thngz to,ur papa ?... Guy,grow up,if u like folow frm 1st century,nah u sabi,what am sayin is as simple as,if a fake drug can cure AIDS,and d real once are multiplyng d virus,whch wil u opt 4 ?.. Grow up guy,diz techno age,nt epoch age.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Lobolintin(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
mangbede: I av alot of respect 4 TB Joshua n his ministry....Aside his church, I can't go to any church i'm older than ie penticostal
A Dr in ma dept said such,and i adoptd it sharp sharp.. Me nah ful native man...
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by otipoju(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
ProPastorChris: Now many castigators of this MOG are suddenly turning back to swallow their vomits cos of what he said, now they praise him, bunch of hypocrites tongue

don't get it twisted. If your man of God was running a business and bought with his money,no problem, but if it is the contribuitions of church members in a nation with mammoth unemployment rate, then it is morally wrong. Did you hear anyone complain that Adenuga or Dangote buy a jet? Being wealthy is not bad for a christian but when wealth becomes the determinant of wether you are a good christian or not then something aint right brother.And if you say its a gift,I remember Elijah or Elisha rejected Naaman's gift.These guys have been caught in the rat race.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ProPastorChris(m): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
@ otipoju

If your man of God was running a business and bought with his money,no problem
do you know what it means to be a man of God? let me give you a hint:

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Act 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
Act 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
Act 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
Act 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

the work of the man of God is not as you see it, if God called you to start a ministry, then you can hardly have time for business even if you desire to but some men of God could manage to do this as a result of many years in the ministry.
until you see your man of God as a gift from God to the body of Christ, then you will talk the way you talk like this:
but if it is the contributions of church members in a nation with mammoth unemployment rate, then it is morally wrong.

Being wealthy is not bad for a christian
ok sir

but when wealth becomes the determinant of whether you are a good christian or not then something aint right brother.
how and where was this done?

And if you say its a gift,I remember Elijah or Elisha rejected Naaman's gift.
did you read the story at all in 1kings 5? i think you need to read it again to know why the gift was rejected.

These guys have been caught in the rat race.
which guys?
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Dejideta: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
dvinebranch: [color=#006600][/color]"...oda jet pastor church give 2 d poor but dey don't anouce 2 d world like him"@ john_son. Dnt knw of d other part of ur post buh d part I quoted is true. Judge nt so u won't b judged. Cos its easy to say a lot wen u nt in d position/situatn as dey.As 4me I can't wait 4judgement day- der we get to see d whole thgy on a "video reel" grin...let's work towards dat rather.

But they announce to the world how wealthy they are and when they purchase their jet, they tell the whole world.

Men of God indeed!!
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Dejideta: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2012

If the whole idea of the church is all about affluence , riches, jet, and wealth, I am afraid broda, you might be on your way to the lake of fire.
Are your role models I mean the jet pastors richer or wiser than solomon? What was solomon's conclusion about all these things of the world you are so excited about? Solomon said vanity of vanity, all is vanity.
You cannot gain the world and gain your soul at the same time says Jesus, you will drop one for the other. Ask that rich man in hell, he knows better than you now.
Ask rich men in heaven, though very, very, very few, they will tell you they were only channel of blessing. They follow the instruction of Jesus to sell all they had and give to the poor.
If you are so excited about amassing wealth for you, you and you alone, you are far from the the kingdom brodo.
Save yourself from this perversed generation.

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Edunwa302(m): 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes thats my prophet. Let luv lead.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ProPastorChris(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
@ dejideta

If the whole idea of the church is all about affluence , riches, jet, and wealth,
do you know who the church is? how do you define affluence, riches, jet and wealth?

I am afraid broda, you might be on your way to the lake of fire.
how many people have you sent or seen going there? how do you know who is going there? who are you to determine who goes there?

Are your role models I mean the jet pastors richer or wiser than solomon?
definitely yes cos the One richer and wiser than Solomon indwells me now, i carry Him with me everywhere i go wink

What was solomon's conclusion about all these things of the world you are so excited about? Solomon said vanity of vanity, all is vanity.
i am only not so excited about being rich, this is who i am: the loaded child of God who has everything and owns everything cool
you need to understand Solomon's view of what he said in that book cos if its as you have quoted it in isolation, then, you need not work at all or be alive grin

You cannot gain the world and gain your soul at the same time says Jesus, you will drop one for the other.
so being comfortable in life to you means gaining the world? please whenever you quote a scripture, do it contextually and not in isolation undecided

Ask that rich man in hell, he knows better than you now.
so you think he went to hell cos he was rich? do your study very well bros, you need to ask the Holy Ghost to teach you instead of forming your own ideas. with this kind of attitude, you are "serving into devil's hand".

Ask rich men in heaven, though very, very, very few, they will tell you they were only channel of blessing.
you talk as if you communicate with them over there instead of talking with the Holy Spirit undecided
we are all channels of blessing irrespective of who you choose to do.

They follow the instruction of Jesus to sell all they had and give to the poor.
how many of the rich guys did He give this instruction to? and what do you make of this verse:
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

If you are so excited about amassing wealth for you, you and you alone, you are far from the the kingdom brodo.
its obvious you did not or have not read any of my posts, so i rest my case.

ciao
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by chiteny(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2012

Which of the riches do you think is more important? Riches of the world of riches of the spirit?
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ProPastorChris(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
Which of the riches do you think is more important? Riches of the world of riches of the spirit?

do not pretend, thinking you are humble cos you cannot be rich spiritually without being loaded here; the spirit rules the physical.

being rich is not about amassing stuff, its the ability of the spirit in you expressed whenever and everytime demand is placed on it.

you've got to be smart in life; never embrace poverty cos its from the devil, it incapacitates you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being / How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. / Why ‘jingle Bells’ Is Popular Among Christmas Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.