Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27878 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by SisiKill1: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Lmao. ..this is the kinda bojuboju moves he uses to deceive the sheeples.

Why do you need to be paid a salary when you control the account?

Why would you need salary when you can use church money to build a printing press, print books you sell to your congregation and keep the profit?

Why would you need salary when the bakery built from seed sowing is raking in all the dough (no pun intended) you will ever need?

The pure water plant nko?

I laugh every time he gets on the pulpit and scream....I can never be pooooooooooooooooooor! It's like dude , you don't need to tell us that twice, the sheeples jumping up and down, bursting into tears of joy on your behalf while totally oblivious to the irony that one pair of shoes in your closet can feed a family of four for a month. ...is all the evidence we need that you can never be pooooooooooor.

Funny stuff I tells ya! grin cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by dramenda(f): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
but why
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Benwems(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
So where did he get the money to buy the three(3) private jets and build the university? From the sky! Or was it a mysterious miracle!
Please spear me the folk tale.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by talktrue1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
Was that the only message you got from Shilloh 2012.
People with different mission
Others are receiving blessing, you are busy calculating when he received salary last.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Leadn(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: Bishop Oyedepo last night again floored those accusing him of riping off church members through tithes and offering to live in affluence while cruising in private jets.

He said,"The last time Church paid my salary was December 1987, nobody heared it, not even the Ministers in the church until 1997 and church members didn't hear this until 2007".

Again he said "In January of 1988 my wife asked me of money for feeding and I told her I had give my salary to God, and that was the last time she ever had to ask for feeding til date"

He aagin queried whether anybody has ever been approached by him for any form of financial assistance? Again he shocked the people accusing him and church of using poor people's money to build universities that themselves can't afford to send their kid when he said;

"Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"

This man Oyedepo is a retard!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by TableLeg(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
I seriously doubt Oyedepo amassed all he has in assets and cash without dipping into the church funds and tithes .... I seriously do
Oyedepo, we dont believe you, you need more people!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Adanyebe(m): 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
IS he trying to say... he has been making a living from the money the church used to set him up in business? undecided... ***i am becomin jealous indeed***

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
If Oyedepo does not touch church funds, it means the church trust fund must really have billions sitting in it. One wonders what a Pastor needs four Private Jets for. I hope no one will insinuate that he uses them to fly cash money for politrickians across the oceans and keeping 10% as Tithe. I didnt say so, cos I love Oyedepo more than any other Pastor, He is as loquacious as I am. When I retire, if God doesnt call me, I must call myself to Ministry. Too much money to be made, too many souls to fish. I am the Next Fisher of Men ( and may be women too).

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
GOOD GOOD AND GOOD SIR

WHEN YOU KNOW Covenant University IS YOUR PRIVATE BUSINESS, SIR WHY DID IT HAS TO GO UNDER CHURCH NAME AND ALSO WHERE ARE THE TAX

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
Good afternoon again,
I think you are the one trying to shift the goal post. The following are applicable:

eldoradoxx: Hahahahaha, my friend why do u keep changing the goal post? There is a difference between Church money and voluntary gift to a man of God. The bible talks several times about giving to the man of God. The widow of Zeraphath in the bible gave her last meal to the prophet and she was miraculously sustained through famine by the presence of the prophet. There are many more verse that talks about sowing seed in the life of a man of God. So don't see it as a burden pple giving to "genuine" men of God.

If you are in doubt, let me use this opportunity to clarify my position. I am not against people giving gifts to "Men of God". It is strongly recommended in the bible. Even Paul said it is the right thing to do. Jesus is even in support of giving to "men of God"; though the authenticity of our so called "men of God" can be called to question but this is another topic of discussion.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, you should note that my post was trying to point out what the "good pastor" claimed. He said his members "one naira" did not go into building the University. If this is true, then where did the money come from? I would appreciate it if you do not tell us that you HEARD that he has businesses home and abroad.

Secondly, you accused me of the following:

eldoradoxx:
Talking about "compulsion"in giving u accused him of, here him last night " If you are not a willing giver, you are a loosing giver,if anybody compells you to give to God, forget it, God will not accept your giving"

This was what I said:

striktlymi:
Good afternoon

I don't think that it's about compulsion. I believe firmly that none of his church members are being compelled to donate money.

It is very clear from my post that I never accused him of compulsion. I want to believe that you might have made a very honest mistake.

Thank you!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Kx: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
If pastor had simply said these issues are spiritual, one would have nodded; but with these undisclosed/undisclosable source, I don't know what to make of it.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by odumdesmond: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
ActiveMan: GOOD GOOD AND GOOD SIR

WHEN YOU KNOW Covenant University IS YOUR PRIVATE BUSINESS, SIR WHY DID HE HAS TO GO UNDER CHURCH NAME AND ALSO WHERE ARE THE TAX
Schools don't pay tax
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
MOG, where are the billions coming from? What the hell do you need a salary for when people sow millions directly in your life monthly, same applies to your lovely wife and stop creating the impression that you are receiving monetary gifts from heaven delivered by angels. Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by DANILSA(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
MD: DANIEL YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR MD SINCE 4 MONTHS
DANIEL: I KNOW MA
MD: WHY DAN? YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER JOB
DANIEL: I WAS ONLY WONDERING WHERE THE CASHIER PAYS IN DAILY SALES AND WHO CONTROLS IT
MD: SHUT-UP WHY SHOULD YOU QUESTION ME ON HOW I SPEND MY MONEY
DANIEL: SORRY MA, NEVER KNEW YOU HAD ACCESS TO THE CASH.

MY POINT.......................... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by salolo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nigeria don't appreciate their own, someone who is not gaining anything in government business rather is helping building nation and people, yet people still don't believe him. i know is when one white man come and tell us another thing that is when we will believe. God will save us.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
SO IF HE IS NOT TAKING THE MONEY, & THE MONEY KEEPS COMING, WHERE S THE MONEY

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by stagger: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
People again just arguing nonsense. If you have doubts, why not ask anyone who Bishop has ever approached for money to come out?

I got married with my salary contributing less than 8% of my wedding expense. When God is feeding you from HIS OWN GARDEN, you will know and be a wonder to many!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Onliie(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
bigmaut:
if he has a goldmine & oil well why did he not distribute his wealth among his poor members like TB abi na chop alone he only mouth it yu are bless,even his village is retched no pipe born water.
and you are so sure he is not giving to the poor.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by philipstanley(m): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
I BELIEVE HIM
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
stagger: People again just arguing nonsense. If you have doubts, why not ask anyone who Bishop has ever approached for money to come out?

I got married with my salary contributing less than 8% of my wedding expense. When God is feeding you from HIS OWN GARDEN, you will know and be a wonder to many!
Its understandable, your wedding didnt cost money. It was natural buba and kuli kuli arrangee. Just joking bruv
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
Is he trying to separate the ownership of covenant university from winners chapel or what?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by charlesditro: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

1) In the year he mentioned was the church as affluent as it is today?

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!
1st ma dear, i would like to know the name of the church you attend? 2nd. Whats your level of success in life? 3rd. if bishop was your pa would you ask him that? This is not a topic for disscusion so i will make no comments.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Olaone1: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
Funny stuff.

Too many 7s in his story.

198[b]7[/b]- salary stopped
199[b]7[/b]- ministers knew about it
200[b]7[/b] - sheep members were informed.

Olorun wa o, mr pastor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Too many clueless people on here!
In whose name is the church called? Who controls the church bank account? how many i.diots throw away money every month end in the name of tithe? That is the oil well generating the billions of un taxable income for our dear 'man of god'

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
It would interest u 2 know that Oyedepo hasnt received income 4rm d over 50 books he has written..as they are spiritual materials.yes,he said he stopped receiving salary in 1987 and also he's not a signatory 2 d church financial accounts.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Olaone1: 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
He has effectively informed Covenant sheep members that he owns the uni - 100%.

Where are your tithes and offerings? L'o ba tan undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by bknight: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
Religion is modern day slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by gbensright: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
THIS MAN OF GOD IN QUESTION IS AN AUTHOR OF MANY BEST SELLING SPIRITUAL BOOK, HE HAS AUTHORED OVER 70 BOOK THAT IS SELLING LIKE WIDE FIRE,HE IS ALSO A INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SPEAKER.IF HE WERE TO BE A WHITE MAN,MIND YOU NO ONE CAN COURSE WHO GOD HAS NOT CURSE.EVERYTHING HE DOES IS BETWEEN HIM AND GOD
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sholesky: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT WATSOVER TO QUESTION THE GLORY IF U DONT AV DETAILS OF D STORY....for many of you asking questions as to where he got all the money he has and built all he has...i think dats a puzzle for u to solve,if you av ur own money,tell ur sources to d world and again i want u all to know that dis great men of God tested over time many of u criticiz daily cam into the ministry wen there was nothing rossy/attractive about d ministry.the ministry was taged as poor as a church rat.it only takes people that belived in a course/vision to thread even at such times.they were real lovers of God and i think dats their secret...THEY SINCERELY LOVE GOD.how many of u know dat wen bishop oyedepo was doin his nysc,he built a church for God with palm fronts.he had to climb up and pluck d fronts to construct a church to build to d lord for worship,dis should show his love for the lord.if u dont have the story never ever question d glory.many of u will be great tomorrow and people will question ur glory even wen they dont know ur story.i am not saying he is perfect but all i know is that dat man is SINCERE AND HAS BEEN TESTED OVER TIME.d same goes to baba adeboye...left a flourishin career as a prospectiv youngest prof for ministry wen it was notin....they paid alot of sacrifice dat many of us dont know,we are just sayin jaggons dat we dont know about.i wont be suprise in the nest 15 years wen i build the biggest and most sophisticated university in d world,some of u here will still question d gory forgetin dat u dont av details of d story.YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT WATSOVER TO QUESTION THE GLORY IF U DONT AV DETAILS OF D STORY....

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by sleekymag(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Asides that,he didnt say d university was built by him.actually it's d church that owns d universities(covenant,landmark and more coming).just dat wat he said was d church didnt hav 2 raise any special offerin or call members privately askin 4 funds.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
tpia1:

I think the greedy ones are the bad belle folks who are always greedily eyeing other people who God has blessed.

They cant ask for their own blessing due to their evil hearts, but must constantly try to pull down others who dont fit their criteria of " if you're a minister you must be poor"

I tend to disagree with you sir.

Even Christ spoke up against the wealthy people in his time and asked some of them time and time again to sell all they own and give the proceeds to the poor. Does this make Christ "greedy" and a "bad belle"? I think not! Arguing in favour of someone while making a mockery of another is not the way to go.

The questions people ask are very valid. If Christ says it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a niddle than for a rich man to enter heaven, or that a rich man should sell all that he owns and follow him, are people not permitted to ask questions when indeed this rich folks now become "men of God"?

Note that I am not saying that it is bad to be rich. All I am saying is that the questions people ask shouldn't be put off because those they question are supposed to be "Men of God". If we can talk about politicians using public funds for their own personal gain, why can't we do the same in the house of God?

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
This sounds like using church tithe and offerings to build universities then turn around to claim you built the universities without church funds so that when you are no more,your family can claim the universities as theirs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.