Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success (4505 Views)

Israel Develops System That Can Track Multiple Rocket Launch Sites / North Korea To Launch MISSILE Today!! / North Korea Rocket Breaks Up After Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2012
North Korea launched a long-range rocket Wednesday morning despite international opposition and growing tensions in the region. Pyongyang claimed the Unha-3 rocket successfully delivered a scientific satellite into orbit. Seoul has strongly condemned the launch as a violation of UN resolutions, with the South Korean president calling for an emergency meeting over the issue. The launch was confirmed by officials at the South Korean Defense Ministry and its Joint Chiefs of Staff. "Shortly after liftoff, the Aegis radar system in the Yellow Sea detected the move," a senior South Korean military official said, Yonhap news agency reports. North Korea said the Unha-3 rocket delivered a Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite into orbit as planned. "The second version of satellite Kwangmyongsong-3 successfully lifted off from the Sohae Space Center by carrier rocket Unha-3 on Wednesday," the official Korean Central News Agency said. "The satellite entered its preset orbit."

The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) reported that the North Korean missile deployed an object that appeared to achieve orbit, which would fall in line with Pyongyang’s claims about the nature of the launch.

However critics believe this could be a ballistic missile test, which the UN has banned North Korea from conducting. The UN Security Council is to gather for an emergency meeting on Wednesday to discuss the developments.The debris of the rocket fell into waters off the Philippines at 10:05 a.m. local time after passing over Okinawa, the Japanese government said, according to Yonhap. An official in Seoul told the news agency that the first stage of the North Korean rocket fell in the Yellow Sea. A Japanese government spokesman protested the launch but urged the Japanese people to go on with their lives as normal. Japan did not activate its PAC-3 missile defense system in response. Hours after the launch, Chinese state media urged an early resumption of the six-nation talks aimed at resolving the conflict over North Korea's nuclear program. The US branded the launch a “highly provocative act that threatens regional security.”

The move comes as a surprise as Pyongyang announced Monday it was extending its launch period for the rocket test by one week to Dec. 29.
Earlier, the US Navy had sent two additional warships to North Korea to track and prepare for a possible North Korean rocket launch, bringing the total number of warships surrounding the Communist state to four. The United States and the United Nations have expressed concern that North Korea may be testing its missile technology to see if it could be used to eventually strike the US. This is Pyongyang’s second attempt at such a launch this year – an attempt that the US views as a violation of UN Security Council resolutions. The UN has banned the secretive Communist nation from conducting any ballistic missile tests.

http://rt.com/news/north-korea-launches-missile-865/
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 12, 2012
^^^^Will Nigeria ever be as advanced as North Korea?? angry angry

All hail the mermite of Africanus with the biggest mouth... grin

1 Like

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by AlterEgoTM: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2012
You just gotta love the defiance of North Korea. Always standing up to the arrogant imperialism of the West.

[img]http://tribfox40.files./2012/12/image1.jpg?w=240&h=225[/img]
What on earth is this rotund eating? He keeps getting bigger cheesy grin
I thought there was faminine o'er there undecided
grin grin grin
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by tchaik(m): 6:58am On Dec 12, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^Will Nigeria ever be as advanced as North Korea?? angry angry

Advanced ke? shocked shocked shocked
When her citizens are starving!
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Emusan(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2012
All the terms in this news is so strange all i could capture is North Korea Launch a rocket undecidedundecided
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Olodo1: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2012
kudos to the north koreans

4 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by seanet02: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2012
America go and do your worst. Na only shakara you feel do.
Attack North Korea and you are assured of MAD.
That is the deal jare my Bloody Capitalists.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by AlterEgoTM: 9:29am On Dec 12, 2012
I think North Korea has got a huge leverage here, which is Nuclear Deterrence .

For this singular reason, I don't think the West can risk attacking Pyongyang.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Desoda: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
That young leader is thinking of launching satellites while Jonathan is still here boasting of cassava bread. Mtcheeew!

4 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
UN:I have a son, he is so defiant, does everything I forbid of him
ME:why don't you discipline him, starve him or use any means possible. Use him as an example for your other sons.
UN: too late, I've tried all I can, even starving. Infact my other son Iran is following his footsteps.
N/koreasadto Pakistan) Give us aid and we'll show you how to make nuclear bomb, I heard brother India troubles you. Use our method, don't worry, daddy only talks.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by solomon111(m): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
tchaik:

Advanced ke? shocked shocked shocked
When her citizens are starving!
if you knew anything,you would have known that hunger and poverty is rife in N.korea.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by solomon111(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Desoda: That young leader is thinking of launching satellites while Jonathan is still here boasting of cassava bread. Mtcheeew!
let to walk before you run.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by dilbert100: 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
these north koreans worry me greatly
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by mjconcept(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
This is going to be fun.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by AlterEgoTM: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
dilbert100: these north koreans worry me greatly
Why do they worry you mate undecided

It's not like they go around bombing whatever part of the world they feel like bombing, devastatingly turning bubbling and lively cities into graveyards as a result of the barrage of Hellfire and Patriot missiles rained on 'em à la the Washingtons of this world. undecided

3 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by agitator: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
AlterEgo™:
I think North Korea has got a huge leverage here, which is Nuclear Deterrence .

For this singular reason, I don't think the West can risk attacking Pyongyang.

yes na dem want die? America dey only attack countries wey no get nuclear weapon, make dem go try North Korea so we go know how powerful dem be.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
North Korea launched a rocket and USA Military launched another secretive Rocket into orbit, so what and why do you think the US launched that rocket. To me is either to monitor what north korea is up to with their satellite.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by amiskurie(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ok ok american slaves,the Usa just lunched a secretive space shuttle or whatever into space and I dont think even the EU knws what its all abt,talk-less african puppets.Now you will support sanction against a emerging nation like North K.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by postemail: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
See how the western media portrayed the launch by NK. They were negative about this achievement, except for a few. It goes to show their bias. But think of it, it's a great achievement by this country regardless of your political views.

2 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
The North Koreans are wise people. The have armed themselves with a nuclear deterrent because they know that that is what can protect them from the World's bully and their NATO/EU vassals. Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya and Iraq would never have been attacked and destroyed if they were nuclear armed states. The Iranians will be the greatest fools on earth if they do not find a way to protect their nation and deter Washington's coming plunder and destruction as the North Koreans have done. Look at the ongoing destruction of Syria by terrorists financed, trained and armed by Obama and his NATO/Gulf puppets.

North Korea's nuclear deterrence is why you will never hear of the US/NATO threatening to attack that nation. They have endured 60 years of sanctions but they will not bow to the world's bully. Sanctions that are possible just because the dollar is the international currency of trade. Find a way to remove the dollar as the worlds reserve currency and Washington loses its economic, political and military power that it abuses and uses to destabilize independent countries and kill millions around the globe since WW2.

5 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by bankylan: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
kalokalo: The North Koreans are wise people. The have armed themselves with a nuclear deterrent because they know that that is what can protect them from the World's bully and their NATO/EU vassals. Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya and Iraq would never have been attacked and destroyed if they were nuclear armed states. The Iranians will be the greatest fools on earth if they do not find a way to protect their nation and deter Washington's coming plunder and destruction as the North Koreans have done. Look at the ongoing destruction of Syria by terrorists financed, trained and armed by Obama and his NATO/Gulf puppets.

North Korea's nuclear deterrence is why you will never hear of the US/NATO threatening to attack that nation. They have endured 60 years of sanctions but they will not bow to the world's bully. Sanctions that are possible just because the dollar is the international currency of trade. Find a way to remove the dollar as the worlds reserve currency and Washington loses its economic, political and military power that it abuses and uses to destabilize independent countries and kill millions around the globe since WW2.

Wanted to comment on your opinion before..but I decided not to when I saw ur name. Kalokalo?
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by pazienza(m): 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
Who really is a threat to the world peace? A nuclear USA or a nuclear North korea? To the best of my knowledge,north korea is yet to attack any country with nuclear weapons,but we have seen western imperialists depose other people's govt,using their nuclear might. If everybody in the world has nuclear might,that will mean the end of western imprialism,as any attempt by the western mongrels would lead to MAD. I am with north korea full time,wealth without security is a waste.

3 Likes

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
God bless China for they are the ones that stood by North Korea all along to ensure they survive the evil sanctions imposed by the USA & EU puppets.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by zubbainno123: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hmmmmmm..............d world is sure coming to an end!
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
When it comes to weaponry. Nuc?s is the answer
North Korea keep on developing your Nuclear Weapons
U.S And the western imperialism is getting too much.
every nation need's to be security conscious oh just to be able to withstand any attacks...

1 Like

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by wissezy: 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^Will Nigeria ever be as advanced as North Korea?? angry angry

Educated fool! And hw is north korea advanced in technology?

1 Like

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
wissezy: Educated fool! And hw is north korea advanced in technology?
That guy is the worst silly individual posting on this forum. I always take his comments for jokes.
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 13, 2012
wissezy: Educated fool! And hw is north korea advanced in technology?

Can Nigeria put a satellite in the orbit?? Can you launch a three-stage rocket into the orbit?? Can you make ballistic missiles?? Can you build submarines

North Korea is 50 years ahead of Nigeria technologically, period...

1 Like

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 13, 2012
all4naija: That guy is the worst silly individual posting on this forum. I always take his comments for jokes.

Says the dumbest and most predictable poster on nl...

Anyway, I take that as a compliment - low IQ having numbnuts will always find highly intelligent posts amusing since they can't decipher them.. wink grin
Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by agitator: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx:

Can Nigeria put a satellite in the orbit?? Can you launch a three-stage rocket into the orbit?? Can you make ballistic missiles?? Can you build submarines

North Korea is 50 years ahead of Nigeria technologically, period...

10000 likes
my guy nothing do you, no mind all this c.or.k suckers, make the continue dey lick the yansh of usa.

Olodo, dem way dey wait make usa come develop their country.

1 Like

Re: North Korea Declares Its Rocket Launch A Success by igbo2011(m): 12:14am On Dec 14, 2012
I hope this doesn't trigger world war III

(1) (2) (Reply)

America Will Beat Russia And/or China In A War / Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler / Are You Concerned About The Elenin Comet Alignment On Sept. 26?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.