Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Do I Deal With Negativity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Deal With Negativity? (765 Views)

How Do I Deal With Co-workers That Hate Me Without Cause? / Salt : Using It To Neutralise Negativity Spiritually / How To Deal With Eating In The Dream And Others Dream Types (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 4:44am On Dec 08, 2012
cry I am very negative abt whats gonna happen tomorrow. I have struggled over the fear of failure for many years. I have been praying more, i have become more quiet, I have been going to church every week

but its not helping me at all

what other ways can I improve my inner peace cry cry cry embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2012
Renew your mind, its not just about going to church you have to make the word flesh and always cancel negative thoughts with superior positives. Choose to be positive, success is a choice
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2012
Being an atheistcheesy

On a serious note, although I wasn't really joking, could u give more info on ur problem, unless u don't talk to the free minds?
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 5:10am On Dec 08, 2012
sadeiyare: Renew your mind, its not just about going to church you have to make the word flesh and always cancel negative thoughts with superior positives. Choose to be positive, success is a choice

u make it look so easy undecided
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 5:20am On Dec 08, 2012
inurmind: Being an atheistcheesy

On a serious note, although I wasn't really joking, could u give more info on ur problem, unless u don't talk to the free minds?

i get pulled down easily, undecided
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

u make it look so easy undecided

Been there dearie, trust me when I say its so easy. Celebrate yourself, filter the information you take in. Consciously create two boxes in your mind separate positives from negatives and box them, afterward do away with the negative box before long it will be a subconscious process in your mind.know that success is a collection of your todays ; if your develop the succesful habit daily it will happen naturally in mid and long run.
Start from the little things like cooking a nice meal, meeting up on time with an appiontment, having wonderful time with friends, creating a fulfilling thread on NL e.t.c As long as you are successful in these little tasks you already are in the long run. From here you can build your confidence of positivity

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

Ask yourself a simple question, how is this going to affect my destiny ?
We have two types of friends 1.That take you towards your goals and 2.Move you away from your goals. Ditch the latter you don't need them and there is nothing like neutral friends. Statistically 90'/, of people you meet will like you and the remaining 10'/, won't. Focus on the likes, gravitate towards where you are celebrated and not tolerated.
Nobody can pull you down except you do this yourself, start seeing your friendship as an asset and not a liability, make it a plus to people and know that progress is not always ritual.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by manmustwac(m): 6:40am On Dec 08, 2012
F
onila:

You mean you get dissapointed easily? Can u give an example of what u mean?
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2012
onila: cry I am very negative abt whats gonna happen tomorrow. I have struggled over the fear of failure for many years. I have been praying more, i have become more quiet, I have been going to church every week

but its not helping me at all

what other ways can I improve my inner peace cry cry cry embarassed embarassed

Onila i have been there and in in fact still am.
Nothing about this "journey" for inner peace will be easy. Nothing. Life will bring you lots of hurdles and for anyone to act like its all about simply "smiling and thinking positive" to get through them is unrealistic.

Time, maturity and patience are the only solutions to this problem. You are young and have more to experience and learn in life. I am not going to judge you but going by your comments sometimes it appears you see vanity (money, clothes, gadgets...) as sources of happiness...many of us do. And that's false (which i am sure you know by now). Those things will only make you smile but never will they make you truly happy.

This is where faith comes in. Its easier said to "trust in God" than done. But really he is all that you will be able to depend on in the end. Continue to talk to him (no church necessary...use your inner voice) and ask him to guide you on your way. Every morning as you wake, do chores, lay down to sleep...et cetera, talk to him until it comes natural. Eventually when you learn the lessons required to know him, yourself and what life is about you will be happy. smiley

In due time this will all make sense and I wish you well sis.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 7:11am On Dec 08, 2012
*Kails*:

Time, maturity and patience are the only solutions to this problem. You are young and have more to experience and learn in life. I am not going to judge you but going by your comments[b] sometimes it appears you see vanity (money, clothes, gadgets...) as sources of happiness[/b]

grin grin true sha
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 7:35am On Dec 08, 2012
manmustwac: FYou mean you get dissapointed easily? Can u give an example of what u mean?

i get discouraged easily

i dont have a hard skin around bullies or insultive pple
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2012
sadeiyare:

Ask yourself a simple question, how is this going to affect my destiny ?
We have two types of friends 1.That take you towards your goals and 2.Move you away from your goals. Ditch the latter you don't need them and there is nothing like neutral friends. Statistically 90'/, of people you meet will like you and the remaining 10'/, won't. Focus on the likes, gravitate towards where you are celebrated and not tolerated.
Nobody can pull you down except you do this yourself, start seeing your friendship as an asset and not a liability, make it a plus to people and know that progress is not always ritual.
cool cool
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by advocate666: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

grin grin grin grin grin

I like easily pulled down babes. You should be around people like me.
Try Satan and experience a life change.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by wiegraf: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2012
You like shiny things and are sensitive? There's no hope for you.

Note that even if a person does not explicitly state that they care for you, that doesn't mean they don't. For many talking about feelings and blah blah are a terrible waste of time. What matters to them are actions, not show. So, don't take it personally from these sort (mostly dudes, but quite a few women as well).

Even the emotional ones want to connect and have harmony just as much as you, though it might not look so to you. So it boils down to this with just about every conflict : miscommunication.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2012
advocate666:

grin grin grin grin grin

I like easily pulled down babes. You should be around people like me.
Try Satan and experience a life change.

Chai!
U sure do know how to advertise ur religion.

Op I'm not a big adviser but I just want u to do one thing for me: smilecheesy
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2012
onila ur a superstar. ur one of the few recognizable posters on this site. don't let the abuse get to you in the romance forum. people loathe what they don't understand . but that aside ...to be positive u need to realize that no one ever has good perfect days . that would be robotic and u would get sick of it. the easiest way to feel positive is to realize that there's always someone in a worse position than you who is making the best of what little they have.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2012
In a less silly tone, I really admire people who can talk about their insecurities.

That's why the religion section is so volcanic, everybody tries to look so tough and confident.

In a more merry tone:

Look for peace and hapiness
try to help once in a while
look at the beauty in the mirror
look at the beaty and smile

By the one who's in ur mindcheesy
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2012
Hope the best for u.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2012
Onila why arent u sleeping? Maybe u need to take a break from NL.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by slimchi2k2(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2012
ONILA dear stop callin ur follow black niga and bitch maybe u we hav peace,i wonder why little girl like u as u claim dont have peace,chekc urself

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by tpia1: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2012
hire a bouncer to follow you around to church and handle whoever wants to give you a hard time.

very satisfying even if unscriptural.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by UjSizzle(f): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2012
Kails and Sade I've spoken well.
Try contentment, it's the surest way to be happy.
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by onila(f): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
more contributions
Re: How Do I Deal With Negativity? by kambo(m): 3:15am On Apr 28, 2013
share wat u've done so far to combat ur negative streak and results(progress hopefully) u've experienced so far. Giv feedbck so advisers know their not wasting their time. (and bytes). U cant loss weight by only watching d fitness channel.

(1) (Reply)

Some Questions For The Christians / Death Is Just An Illusion: We Continue To Live In A Parallel Universe / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 19 February 2013 Give Life To Your Faith! By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.