Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? (14387 Views)

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Too Many Churches, Too Many Fake Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by AtheistD(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
oraclefemi: first before Jesus left the earth, he told us to expect this to happen , let them milk the gullible ones...judgement day will be a shocker

Do you pay your tithes?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2012
trae_z: So I like to end my arguments "No wonder India exports cars while Nigeria exports religion". But on the real:

"Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria"

With 10 churches on every street in Naija and just 1 in the US/UK you'd think we would sleep with our doors wide open instead of building high walls and fixing iron gates. Abi are we too far off from heaven than the US/UK that we have to ho
ld loud noisy lengthy prayer sessions so heaven can hear our cries? More still as a religious people we should be content and love our own yet queue day and night at the American and UK Embassies; jumping with joy when our Visas are approved. Abeg i no go school make una help me answer.
i agree 10,000&

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by AtheistD(m): 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2012
cold: Christianity is in the main 'the religion of business'. It's a multi-billion naira industry & everyone wants to tap into it. There's nothing as profitable as being a God's banker

It is a trillion naira industry. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by fankasibe: 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
PASTOR: deep ur hands into ur pocket and remove any money in it then u say after me 'Lord Jesus i dedicate this to u coz i knw U wil provide me double of it dis week, thank u sweet Jesus.
@OP as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
fankasibe: PASTOR: deep ur hands into ur pocket and remove any money in it then u say after me 'Lord Jesus i dedicate this to u coz i knw U wil provide me double of it dis week, thank u sweet Jesus.
@OP as simple as that.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin come o are you a pastor? if you are not i think you should consider opening your church you have the qualities, this is how easy it is to con vunerable, poor gullible nigerians,fake pastors making easy and untaxed money

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by PEREWARII(m): 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Cuz mst of 'em in2 Duppin People's Money!!! Thatz it!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by TableLeg(m): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Isn't it obvious ... It is all about the money nowadays
The more churches you have, the more income you generate to floss and lavish around .... The money factor has now taken priority over spreading the word of God and affecting the lives of people positively!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by skyfall: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
Church business is good business. Everybody wants a private jet.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by skyfall: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
trae_z: So I like to end my arguments "No wonder India exports cars while Nigeria exports religion". But on the real:

"Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria"

With 10 churches on every street in Naija and just 1 in the US/UK you'd think we would sleep with our doors wide open instead of building high walls and fixing iron gates. Abi are we too far off from heaven than the US/UK that we have to ho
ld loud noisy lengthy prayer sessions so heaven can hear our cries? More still as a religious people we should be content and love our own yet queue day and night at the American and UK Embassies; jumping with joy when our Visas are approved. Abeg i no go school make una help me answer.

I see a lot of sensible responses here. In fact if you want to know smart Nairalanders, come to the RELIGION section. They pull no punches at all.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by stanley095(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
kay29000: The reason why they are so many churches in Nigeria is cos there r so many ignorant people in the country...that's the simple explanation. Even atheist nations prosper more than Nigeria that has a church on every street...there was a time they were two churches on my street.
urs is beta two diferent church wit diferent names shares one fence on my forma area til date
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by 2HASUM(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
It was recently opined that the reason for the several springing up of churches and the increase in their members or goers is in direct proportion to the increase in number of devil's agent since The Church is the last place to search for them, hence churches have become comfortable abode for fraudsters, treasury looters, pension fund criminals, ritualists, kidnap kingpins, hired killers, political jobbers, bank executives that have stolen from the depositors and share holders, runs babes prostitutes, the list is endless.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by kemika: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
I think d real ppl of GOD sud do smthing to redeem d church image in dis counry. I think d church lost its focus by interpreting scriptural prosperity as materialism. By dis, ambitious ppl,419,ppl dat do not av wot it takes to compete in d secular world and ppl looking for quick money are atracted to church.soon they become the so called MOG.so wot do u expect? they produced their own kind who can not wait to beat their ogas to it. Church is now SME dat can become a conglomerate within a short time. Av u ppl seen vacancy for usher,chorister, instrumentalist,teacher and pastor for church in d news paper b4? But i know soon this business centres will close down!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Moscino: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
kemika: I think d real ppl of GOD sud do smthing to redeem d church image in dis counry. I think d church lost its focus by interpreting scriptural prosperity as materialism. By dis, ambitious ppl,419,ppl dat do not av wot it takes to compete in d secular world and ppl looking for quick money are atracted to church.soon they become the so called MOG.so wot do u expect? they produced their own kind who can not wait to beat their ogas to it. Church is now SME dat can become a conglomerate within a short time. Av u ppl seen vacancy for usher,chorister, instrumentalist,teacher and pastor for church in d news paper b4? But i know soon this business centres will close down!

You all should know the truth. Those following fake pastors do so willingly. So stop complaining. The Bible is written in a plain language. Then, do you pple want idol houses to spring up? Leave the churches alone, I beg.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by mensdept: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
Well Nigerians dont like to hear the truth, neither do they seriously examen themselves, unlike Asians and Europeans.

Have we come to the reality that the name of our country is Ni.gga Area, and that a white woman over 100 years ago coined the name. Yet we the socalled giant of Africa proudly call ourselves her name.

Now fast forward to churches and you'll see its only Nigerians that when you tell the truth about unqualified self-acclaimed "pastors", they'll say he's a "Man of God"

How?

And those bedsheet tying Fulani who wish they were born Arab, their region looks like Darfour, meanwhile Arabs are turning places like Dubai and Jeddah into heaven on earth lol.

Fools

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by yhemini: 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
greatgod2012: Pride......many pple dont want to be under d authority of one G.O, hence setting up their own church in order not to be under anybody.

U r so right about this!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by kabba7(m): 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
yhemini: The way churches spring up like new born babies everyday in this country is something to consider. I Have always wondered why we have so many Churches in Nigeria. Is it that our sin is too much or is it because there's so much money and that some people now see it as a "Money Making Venture."? I would like to know what your opinion i s on this issue.

payment of thithes is the reason. 4 Those churches no doubt
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by solomonorigbo: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
Miracles:so many People today believe in miracles rather than truth about word of God. Money:many people in our generation today believe that church is a money making adventure so there do all manner of things in order to draw crowd and begin to extort from them .today we have so many men of God with big big titles,many of them are decievers ,infact many don't even have the calling and the mantle in them.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by femeluaka(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
Joblessness!!!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by wolebaba(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2012
control_seven:
I dnt really thk so....cuz d colonial masters are now embracing atheism!

Maybe they need to re-colonise us then.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ikachi1: 8:06am On Dec 10, 2012
I wan open my own church jare! Who no like private jet?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ORIGINALMAN: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2012
This SO MANY CHURCHES,I tell you is not only in Nigeria. The matter is ALL OVER THE WEST COAST or Western Africa, like Ghana, Sera Leon Gambia,Togo specially hit is the English speaking West African countries.So please include these countries in our Forum. cool
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by SELFWORTH: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2012
Money making venture.

All prosperity driven doctrine instead of righteousness. This fits perfectly into the gullible (greed driven) society like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by SELFWORTH: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2012
Whobedatte: Because Religion thrives on the Gullibility & Ignorance of the people. The more we start to develop as a nation intellectually, scientifically etc Religion dies a natural death. China, Norway, Sweden , Denmark etc are atheist nations and are faring well economically.....my opinion!

We don't want to be an atheist nation. Thank God that never happen in Nigeria. Imagine if Nigeria does not believe in God. It will be worse than this.

Nigeria's problems have very little to do with religion but plenty to do with wicked and greedy leaders who have no vision except personal agendas .

Of course, as God said.. A nation without a vision will perish.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by sucezTP(f): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2012
greatgod2012: Pride......many pple dont want to be under d authority of one G.O, hence setting up their own church in order not to be under anybody.

Exactly!
Too many churches, these days, is not all about money making..
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by AtheistD(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2012
SELFWORTH:

We don't want to be an atheist nation. Thank God that never happen in Nigeria. Imagine if Nigeria does not believe in God. It will be worse than this.

Nigeria's problems have very little to do with religion but plenty to do with wicked and greedy leaders who have no vision except personal agendas .

Of course, as God said.. A nation without a vision will perish.

Really? Boko Haram has nothing to do with religion? Tithe robbig and prophetic scamming has nothing to do with religion? Open your eyes. They have everything to do with religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by paix(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2012
politics and churches are the only viable (money making) ventures now in Nigeria that can guarantee food on your table.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by UjSizzle(f): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
Various reasons;
1. For some it's a spiritual calling to start a ministry and the innate desire to spread the good news.

2. Financial reasons. Churches have suddenly become one of the fastest ways to make some money.

3. Celebrity status. I hope am not the only one who's noticed that some supposed pastors are actually just motivational speakers.

4. Signs of end time. Self explanatory i believe. False prophets, false teachings, people clinging to things they want to hear and deliberately ignoring the truth.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 16, 2012
control_seven:
I dnt really thk so....cuz d colonial masters are now embracing atheism!

and black people are following their masters to the "there is no God" side, by the numbers!!

so again, [size=28pt]COLONIALISM!![/size] tongue

they gave you christianity and now they are giving you biased science...another religion.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Saluman(m): 2:51am On Dec 16, 2012
*Kails*:

and black people are following their masters to the "there is no God" side, by the numbers!!

they gave you christianity and now they are giving you biased science...another religion.

Is atheism a white thing? person
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Saluman(m): 2:52am On Dec 16, 2012
*Kails*:

Is atheism a white thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.