Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? (1261 Views)

All You Need To Know About Bladder Irritation / Natural Super Antibiotic That Destroys All Bladder And Kidney Infections / HELP My Bladder!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by zibe(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
This question came to my mind after the ordeal I passed through yesterday.

I closed early from work yesterday, and I felt like passing out urine, since I took a lot of water the whole day. As usual, I just dismissed the thought and started going home. It actually became an issue when I was inside the bus home and realised the urge to go ease myself was going strong. Yesterday's traffic was something else cos of th "Experience" show and the "Shiloh" people that were finding their way to their venues in the evening. Because of this I spent hours in traffic, and couldn't come down to ease myself.

By the time the bus stopped, I was literally sweating and I was actually starting to walk funny. It was obvious to any inquisitive eye that something was wrong down there. I started looking for an available place to pass out urine before I get home but I couldn't just stand on the road to pee. I really thought my bladder was gonna burst, even my s.ex organ was feeling heavy. I finally got home and the best feeling in the world was when I actually did the thing. So euphoric. Lol.

Anyway, I just want to ask the medical people in the house if someone can have complications or something from a filled-up bladder.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Obinnau(m): 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
yea complications can arise from that. The bladder could likely burst open if too much pressure is exerted on it. Lol @ your story
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by dominique(f): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
You guys are lucky, at least you ca do your bizneez in any street corner. How many women do you see squating by a roadside? If its like that bladders can easily get damaged, we would been hearing several of such cases by now.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by zibe(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2012
dominique: You guys are lucky, at least you ca do your bizneez in any street corner. How many women do you see squating by a roadside? If its like that bladders can easily get damaged, we would been hearing several of such cases by now.

Lol. True though.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2012
Yes,its possible to have complications or even die from such acute retention of urine. Over Prolongation of urine can trigger acute retention especially in the older people.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by zibe(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2012
centje: Yes,its possible to have complications or even die from such acute retention of urine. Over Prolongation of urine can trigger acute retention especially in the older people.

Now that's an insight. Thanks for the input
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2012
zibe:

Now that's an insight. Thanks for the input
you're welcome.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by dominique(f): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2012
centje: Yes,its possible to have complications or even die from such acute retention of urine. Over Prolongation of urine can trigger acute retention especially in the older people.

could incontinence in some elderly people also be the as a result of urine retention? I've noticed it affects more women than men and as you know, we tend to hold it in more than men.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 10, 2012
dominique:

could incontinence in some elderly people also be the as a result of urine retention? I've noticed it affects more women than men and as you know, we tend to hold it in more than men.
incontinence means someone can't hold urine. There are types of incontinence,one of which is over flow incontinence. This type of incontinence can result from chronic retention of urine. Its commoner in men than in women,and in the elderly than younger ones.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 11, 2012
I would be worried about vesicoureteral reflux more than anything. Once your bladder has reached capacity it will start to spasm and leak on its own.
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Can Complications Arise From A Filled-up Bladder? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Female Genital Mutilation (circumcision) / The Power Of Urine Therapy / Real Picture Of The Man Whose Nose Was Placed At His Forehead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.