Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (27900 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" / I Gave Oyedepo The Powers He Is Using- (rejoinder) / Bishop David Oyedepo The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1: The late Archbishop Benson Idahosa operated under the same 'anointing' and people could not fathom how He was able to build schools, hospital, plant churches. Many said it was church members money, yet the members themselves knew their contribution could not put up these schools and hospitals.Many said, oh His church members were so poor and yet He was building schools that only the rich can attend, yet the schools and hospital he built has helped shaped the life of millions, both rich and poor.

Those of us who have keyed into this "different" and divine way of living are already being accused even though we have not even started yet! Many of you really do not understand when the bible talked about 'US' that ALL of creation is earnestly awaiting our manifestation. This manifestation covers everything including stupendous wealth, divine healing, etc.

For you all that accuse MOGs and those of us who choose to live this life without guilt, I leave this with you Psalm 112 vs 1-6

"1 Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!
2 His descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in his house; and his righteousness endures for ever.
4 Light rises in the darkness for the upright; the LORD is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
5 It is well with the man who deals generously and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice.
6 For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered for ever
..."

Wow, wat a wonderful submission to those who think that christainty is tantamount to penury!!!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
garri4all:
Really??
You must be r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d for saying that.
That is the problem of an average Nigerian, well versed in opinionated ignorance. The guy said schools are exempted from tax which is true, but because you are rather empty, you could neither contradict him with what you know other than insults. Let me ask you again, do schools pay tax in Nigeria?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by garri4all: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: That is the problem of an average Nigerian, well versed in opinionated ignorance. The guy said schools are exempted from tax which is true, but because you are rather empty, you could neither contradict him with what you know other than insults. Let me ask you again, do schools pay tax in Nigeria?
yes they do.
owners of private school do pay tax, I know for sure.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
hansobuks: To all you pips on NL dat wont leave Bishop David Oyedepo alone, have you ever tot how possible it is for only one man to control such a multitude, mind you, inside this multitude, we have medical doctors, PHD holder, professors, chatered accountants, legal practitioners,engineers that are both locally and internationally certified, senior advocates on nigeria, people from virtually all discipline that are far more intelligent than you. Do you thinks these people dont know what they are doing? The answer is NO. they have definitely felt the arms of God through his Prophet Bishop David Oyedepo. As for you who started this tread, so you actuaali went to shiloh to find out facts you will hold the bishiop with? i pray God forgives you. God is indeed using his son. i am a proof of dat. i advice you use your time in doing something useful. other than looking for unimportant facts that wont lead you anywhere. Please nairalanders, i once castigated against the Bishop, buh i have actuali realised he is a true man of God. pls, dont listen to these pple, they will just succeed in riping you of your blessing.
U got it all wrong, I didn't go to Shiloh to hear how much he earns, God forbid. I actually started this thread to reply to many people who have been accusing Papa of swindling poor people. I am totally loyal to the teachings and principles expoused by papa. So am never accusing him and educating pple that he is not into church. As a source of income!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: U got it all wrong, I didn't go to Shiloh to hear how much he earns, God forbid. I actually started this thread to reply to many people who have been accusing Papa of swindling poor people. I am totally loyal to the teachings and principles expoused by papa. So am never accusing him and educating pple that he is not into church. As a source of income!
Nobody is condemning you man, by all means continue!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
muyiwah666: It is either this man is fake or he was showing off sometime in in May 1995,when he said at the Winners Chapel,Raji Oba by Iyana Ipaja....that he was earning 400k that period....he said that senior pastors earn 120k and junior pastors earn 100k....i was in the church that day..no be say somebody tell me !...i heard him clearly,it was a Tuesday evening service and i sat very close to d pulpit....his sermon that evening got me thinking about going to pastoral school because i was an applicant as at that time.....he said plainly that he is the one that sign the salaries of everybody that works for the church including the wife...

I never wanted to comment until I saw this.

Now what are we to believe of the bishop? This post said he boasted of his salary in 1995, and now the bishop said he stopped receiving salary in 1987 or so.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by DeGenius3(m): 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
he is entitled to his opinion.....

but i think he should be specific
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by truthislight: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
sergio-zlatan:
let's leave it to God. i hate blasphemy but let God judge them

this is one of such cheat that would rather eat fat from exploitation and wish to use "let God judge him" to cover it up.

Why did he not wait for God to command in the NT for collection of tith befor he get started?

Cheat

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Dejideta: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
When a driver is driving against traffic rules, the passengers have every right to complain and shout the driver back to his senses. If the passengers are so dumb to complain or if the passengers are so afraid of the driver, other road users have the right to complain in order to avoid accident.
There are laid down rules with respect to material acquisition and the love for the things of the world and material things as laid down by Jesus christ.
Oyedepo the driver of winners chapel, oritsejafor and the likes are just not playing by the rules.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
muyiwah666: It is either this man is fake or he was showing off sometime in in May 1995,when he said at the Winners Chapel,Raji Oba by Iyana Ipaja....that he was earning 400k that period....he said that senior pastors earn 120k and junior pastors earn 100k....i was in the church that day..no be say somebody tell me !...i heard him clearly,it was a Tuesday evening service and i sat very close to d pulpit....his sermon that evening got me thinking about going to pastoral school because i was an applicant as at that time.....he said plainly that he is the one that sign the salaries of everybody that works for the church including the wife...
This is a big fat lie. As in 1995, Papa was already a multi millionaire. How can he be earning 400k while his book " Hidden Covenant of Blessing" states somewhere that as far as 1995 he was paying monthly tithe of N1 million.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Izuric(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
odum desmond: Is Covenant University really expensive compared to quality of facilities and teaching going on there? Baze University , Abti American Uni Yola, etc charge excess of N1.5 million yet cannot compete with Covenant. Igbinedion University, Afe Babalola Uni etc charge way above btw 450-600k that Covenant charges, why are they not dishing similar quality as Covenant? See, University education is expensive, all Federal University students are subsidized annually by Fed Govt to the tune of about 300-400k in form grants and hundreds of millions of monthly subventions, they also get research grants, get ETF /TET fund interventions . Private unis get no dime, so how do they survive? Covenant is charging that low fee because according to Prof Obayan, the church stil gives it subvention for running. People shud stop complaining, how much does school fees even by local student in Ghana universities cost? What of Europe and America? Is Covenanat supposed to be because church has poor members? Well let them take opportunity of their brains and get scholarship, the school offers that too.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: This is a big fat lie. As in 1995, Papa was already a multi millionaire. How can he be earning 400k while his book " Hidden Covenant of Blessing" states somewhere that as far as 1995 he was paying monthly tithe of N1 million.
Because the only thing consistent about the man is his inconsistency.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Desdola(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
Whats he trying to justify. Then he can as well say he is not the owner of the church or even the university. Am not against anyone but the church members should not be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
garri4all:
yes they do.
owners of private school do pay tax, I know for sure.
Its not true! I can authoritatively tell you that our tax law exempts schools(educational institutions) societies, Unions, churches/mosques etc that are providing services without profit motives from paying tax. Schools are not establish as profit making venture but to render services to the society and charging of fees does not indicate profit motives. I will check Company Income Tax Act on monday and refer u to the section.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elampiro(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
What I know is that Jesus came to preach service, not material wealth. He came to preach salvation through service. If Jesus came to preach wealth, Apostle Paul and John the Baptist would have been the richest men ever considering the work they did for God.

Jesus came to perfect things, let's follow Him in humility.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Dejideta: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: Wow, wat a wonderful submission to those who think that christainty is tantamount to penury!!!

After the demise of Idahosa, there were scuffles as to who will sit on Idahosa's empire between the wife and the son all because of love for material things.
If you may ask yourself, where is Idahosa's empire today?
Oyedepo is only trying to draw a line between the church and the family property by what he said because of some ambitious pastors that might want to take over the property after he(oyedepo) is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Samxiulee: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
ehie: @sam xiu lee,ur mind sharp pass razor...lol...private jet..drugs....colombians...new angle of thought...nice one bro
lolz.....don't mind my wild imagination jare,but Seriously we need to start asking ourselves questions,not just the MOGs.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yeah bruv grin

Since 1987 you have been innovating new ways not to be paid by the church: BY OWNING THE CHURCH cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by eldoradoxx: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
rusher14:
Because the only thing consistent about the man is his inconsistency.
Its people who want to smear his image that create inconsistent stories about him and not him!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by elcatino: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,

Hmmm...leave it to God? Don't you think that sometimes God actually want's us to speak up and ask some questions?

Check the abolition of slave trade as an example. It happened because some persons decided to speak up and even give their lives for the cause.

I believe in speaking up constructively. If something is happening that we do not understand or we feel is wrong then I see no reason why we should ask questions or speak up in a bid to correcting it.
And who are u to ask those questions for God?
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
eldoradoxx: Its not true! I can authoritatively tell you that our tax law exempts schools(educational institutions) societies, Unions, churches/mosques etc that are providing services without profit motives from paying tax. Schools are not establish as profit making venture but to render services to the society and charging of fees does not indicate profit motives. I will check Company Income Tax Act on monday and refer u to the section.
Don't wait till Monday i think this link might help:

http://www.punchng.com/education/olusanya-seeks-tax-reduction-for-private-school-owners/
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by try69: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pls papa followers answer this questions

1. Does he pay his 10 percent and who manages it cos I think it would be huge?

2. how will the church run when he dies cos I know most of you follow the man and not the "church".

3. Is it ok for a MOG to acquire 4 private jets worth over $60 million dollars plus more money for upkeep when even warren buffet once the world's richest man dosen't have?

4. Will you accept his wife as the next bishop when he dies cos I believe that's what will happen judging from the idahosa experience..

5. Some of you say he does good in "hiding" and I ask; "do good deeds hide?"
Since this criticism started, I have not seen people coming to say they benefited from whatever charity organisation or job he embarked upon.

Please spare me the "touch not my anointed" thing cos when doctrines started emanating causing too many "christ following" sects, nobody said this to the "break-aways".

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by flexygift(m): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
God sent him and he is really doing his work ...so watch so that the wrath of the lord will not fall on You..once you are Gods' follower h'll lift you up
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by garri4all: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
rusher14:

http://www.punchng.com/education/olusanya-seeks-tax-reduction-for-private-school-owners/

ehn ehn you see, they are still thinking of reducing or waiving tax for schools.
shey you see say I know wetin I dey talk.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
The gift of a man maketh room for him not his salary. The earlier folks understand that the safer for them!
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by daryoor(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
my own question is: if jesus was born in this our time, would he buy a private jet and live luxirious in a country where a large percentage live less than two dolls a day. Jesus for bible fit don hammer if na watin he want, but he didnt own a single horse, the guy gas hustle donkey enter jerusalem sef.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Revolva(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
When oyedepo has given all his members wash wash -- format and he can bodly say church has not paid him salary since 1987 - I beg tell us the truth where your wealth dey come from - hisssss !!! Washing

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
And what's wrong with this man.
This oyedepo man need to be probed

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by odumdesmond: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
rusher14:

I don't knwo what forms the basis of the plea by Mr Olusanya, I also know that like the op said, ecclestiastcal institutions, Corporative societies, Educational institutions (not set up as business ventures) are exempted from tax. Perhaps FIRS had accessed the school and found out they were huge profit making ventures. If Covenant university was to tasked, the question will be , what profit does it make, because u only pay tax on profit made, if u didn't make profit, you are not bound to pay tax. An institution that is being run with subvention from the church cannot be made to pay tax.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by Dejideta: 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
garri4all:

ehn ehn you see, they are still thinking of reducing or waiving tax for schools.
shey you see say I know wetin I dey talk.

do not mind all these follow follow followers of Oyedepo who must ask their papa oyedepo for permission before they could use the toilet.
They can fabricate any lie just to defend their papa oyedepo.
Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by rusher14: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
odeotito: The gift of a man maketh room for him not his salary. The earlier folks understand that the safer for them!
Safe from what?
Would God smite me for discussing Oyedepo, a mere mortal who is capitalizing on the desperation of people to milk them of their hard-earned income?
The man is a good-for-nothing two-timing thief with no consistency to his tales.
There i said it.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 by EBERENASAM(m): 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
Bredreen, shine ur eyes ooo. Nt even helcupter, but jet. Hmmmmmm. God wil judge al man @ d last day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah / My Pastor Rejected Anniversary Money Because It's Too Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.