Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Will You Remember Your Mother For? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (10271 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Shugamania(f): 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
A whole lot of things - Her principles (mum was a very strict and disciplined woman)courage, support, being a strong pillar, an ever-present backbone and setting my feet on the right path. Miss her loads.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Destindave(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her pankere(cane) marks on my skin...
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Sammy25n(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]For her Motherly love and care second to none on earth!!!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by faboben10: 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
My mumm was an epitome of discipline, courage, cleanliness and hard work, her modesty in all ramification in d midst of other women was oustandn. I pray to marry some1 like u, missn u!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Davidbanky(m): 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
I will remember her for everything, she didn't have much but she gave me all, shez late, I miss her and can give anything for her to be alive, the best woman I ever known... R.I.P mama we miss u
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by lilyafaten: 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
I remember when I was lessthan 8yrs, she taught me bible verses to recite in church (Assemblies of God church) and she used cardboard sheets to write bible verses and pasted them on the walls of my room and told me to recite them all @ my leisure, she never allowed me to visit or play with other children once I am back from school. It has helped me a lot, even now that I am an adult. She is a good and lovely mother.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by fapcrook(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
2sexy: same as my mum! but she is no more!
Heya pele o
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Apawa(f): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mama i will always love you for all the over unmentionables rest in peace
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by debycool: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
For her unconditional luv, wisdom and ability to solve problems. And mostly for teaching me morals and spiritual things.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by hardbody: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
Errrmm, I cant speak about her in the past because she still has a lot to offer me and she is still there doing her best to ensure i remain on top. Mum, be seeing you in a coupla 2 weeks time.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by kedukc(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
My mum ain't the best, or maybe I'ma perfectionist. Leave am like that.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by aboaed: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
2sexy: Hello Family

This is my first post here...

What will you remember your mother for?

I will remember her for sending me pot soup and stew all the way from Benin City to Effurun Delta State.

For her undying love for her children... back then even at age 20+ she still wants to buy me cloths lol.

Nah that woman pampered me o.

I would remember her for her delicious meals... Wifey, no vex oo, my mamma never cooked potty so you just got to learn how to do cooking to my taste. grin grin grin

I would remember her for her valour,courage. she was an Amazon. She started the construction of Teslim Balogun Stadium as the major supplier of building materials with Transproject( The company that won the contract at that time, late 80s to ealry 90s). She was hardly at home at that time. No mind Nigerian government and abandoned projects.

I will remember her for her sacrifices... she sold her cloths for my sake and even refused to buy any for herself so that he children could have something, fought death so I could live...

This are just some that I can remember...

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Our mothers are unsong heroines, Amazons and they should be remembered for something.

What will you remember your mama for? let's hear it!
I'll remember her for being sweet, selfless and generous
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by amacastel: 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
She is ma best friend,confidant,mentor,counsellor,she sold her clothes 4 me is is ma 2nd God witout her I wil be lik some of ma childhood friends dt ar runs girls nw bt 4 her am an entertainer,a qualified nurse/midwife,anesthetic 2dy she trained us alone wen our useless father galivant around wit useles women lik him 2dy she av us all graduate she is d best person I av seen in d whole world.may God contiune 2 kep her alive 4 me though she is a strict disciplinarian.chukwu biko gozie nnem nye ya oganihu .Amen.I LOVE YOU MOOMI M nwanyi oma
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by aboaed: 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
2sexy: Hello Family

This is my first post here...

What will you remember your mother for?

I will remember her for sending me pot soup and stew all the way from Benin City to Effurun Delta State.

For her undying love for her children... back then even at age 20+ she still wants to buy me cloths lol.

Nah that woman pampered me o.

I would remember her for her delicious meals... Wifey, no vex oo, my mamma never cooked potty so you just got to learn how to do cooking to my taste. grin grin grin

I would remember her for her valour,courage. she was an Amazon. She started the construction of Teslim Balogun Stadium as the major supplier of building materials with Transproject( The company that won the contract at that time, late 80s to ealry 90s). She was hardly at home at that time. No mind Nigerian government and abandoned projects.

I will remember her for her sacrifices... she sold her cloths for my sake and even refused to buy any for herself so that he children could have something, fought death so I could live...

This are just some that I can remember...

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Our mothers are unsong heroines, Amazons and they should be remembered for something.

What will you remember your mama for? let's hear it!
I'll remember her for being sweet, selfless and generous
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 3ppleg(f): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
I will remember my great mum 4 she is a hero,she is a great women,4 her great love ad mothering care,4 her wonderful love to her children 4 her great prayers upon her children,infact I remembered mum 4 everything
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by myvic70(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
I will forever remain grateful to my wonderful mum, lover girlfriend, mentor, motivational, and so on.
Remember far back when she will cook soup all d way from benin city and send to me in Lagos via relations coming to lag. Her unconditional love.
R.I.P mum. Love u forever.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Caseless: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
I remember back then when i was younger, whenever my mum was not around(and i'm missing her), i'd go to her room, pick up any of her shirt she had put on the previous days and i wld cover my face with it.....and the feeling wld be like i'm d happiest man on earth. If cover my face with her shirt, i go de sniff am like say na cocaine....

2sexy, nice thread!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by electrowale: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
1 million words can not express how she is to me... but i will always LOVE my mother for her love, caring e.t.c I LOVE U MUMMY
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by lorddannie: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
her magnanimity...now someone wanna make me cry embarassedher magnanimity...now someone wanna make me cry
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by dapachez: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
For her unconditional love,care and she was always there for the four of us. She went the extra mile to make us happy,denied herself of so much so we could be happy. I remember those nights she would sew school uniforms to make extra income to support dad. She was an epitome of humility,she touched so many lives to the glory of God. Its so unfortunate cancer snatched you from us 8 months ago.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
I still have her jor...

And she aint going nowhere anytime soon..
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by salolo(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
my mother's love. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 2sexy(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
caseless:

2sexy, nice thread!
Thanks bro... I no fit come romance section again oo. Na him make me sofli dey hia. This month will make it 4 years since she left this world.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by simdam500(m): 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
CONFIDENCE! CONFIDENCE!! CONFIDENCE!!!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
[b]Her Shouts - My mum can shout down the roof.

Her hot slaps - My mums slaps makes the Nigerian Police look like biitches..

Her rage - Omo, My mum would spas out and go full loco on me. Beat my a`ss with a belt, electric cables and even bottles and sticks..

Her insistence on the Law - Which almost got her killed by a drunk Police officer..

Her suspicions - My mum was suspected me of being up to no good..

Shiit men.. At some point I felt like I was adopted..

BUT!!!

I can never get enough of her smiles whenever I made her happy..

I can never get enough of her hugs whenever she saw that I was down.

Nor the tears she cried when I had a near-fatal accident in 1993..

Nor the care and attention I recieved from her when she nursed me back to full health for almost a year..

I will never forget how she always came to my rescue whenever I was in trouble.

I will always remember how she deprived herself of some luxuries to send me abroad to school even when my father felthe couldnt afford it..

I will never forget how she bragged to anyone who cared to listen when I graduated from the Uni..

I remember driving her going into labor with my younger brother and me driving her to the hospital... That day is forever engraved in my memory.. The only thing that can replace it would be the birth of my own kid..

I cant stress it enough... My mum and I had many great times together... Of all my siblings, I think I enjoyed the best of her.. grin

Thats why I love her to death.. Even when she is being unncessarily unreasonable...

[/b]
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
***DELETED***
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
@op...Nice thread and very inspiring...
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by mzhoney: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hmmmm,she's my hero sometimes I wonder where she got her strength from,she raced us single handedly with no mans help but God.I will remember her 4 the laughter,words of encouragement,tears,striving,selfless n standing frame 4 God though she's till alive. words will not be enough to say many tins. You are the best mami I LOVE YOU
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Caseless: 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
2sexy: Thanks bro... I no fit come romance section again oo. Na him make me sofli dey hia. This month will make it 4 years since she left this world.
no! Common...u are too big to be small. Ar u chicken out becos of anyone? Don't be cowed by anybody or bullying u see out there in the romance section. I'm not d regular romance section guy, but it is a place u'd find bigotry of any form almost non-existing...so , i'm cool with that aspect to some extent.

See, if u dey run for fear of attack , dat guy called sexkillz for don quit nairaland totally(no be only R-section him go quit). Dont mind what people say or do, jst concerntrate on the fun involved. I get beaf wit some ppl for r-section, but i no de take am serious...dem take am serious die. Come back abeg, we need u dere....
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by olivegirl(f): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
blackwood: For not recognizing me when she saw me, after leaving me nearly all my life. Sorry, but now,shes just another old woman.
And how come people never talk about fathers, why is there no poem for fathers, why didnt Tupac sing dear father, why didnt boyzIImen sing PAPA. i just hate those mother songs.Do you know how many mothers day we have in a year? in my church they celebrate mothers sunday nearly every sundayand they call asking why i don't come to church. now there is a forum here for mothers.
. F0Rgive and m0ve 0n c0s de grUdge will be heating u. Many kpeme dier 0wn 4 belle, she gave u chance. WE all have s0me piple we d0nt expect 2 mess up. Always valUe friendship by dier g00d. I miss ma m0m. She s0ld her G0ld 4 Us. @ 26 dad still buy me pants, dad I missed u well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marrying For Comfort / The Era Of House Paint Might Be Gone. [color=#990000]price updated[/color] / When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.