Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi (9744 Views)

EFCC Investigates N6.7bn Transfer To Sambo Dasuki, Ita Ekpeyong After Poll / FG Investigates AI's Allegations Against Military / Fg Investigates Allegations Against Efcc's Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by basisop(m): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2012
[quote author=alj harem]The quest of Igbo elites to make SE an oil producing region. grin grin grin grin grin grin SMH its good smiley

[/quote

I was banned for two weeks because of your type! You are one of those on NL that have immunity for Tribalism.

When I respond to this provocation now Semen4lyfe will hit his ban button.

3 Likes

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by salam001(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2012
topsyking: They will never discover oil in ibo land..its just anoda propaganda
we r not ready for anoda igbo militancy cos na dem go worst pass...already kidnapping is the order of d day..if dey no see oil, na war zone he go become
and your point is?
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by slap1(m): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2012
Commissioner for Cement Production
For real? What of ga.rri production?

1 Like

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2012
Oil is everywhere because contrary to general believe, oil is biotic and abiotic. Which means it is self replenishing, even though not at the rate it is mined. Ever heard of Eugene platform 330. Believe me, oil is every where. Pls feel free to argue. (Intelligently ooo) I will explain further
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by basisop(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2012
topsyking: They will never discover oil in ibo land..its just anoda propaganda
we r not ready for anoda igbo militancy cos na dem go worst pass...already kidnapping is the order of d day..if dey no see oil, na war zone he go become

shocked I told you to stop smoking. Now look at the effect.
It will now take your instructor 23 years to clear your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by osram(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2012
Ebonyi doesnt have crude oil,it only has tar sand jst lyk canada...igbo ppld go n sleep

1 Like

Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2012
Excellent news for Ebonyi if true! I hope we make progress with true federalism so that the rest of 'us' can focus on our development without oil.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by eduson77(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2012
pronounce it with me OIL
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by SOHKAHTOA: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2012
berem: na everywhere you work? Do you need to work in shell to know when oil was discovered? smh
grin grin grin grin grin. He's a James Bond I guess.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by ekea2001: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2012
The Afikpo basin is a precursor to the oil rich Niger Delta region.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by SOHKAHTOA: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2012
Good for Ebonyi and Nigeria in general. Let's be hapi at progress, why are some peeps sad for a possible oil exploration in Iboland? Na wa o grin grin grin
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2012
victord1st:

that guy geez hates anything igbo.he also said he worked with 6banks.pls ignore this guy he jobless.
you dey mind am? tomorrow now he will tell us he was once the governor of zamfara state . mtscheeew!
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by mrrock: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2012
I' am from there and there's no doubt we have lots of it. You would often see the signs and excesses floating around during rainy season. Yes, if Anambra, Cross River e.t.c could have some deposit then there's no way Ebonyi will not have even much more. But, as someone asked; is this actually a blessing or a curse??
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by emmygod: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2012
preliminary investigation panels from federal government of Nigeria should also carried out investigation of oil in UDI and Oji river precisely ugwuoba both in ENUGU STATE. My own findings shows that there is deposit of oil in both regions.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by osibenaezekiel: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2012
let them discover it and use the resources efficiently.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Profidada: 11:20am On Dec 12, 2012
meksroland: you're also wrong, oil was first discovered in Ikeduru LGA of imo state but was first discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri.
this is the reason i hated history. So many distorted facts confusing the upcoming generation.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by icez: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2012
ok.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by dnawah(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2012
achi4u: Ebonyi is a blessed state to the Easterners with alot of so many natural mineral resources begging for govt attention,if only all the SE states can team-up and re-invest in Nkalagu Cement Industry(Nigercem) with desire to help Ebonyi govt and SE in general because as things stand now the state govt alone with the kind of people ruling the state cannot do much needed work there.

As for oil.The oil deposit at Edda and its enviro has been there for God knows when with little or no attention being giving to it...,so,we are not much intrested in oil exploration anymore(just like many other people above had mention) because so many other natural gift abound in state.

So many mineral there laying fallow waiting to be tapped.
minus diamond:-P
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by geez1: 11:45am On Dec 12, 2012
victord1st:

that guy geez hates anything igbo.he also said he worked with 6banks.pls ignore this guy he jobless.

Add an oil company and an advertising agency to that. Ode!
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by 2jideofor(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Abagworo:

I wouldn't declare you a hater because you probably lack the knowledge. Oil was 1st struck in Edda but was declared as not commercial. The next place was Owerri which was also declared as non-commercial. Oloibiri and Owaza were struck almost at the same time in the mid 50s and were declared as commercial. Why was Oloibiri and Owaza commercially viable? The deposit was large and it required less investment in pipelines to Bonny. If you can lay your hands on documents that pre-date 1970, you would know this. The civil war led to a lot of cover ups and twist of history.

True so true... In my last few days at school. I read about it in one of the courses offered, especially that of Owerri.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by ypzilanti: 11:53am On Dec 12, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Good for Ebonyi and Nigeria in general. Let's be hapi at progress, why are some peeps sad for a possible oil exploration in Iboland? Na wa o grin grin grin

Please how developed is Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers state? With all the resources at the government's disposal? Only Akwa Ibom is forging ahead, and that happened in last 4 years.

The most developed place in Nigeria is Lagos State. There is no oil in Lagos state, but its where most of the business money in Nigeria is domiciled.

Abia state is oil producing, but the state is backward due to bad leadership. Running Aba efficiently as a business center would generate more income and guarantee more jobs in Abia State than drilling oil. We need to get over this obsession with oil.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
salam001: and your point is?
i fink u av some crude oil deposits in ur brain..dat dumb skull of ur needs to be explored..akpa amu.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
salam001: and your point is?
i fink u av some crude oil deposits in urs brain..dat dumb skull of ur needs to be explored..akpa amu.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
victord1st:

that guy *geez* hates anything igbo.he also said he worked with 6banks.pls ignore this guy he jobless.
Dont worry, I knw him for dat, he is that tribalistic. And i knw he will write sth in dis thread, such a predictable person. Dere is yet anoda guy, both frm d same tribe o.............fifs
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
But wat i have to add is dat oil discovery in any state has evn done more harm dan good cos d proceeds are only enjoyd by dose in power leaving dose @ d grassroot. Cos, Niger Delta natives are nt d happiest in Nigeria and i wouldnt wish dat for d SE. The ppl of SE are better off self reliant as dey are
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by 2rutalk1: 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
There is large oil deposit in Edda but due to maladministration by succesive governments, the mineral resource was never harnessed. I have personally touched the irons used in covering the oil well. It is situated at Orienta Primary School. Any time it rains, the whole environment will be littered with oil. Thank God for this great news.
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by portacabin: 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
When did state governments start discovering oil?
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by victord1st: 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
geez*:

Add an oil company and an advertising agency to that. Ode!

u also said u hav 3 coy. with several peeps on ur payroll.get a life lil boy.
i hv a private jet manufacturing coy nd very soon i will rollout made in naija jet.mchew
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by chykeo1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
[/b]
geez*:

[b]Wrong sir. Oil was first discovered in Oloibiri in 1956. I worked with SPDC fairly long enough to know that. Maybe the oil you speak of is Palm Oil grin

Wrong sir. Oil was first discovered in commercial quantities Oloibiri in 1956... wink
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by awodman: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
undecided cheesy ;Dchoi na my village be dat oooo ;Dchoi na my village be dat oooo very soon we will become developed like saudi pls dont remind me that niger delta aint developed
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by tiwasiaife(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abagworo:

I wouldn't declare you a hater because you probably lack the knowledge. Oil was 1st struck in Edda but was declared as not commercial. The next place was Owerri which was also declared as non-commercial. Oloibiri and Owaza were struck almost at the same time in the mid 50s and were declared as commercial. Why was Oloibiri and Owaza commercially viable? The deposit was large and it required less investment in pipelines to Bonny. If you can lay your hands on documents that pre-date 1970, you would know this. The civil war led to a lot of cover ups and twist of history.
u hv spoken well. I guez ur a geologist if yes which era do u belong? Hehehehe smh!
Re: FG Investigates Discovery Of Crude Oil In Ebonyi by Boicc(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
emmygod: preliminary investigation panels from federal government of Nigeria should also carried out investigation of oil in UDI and Oji river precisely ugwuoba both in ENUGU STATE. My own findings shows that there is deposit of oil in both regions.
my dad has always said dat der are oil droplets around dat ugwuoba in oji river,though am 4rm udi in 042,my town z far away 4rm der sha!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

60 Lieutenants Arrested Over Promotional Exams Malpractice / Govs Agree To Reduce Convoys, Travels, Flamboyant Dressing / PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.