Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God (14382 Views)

Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Doctrine of trinity (one Christian God) revealed / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2017
Many Christians like to point to verses in the Quran that demeans women as evidence that the religion of Islam is backward. Turns out this is hypocrisy on the part of Christians as many verses in the bible totally debase and degrade women. The irony of all these is that women are still the majority in churches...

Daughters can be bought and sold:

If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. Exodus 21:7

A raped daughter can be sold to her rapist:

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. Deuteronomy 22:28-29

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2017
Cc hahn hopefulLandlord Eyehategod Seun MrMontella JackBizzle dalaman
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2017
Is it not funny that anytime these nairaland keyboard atheists want to criticize Christians, they never find anything to bring from what Jesus Christ taught people to do?

Mscheww...
SMH

4 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2017
A woman is twice as unclean after giving birth to girl as to a boy:
A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. ‘ 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding. 6 ” ‘When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering. Leviticus 12: 1-8

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:
Is it not funny that anytime these nairaland keyboard atheists want to criticize Christians, they never find anything to bring from what Jesus Christ taught people to do?

Mscheww...
SMH

Women should be seen not heard:
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 1 Corinthians 14:34
U were saying??

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 1 Corinthians 14:34
U were saying??

Church is not a Parliament.

Next

4 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Mscheww...
SMH
Is Jesus not God?? That means he was the one that also said a raped woman should be sold to her rapist. Or was it not the same god u serve?? God doesn't change right?? wink

6 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Sleekydee(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:
Many Christians like to point to verses in the Quran that demeans women as evidence that the religion of Islam is backward. Turns out this is hypocrisy on the part of Christians as many verses in the bible totally debase and degrade women. The irony of all these is that women are still the majority in churches...

Daughters can be bought and sold:

If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. Exodus 21:7

A raped daughter can be sold to her rapist:

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. Deuteronomy 22:28-29

it amazes me how pple don't seem to understand the monumental difference BTW Law and Grace.

in the old testament everything there was done by Law, it not exactly God's will, but a "Permissive will of God"(its not the original plan).

The original plan was flawed wen Adam fell, but den its all part of God's plan.

God in his infinite mercy had to re-establish a more perfect plan, giving up His Son, for the remission of sins, old things and ways pass away.

ofcus God doesn't change, but its the message of Grace that's been spread.

show me one place in the new testament you find such rules

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

Is Jesus not God?? That means he was the one that also said a raped woman should be sold to her rapist. Or was it not the same god u serve?? God doesn't change right?? wink

Do u believe Jesus is God?

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Church is not a Parliament.

Next
My god, what a response cheesy ... U could have taken more time to think of a more sensible response...
So church is not a parliament, therefore women are not allowed to speak only men??
Richirich 713 KingEbukasblog do u agree with this idea

5 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sleekydee:

it amazes me how pple don't seem to understand the monumental difference BTW Law and Grace.

in the old testament everything there was done by Law, it not exactly God's will, but a "Permissive will of God"(its not the original plan).

The original plan was flawed wen Adam fell, but den its all part of God's plan.

God in his infinite mercy had to re-establish a more perfect plan, giving up His Son, for the remission of sins, old things and ways pass away.

ofcus God doesn't change, but its the message of Grace that's been spread.

show me one place in the new testament you find such rules
So god condones rape under the law, and it's okay right? No wonder Muslims call the Christian god a rapist cool

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Mscheww...
SMH

Is Jesus not God again according to the bible ? It's funny how ou guys rush to the OT to point to most of the moral.teachings of the bible but get angry when shown immoral teachings from the same OT.

You'll happily point to the 10 commandments but when shown sexism in the same OT you'll start blabbing on Jesus and what he said or did not say.

6 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

My god, what a response cheesy ... U could have taken more time to think of a more sensible response...
So church is not a parliament, therefore women are not allowed to speak only men??
Richirich 713 KingEbukasblog do u agree with this idea

I keep telling u.
If u dont read the whole bible, dont ask questions
It makes u look like a fool.

In the era of Paul, even Philip had 3 daughters who prophesied in the church.
Aquinas and Priscilla were active in church...
There were many women who worked in early church
Timothy's mother and grandmother worked in church etc

If u keep quoting Paul's letters out of context or any other part of the bible,

You will keep looking like a fool...
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
dalaman:

Is Jesus not God again according to the bible ? It's funny how ou guys rush to the OT to point to most of the moral.teachings of the bible but get angry when shown immoral teachings from the same OT.

You'll happily point to the 10 commandments but when shown sexism in the same OT you'll start blabbing on Jesus and what he said or did not say.

2 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
mrmrmister OLAADEGBU
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

I keep telling u.

If u keep quoting Paul's letters out of context or any other part of the bible

What is the context of Paul's letter?
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

I said according to the story. I was just repeating what the story stated.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

I keep telling u.

If u keep quoting Paul's letters out of context or any other part of the bible,

Yh, context... grin Were any of the women u mentioned church leaders?? And please show me how I quoted Paul out of context..
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

Yh, context... grin Were any of the women u mentioned church leaders?? And please show me how I quoted Paul out of context..

Oh so "leadership" is now ur destination?
As usual.
The car is about to shift argument gear...

Shalom
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
dalaman:

What is the context of Paul's letter?

First go and read it entirely.

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Of course not... Am just repeating the claims of the bible that u believe ....
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

Of course not... Am just repeating the claims of the bible that u believe ....

So, dont ask questions that are based on a premise u dont believe...

2 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Sleekydee(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

So god condones rape under the law, and it's okay right? No wonder Muslims call the Christian god a rapist cool

how is that a problem? God says a woman shouldn't preach in church, that's not a bad instruction, after all it is He(God) u want to talk abt, if he says don't, if u love Him genuinely, you must obey. besides it doesn't stop dere, if she has a suggestion or question, she Shud ask her husband or pastor (if she never marry)

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Oh so "leadership" is now ur destination?
As usual.
The car is about to shift argument gear...

Shalom
U never cease to disappoint. Immediately u are cornered or outwitted, u start saying shalom, cheers. In other words, "I can't handle this argument, I want to cower out.".
Don't worry, u can go. I believe DoctorAlien and others will do a better job... When it's time to troll, I will mention u wink

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sleekydee:

how is that a problem? God says a woman shouldn't preach in church, that's not a bad instruction, after all it is He(God) u want to talk abt, if he says don't, if u love Him genuinely, you must obey.
So, what's wrong with women or the female gender that they don't deserve to preach in church? Are they inferior to men or are they less holy?

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

U never cease to disappoint. Immediately u are cornered or outwitted, u start saying shalom, cheers. In other words, "I can't handle this argument, I want to cower out.".
Don't worry, u can go. I believe DoctorAlien and others will do a better job... When it's time to troll, I will mention u wink

Hehehehe.....
"Outwitted" indeed.
I laugh in Swahili....
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

First go and read it entirely.

I want you to tell me.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

So, dont ask questions that are based on a premise u dont believe...
I'm sorry but that's a very 5tupid rule... I want to criticize your beliefs, is it my own beliefs I will use as premise??..
. I already told u, u can go, if u had left, u wouldn't have made this kind of pathetic comment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by MrMontella(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
felixomor:

Mscheww...
SMH
that jobless lunatic grin grin grin
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by DoctorAlien(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:
I thought you people swore never to discuss with Christians again?
Just mention only your cohorts and rejoice on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jonbellion Sonoflucifer Deicide Hardmirror Hcpaul
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by MrMontella(m): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
randomperson:

i just they look am they laff...
Its the same trinitarians that'd say jesus was yahweh of the old testament

confused beings grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos : Lagos Begins Airlift Of Pilgrims / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.