Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi (9737 Views)

EFCC Investigates N6.7bn Transfer To Sambo Dasuki, Ita Ekpeyong After Poll / FG Investigates AI's Allegations Against Military / Fg Investigates Allegations Against Efcc's Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by ifechez: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abagworo:

I wouldn't declare you a hater because you probably lack the knowledge. Oil was 1st struck in Edda but was declared as not commercial. The next place was Owerri which was also declared as non-commercial. Oloibiri and Owaza were struck almost at the same time in the mid 50s and were declared as commercial. Why was Oloibiri and Owaza commercially viable? The deposit was large and it required less investment in pipelines to Bonny. If you can lay your hands on documents that pre-date 1970, you would know this. The civil war led to a lot of cover ups and twist of history.

u are a good educator. D'alu biko...... Next time dey collect moni 4rm the malu
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by KayDee4: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
ARES: Oil is everywhere because contrary to general believe, oil is biotic and abiotic. Which means it is self replenishing, even though not at the rate it is mined. Ever heard of Eugene platform 330. Believe me, oil is every where. Pls feel free to argue. (Intelligently ooo) I will explain further

Eugene Island GOM ?

How is there oil 'everywhere'? undecided undecided

Abiotic vs Biotic oil ? ? ? undecided undecided
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote
author=geez*]

Wrong sir. Oil was first discovered in Oloibiri in 1956. I worked
with SPDC fairly long enough to know that. Maybe the oil you speak of is
Palm Oil grin
[/quote] Oloibiri-1956, Edda, Ebonyi state-1928. Don't be in a haste...
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Techwriter: Is that supposed to be a blessing or a curse?
You are a slowpoke. How could it possibly be a curse ?
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Emusan: Very soon they wil begin to discover oil in Nigerians body gringringringrin
If it starts with you. I'd murder you instantly.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote
author=topsyking]They will never discover oil in ibo land..its just
anoda propaganda
we r not ready for anoda igbo militancy cos na dem go worst
pass...already kidnapping is the order of d day..if dey no see oil, na
war zone he go become[/quote] They will never discover OIL. You be fool u be engineer. Or don't you know they are just products of fossils that are millions of years old ? You are an arrogant ploke ! seems you got some anti-feelings for the Igbos ! Don't get jealous cos I know that it hurts you. By the way are the Igbos worse than the Niger-deltans and the Boko-harrasers ? You just can't stand the feeling. Fade Away cos it's true ! And they ain't gonna militate.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
osram: Ebonyi doesnt have crude oil,it only has tar sand jst lyk canada...igbo ppld go n sleep
hahahahaha ! see who's talking. What gives you the feeling they do not ? Anyway They may got tar, what has your state ?
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote
author=SOH KAH TOA] Good for Ebonyi and Nigeria in general. Let's be
hapi at progress, why are some peeps sad for a possible oil exploration
in Iboland? Na wa o grin grin grin[/quote] Afterall na 4 the good of all Nigerians, nawa o ! haters. No be national treasure the money dey enter ? or na state or Igbo tribe dey claim am ?
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote
author=mrrock]I' am from there and there's no doubt we have lots of it.
You would often see the signs and excesses floating around during rainy
season. Yes, if Anambra, Cross River e.t.c could have some deposit then
there's no way Ebonyi will not have even much more. But, as someone
asked; is this actually a blessing or a curse??[/quote] Ebonyi is an Agricultural state. But Afikpo is not one of the cultivating regions. So they could just sell the land to the govt. and evacuate ! No love lost. Yes love found.(it doesn't affect any of the agricultural regions in d state). Indegenes maybe displaced but can be appeased.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ozonna: We should remove our minds completely from oil cos as we re discovering more oil here in Nigeria, so also are other countries discovering more in their lands.

Mozambique,Uganda,Ghana,etc are few African countries I can remember that have started oil exploration. World biggest economy (US) have started reducing their dependence on foreign oil and they also have oil rich neighbour Canada. Oil in not too distant future will be sold @ less than $10 per barrel (I may be exaggerating abit).

True talk even the US is projected to surpass Saudi Arabia in oil production in the nearest future, with the new fracking tech, and large shale oil deposits.
We gonna start drinking our oil pretty soon.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
One of things i want to ask God when i see him is 'why didn't you allow biafra to stand'
He knows better...
Right now having biafra will lessen the problems but won't change the orientation we acquired from being nigerians.

Just because its in the land of the rising sun,it took the federal govt 'centuries' just to carry out simple investigation.
That's why i will always applaude what anambra did through orient oil co.

2 Likes

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Albedo27(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
achi4u: Ebonyi is a blessed state to the Easterners with alot of so many natural mineral resources begging for govt attention,if only all the SE states can team-up and re-invest in Nkalagu Cement Industry(Nigercem) with desire to help Ebonyi govt and SE in general because as things stand now the state govt alone with the kind of people ruling the state cannot do much needed work there.

As for oil.The oil deposit at Edda and its enviro has been there for God knows when with little or no attention being giving to it...,so,we are not much intrested in oil exploration anymore(just like many other people above had mention) because so many other natural gift abound in state.

So many mineral there laying fallow waiting to be tapped.
Ebonyi state is really blessed with natural resouces. Salt at Uburu and Okposi, all in Ohaozara LGA; limestone at Nkalagu; Lead, Zinc and Quartzite, all in Ishagu; and now Oil in Afikpo North. One thing i still strongly believe is the fact that Ebonyi state can survive without oil, if only the rulers (leaders) of the state can gear towards exploring, exploiting and processing of these endowed resources. But like i have often said, those old men (so called founding fathers) will continue to dream dreams until they give way to the industrialization hungry young generation, to tap the abundant natural resources.

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Maxymilliano(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
Albedo27:
Ebonyi state is really blessed with natural resouces. Salt at Uburu and Okposi, all in Ohaozara LGA; limestone at Nkalagu; Lead, Zinc and Quartzite, all in Ishagu; and now Oil in Afikpo North. One thing i still strongly believe is the fact that Ebonyi state can survive without oil, if only the rulers (leaders) of the state can gear towards exploring, exploiting and processing of these endowed resources. But like i have often said, those old men (so called founding fathers) will continue to dream dreams until they give way to the industrialization hungry young generation, to tap the abundant natural resources.

Ebonyi State has never really been blessed with the right type of leaders that can harnessed the abundant resource in the State for the good of the populace, the current governor seems not to be in tandem with the present reality IMO...
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Albedo27(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Maxymilliano:

Ebonyi State has never really been blessed with the right type of leaders that can harnessed the abundant resource in the State for the good of the populace, the current governor seems not to be in tandem with the present reality IMO...
The military Administrators who ruled d state from its creation up to this democratic dispensation wich started in 1999 to date, did far better than the democratically elected old men. I wonder where the dividents of democracy are!
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Maxymilliano(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Albedo27:
The military Administrators who ruled d state from its creation up to this democratic dispensation wich started in 1999 to date, did far better than the democratically elected old men. I wonder where the dividents of democracy are!
I quite agree with you Bro, most of the young lads i talked to in the South West don't even know who Martin Elechi is, the guy is unpopular across the Niger and there's not much news coming out from that State to reckon with.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by smartg(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
Oil oil oil everywhere in igbo land, mph, these people are truly blessed
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by igahdavid(m): 12:21am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 12:48am On Dec 13, 2012
Albedo27:
ur wellcome my bros,nice seeing you againgrin

To the topic:
Ebonyi state govt leaders are only hungry for now...they only want to fill their stomach with the little crumbs coming from Abuja but soon "old things shall pass away" and a new day will greet Ebonyians once again...untill then my brothers.

cheersgrin
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
achi4u: ur wellcome my bros,nice seeing you againgrin

To the topic:
Ebonyi state govt leaders are only hungry for now...they only want to fill their stomach with the little crumbs coming from Abuja but soon "old things shall pass away" and a new day will greet Ebonyians once again...untill then my brothers.

cheersgrin
if you into ebonyi state politics,please that deputy governor shouldn't take over from elechi, come 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angry Biafrans Nearly Beatup Nigeria's Foreign Minister / 7 Persons Dead As 2 Suicide Bombers Attack Borno / Life International Hospital Opens in Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.