Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Much Is A Billion Naira? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is A Billion Naira? (3142 Views)

UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / How Many Millions Is In A Billion And In A Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Billion Naira? by kuluTemper: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2012
I kinda laugh whenever it is read over the news in Nigeria that xyz billions of Naira is missing or unaccounted for. I remember a six year old boy with fascination for numbers saying a billion is a thousand million. What is more hilarious is when our leaders talk about a project on TV and say something that goes  like "we have spent between 3.5 billion and 5.5 billion Naira so far". We take it as a reasonable estimate. A billion Naira is a thousand million!

Imagine you have a fantastic dream job in Nigeria that will pay you 2 million Naira per month. You will earn a cool 24 million Naira per annum. After 35 years of over enjoyment service, you have only spent and unspent 840 million Naira.most of us know that this kind of job is like one in a million in Nigeria. 2 million is about $12,000 at an exchange rate of  US$1 to 165 Naira, most people in the US know that you are very very comfortable if your earn that per month. I kinda think I don't know what a billion Naira is.

please kindly share your perception of a million Naira.
Re: How Much Is A Billion Naira? by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2012
My uncle said he stop watching NTA because of the billions they mention there.
Re: How Much Is A Billion Naira? by kuluTemper: 10:49am On Dec 12, 2012
ITbomb: My uncle said he stop watching NTA because of the billions they mention there.

Bros, I no blame your uncle o!
Re: How Much Is A Billion Naira? by folahann(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
The story of our LIVE in Nigeria. You don't know how much Trillion has been stolen under Jonathan, na Billion you dey talk about
Re: How Much Is A Billion Naira? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
folahann: The story of our LIVE in Nigeria. You don't know how much Trillion has been stolen under Jonathan, na Billion you dey talk about
OP is lamenting about a billion, what of the trillions? and mind u everything goes into making those billions/trillions including budget to open a facebook account for 2.5million naira!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Bars Gov. Akpabio From Aso-rock / Jonathan Hits Back At APC, Kwankwaso, Others / Oil And Gas: Subsea Wellheads Now Manufactured In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.