Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27901 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Dejideta: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
flexygift: God sent him and he is really doing his work ...so watch so that the wrath of the lord will not fall on You..once you are Gods' follower h'll lift you up

do not be deceived, once a man of God does not mean always a man of God.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
rusher14:
Don't wait till Monday i think this link might help:

http://www.punchng.com/education/olusanya-seeks-tax-reduction-for-private-school-owners/
That is why its gud to deal with professionals when setting up a business. Guess the schools they re charging tax were incorporated as limited liability companies which opens them to tax payment. A company that has shares shows its a business venture and therefore is subject to CITA. But when you register it as a trust, you benefit from exemption because incorporated trustee is not for profit making purpose which schools actually are supposed to be. Payment of salaries and allowance from fees paid is stil not an indicia of business venturing ,the law only forbids u from distributing profit to say trustees of the school! So schools are exempted depending on whether registered as a business or social services provider!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: That is why its gud to deal with professionals when setting up a business. Guess the schools they re charging tax were incorporated as limited liability companies which opens them to tax payment. A company that has shares shows its a business venture and therefore is subject to CITA. But when you register it as a trust, you benefit from exemption because incorporated trustee is not for profit making purpose which schools actually are supposed to be. Payment of salaries and allowance from fees paid is stil not an indicia of business venturing ,the law only forbids u from distributing profit to say trustees of the school! So schools are exempted depending on whether registered as a business or social services provider!
Story don change.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by IYANGBALI: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote
author=striktlymi]

Selling books is lucrative especially when you have a ready market for
it. But can one make so much money from selling books alone? Frankly his
coming out to make comments that imply that he does not touch the funds
of his church is still a source of worry. If not through his church,
where then does he make his money from? I know a number of successful
business men with their own companies but none of them can afford to buy
Jets and build a University without feeling the pinch. Note that buying
a jet has running costs. And this is not 10 kobo maintenance o. If not
from his church then where? I don't think the sale of books alone is
where he gets money from.[/quote]abi baba do money juju ni?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
rusher14:
Safe from what?
Would God smite me for discussing Oyedepo, a mere mortal who is capitalizing on the desperation of people to milk them of their hard-earned income?
The man is a good-for-nothing two-timing thief with no consistency to his tales.
There i said it.
Men who make News don't watch them-bishop david oyedepo...Stop wasting ur time and energy criticising the Bishop..find sumting productive to do with ur time..time na money and na seun dey smile go bank now...while the Bishop they progress because e dey make news thereby making waves..curiosity tends to make people draw closer to a Man under criticisms rather than away from him-bidam.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by IYANGBALI: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
[quote
author=eldoradoxx] This is a big fat lie. As in 1995, Papa was already a
multi millionaire. How can he be earning 400k while his book " Hidden
Covenant of Blessing" states somewhere that as far as 1995 he was paying
monthly tithe of N1 million. [/quote]one million naira tithe?God you have not been fair to me .
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bidam: Men who make News don't watch them-bishop david oyedepo...Stop wasting ur time and energy criticising the Bishop..find sumting productive to do with ur time..time na money and na seun dey smile go bank now...while the Bishop they progress because e dey make news thereby making waves..curiosity tends to make people draw closer to a Man under criticisms rather than away from him-bidam.
Don't worry about what i do with my time as i'm doing just fine.
The truth should always be told regardless of whose ox is gored.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Una no even knw wetin dey happen 4 europe,d guy is into sports business nah.He owns a football club called convenant FC...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Rastamann: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
story! story!! story!!!

Who get the tithe and contributions? And who makes use of them? If he does not collect tithes and contributions, where then does he get his money?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Xfactoria: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
BISHOP OYEDEPO IS A BLOODY LIAR!!!!

I attended a Winners' Chapel Church in Sagamu, Ogun State during the ASUU Strike of 2003 and SPECIAL OFFERINGS WERE RAISED EVERY WEEK FOR COVENANT UNIVERSITY. Some of my friends who were his church members also gave free services at the construction sites. That contribution has also been denied by his statement suggesting that the church had no input into the building of the University.

To some folks who said he made money selling books - Is any man of God supposed to make money preaching the gospel? Does he own the inspiration in those messages? Does he own the knowledge? Selling messages giving by the inspiration of God contravenes Jesus's examples. Jesus did not sell messages in whatever form. Putting messages in books and tapes and selling them is tantamount to selling the gospel except the sale of those items were done at cost price in which case no profit should be earned.Or if profits were earned at all, it should belong wholly to the church. It should never count for personal gain. We hear Pastors preach that people should use their gift freely to the service of God, yet they sell tapes and books which messages were freely inspired by the Holy spirit for personal gains.

Lastly, if Oyedepo even made wealth legitimately, shouldn't all of it or almost all of it go to charity? Matthew 6 vs 19-20 - "Lay up not for yourselves treasure upon the earth, where moth and dust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven...." By biblical standard and as Jesus taught us from the example of the rich guy who came to ask Jesus what to do to get to heaven, everything should be given to the poor. Secondly, Jesus also said in Matthew 6 vs 24, no one can serve two masters, you cannot serve God and mammon. You have to give up one to follow the other. He stated in Matthew 6 vs 21 - where your treasure is, there will your heart also be. You cannot have so many businesses under your management and still be professing the service of God. So Oyedepo is either a businessman or clergy and I think by his utterances, he is purely now a businessman.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by stepone(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi: Good afternoon once again,

I quite agree with you on the above quote. "Men of God" should not use "Church" as an escape route from the challenges and difficulties of life. I am very pleased that he has "businesses" that he runs. This too I am sure Apostle Paul would be pleased with, cause he also believes in the dignity of labour.

But really you can't be absolutely sure that he owned those businesses before he became a pastor. Because in order to effectively prove that he did not use church as an escape route from the difficulties of life, you need to demonstrate that those businesses were in existence before he became a pastor and the businesses were thriving. Remember that you made the following comment:

Doesn't the above quote show that at the time he was pastor there was no business venture? Or at best the business he might have had, was not that profitable? If the business was profitable there won't be any need to deny the wife money cause he gave his salary to God.

Now, can't we safely assume that if he got the businesses after he became pastor, he actually had the business empire via the church's fund? Yes, there has to be a business empire for someone to be a billionaire. Again, if there is a business empire, which enabled him build a university within 7 months, how come we have no knowledge of it? If you know any of his companies, please post it here and let's verify the claims. Or are we saying that the businesses are:

1) The church
2) The University

Like I said, I am not trying to discredit him but really since he wants to talk about it, then I think we have a right to ask some questions too in order to have a better understanding.

Thank you!

Am loving this: I think people like you should be employed to FBI, CIA or rather EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by TableLeg(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
sleekymag:

I definitely hit a nerve there; keep crying then!!!
FOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Toronto123: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yeah Right, he made his money from selling books because his JK Rowlings.

Nigerian Christians are so gullible. Always running away from the truth

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by spicyhoney(f): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
bigmaut:
if he has a goldmine & oil well why did he not distribute his wealth among his poor members like TB abi na chop alone he only mouth it yu are bless,even his village is retched no pipe born water.
How do you know he is not helping poor members of his church? Or you want him to announce it to the whole world whenever he helps someone? Or haven't you heard that it is better to give in 'secret' than letting the whole world know when you help someone?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: This is a big fat lie. As in 1995, Papa was already a multi millionaire. How can he be earning 400k while his book " Hidden Covenant of Blessing" states somewhere that as far as 1995 he was paying monthly tithe of N1 million.
Most times autobiographies are not as honest as they seem. Moreover this oyedepo has been a chronic liar

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
Could Bishop have benefitted from fuel subsidy scam that gave him so much money and wealth?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by martinosi: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
THIS MAN BISHOP OYEDEPO IS A

BLESSING

INSPIRATION

ROLE MODEL

AND THE A MAN OF HIGH STANDARDS & INTEGRITY

HE IS ONE OF THE REASON WHY I AM A SUCCESSFUL MAN MAN TODAY PERIOD!!!!

ANY MAN TRYING TO HATE ON HIM IN NIGERIA IS PURELY IGNORANT!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elcatino: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
try69: Pls papa followers answer this questions

1. Does he pay his 10 percent and who manages it cos I think it would be huge?

2. how will the church run when he dies cos I know most of you follow the man and not the "church".

3. Is it ok for a MOG to acquire 4 private jets worth over $60 million dollars plus more money for upkeep when even warren buffet once the world's richest man dosen't have?

4. Will you accept his wife as the next bishop when he dies cos I believe that's what will happen judging from the idahosa experience..

5. Some of you say he does good in "hiding" and I ask; "do good deeds hide?"
Since this criticism started, I have not seen people coming to say they benefited from whatever charity organisation or job he embarked upon.

Please spare me the "touch not my anointed" thing cos when doctrines started emanating causing too many "christ following" sects, nobody said this to the "break-aways".
The fact dat u'v not benefitted 4rm his good deeds doesn't mean others av nt benefitted. I know a lot of pple dat av benefitted 4rm d church's scholarship nd so on
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by toyindebare(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
My people perish for lack of wisdom. Winning is our ways and we will keep winning.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
el catino: The fact dat u'v not benefitted 4rm his good deeds doesn't mean others av nt benefitted. I know a lot of pple dat av benefitted 4rm d church's scholarship nd so on
Why is it that these "people" who have benefited from these scholarships never come out to say so?
Abi dem be ghosts?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by anigold(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
greateros: Dangote we know, Otedeola we know, Oyedepo??

if its not from church fund, then kindly tell us the source of your stupendous wealth!

abeg sir spare us the tortoise stories - e no fit u! . . undecided
Nigeria. Good people, great nation.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
greateros: Dangote we know, Otedeola we know, Oyedepo??

if its not from church fund, then kindly tell us the source of your stupendous wealth!

abeg sir spare us the tortoise stories - e no fit u! . . undecided

E fit am die... murmuring and jealousy over someone‘s progress no fit u... if u like, speak grammar from now till 50yrs for nl, dat one no go take u into Bishop‘s level... Social Network that charge less than kobos makes u rude and unruly... get a life...
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by kolemm: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
CONTROVERSIES:
The same person who said on air (OGBC) when interviewed about 10 years ago that " I have NEVER spent a penny of the church money for myself" Is now saying the last time church paid him salary was in 1987.
I want to submit that even the house Bishop Oyedepo lives was built with church money, I'm not against that, the bible supports it, but just to submit that he has at all times been a beneficiary of the members contributions.

Again, i was in the congregation at Faith Tabernacle on a faithful Sunday in 2005 when My Lord Bishop asked us to pledge towards the CU Library budgeted at N2B. Now i hear that he said that CU was built exclusive of members input.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by cdizz(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
may God uphold u. I cant stand u insult my God.virtually all d ppl commenting on this thread are nothing but beasts frm d pit of hell. devils in human clothings .i cnt imagin u Sat nd watched a Programme for days and ended up criticizing..ahh wat a waste of time in ur life. u shld v gone to a bear parlour nd enjoy ur miserable life.wat explaination can u gv for some one On N22,000 monthly. and decided to gv God back all he had.wt in 365 days he turned into a millonaire...isnt dt a mystery ? talking Abt TB joshua,u dnt v to compare,every 1 has got his own Mission on earth..and beides, d scriptures say if u Do good things in secret ,he shall reward u in public .n if u Do it to please d masses u already got ur reward frm d masses ..nd come to think of it,whose reward is greater?man Or God?..u Beta gv ur life to God because d end tym is near nd dts y d devil is misleading u. bible its self says those who sow bountifully shall reap bountifully and those who sow sparingly shall reap sparingly ..u r blessed ..See me enjoying d double Portion of his grace in LFC ..next Level ..
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Napolitano(m): 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
interesting....
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by ezme(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Tomorrow is another Sunday, most Nigerian Christians would go to church. 95% worship their pastor and every word that proceeds from his mouth, 97% would be angry at my post. Let your bible be the standard of your Christian life.....

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by stankezzy: 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning,
I really do think he has a right to his own opinion but the question still remains:

1) In the year he mentioned was the church as affluent as it is today?

2) When he gave all his salary to God, how did he feed and if he was fed by the members is it not the same as collecting salary; afterall the salary comes from the members contributions?

3) If the University was not built with the money of his church members, where did the money come from. We know certainly that God did not come down from heaven to build the school.

4) Even if the school was built using money from God knows where, is this a justification for some of the members not to be able to afford the tuition?

Please, I am not trying to discredit him but since he has decided to speak up, it's about time I asked the questions too. There are more questions but they would be too controversial. Let's make do with the ones above.

Thank you!
u must be a very big fat fool.compare the tuition of his school and those of the school standerd in abroad &check d beter one,or do u wish him to use sand in paying of salery.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Proffruleoflaw: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Funny how many professed christians reason/think. They are so afraid to ask their "daddy" simple questions even about his teachings that when placed on the scale of the bible is faulty not to talk of asking him about his stupendious wealth. Jesus was questioned severally by those who accepted his teachings and those that did not. Not once did Jesus tell them "touch not my anointed". Till death the messiah prayed for his enemies who questioned him and eventually put him to death. Many people were convinced of Jesus' messiahship based on his answers to questions. Oyedepe should be questioned again and again until he convinces us that he is truthful.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elampiro(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
X-factoria:
BISHOP OYEDEPO IS A BLOODY LIAR!!!!

I attended a Winners' Chapel Church in Sagamu, Ogun State during the ASUU Strike of 2003 and SPECIAL OFFERINGS WERE RAISED EVERY WEEK FOR COVENANT UNIVERSITY. Some of my friends who were his church members also gave free services at the construction sites. That contribution has also been denied by his statement suggesting that the church had no input into the building of the University.

To some folks who said he made money selling books - Is any man of God supposed to make money preaching the gospel? Does he own the inspiration in those messages? Does he own the knowledge? Selling messages giving by the inspiration of God contravenes Jesus's examples. Jesus did not sell messages in whatever form. Putting messages in books and tapes and selling them is tantamount to selling the gospel except the sale of those items were done at cost price in which case no profit should be earned.Or if profits were earned at all, it should belong wholly to the church. It should never count for personal gain. We hear Pastors preach that people should use their gift freely to the service of God, yet they sell tapes and books which messages were freely inspired by the Holy spirit for personal gains.

Lastly, if Oyedepo even made wealth legitimately, shouldn't all of it or almost all of it go to charity? Matthew 6 vs 19-20 - "Lay up not for yourselves treasure upon the earth, where moth and dust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven...." By biblical standard and as Jesus taught us from the example of the rich guy who came to ask Jesus what to do to get to heaven, everything should be given to the poor. Secondly, Jesus also said in Matthew 6 vs 24, no one can serve two masters, you cannot serve God and mammon. You have to give up one to follow the other. He stated in Matthew 6 vs 21 - where your treasure is, there will your heart also be. You cannot have so many businesses under your management and still be professing the service of God. So Oyedepo is either a businessman or clergy and I think by his utterances, he is purely now a businessman.

Another reason to comment. So actually special offerings were made specifically for building the university. This is not the first time I have heard this. So what is really true considering that Oyedepo said he built it himself?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elampiro(m): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
kolemm: CONTROVERSIES:
The same person who said on air (OGBC) when interviewed about 10 years ago that " I have NEVER spent a penny of the church money for myself" Is now saying the last time church paid him salary was in 1987.
I want to submit that even the house Bishop Oyedepo lives was built with church money, I'm not against that, the bible supports it, but just to submit that he has at all times been a beneficiary of the members contributions.

Again, i was in the congregation at Faith Tabernacle on a faithful Sunday in 2005 when My Lord Bishop asked us to pledge towards the CU Library budgeted at N2B. Now i hear that he said that CU was built exclusive of members input.

Now people are coming forward with facts.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by taigee: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: Bishop Oyedepo last night again floored those accusing him of riping off church members through tithes and offering to live in affluence while cruising in private jets.

He said,"The last time Church paid my salary was December 1987, nobody heared it, not even the Ministers in the church until 1997 and church members didn't hear this until 2007".

Again he said "In January of 1988 my wife asked me of money for feeding and I told her I had give my salary to God, and that was the last time she ever had to ask for feeding til date"

He aagin queried whether anybody has ever been approached by him for any form of financial assistance? Again he shocked the people accusing him and church of using poor people's money to build universities that themselves can't afford to send their kid when he said;

"Covenant university was built within 7 months without any collection of any one naira tithes and offerings or donation of any kind from anywhere"

@OP, I'm afraid you are wrong on the above quoted, you just mis-quoted Bishop Oyedepo. What he said was that Landmark University was built in seven months without taking any special offering in church. He didn't say what you quoted. As for Covenant University I am aware that special offerings were called for during the construction and several church members volunteered their services willingly during the construction. The Schools and Universities are owned by the Ministry. Come on, these are laudable ventures (Legacies) that the world will forever benefit from. Oyedepo won't live forever, but this legacies will remain a long time after. They may even go public. Every great institution that stood the test of time started someway.
Bishop David Oyedepo's Contribution to his world cannot be pushed aside. Great men don't just think prosperity, they think posterity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah / My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.