Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo (1944 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / The Mistake Tinubu Made In The APC Marriage – Adebanjo - From Vanguard / Why Afenifere Adopted Jonathan – Pa Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2012
hmmmmm. I pity this thread cause i see some peeps are already getting an erection as they normally do when ever they see "IGBO" mentioned anywhere.. Ndoh Nu
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Demdem(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2012
Rossikk:

A DAMNING INDICTMENT.

It's something I've always wondered about. Igbos keep harping on about how they were massacred but till today the Igbo man loves the northerner to bits. Ojukwu came back from exile and the first thing he did was join NPN, the biggest northern party of the time. Next thing you know he was pallying with Babangida and co.

Probably his now known daughter born to him from an hajia in the north influenced his decision. undecided
No doubt the late ojukwu loves the north. I wonder why his followers who claimed he is their hero loath them.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2012
Demdem:

Probably his now known daughter born to him from an hajia in the north influenced his decision. undecided
No doubt the late ojukwu loves the north. I wonder why his followers who claimed he is their hero loath them.
Ojukwu is my Hero but i don't hate any part of Nigeria. What's it with the generalizations?

Btw, i doubt if his daughter actually influenced anything. Ojukwu lived most of his life in the North and he has an affinity for the North.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Demdem(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Ojukwu is my Hero but i don't hate any part of Nigeria. What's it with the generalizations?

Btw, i doubt if his daughter actually influenced anything. Ojukwu lived most of his life in the North and he has an affinity for the North.

Then u are an exception then. It's a known fact that many igbos don't like the north.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2012
Demdem:

Then u are an exception then. It's a known fact that many igbos don't like the north.
It's a known fact by who? Was a census carried out?
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
It's a known fact by who? Was a census carried out?

It's a known fact that u and other igbos believe they are being maginalised in present day Nigeria.
How do u and others know? Was any census carried out?
Abegi don't ask me rubbish question.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2012
Demdem:

It's a known fact that u and other igbos believe they are being maginalised in present day Nigeria.
How do u and others know? Was any census carried out?
Abegi don't ask me rubbish question.
Everybody even the North believes that they're been marginalized. But to say every Ojukwu follower hates the North is an unintelligent statement to make.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by EzePromoe: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Make ALMIGHTY GOD punish unemployment for us o.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by EzePromoe: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2012
The one that is reigning now is that any Yoruba man who wants to become popular will talk about Igbos and his brothers here on NL who are MODS will promote him by sending his topic to the frontpage.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by EzePromoe: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2012
geez*:
These Igbo people will never cease to amaze me. Despite Yorubas being most accommodating of them, they have continued to resent us and bow many times over to the north that killed and is still killing you people. We returned all your properties to you intact plus all the rent that accrued after your dumb war and this is how you pay us back? Just note that should we go our separate ways, we won't guarantee that anything you can claim you own now in the west will be returned to you. Mark my words!

Do you forget things that easily that you couldn't remember how the Igbos wanted to capture Lagos, the Yorubas saw it coming and they sent SOS to the north to help stop them at Ore. Yorubas had no choice because withholding the properties means putting themselves into hot frying pan of trouble. They did it for their safety.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by aribisala0(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2012
Rossikk:

A DAMNING INDICTMENT.

It's something I've always wondered about. Igbos keep harping on about how they were massacred but till today the Igbo man loves the northerner to bits. Ojukwu came back from exile and the first thing he did was join NPN, the biggest northern party of the time. Next thing you know he was pallying with Babangida and co.
NPN was not a Northern Party. Its chairman was Yoruba. There were other prominent Yoruba in the Party like Akinjide. The party controlled Rivers and Cross Rivers state when Ojukwu joined and so was the only truly National party. Not teaming up with Awo was Natural for Azikiwe as there was much mistrust and rivalry between him and Awo and between them they only controlled 8 of 19 states while NPN had 7 but a greater control in the National Assembly.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by aribisala0(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2012
Eze Promoe:

Do you forget things that easily that you couldn't remember how the Igbos wanted to capture Lagos, the Yorubas saw it coming and they sent SOS to the north to help stop them at Ore. Yorubas had no choice because withholding the properties means putting themselves into hot frying pan of trouble. They did it for their safety.
What trouble has happened to the tiny Ikwerres who held their properties even till this day??
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by EzePromoe: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2012
aribisala0:
What trouble has happened to the tiny Ikwerres who held their properties even till this day??

You never cease to amaze me. Who are Ikwerres by the way? Yorubas? Hausas? Ijaws? Benins? Seriously you need to throw more light on this. We should go and attack our kith and kins? If there was even anyone to attack it will be the Ijaws, they were the one who took over the abandoned properties and stoled Bonny and Opobo from us but they are no longer in Port Harcourt and all that is past. Igbos are now running the modern P/H. No long thing.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by cjrane: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2012
I didn't want to waste my time on an ediot with senile dementia.I can only ask adebanjo to;

1. provide citation where Biafra was being fed by Nigeria before Awolowo decided to stop it.
2. Provide proof that soldiers were in the refugee camps cornering the food being shared by the red cross,churches and other NGOs for the civilians.

The man is a typical Yoruba that believes in lies. Is it not a shame that Biafran army suffered less than 1% of the casualties of the war,while the women and babies who did not know who Gowon,Awolowo or Ojukwu were suffered almost 100% casualties of that war? Why must you rather bomb a refugee camp than bomb Biafran army headquarters or military units in their bases? The atrocities of that genocidal war against innocent babies will continue to haunt Nigeria until its inevitable demise. Unless vultures like adebanjo will shut up and listen to men of justice like Prof. Wole Soyinka to first acknowledge that what Igbos have cried about was true and then we can heal as a nation.

All these strategies of trying to cover the truth by bringing one corrupt animal after another is just a waste of time. Why have they not interviewed Obasanjo or benjamin adekunle self acclaimed Igbo haters to tell them something good they want to hear? Yeye people.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by debetmx(m): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
What would Ojukwu or Achebe have done if he was in Awolowo's shoes? Ojukwu himself had utmost respect for Awolowo and in his lifetime and always had nice words for Awolowo. The civil war was a sad part of our history and I think Ibos should just move ahead however painful it is. Need I remind people that the civil war was a consequence of actions and inactions of various ibo personalties
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Olaolufred(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
bittyend: The man spoke in the context(Achebe's jejune story book) in which the question was asked, yet the primitive people have started questioning the rational behind his response.

Tell Achebe to keep Yoruba out of his mouth and the man wouldn't even care if Ibos exist or not.

White men said," If you want to hide anything from a black man,put it on the pages of book"

Please, pardon them bittyend.
They don't read anything.
Everything they see is too long for them toread and comprehend.
As a matter of truth, They only respond based on Title.
They are not even aware till now that there was a question before the answer.
That is how poor most nigerians are in the act of even listening to their neighbour.
Majority are poor listeners while very few do listen.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Demdem(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Everybody even the North believes that they're been marginalized. But to say every Ojukwu follower hates the North is an unintelligent statement to make.

And how do u know that? Have u liase with all ethnic group b4 u come to such conclusion? U too give me ur investigative report tongue

For u to speak on behalf of other ojukwu followers to me makes zero sense. Speak for ursef and let others be. We all are entitled to opinions we deem fit.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by ba7man(m): 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Eze Promoe:

Naaah, you wrong. Yorubas drove d Igbo troops from Yoruba land. We avoid confrontations but if u bring it, we run ur arses out.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by Dede1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
Rossikk:

A DAMNING INDICTMENT.

To address you as a fool is an insult to dullards. My grandfather told me to forgive the person whom I had tough fight but the person who stood on the sideline while instructing my opponent to have stronghold on me through the loopholes. I guess fools tend to cherish the same delight. It explains the reason why anybody would regard NPN as a regional political party.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Enemies-adebanjo by ezeagu(m): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
Dede1:

To address you as a fool is an insult to dullards. My grandfather told me to forgive the person whom I had tough fight but the person who stood on the sideline while instructing my opponent to have stronghold on me through the loopholes. I guess fools tend to cherish the same delight. It explains the reason why anybody would regard NPN as a regional political party.

Biko, Dede1 allow him. He's just trying to be "Pan-African", the same "Pan-African" thought that couldn't save the Tutsi, the Nuba, the Berom, Eastern Congo, and so on. . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join The Protest Against Tinubu's Oshiomhonle / APC Governors Oppose Autonomy For Nigeria’s Local Governments / Corruption In Federal University, Oye-ekiti (fuoye)..a Cry Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.