Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Tribute To Modupeola Wickliffe-lajubutu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribute To Modupeola Wickliffe-lajubutu (829 Views)

The PROUD working woman AND MOTHER!!!!! Tribute To EDO-ITALIANS. AMADIN! / Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B / My Tribute To Perx. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Modupeola Wickliffe-lajubutu by seanswitch(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2013
I saw your picture in the newspaper today. I saw it yesterday too. As a matter of fact, I have looked at that newspaper page everyday since you left. It was your obituary. Nothing had felt more personal before now; I had to keep it. It felt like the last real you I could hold on to. I miss you. It was a Wednesday. The day that changed the course of our lives forever. The day God took you to be with Him for eternity. The day my entire world fell apart. That day, parents lost a child, a husband lost a wife, siblings lost a sister, a child lost a mother…but Heaven gained an angel. “You’re an uncle, yaaay!” I had called my brother from the office earlier. I was elated. Mom was ecstatic. It was pure joy. FEW HOURS LATER… I was jarred from sleep with loud piercing screams. It was a little past 11pm. I woke up with a start. I was CONFUSED. I walked into the sitting room with trepidation….I looked from face to face; Dad, Mum, Biodun. I wanted answers but I didn’t want to know. With tears streaming down his face, Dad said, “Dupe is gone”. And in that one instant, my heart hit my feet. I’m sure I felt it. Everything became a blur, I heard nothing else after that. It became hard to think, see, breathe or process any of that information. I crumpled to the ground under the weight of those 3 words. My heart was tearing…I needed help; an explanation. Something or someone to tell me all this was not happening. “Gone to where?…”, the child in me kept asking. But one look at mom; sprawled on the floor, grabbing your picture tightly to her chest; staring blankly into space…I knew the answers. That was the longest night of our lives. The next few weeks literally flew past. Nothing else mattered. Visitors, family, friends swarmed in and out of the house. Prayer warriors unleashed fire on the tents of the enemy, shouts of “It is well”, “God giveth and God taketh” rent the air… So much was happening around me, but I wasn’t there. I was locked away someplace far away from all of this. Reality was too hard to deal with; I couldn’t face the fact that life had yanked you out of our sight…just like that?! No! I had lots of unanswered questions. Anger tugged at my heart, doubt snowballed into fear as the raw pain gnawed at my insides. I couldn’t seem to cry enough; every thought of you brought it’s own fresh torrent of tears. I wished the tears would ease the pain, or at least help me understand. It didn’t. It couldn’t. It brought me to my knees. I thought of your husband. I thought of your newborn princess; all the plans we made for her arrival. How you’d grab my hands to feel your tummy whenever she turned excitedly every time you drank cold water. Lol I remembered our last conversation the day before, my promise to come visit….all at once, 22 year old memories came rushing at me with the current of an ocean. But like the rainbow after a huge storm, He gave beauty for our ashes. They say time heals every wound; I think not. God simply teaches you lovingly how to get through it everyday; He wraps his arms around you, and comforts your broken spirit. He has been amazingly faithful. Yes my heart still breaks everyday; yes I remember you every time and it still feels surreal; like an out-of-body experience. Our numerous pictures and FB posts are a constant albeit painful reminder of moments we would never again have, laughters we’ll never share, stories we’ll never tell and memories we would never create. It’s been one whole year without you; one amazing year with your beautiful princess.I celebrate you Modupeola, my big sister, my mother-figure, my teacher, my friend, my confidant, the one example of the kind of woman I wanted to be. You’ll forever be in our hearts. Sun re o! Modupeola Esther, Omo Wickliffe; Aya Lajubutu!❤

http://ibironkewickliffe./
Re: Tribute To Modupeola Wickliffe-lajubutu by Hummingbird: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Eternal rest grant unto her oh Lord....and let your perpetual light shine upon her...may her soul and souls of the faithful departed through the mercy and love of God rest in peace.

May God Almighty comfort the family,protect the little princess and be with th husband too.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nairalanders Keep Viewing Post Without Posting? / Twinning / What Is The Greatest Gift A Parent Can Give A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.