Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate (829 Views)

How Will You Celebrate Birthday With One Thousand Naira / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by alphaconde(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
This had began to terrify me recently when a friend visited requesting to lend money for a ceremony he is proposing. I was disgusted and he gave me a kind of response that seemed like that's how's done(normally) well I need to know how wise it is to borrow money or raise ur debt for ceremonies or celebrations. Me think it is double jeopardy not having money and spending borrowed sums for celebrations.your opinions please
Alpha Conde
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by k2039: 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
Just plain stupidity to me
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by greatgod2012(f): 1:18am On Dec 10, 2012
Borrowing money to celebrate implies that you are suffering from one or all or more of these:
1. Hypocrisy
2. S.t.u.p.i.d. i.t.y
3. Mental retardation

Hypocrisy, in d sense that you want people to see you as a rich person when you are not, so you give wrong impression about yourself. When d celebration is over and d creditors seems to be asking for their money, you start regretting, blaming your guests of not giving you fat envelopes.
S.t u.pidity in d sense that you are giving out d wrong impression that you are comfortable while you are not, hence scaring away your potential helpers who might be thinking that you are financially better than them and so you will start blaming God for not connecting you to your helper, when you have by yourself scare them away with your s.t.u.p.i. Ty.
Mental retardation in d sense that, how can you think of feeding many people with borrowed money when you can hardly feed your mouth, its sound somehow. If one is mentally okay, why will someone borrow money to celebrate when such person cannot afford it, why cant such a person borrow money to start a business which will eventually bring forth profit and liberate him from bondage of wretchedness.

Im not saying celebration is not good, infact it is good but one should always cut his coat according to his size, borrowing money to celebrate is uncalled for, its good to celebrate when and with what one can afford.
My opinion anyway.
May God help us all.
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by alphaconde(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
greatgod2012: Borrowing money to celebrate implies that you are suffering from one or all or more of these:
1. Hypocrisy
2. S.t.u.p.i.d. i.t.y
3. Mental retardation

Hypocrisy, in d sense that you want people to see you as a rich person when you are not, so you give wrong impression about yourself. When d celebration is over and d creditors seems to be asking for their money, you start regretting, blaming your guests of not giving you fat envelopes.
S.t u.pidity in d sense that you are giving out d wrong impression that you are comfortable while you are not, hence scaring away your potential helpers who might be thinking that you are financially better than them and so you will start blaming God for not connecting you to your helper, when you have by yourself scare them away with your s.t.u.p.i. Ty.
Mental retardation in d sense that, how can you think of feeding many people with borrowed money when you can hardly feed your mouth, its sound somehow. If one is mentally okay, why will someone borrow money to celebrate when such person cannot afford it, why cant such a person borrow money to start a business which will eventually bring forth profit and liberate him from bondage of wretchedness.

Im not saying celebration is not good, infact it is good but one should always cut his coat according to his size, borrowing money to celebrate is uncalled for, its good to celebrate when and with what one can afford.
My opinion anyway.
May God help us all.

I second
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by mgbeketoto: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yes!
I MAX OUT ALL CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS!!!!!

I can afford to!!!! cool
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by mysticgal(f): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
borrowers are losers.and always
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by cycline404(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2013
I will never do that.... I was a president of an association, we had our annual dinner night last weekend...
I told the dinner commitee that we must cut our coat based on our size..... Even till now i never looked back or scared cos i never borrowed a dine from anyone and the dinner was the most glamour of all time...

Why would you borrow to celebrate... Hypocrisy is the cause of that!!
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by alphaconde(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2013
The ugly truth is that a lot of people do it. The other day a friend ran to me to lend him some money to complete arrangemment for his daugthers 1yr birthday. Though I didn't have it it left me thinking
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by deols(f): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
NOthing is spoiling my big day. Not even the lack of money.

Everything must be in a good taste and state.

Whatever it takes must be taken.

cool cool
Re: Will Or Can U Borrow Money To Celebrate by sotum2: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million / Video Of Girl Aged Seven Steals Iphone In Public Under Approving Eye Of Mother / Tribute To Modupeola Wickliffe-lajubutu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.