Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Will You Remember Your Mother For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (10252 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 2sexy(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2012
Hello Family

This is my first post here...

What will you remember your mother for?

I will remember her for sending me pot soup and stew all the way from Benin City to Effurun Delta State.

For her undying love for her children... back then even at age 20+ she still wants to buy me cloths lol.

Nah that woman pampered me o.

I would remember her for her delicious meals... Wifey, no vex oo, my mamma never cooked potty so you just got to learn how to do cooking to my taste. grin grin grin

I would remember her for her valour,courage. she was an Amazon. She started the construction of Teslim Balogun Stadium as the major supplier of building materials with Transproject( The company that won the contract at that time, late 80s to ealry 90s). She was hardly at home at that time. No mind Nigerian government and abandoned projects.

I will remember her for her sacrifices... she sold her cloths for my sake and even refused to buy any for herself so that he children could have something, fought death so I could live...

This are just some that I can remember...

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Our mothers are unsong heroines, Amazons. Many battles they fought for our sake,some they won and some they lost, many of which they never told us. They should be remembered for something.

What will you remember your mama for? let's hear it!

11 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by k2039: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2012
For her unconditional love, for always believing in me.

5 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 2sexy(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
k2039: For her unconditional love, for always believing in me.
yes o.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her no-nonsense attitude.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Callotti: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
I am still enjoying her well well!
As a typical IGBO woman. . .I WILL MISS HER INTRIGUES!
You have to stay 5 steps ahead of her. . .otherwise, you she go jusss sell ya azzze! grin

D-R-A-M-A!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Never a dull moment!
Kai!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by kokoye(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
She is still here smiley

She will be remembered for being what every child would ask for.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by dilbert100: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
always being there
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by HoneyPrincess(f): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
For her unconditional love and care

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ektbear: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
I will think further about this in 30 years. My momma isn't even 50 yet
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by slimyem: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her strength...
Strongest woman i know...!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Amari(f): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nobody has ever believed in me as much as my mother,i dont even believe in myself as much as she does! I thank God that she is still alive.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
I would remember her for being a disciplinarian,she changed my life positively while growing up,if not for her hard stand on not condoning rubbish,I would have being something else in life.
Thanks mum,you are wonderful.you made me who I am today. I love you.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by fapcrook(m): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her love and generosity to neighbours
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Ibangap(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
4 her 1 nd always repeated advice 'Stay away from women until you are ready 2 settle down'. It has saved me frm a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by freecocoa(f): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
-For her unconditional love.
-Her great sense of humor, you must find hilarity in whatever she does\say, I know how hard we fought not to laugh while she was scolding us, she was just too funny.
-Her exceptional culinary skill.
And not forgetting her legendary left back hand slap, I'm sure my two older siblings will never forget this even if their memories get formatted grin.

10 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by fredyluv10(m): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
hmmmm... i"ll never forget her delicious meals
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by swtcharissa(f): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
She is still very much alive n kicking,I will always remember her for been next after God,she is one person who tells u something and b sure its going to happen,she is my only sister n one I can share my life secrets with without fear or doubt,a no nonsense woman,infact if mata reach her hand to judge b sure that is d last bus stop of dat issue....luv u mum

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
freecocoa: -For her unconditional love.
-Her great sense of humor, you must find hilarity in whatever she does\say, I know how hard we fought not to laugh while she was scolding us, she was just too funny.
-Her exceptional culinary skill.
And not forgetting her legendary left back hand slap, I'm sure my two older siblings will never forget this even if their memories get formatted grin.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by razzberry2(f): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her luv,support n disciplinary attitude..makin sure she wont raise no lazy child..esp ha girls..I LUV U MOM

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by blackwood(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
For not recognizing me when she saw me, after leaving me nearly all my life. Sorry, but now,shes just another old woman.
And how come people never talk about fathers, why is there no poem for fathers, why didnt Tupac sing dear father, why didnt boyzIImen sing PAPA. i just hate those mother songs.Do you know how many mothers day we have in a year? in my church they celebrate mothers sunday nearly every sundayand they call asking why i dont come to church. now there is a forum here for mothers.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by ebamma3: 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
for her smile and her beauty, and for introducing me to garri

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Archmed(m): 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
All my life,I've tried so hard to describe my mum but to no avail...All that matters 2me is that d good Lord spare her life that she may reap the fruits of her labour.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
She dealt with me alot.... I was a spoilt brat, I thank God she's my mother.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by methodman(m): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
For abandoning me wen i was barely 1 year old....and den making me hate women for a while. angry angry cry

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by DANILSA(m): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
WHAT SHE TAUGHT ME ABOUT WOMEN IS HELPING ME BECOME A REAL MAN.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by nollywood20: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
My mother sacrificed her life to give me the best and I remember her as one of the greatest mothers of all time.
She remained ever faithful to my father even though he was unfaithful to her.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mommy is still alive and well
I love her for her love for family ,nuclear and extended
She is always very giving,I believe I inherited that from her.
She has no enemies,always looking out for the welfare of others
Whenever she comes to visit and is about to leave,I take her to the store and whatever jewelry she wants,I buy it even if I have to charge it on a credit card,mom is worth it.
I will do everything within my power to tell her and show her that I love her dearly and all my siblings do same
She has been a pillar of strength in our family and a good help meet for daddy.
She taught me that being married does not mean you lose your individuality and your essence as a person,for that I love her
After some of us kids were born,mommy furthered her education, went to College and graduated in 1978 and worked herself to the pinnacle of her career before retirement for that I am extremely proud of her.

Now that she has become a member of MFM,I have to go collect all those expensive jewelry back,the ones I bought and the ones she bought herself,nice gold pieces,someone has to wear them grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Iaz93: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Even if I forget everything, I can't forget her slaps and the floggings...chei! She made me.
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 80million1: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Her IMMEASURABLE LOVE!

She gave me LIFE!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by 80million1: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
*speechless*

Her IMMEASURABLE LOVE!

She gave me LIFE!
Re: What Will You Remember Your Mother For? by Iaz93: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
ebamma 3: for her smile and her beauty, and for introducing me to garri
LWDMOnIMLMAORODFRMC! Chei

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Sweetheart, I Don't Love You Anymore!" / Marrying For Comfort / The Era Of House Paint Might Be Gone. [color=#990000]price updated[/color]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.