Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency (8032 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by banku: 1:24am On Dec 10, 2012
OBASANJO CAN CROWN OR DENY PRESIDENCY

Watch out, nobody has endorsed or deny more presidencies than Obasanjo in the history of Nigeria. All you have to think about are those he crowned like Ebele, Shagari, Yar'Adua and the one he had supported as Deputy: Murtala Mohammed. On the other hand are those he denied presidency like Awolowo, Abiola, Falae, Babangida, Ekwueme, Atiku and Buhari. Apart from himself, it was only Yoruba he could not crown.

Going forward, Obasanjo can make or deny any Nigerian the presidency as long as that person is not a Yoruba. He built his reputation as a non-tribalized Nigerian that can stand up to his own people and other Nigerians love him each time for it. After hatched job, they praised him to high heavens. People build reputation differently and Obasanjo established his against his people that never voted for him. Love or hate him.

Recently, the Ijaw chieftaincies have made it clear that with or without Obasanjo, Ebele is untouchable. They need to think again. Most of them forgot that they came to power was not by votes in their population but by kidnapping their babies, old folks including an attempt on Ebele, intimidation, threat against their people and contribution of environmental disaster to their own region. The malaise has infected the whole Country. They gained sympathy for their just cause from most Nigerians and around the world.

This was how they got Obasanjo's backing, compare to others' patronizing lip service. In terms of population they are far behind other ethnic groups that have not tasted power in Nigeria but their region contributes most of the income earned from oil resources. It is also unfair that oil resources were the only one hijacked by the Federal Government when groundnuts pyramids, cocoa, and coal from others were not. Fair is fair.

The other side of the coin is that those hard working, educated Niger Deltans with perseverance in the South-south lost out on power that unfortunately fell into the hands of thugs, militants and vagabonds that are now admired as successful millionaires and billionaires. The real pioneer of freedom fighters in the Niger Delta have been blown aside and replaced by those that cannot even spell their names.

Sure, Niger Delta is a strong constituency but those well informed men of Niger Delta have been marginalized. Young men and women that went to school and played by the rules watch as school dropouts become “heroes”. Some people said President Ebele is confused, others said he has no clue and he is going out of his way to make more enemies for himself while making friends with those that want him to fail.

Consequences of that misfortune are the drunken-sailors that have forgotten their misery and spend money like no man's business. Nigerians are asking if anything has changed since Ebele a well educated man with PhD, took over. There was so much hope and goodwill to pacify and compensate Niger Delta. Nigeria has not gotten any better, many claimed that it has gotten worse. Boko Haram wants to be compensated too.

President Ebele can fight Obasanjo, his Adimu cousin, all he wants but not on security and safety, the most potent ammunition his distractors hold against him. His backers claimed Babangida made OBJ President and he told crowners they should consider all their investment on him lost. But they must realize Babangida had nothing on OBJ and actually saved IBB's life after Murtala was assassinated. Babangida allowed Dimka to escape as he was a suspected member of the coup. Danjuma wanted him fired, fired!

If this is the record President Ebele wants to take into election in 2015, his advisers and chieftaincies must be on cloud nine. Sometimes we all get overconfident based on substantive record we can demonstrate to the people. President Ebele has little to show and has reinvigorated some old hands looking forward to the presidency. Unless we get a dramatic change, Ebele will get the least votes if he contests for the next election.

Of course his difficulties have been blamed on Obasanjo that endorsed him as presidential material just as that of Yar'Adua and Shagari before him was put on OBJ. But those that criticize him more than OBJ do everything to make sure he does not succeed. They have put every obstacle before him and even ready to burn the Country down and blame him. The more they despise him, the more he tries to appease those.

And who does Ebele go after? Obasanjo, that criticized every president. There is a subtle message here that most people do not grasp. Odi and Zaki Biam were the low points in Obasanjo presidency because of violation of human rights by soldiers. But OBJ and his cohorts defended an action that had to be done to prevent Nigeria from turning to the mess we have today with Boko Haram. When OBJ gave shoot on sight order against OPC in Lagos, other Nigerians supported him. Which Lagosain did not look like OPC in Lagos?

In other words, President Ebele has put focus on himself for his inability to deal with Boko Haram and the perpetrators of Boko Haram enjoy his fight with Obasanjo on Odi. Also note that of all the heads of state, only Obasanjo dared into the lion's den of Boko Haram to try and negotiate peace. One of his negotiators paid with his life. So when Gowon took side with Ebele, he was ridiculed. One of former heads of state that did nothing about Boko Haram than criticizing the one that ventured into the lion's den.

We must not forget that the only head of state that stood up to corruption with EFCC at its zenith was OBJ though his bankrupt ass stole too to compensate for past opportunity he missed. He was also the only one that fired all the “militricians” from the Army and got away with it. Somehow, he survived Abacha. As he did for Ebele, he had the guts to appoint those that have been neglected since the Civil War to powerful positions.

We need not compare agbalumo with oranges. The only people that Obasanjo cannot help are his people. He can crown and deny others. OBJ dey laugh O! Atiku dey laugh.

Source: Farouk Martins Aresa

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/103028/1/obasanjo-can-crown-or-deny-presidency.html

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Abagworo(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2012
Obasanjo is also our most internationally influential President ever.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by MajeOfficial: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2012
I think things have changed. Too much time has past and too many others have looted a stockpile or wealth strong enough to challenge him. I dont think he hold the power he used to and that's why PDP is falling apart. Too many Generals rising.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by kunlekunle: 7:46am On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=]I think things have changed. Too much time has past and too many others have looted a stockpile or wealth strong enough to challenge him. I dont think he hold the power he used to and that's why PDP is falling apart. Too many Generals rising. [/quote]

He paved the way for them.
Dont forget that was how the roman empire collapsed.
How the old oyo empire collapsed, too much discussions, dialogues and convincing the unconvinceables, at the end you are seen as weak.

No try IBB
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by MajeOfficial: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2012
I think the same is happening in PDP. Once Jonathan came into power, who doesn't have a dictatorial nature, suddenly the party lost focus.
Everyone became his own leader because only a few saw GEJ as a leader. PDP is run by ex military seniors and their supporters from the past generation
none of them out of rank, age, wealth, and status are going to take orders from a newcomer like GEJ and GEJ knew this, that's why he hasn't moved to be more of an authority in his party.
So all of these individual heads focused on building their private political armies and most of them disagree bitterly to the point where i believe there will be no PDP after 2015 or it will be a shell of what it used to be.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by ypzilanti: 9:29am On Dec 10, 2012
ELECTION RIGGER. FATHER OF DO OR DIE POLITICS. MAURICE IWU PARTNER IN DENYING NIGERIANS OF FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2012
I think too much power is ascribed to Obasanjo that he actually wields. He doesn't have the kind of power that people talk about. Jonathan will run and win with or without OBJ.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Techwriter: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2012
The lesson in this story is that the less tribalistic you are the more lives you influence, and the more allegiance you get. other things there are mere yarns

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by honeric01(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva: I think too much power is ascribed to Obasanjo that he actually wields. He doesn't have the kind of power that people talk about. Jonathan will run and win with or without OBJ.

You will swallow your words and i pray it happens because GEJ coming back by 2015 is a total disaster to this country!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by edogirl2: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2012
The idea that one man can enthrone and dethrone at will in a complex political machinery as we have in Nigeria is an exaggeration.

However, it is also infantile to suggest that Jonathan is unbeatable come 2015. I think he miscalculated in getting into a public squabble with Obj. He has come out of it looking even weaker.

As per 2015, his problems will come in the primaries. To have Obasanjo, Babangida, and a lot of the Northern governors lined up against you is a big headache. Governors in particular have a lot of influence on how their state representatives vote at the primaries, and believe it or not, Obasanjo has a large number of the Northern governors in his pocket.

Money also plays a big role in primaries. The PDP 'rebels' of Obj, Babangida,some Northern Governors etc might just be able to throw as much dirty money at the primary voters as Jonathan would. I suspect it would be nothing like the Atiku 'lone ranger' debacle of last primaries.

The voters at the 2015 primaries will certainly be big winners, going home with busloads of Dollars and Euros. Apparently Naira doesn't make the grade at PDP primaries. Says much about Nigerian democracy.

That said, who knows if these characters will still be around come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Dygeasy(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2012
Advocating for obasanjo or what?

Obasanjo, GEJ, PDP, IBB all of them- nothing good outta them so wtf is the fuss about?
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2012
honeric01:

You will swallow your words and i pray it happens because GEJ coming back by 2015 is a total disaster to this country!
I'm also hoping that GEJ does not come back. But what's the guarantee that Obasanjo will present us a better choice?
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2012
The rule of the Jungle is that the old Alpha male was once strong, but must give way at some point for the Younger Alpha Male, else, He will demise in battle. OBJ should know when to stay away, as the generation that came of age in the 70s are ageing they must give way to the new Generation, but in Nigeria that seems to be something not happening. This is essentially due to circumstances of GEJ presidency. If Yaradua had continued, OBj would have been silent a long time ago. It remains to be seen, how OBJ will dictate to a sitting president with all paraphernalia of power, while OBJ is filled with vulnerabilities and ample points for economic and political sabotage. He is like the aged wrestler who wishes to prove his strength once again by throwing his heart in the ring among the young men of today. While the young men find it odd wrestling with their fathers, Every young man seeks to outdo his father. OBj who could loose relevance in his home to Tinubu, is only an excuse of a chance to the rest of Nigeria without Presidential powers.

OBJ has served his purpose, to intimidate the Northern boys of his age who had a free reign of power in the wake of Nigerian Civil war, That era will be completely cleaned off in GEJ's second term. He should not misinterpret his relevance and work against that very purpose, least he finds himself bowed without grace, and at the receiving end of the very hand strokes he taught his protégées.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by chrisxxx(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2012
Nobody can fight a man convinced with what he has from 'God'. History has antecedent in abundance. Jesus killed to topple the spread of Christianity, Bibles were burnt and preaching banned.My question, did it stop the propagation of Christianity? Answer it?
Even the people of Mecca tried same on the Prophet of Islam to no avail. The Arab world and even other parts of the world would give testimony to this development.
Boko Haram is unlike the Niger Delta unrest where inhabitants were and are still asking for economic liberation and compensation. This is easy to settle even with military intimidation. But government of Y'Ardua took the right course of amnesty grant with some developmental compensations.
Boko Haram has a religious dimension which the benefit is to pay the ultimate price and benefit the prize of life in paradise. You can't use force to win this man reorientation is the best bet.
Don't blame Jonathan for his inaction if at all.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by honeric01(m): 10:27am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm also hoping that GEJ does not come back. But what's the guarantee that Obasanjo will present us a better choice?

oh, you mean PDP is the only party in Nigeria and what happens in PDP is what the rest of the country should wait for?
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Wsdm: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva: I think too much power is ascribed to Obasanjo that he actually wields. He doesn't have the kind of power that people talk about. Jonathan will run and win with or without OBJ.
If this is your prayer and this man continue this way, i put it up to you that you hate your country much indeed.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2012
honeric01:

oh, you mean PDP is the only party in Nigeria and what happens in PDP is what the rest of the country should wait for?
Unfortunately, i don't see anything party ousting PDP in a long time to come except there's a mass exodus. For now we have to strive to get the best candidate to represent PDP. It seems once someone has won the PDP presidential ticket, he has automatically won the election.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by honeric01(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Unfortunately, i don't see anything party ousting PDP in a long time to come except there's a mass exodus. For now we have to strive to get the best candidate to represent PDP. It seems once someone has won the PDP presidential ticket, he has automatically won the election.

Thank God you have just one brain, one head and one thumb to vote for one person and only once.

minus you, we still have more than 60 million eligible voters. (There's hope!)

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2012
honeric01:

Thank God you have just one brain, one head and one thumb to vote for one person and only once.

minus you, we still have more than 60 million eligible voters. (There's hope!)
There's always hope. There's also hope that satan will make heaven.

These opposition parties have to put their differences aside and come together to forge a common front if they want to oust PDP. They also have to start looking at things nationally and not restrict themselves to certain regions because that what PDP has above other parties in Nigeria. They're the only party with a National outlook.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Wsdm: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Ehe! Na now you come. All the index used in measuring Development in a country is tilting towards negative pole in this regime. I am very optimistic that if we vote someone objectively devoid of unnecessary sentiment, we will get there.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Willy7(m): 10:36am On Dec 10, 2012
Inasmuch as we all know that All power belongs to God,we should also understand that God has given and placed some people in a higher authority,influence and control over others and somethings.There are certain influences and gifts you cant take from a man no matter how highly placed or power you wield at the present or moment.I'm not a fan of OBJ,but hate him,loathe him or love him,there's somthing about him that even his worst critics and enemies admire about him,and that's his assertiveness and GEJ has only succeeded in making Nigerians miss him (OBJ) and has made him look like a saint.I dont believe that OBJ wants a president he can control from the backdoor,eventhough most Nigerians want to believe otherwise.Though he wants to remain relevant.OBJ is not God and if God wills that GEJ will remain president after 2015,there's little or nothing anyone can do about that.Infact God can use every circumstance to make that happen.Having said that,i still believe that GEJ is yet to find his feet as a president and commander in chief,so he needs as much alliance and help he could get from those that have been there and seen it all.There is so much he stands to gain from OBJ alliance than from an OBJ faceoff.GEJ is not a politician and events have proven him right when he said that during d weakilikes episode.He doesnt know his enemies and how to use them for his own advantage,he also doesnt know how to keep friends.Obama made the same mistake,he allienated Bill Clinton,telling Americans that his role model was Ronald Reagan and the man he admires.Eventhough he appointed Clintons wife as secretary of states,that friendship gap was between them,he taught he could be his own man,do his own thing his own way and doesnt need Clinton,though thats good as a leader that wants to establish your own weight,but then it didnt workout so well for him,and he quickly realised that and made an amend by reaching out to Clinton and that paid off as we saw during the last Democratic national convention,where Clinton was able to woo some undecided voters and even handful of republicans to Obama's side.The rest is history.So GEJ should look beyond those sycophants he surrounds himself with and think outside the box.This is politics,not some village chieftancy tussle.He can gain from OBJ and still be his own man.The earlier the better,otherwise i see him left in d cold in 2015.OBJ has his flaws,but is a force and power to reckon with as long as Nigeria politics is concern.Only GEJ's true enemies are rejoicing over this faceoff and also the ones saying he can do with or without OBJ.Even Obama knows better.My opinion though.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by honeric01(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:
There's always hope. There's also hope that satan will make heaven.

These opposition parties have to put their differences aside and come together to forge a common front if they want to oust PDP. They also have to start looking at things nationally and not restrict themselves to certain regions because that what PDP has above other parties in Nigeria. They're the only party with a National outlook.

Another wild comment, show me where it was written that satan is hoped to make heaven. he's been condemned forever so your analogy lacks logic.

They already put their differences apart, hence the reason they are coming together again. you think thunder can strike twice in the same place ni?
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2012
honeric01:

Another wild comment, show me where it was written that satan is hoped to make heaven. he's been condemned forever so your analogy lacks logic.

They already put their differences apart, hence the reason they are coming together again. you think thunder can strike twice in the same place ni?
I hope you're right sha...let's watch and see what happens.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2012
Another OBJ apologist. The writer would have been taken serious if he had mentioned the "OBJ 3rd term conspiracy" The only thing OBJ has is an arrogant swag.In his family and even his local constituency he is a persona non grata.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by aribisala0(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Obasanjo has no such power. Whether Jonathan returns depends on two scenarios.
He rigs the election or
He wins the election fairly.
To a lesser degree it depends on who the North( the only credible rival) puts forward and their degree of unity

His performance so far does not indicate he can win an election fairly.
Insecurity,crime and unemployment are way too high.He and his family just appear to want to enjoy the perks of office; Banquet halls and presidential bread jets. There is no progress on core issues of power,petroleum refining and even his own Niger delta have not benefitted save but a few like Orubebe,Tompolo and Diezani while the area remains ecolologically devastated. He will leave office with areas devastated by oil spills still polluted and so I and many others will ask why I should stand in a queue for hours to vote for him again

If he uses the power of incumbency to rig the election he will find that he will have to rely on security forces to remain in power.His minority population cannot protect him from political impeachment. The security forces are majority Northern and will have no reason to be loyal if he has stolen power.

The only certain way for him to return is to perform. Looking at the people he surrounds himself with including his VP who was recently handing out TVs and laptops at his daughters' weddings it is clear he CANNOT perform.He does not come across as a man that likes hard work but rather one with a fondness for enjoyment. We shall see

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Livebetalife(f): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2012
yes o him b baba
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Akanbiedu(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2012
Has performance ever been a major factor in winning Presidential election?
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by okoomoge2(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2012
GEJ is a little man that knows nothing about the world he lives in. I am not sure he is aware of the 48 laws of power, if he is, he will definitely know you don't find your master.

I advice GEJ reads the act of war and the rules of engagement. I pity that guy walahi.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by UncleJJ(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2012
Only tribalist and ethnic bigots will vote Jonathan..the man has disgraced the SS, we r gon b like the SE.

Let is be none to everyman gej is nt the progenitor of amnesty blah blah blah, Twas Yar'dua.

So, the militants in truth owe thier newly found opulence to a northerner. Who stopped boko haram v1.o dead in its tracks, was it Jonathan.

Who deregulated fuel, whch nw sells for up n2oo/lit . Was it obasanjo, who promised boko haram will end in june and electricity similar, was it IBB?

Pensions stolen, fuel scarcity returns, over 2trillion naira fuel deregulation scam, defense scams worth tens of millions of euro's.

Men and women with Nigerian blood die like slaves in the north, yet he has the guts to build banquet halls, v.p billion naira houses, more aircrafts than the U:S govt.

Lagos, now runs as it likes, brf even boasting he already has a state police, toll gates, public extortion in form of taxation, poor construction standards and executive tribalism.

This is the man u want to vote come '15. Jonathan is the worst thing that has happened to this country, he is shallow minded, tribalistic, cold hearted, gullible and backstabbing.

Even, the rivers, trees and land in this country have rejected him fr re.election... He has served himself, since he came ...the man has no character, he a chronic liar...who never has anything facts to support his statments.

The SS will do nothing, if he does not return...all they ever wanted was money, now they have lots of it.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by IYANGBALI: 11:18am On Dec 10, 2012
On june 12 we stand.
Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Yungeagle(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2012
banku: OBASANJO CAN CROWN OR DENY PRESIDENCY

Watch out, nobody has endorsed or deny more presidencies than Obasanjo in the history of Nigeria. All you have to think about are those he crowned like Ebele, Shagari, Yar'Adua and the one he had supported as Deputy: Murtala Mohammed. On the other hand are those he denied presidency like Awolowo, Abiola, Falae, Babangida, Ekwueme, Atiku and Buhari. Apart from himself, it was only Yoruba he could not crown.

Going forward, Obasanjo can make or deny any Nigerian the presidency as long as that person is not a Yoruba. He built his reputation as a non-tribalized Nigerian that can stand up to his own people and other Nigerians love him each time for it. After hatched job, they praised him to high heavens. People build reputation differently and Obasanjo established his against his people that never voted for him. Love or hate him.

Recently, the Ijaw chieftaincies have made it clear that with or without Obasanjo, Ebele is untouchable. They need to think again. Most of them forgot that they came to power was not by votes in their population but by kidnapping their babies, old folks including an attempt on Ebele, intimidation, threat against their people and contribution of environmental disaster to their own region. The malaise has infected the whole Country. They gained sympathy for their just cause from most Nigerians and around the world.

This was how they got Obasanjo's backing, compare to others' patronizing lip service. In terms of population they are far behind other ethnic groups that have not tasted power in Nigeria but their region contributes most of the income earned from oil resources. It is also unfair that oil resources were the only one hijacked by the Federal Government when groundnuts pyramids, cocoa, and coal from others were not. Fair is fair.

The other side of the coin is that those hard working, educated Niger Deltans with perseverance in the South-south lost out on power that unfortunately fell into the hands of thugs, militants and vagabonds that are now admired as successful millionaires and billionaires. The real pioneer of freedom fighters in the Niger Delta have been blown aside and replaced by those that cannot even spell their names.

Sure, Niger Delta is a strong constituency but those well informed men of Niger Delta have been marginalized. Young men and women that went to school and played by the rules watch as school dropouts become “heroes”. Some people said President Ebele is confused, others said he has no clue and he is going out of his way to make more enemies for himself while making friends with those that want him to fail.

Consequences of that misfortune are the drunken-sailors that have forgotten their misery and spend money like no man's business. Nigerians are asking if anything has changed since Ebele a well educated man with PhD, took over. There was so much hope and goodwill to pacify and compensate Niger Delta. Nigeria has not gotten any better, many claimed that it has gotten worse. Boko Haram wants to be compensated too.

President Ebele can fight Obasanjo, his Adimu cousin, all he wants but not on security and safety, the most potent ammunition his distractors hold against him. His backers claimed Babangida made OBJ President and he told crowners they should consider all their investment on him lost. But they must realize Babangida had nothing on OBJ and actually saved IBB's life after Murtala was assassinated. Babangida allowed Dimka to escape as he was a suspected member of the coup. Danjuma wanted him fired, fired!

If this is the record President Ebele wants to take into election in 2015, his advisers and chieftaincies must be on cloud nine. Sometimes we all get overconfident based on substantive record we can demonstrate to the people. President Ebele has little to show and has reinvigorated some old hands looking forward to the presidency. Unless we get a dramatic change, Ebele will get the least votes if he contests for the next election.

Of course his difficulties have been blamed on Obasanjo that endorsed him as presidential material just as that of Yar'Adua and Shagari before him was put on OBJ. But those that criticize him more than OBJ do everything to make sure he does not succeed. They have put every obstacle before him and even ready to burn the Country down and blame him. The more they despise him, the more he tries to appease those.

And who does Ebele go after? Obasanjo, that criticized every president. There is a subtle message here that most people do not grasp. Odi and Zaki Biam were the low points in Obasanjo presidency because of violation of human rights by soldiers. But OBJ and his cohorts defended an action that had to be done to prevent Nigeria from turning to the mess we have today with Boko Haram. When OBJ gave shoot on sight order against OPC in Lagos, other Nigerians supported him. Which Lagosain did not look like OPC in Lagos?

In other words, President Ebele has put focus on himself for his inability to deal with Boko Haram and the perpetrators of Boko Haram enjoy his fight with Obasanjo on Odi. Also note that of all the heads of state, only Obasanjo dared into the lion's den of Boko Haram to try and negotiate peace. One of his negotiators paid with his life. So when Gowon took side with Ebele, he was ridiculed. One of former heads of state that did nothing about Boko Haram than criticizing the one that ventured into the lion's den.

We must not forget that the only head of state that stood up to corruption with EFCC at its zenith was OBJ though his bankrupt ass stole too to compensate for past opportunity he missed. He was also the only one that fired all the “militricians” from the Army and got away with it. Somehow, he survived Abacha. As he did for Ebele, he had the guts to appoint those that have been neglected since the Civil War to powerful positions.

We need not compare agbalumo with oranges. The only people that Obasanjo cannot help are his people. He can crown and deny others. OBJ dey laugh O! Atiku dey laugh.

Source: Farouk Martins Aresa

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/103028/1/obasanjo-can-crown-or-deny-presidency.html

Re: Obasanjo Can Crown Or Deny Presidency by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Abagworo: Obasanjo is also our most internationally influential President ever.

Thanks Dude,

Surely,

If all Nigerian President are bad, Obasanjo is the Best President Nigeria has ever had........

May He live long,Amen!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerians Running for Their Lives After Boko Haram Attack / Arewa Community In South Endorses Jonathan For Re-election / Emeka Ihedioha Signs N197.6 Billion 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.