Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

You MUST Be Born Again. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You MUST Be Born Again. (1190 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What It Means To Be "born Again"! / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Marvel not that i say unto YOU, YOU MUST be born again. Yes, you that is reading.

2 Likes

Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by CrazyMan(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Furthermore....God is offering the free Gift of Life to all of us every single day. It is the great gift of Salvation and Eternal Life that is offered to us with no strings attached.

God knows that through our own works we would never be able to earn the right to heaven and to atone for our sins He sacrificed His own Son Jesus Christ. Jesus shed His precious Blood for all our sins - past, present and future - and through His death He opened up a gateway for us so we would no longer be bound by the chains of death but could rather following His path to heaven.

All we need to do to receive the gift of Salvation and Eternal Life is believe in Him with a true and open heart. He expects us to give up control of our own lives and leave all guidance up to Him.

That sounds hard but it really is not. Once we have decided to let Jesus enter into our hearts His Holy Spirit begins the transformation process and we will be changed completely.

That does not necessarily mean that life will get any easier. We will still have to deal problems and hardships but this time we will approach them with a different heart and we will have the right solutions.

If we maintain a close and true relationship with Jesus Christ and if we continue to allow Him to lead us trough our lives He will open up our eyes to a truth that we never new before.

A wonderful truth that will enable us to understand life's problems with a much deeper insight and will offer us solutions that we have never dreamt of before. Even if we do not understand these solutions at times, in retrospect we will see that He guided us step by step and led us to safety.

If you are tired of living a life without meaning in a materialistic world that lacks compassion and love, a world that has chosen the "Almighty Dollar" as it's god and that will sacrifice anything and anybody to achieve it's ultimate goal: "financial freedom", then please consider the alternative.

Jesus Christ is waiting for you every single day to open up your heart to Him and to invite Him into your life. Once you are ready to take the next step the following prayer will be your "ticket" to Eternity:

The Prayer that changes Your Eternal Destiny

"Father, I thank You that Jesus died for me. I confess I have broken Your laws. Forgive my sins. I receive the pardon right now. Lord Jesus, come into my life. Give me a new heart with new desires. And by Your Spirit, give me the power to live a life that is pleasing to You. Thank you for forgiving me as You promised. Thank You for the gift of eternal Life."

If you prayed this prayer - prayed it with sincerity and a true heart - then you can be assured that the Lord has prepared a place for you in heaven.

Congratulations and welcome to the family of God. No matter what you've done in your life, you've received a full pardon in God's eyes. That's how easy it is for you. But it was not free - it cost God the life of His beloved Son in your place. Just thank Him for such love to you.

Now your Life in Christ finally begins.

Go into the world and make disciples for christ...shun sin and live a blameless life.

Christianity isn't as difficult as unbelievers paint it to be, infact, we christians are the most privilege because we have the holy spirit as our guide to lead and direct you every mile of the way.

Good luck to each and everyone of you from the active christian posters here, to the passive readers and even to the unregistered guest viewers...let's begin this journey for our salvation, and I can assure each and every one of us that we wouldn't regret serving God.

4 Likes

Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
Most people do not really understand wat it means to be born again.so crazy man you really believe one gets born again just by repeating those prayers you just wrote out there?
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Joagbaje(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
^^^^
Why don't you tell us your idea of being born again.

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Zikkyy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
Image123: Marvel not that i say unto YOU, YOU MUST be born again. Yes, you that is reading.

Who?
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by CrazyMan(m): 6:25am On Dec 12, 2012
chukwudi44: Most people do not really understand wat it means to be born again.so crazy man you really believe one gets born again just by repeating those prayers you just wrote out there?
Not just by repeating...but by believing it..and believing that God can change your heart.

I've noticed that this section has never won a single soul for christ...we spend time arguing with atheist year in year out.

Its high time we leave them to their faith, and begin to evangelize. The would is coming to an end, and if you don't have a single soul to boast of, then christ wouldn't be pleased with you.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 12, 2012
It is good to confess christ with your mouth and beleiving it with your heart but that is not the meaning of being born again.

Jesus christ essentially outlined the steps to been born again into 2

1.Being born of water

2.Being born of the spirit

Born of water here refers to baptism through which the adamic stain is washed off and which makes us new creatures.

Born of the spirit here refers to the reception of the holy spirit upon the faitful through laying of hands.

These are the major components of born againism.Verbal confession of faith without theses sacraments is not sufficient.That was why Jesus who did not even need baptism still had to get baptised just to show us the way
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by ichuka(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2012
chukwudi44: It is good to confess christ with your mouth and beleiving it with your heart but that is not the meaning of being born again.

1.Being born of water

Born of water here refers to baptism through which the adamic stain is washed off and which makes us new creatures.

Born of the spirit here refers to the reception of the holy spirit upon the faitful through laying of hands.

These are the major components of born againism.Verbal confession of faith without theses sacraments is not sufficient.That was why Jesus who did not even need baptism still had to get baptised just to show us the way
Physical baptism is merely declaring to the world that one is now dead to it and now lives completely to the leadings of The Holy Spirit.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2012
1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you ...

Baptism is now what saves us says the holy book.No where in the scripture is baptism described as a mere physical act.This is a new age teaching of the modern pentecostal movement,it was never taught by any of the early christian church fathers nor even the older protestant churches.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by CrazyMan(m): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2012
chukwudi44: It is good to confess christ with your mouth and beleiving it with your heart but that is not the meaning of being born again.

1.Being born of water

Being born of water, is just to declare to the world about your newly found faith like ichuka stated.

Being born of the spirit is after you must have declared and confessed that Jesus is son of God, to the glory of God the father.

The disciples were baptized by the holy spirit years after the proved their faith.

Holy ghost baptism isn't something you get by laying of hands or by saying I do...your heart has to be right with God, and God would have seen that emptiness and longing in you.

That's when he sends his holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
To be born again is to be born of God. All humans are born of their parents, biological father and mother. This is being born of the flesh, the physical. One cannot, or should not exercise confidence in the flesh or fleshly. No matter how good, rich or intelligent a man is, that which is born of the flesh is flesh. And flesh cannot inherit God's kingdom. This necessitates a new birth, to be born another time or born again. Marvel not that it is again said unto you, you MUST be born again, MUST.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
When one is born AGAIN, he/she becomes a child of God. He's born of God, and may well rightly be called a god. As many as received Jesus, they were given power to be sons of God. As many as received Jesus. You too can receive Jesus. You too can be born again. If it wasn't possible, Jesus wouldn't have said 'MUST'. You must be born again.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by ijawkid(m): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
Image123: d. He's born of God, and may well rightly be called a god. .

Hmmm.....the above sounds interesting.....
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:

Hmmm.....the above sounds interesting.....
skip am then abeg. no turn the thread to word jangle contest.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2016
true words
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2016
Image123:
Marvel not that i say unto YOU, YOU MUST be born again. Yes, you that is reading.

At the end of it all, these words of our Lord Jesus hold true. People continue to marvel but the fact is, you know na, you MUST be born again.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
Well done Image123
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Well done Image123
Yes sir.
Re: You MUST Be Born Again. by Image123(m): 6:34am On Feb 15, 2021
Have you being born again?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Christian??? / Why Dont Some People Use God's Name, Jehovah(yhwh)? / Why Should Christians Go To Church? How Important Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.